Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    > @Metior_Ice said:
    > My save isn’t looking good. I checked on it, and confirmed that saving the game is sending me to the main menu. I can access my save, but saving it again might be a challenge.
    >
    > There are a lot of things I don’t want to lose in this save. But, if the save is corrupted after the updates, I have most of my households saved to the gallery.
    >
    > It’ll be a pain, but I may end up starting a new save and attempt to transfer my sims and lots over to the new save.
    >
    > It may be that time again. This save has lasted the longest so far though. I’m kinda happy this is happening between story arcs.

I think you can restore a save, there are several versions of the same save. I've never had to do it, but I did see this in the folders when creating back ups - there are in fact several different save states. In theory, you may be able to recover your save, but you'll lose progress.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Ciralinde wrote: »
    > @Metior_Ice said:
    > My save isn’t looking good. I checked on it, and confirmed that saving the game is sending me to the main menu. I can access my save, but saving it again might be a challenge.
    >
    > There are a lot of things I don’t want to lose in this save. But, if the save is corrupted after the updates, I have most of my households saved to the gallery.
    >
    > It’ll be a pain, but I may end up starting a new save and attempt to transfer my sims and lots over to the new save.
    >
    > It may be that time again. This save has lasted the longest so far though. I’m kinda happy this is happening between story arcs.

I think you can restore a save, there are several versions of the same save. I've never had to do it, but I did see this in the folders when creating back ups - there are in fact several different save states. In theory, you may be able to recover your save, but you'll lose progress.

@Ciralinde Unfortunately, I play on the console and I can’t recover things the same way pc players can. I can’t even use mods, and there are mods I would use, particularly the ones that give children a merman or mermaid form for example.

This might not be terrible. I have some relationships that the game isn’t culling that need to be culled. I just hope I get the chance to rebuild the lineages without an issue. The game is ridiculously difficult when it comes to the relationships of existing sims.
  • Options
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    There are a lot of things I don’t want to lose in this save. But, if the save is corrupted after the updates, I have most of my households saved to the gallery.

I had to do that once last year.

Export my vital households and then start a new save. It's a pain, but yeah.

These days I make a copy save every so often. A "losing one week is better than losing it all" backup.

I didn't have that backup in a ready to go state before the recent patch though - so I've been powering through and my biggest issue so far is what just happened with MCCC above. Something I can fix at least.

@Jyotai I haven’t had to do a save reset in a while, but I try to save back ups in the gallery. It’ll probably take a sim week to get things up and running again.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    My biggest concern is that my gallery reached its limit or something and most, if not all, of what I had saved in my library was erased.

The biggest thing I don’t want to lose are the connection between ghosts and their urns. I have a ghost in one of my households that I didn’t want to lose the netherworld option. Le sigh, it’ll be complicated telling the end of my story now. I’m not sure how to get rid of a ghost without its urn.

Edit: I know I can just delete the ghost, or ghosts, in question, but that’s kinda dull.
  • Options
    CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    My biggest concern is that my gallery reached its limit or something and most, if not all, of what I had saved in my library was erased.

Wow, that's gnarly. I didn't know this was a thing for console players. I'm sorry to hear of it.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    A Hard Lesson, an Erik Cantrell FLASHBACK

“It isn’t fair,” Erik ranted. He took the electronic device from his backpack and handed it over to his father to sign.
    “What’s this?” Joseph said, as he scrolled through it. “Detention? You sat Detention? Erik what ever for?”
    “You’re not going to like it anymore than I did. Joey gets caught pranking a toilet by Ms. Prescott, our Principal, and he gets off Scott-free. Me? I’m two minutes late for class. Two minutes! And the witch is all over me as if I committed the crime of the Century? Gave me Detention. What is this —besides a two-tiered justice system! I want out of this school!”
    “Mr. Cantrell, you’re late!”
    “I know and I’m sorry, I was working out in the basement gym —”
    cPHoq3d.jpg

“You have Detention after school.”
    “But, Ma’am, I have commitments …”
    “I don’t want your excuses, Mister. I want you to get to your classes on time.”
    QtKSGB4.jpg

