Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home from vacay, they can't speak to each other: reinstall?

ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
Hey everyone,

After learning how to delete Twikii Island (thanks to advice from several of you kind folks) to rescue my sims who were stuck in limbo there. they got back home safe, and I took another vacation to Twikii after deleting it and re-adding it, this time they got there but it asked me to choose a destination, this time I chose the bungalows (rentals, no owned property this time) and it did the same thing: went into build/buy mode, with "families" greyed out, no way to get to live mode or select families. So I did the same thing again, got them back safe home.

This time, I tried a vacation to Takemizu Village. And so far so good, checked into the resort, the Sims were functional, but noticed they wouldn't take a bath while the other was in the shower, wouldn't sit and eat together, only one at a time. When they went somewhere, I had a lot of trouble trying to get them to go back, or go on tour, etc. and that's when I noticed they couldn't speak to one another.

The only options were "Appreciate" with "Admire" or "Backrub" as choices. That's it, nothing else.

I ended the vacation early, hoping the problem was gone, but back at Belladonna Cove, they still couldn't do anything else with each other.

So has anyone had any experiences like this? Does it require a game reinstall and just let the sims and the entire save go?
You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
```
wonderfullymade.jpg

Comments

• EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Try removing mods to test if at least one of them might be the problem. Because even a vanilla game should function opposite to your issue. So, there must be something that is causing this.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Ok, so even with no mods, that couple still can't speak or interact except "appreciate: admire/backrub" but the other households in that save, can interact normally.

They must be corrupted or something? I hate to do it, but maybe I should kill them off? Or just never play that household? Worried it might spread.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • IamJIamJ Posts: 44 Member
    Try the boolprop cheat and then when the object error sign comes up press “reset”. You’ll likely have to do it several times for all the family memebers, they seem to be stuck somehow.

If not that then try moving them to a different house, that often helps reset the family.