Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I stop roof trims from showing up inside?

I'm not sure if I'm building my houses incorrectly but I cant seem to stop root trim from showing up on inside walls. What am I doing wrong?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    I don't know if I can be much help myself, but do you have a picture you can upload?
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    edited August 2022
    n/m I misinterpreted the issue.
    Post edited by Wndblwz on
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I'm building my houses incorrectly but I cant seem to stop root trim from showing up on inside walls. What am I doing wrong?

For a section of roof to turn invisible, it must be enclosed 'indoors' in a room.
    If that doesn't help, I could make a short video capture showing what I mean.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    Without pictures it's kind of hard to pinpoint what the issue is exactly.
    But since I once wrote a short tutorial on a roofing issue of the same kind, I might as well share it: https://mdianasims.tumblr.com/post/161657272445/how-to-build-dormers-without-roofs-clipping
    Hopefully this'll give you some pointers on how to solve your issue. And if not, maybe it'll be useful anyway 😊
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    edited August 2022
    Double post 🙃 this forum is such a horror to use on mobile 😂
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

The two really thick roof trims show through the walls no matter what you do, it's been a glitch in the game for ages. It's the same problem we have with some of the thicker fences and stair railings that also show through the wall.

The only solution is to choose a thinner roof trim... one that doesn't stick out as much and won't show through the wall on the other side.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member

Try using shift + frieze to put them on one wall only, not on the whole room.
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Images, They might be small but you can get an idea of the problem

Screen-Shot-2022-08-05-at-8-33-19-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-08-05-at-8-33-34-AM.png

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    edited August 2022
    Gagea wrote: »

Try using shift + frieze to put them on one wall only, not on the whole room.

THIS WORKS!! Thank you!

Well, kinda. It works on some walls, but some that share an outside wall are still being weird.
    Post edited by DeadFishy on
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

For a section of roof to turn invisible, it must be enclosed 'indoors' in a room.
    If that doesn't help, I could make a short video capture showing what I mean.

Maybe I've been building houses incorrectly but some interior rooms that have exterior walls still show roof trim inside. I have this issue especially when trying to build stairs with an open space below. I'll build a room to remove the floor and it gets counted as a room even though there are no walls (or floors for that matter). Thats what was happening in the image below.

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I too had this problem in the past, lately I mostly avoided those trims. I think I did better if I waited adding them until the building was complete. Often their status changed if I kept building walls after they were added. Mostly I had problems using them if the house included a room spanning two floors. I think they work better the less complex the building is.
    This was not very helpful, I know, LOL.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited August 2022
    Images, They might be small but you can get an idea of the problem

Screen-Shot-2022-08-05-at-8-33-34-AM.png

oh these trims!

you should delete the roof trim and try place it back outside while holding shift this adds it section by section

if this does not work it is most likely because the game does not recognize a room

you can try rebuilding the rooms (walls n all) because game probably fails to realize there is room on the part with floor removed

you can also try limiting the space game does not recognize a room by creating invinsible sections or if theres some unifying them dragging the sections that do not have trim over the ones that have trim

also due to lighting i think you don't have ceilings which should also be there if room is recognized unless ofcourse you deleted those
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

I misunderstood (mis-read) the original question. Yes the trims are a real paint in the Llama's bottom. Often I just give up on it.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Unfortunately they've been always like that. I just ignore it.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited August 2022
    I've had this issue. The problem is, the game is not recognizing your room as a room, but just as separate walls. Sometimes, redrawing the walls with the tool that allows you to draw single, attached walls (the one that shows joints between sections) will make it stop happening. Sadly, sometimes my only option is to delete the walls entirely and start over but sometimes the redrawing works to make the room recognized. Try testing this first to see if its the problem by putting the walls up and check if you have roofing over all your rooms. If you don't, the game does not consider it an actual room.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.