“But, Ms. Prescott, please, I have a scheduled concert I can’t just skip out on that. And a photoshoot, besides. I have obligations.”
    “Yes, you do. You have an obligation to your classmates to not defy the rules here at Copperdale High. If I let you go, I’ll have to let everyone go. I won’t abide tardiness.”
    “Please, just this once.”
    pF2dlKb.jpg

“I get suspicious vibes from you.”
    ZTeoRlh.jpg
    Dutifully, Erik sat detention, with just a handful of others. Glancing over he was a bit surprised to see Hayleigh Golden was one of them. Just what did you do?
    KSOK5zP.jpg

After Erik was released, he quickly put in a call to Orion Entertainment, Limited to apologize for the missed concert. They weren’t at all happy. Erik cringed as the Sim gave him a proper dressing down over the phone. The one thing that brightened his day was discovering he could still take part in the athletic rally. Again, he chose the event that most suited his abilities. For a time, he was doing really good, too. He might even make the team …
    RflGt2j.jpg
    eQ2RQas.jpg

Well into his element, Erik sometimes danced with lights, he was in the zone.
    VH18U9K.jpg

qqVnsR1.jpg

He managed to do a back flip, too. Sticking the landing like nobody’s business —
    HpjoiyG.jpg

Trying yet another athletic move,
    pMIY4gh.jpg
    NiwaDtg.jpg

He was doing great —until he landed on his butt. How many points off for that? This just isn’t my day.
    b4uM0pW.jpg

After his rather inglorious finale, Erik went back inside the school to use the restroom. When he came back out, Kayleigh was standing in the corridor, looking terribly forlorn. “Kayleigh? Honey, what is it? What’s wrong?”
    “I thought you were taking me to your concert.”
    “Oh, Babe, I’m sorry. I wanted to call or text you, but I had to cancel the concert, long after it was supposed to take place. I think I may own the venue some money. I know my booking company was none too happy with me.”
    StcLU67.jpg

“I thought you just stood me up.”
    “I would never do that. Not willingly. I was in Detention. Missed my own concert. Missed my photoshoot. I’m sorry. I barely had time to try out for the Cheer Squad.”
    “Really?”
    “Really. Hayleigh was there, too. In Detention, that is. Still love me?”
    “You bet I do. But what did you do?”
    “I was late for my first class.”
    1Q3IFlH.jpg

“I’m sorry I left you hanging. Come here,”
    UI8VwVj.jpg

The small group wandered over to the Tea place. Stepping outside again, Erik stopped and got down on a knee.
    “Kayleigh, will you go to Saturday’s Prom with me?”
    Rzptj00.jpg

“Aww, that’s so nice, you made this? Yes, I would love to go with you.”
    “Maybe we can even get pictures this time.”
    “Oh, I hope so.”
    LuwmYr3.jpg

Back home again, Erik stood before his father.
    “So, did anything good from your time in confinement?”
    “Got my homework done, but that’s about it.”
    “Well, son, I realize your ego is bruised from this, but did it ever occur to you she couldn’t let you off, even if she wanted to? After all, you are a celebrity. How would that look? You talked about the system being uneven, how do you think letting you off would look to the other students? Just because you have a Tile on the Avenue. How much late is okay? Two minutes, ten minutes, the entire hour?”
    “I see what you mean. What you’re saying is no excuses. Bust my butt like everyone else.”
    “That’s right. On campus you have no more privilege than any of the others.
    Trust me, it never goes down well. I know, I’ve had to deal with some young Sims who earned celebrity, but think that’s a signal they can do anything they want. Even bribe their professor for a better grade they didn’t earn. Or if that fails threaten them, instead. I have failed more than one in my time. Don’t be that kind of a celebrity, okay? Remember, always, who you are.”

Erik went upstairs to his bedroom/studio suite. He had a great deal to ponder. His father’s words continued to haunt him, “Don’t be that kind of celebrity.”
    F8rnvvh.jpg

After a time, he set the textbook aside. What he needed was some music.
    5StxASW.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

@GalacticGal Father shows a lot of wisdom there. He even waited until Erik had cooled down to share it. Very heartwarming!

