Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some lower-cost laptops that can run Sims 2?

BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 2
Lowest price you know about, please. My one requirement is that it can run Sims 2 decently if not good. Thank you :)

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Check out HP. I had a $600 USD HP Pavilion x360 convertible (laptop/tablet hybrid) that ran Sims 2 UC, Sims 3 and Sims 4 very well. Sorry for the late reply.
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited August 2022
    @EricasFreePlay Do not be sorry, your reply is not late. Thank you for letting me know! Can you please tell me if you needed to adjust it in any way to run Sims 2? Also, which way did you acquire the sims 2, if you can state it. Thank you

edit: Also, which windows did it run on?
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    1) I had to add in the graphics card which there are instructions on how to do this in several posts on the forums.
    2) I have the Ultimate Collection (digital download) which I got from EA Customer Support since I was able to prove I owned a physical copy of the game. UNFORTUNATELY, this is no longer an option. They stopped giving out the codes 4 years ago.
    3) Windows 10. I am afraid to upgrade to Win 11 since I have the Sims 2 UC and am not sure how the two would cooperate.

• BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    @EricasFreePlay Thank you, very appreciated