Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't want to be a barista.

I wish there was a way to just choose what job you actually want, Ie why can't I just pick a first hobby and have the job based off that?

Comments

• RubyMistRubyMist Posts: 14 New Member
    I agree. I'd like to have a job based off a hobby.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It's sort of weird how the game basically tells you to go buy a stove if your Sim is content with going out to eat or having snacks- and the small amount of traits at the start is also sort of limiting. Say my Sim is into writing or music- why start off with a culinary skill, or grab another random skill object to take up space?
  • Leila_22Leila_22 Posts: 56 Member
    > @Gamer_34567544 said:
    > It's sort of weird how the game basically tells you to go buy a stove if your Sim is content with going out to eat or having snacks- and the small amount of traits at the start is also sort of limiting. Say my Sim is into writing or music- why start off with a culinary skill, or grab another random skill object to take up space?

I feel the exact same, it's frustrating!
  • Bianc51Bianc51 Posts: 19 Member
    @Gamer_34567544 I know, I felt the same way. I believe the cafe/restaurant is one of the first locations offered to you in the game. You have to unlock the locations to start the different careers. As you work, you can unlock special objects related to the career. Hobbies are weird too - it’s based on the objects you purchase, that’s how you unlock them. Good luck!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would rather be self-employed, though, ya know...? Why have another Sim hand me the paychecks when I can do stuff to get them myself? Ie, the writer hobby, the music hobby, etc?