• Options
    telemwill wrote: »

@GalacticGal Father shows a lot of wisdom there. He even waited until Erik had cooled down to share it. Very heartwarming!

Thank you. That means a lot.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this @Metior_Ice . It's just been one thing after another for you. Take heart. You're a very creative person and I know you'll find a work-around if need be. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this @Metior_Ice . It's just been one thing after another for you. Take heart. You're a very creative person and I know you'll find a work-around if need be. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

@GalacticGal it does feel that way. But, I’m sure I’ll figure things out. Circumstances are making me take a break. I think walking away from the games will give me time to “reset” and be a little more focused.

Although, every time I have to fix something in the game, I feel more removed from my story, and that might cause me to lose my train of thought for the story.

It’s probably best to start a new save now, while I’m between story arcs. At least, it’ll be kinda like starting a new story instead of fixing things in the middle of a story.

I just have to overcome that “Blank Page” stage freight lol.
  • Options
    WiseGoose wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say my Sim bit the dust today. He smelt some flowers which unfortunately induced his demise as death flowers were amongst them. Really! Someone needs to stop that florist. Death flowers are just asking for trouble, hehe got to love that Sims humour.

Rest in peace Mr. Edwards.

I started again shortly after, made my new Sim and the circle of life has begun to spin once more. I'm hoping for a happier ending on this save. Only time will tell!

Wow, I had no idea the Death Flower could cause a Sim to die. I know it's a much-needed ingredient to make Ambrosia which can either keep a Sim from dying or at least revive him. A fan gave my Teen Global Superstar, Rock Star a Death Flower … What was the fan trying to say? :open_mouth:
  • Options

@GalacticGal it does feel that way. But, I’m sure I’ll figure things out. Circumstances are making me take a break. I think walking away from the games will give me time to “reset” and be a little more focused.

Although, every time I have to fix something in the game, I feel more removed from my story, and that might cause me to lose my train of thought for the story.

It’s probably best to start a new save now, while I’m between story arcs. At least, it’ll be kinda like starting a new story instead of fixing things in the middle of a story.

Take down some notes of what you want to happen, so that while you give yourself a well-deserved break, you won't lose anything of note. All of us go through the Blank Page Syndrome, it's a part of being a writer. I often use the pictures I've snapped while playing my game to help inspire me as I go. I had no idea about the console thing. I do know that my kids needed some kind of memory card for their console. Could this be a problem?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,835 Member
    edited August 2022

The biggest thing I don’t want to lose are the connection between ghosts and their urns. I have a ghost in one of my households that I didn’t want to lose the netherworld option. Le sigh, it’ll be complicated telling the end of my story now. I’m not sure how to get rid of a ghost without its urn.

Edit: I know I can just delete the ghost, or ghosts, in question, but that’s kinda dull.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'd be heartbroken if this happened to my sims. I've been on the verge of tears a time or two thinking I *might* have lost my main save and the magic my sims wove into it. And I don't have as much time and emotion invested yet in my story as you do in yours.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I readjusted the new High School so all the classes are on the main floor. Also, I added a School Library, Soccer Balls, Basketball objects & the Cheerleading Mat at the High School.
    I saved it in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS if anyone wants to check it out.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

Take down some notes of what you want to happen, so that while you give yourself a well-deserved break, you won't lose anything of note. All of us go through the Blank Page Syndrome, it's a part of being a writer. I often use the pictures I've snapped while playing my game to help inspire me as I go. I had no idea about the console thing. I do know that my kids needed some kind of memory card for their console. Could this be a problem?

There may be a back up somewhere. I know that my PlayStation 4 does save back ups, but I haven’t used that feature as much.

With my luck, there aren’t any back ups saved.

This save, with my 8 merman princes, has been around for a long time and survived many updates already. I guess it’s just that time as painful as it is. I’m proud of how long I kept the save going. and the two mermen I care the most about are saved.

Dylan and Zeph, along with their family will survive this since I already saved so much to the gallery.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I'd be heartbroken if this happened to my sims. I've been on the verge of tears a time or two thinking I *might* have lost my main save and the magic my sims wove into it. And I don't have as much time and emotion invested yet in my story as you do in yours.

@DaniRose2143 That’s an understatement. I’ve had Dylan and Zeph around through every life stage. I completed multiple aspirations and did most of everything with them. Dylan and Zeph are my most important mermen. I would be distraught if anything happened to my twin mermen.

Edit: This isn’t the first time I’ve had to transfer them to a new save. The original Zalrian Household is still afflicted by NAP bugs that seem attached to that household. Calum and Arihi get fined 25 simoleons every time they use electronics. :D
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,633 Member
    @Metior_Ice, well that all sucks. I know how you feel about your merfolk. I feel the same about Gwen and Cassie. I have backups for my backups... but I play on PC so it's easy to do. I hope you can recover and/or rebuild. The story can go on even if the game changes.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    The only thing is, Jack
    @Metior_Ice, well that all sucks. I know how you feel about your merfolk. I feel the same about Gwen and Cassie. I have backups for my backups... but I play on PC so it's easy to do. I hope you can recover and/or rebuild. The story can go on even if the game changes.

If I can’t recover Jack, Alen, Aiden, Jason, and Akira, I will survive. But if anything ever happened to my twins… That might be the end of my story.
  • Options
    Lir is also saved. He’s important to my current story, but he’s not my favorite. I’m mostly attached to Lir because he’s Dylan and Zeph’s cousin.
  • Options

There may be a back up somewhere. I know that my PlayStation 4 does save back ups, but I haven’t used that feature as much.

This save, with my 8 merman princes, has been around for a long time and survived many updates already. I guess it’s just that time as painful as it is. I’m proud of how long I kept the save going. and the two mermen I care the most about are saved.

Dylan and Zeph, along with their family will survive this since I already saved so much to the gallery.

@DaniRose2143 That’s an understatement. I’ve had Dylan and Zeph around through every life stage. I completed multiple aspirations and did most of everything with them. Dylan and Zeph are my most important mermen. I would be distraught if anything happened to my twin mermen.

Edit: This isn’t the first time I’ve had to transfer them to a new save. The original Zalrian Household is still afflicted by NAP bugs that seem attached to that household. Calum and Arihi get fined 25 simoleons every time they use electronics. :D

@Metior_Ice I guess I do know your pain. Danielle is my do everything, be everything sim. She has been with me through thick and thin, for better of worse, for 3+ years. She isn't merely a sim to me, just as Dylan and Zeph aren't merely sims to you. Even though I haven't had to go through what you have, we are kindred spirits with our most cherished sims. Calling them merely sims is selling them short. Maybe we're the rare breed who bond with our favorite sims?!

I have only been telling my Under The Tartosan Sun story since April, but all five main characters are almost family. I genuinely care what happens to Danielle, Londyn, Summer, Liberty, and Matteo. #SorryNotSorry
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Sorry to hear that @Metior_Ice ! Glad you can use your library/gallery still. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited August 2022

@luciusstorm I’m super happy that Gwen and Cassie survived Vlad’s attacks! I’ve been meaning to say that I’m still following all your updates!

@Metior_Ice I guess I do know your pain. Danielle is my do everything, be everything sim. She has been with me through thick and thin, for better of worse, for 3+ years. She isn't merely a sim to me, just as Dylan and Zeph aren't merely sims to you. Even though I haven't had to go through what you have, we are kindred spirits with our most cherished sims. Calling them merely sims is selling them short. Maybe we're the rare breed who bond with our favorite sims?!

I have only been telling my Under The Tartosan Sun story since April, but all five main characters are almost family. I genuinely care what happens to Danielle, Londyn, Summer, Liberty, and Matteo. #SorryNotSorry

@DaniRose2143

A lot of text in the Spoiler
    I can’t imagine a game without Dylan and Zeph. They are good young mermen and they are always doing stuff to help another sim through tough spots. They are attached to their families, and I save their families because I know how important their extended family is to them.

They are like real merpeople to me. They aren’t just fictional characters I play doll with. Everything I do with them… I give it so much thought and debate on every choice. No choice is ever made lightly.

I would definitely say that I’ve grown very attached to my twins!

I know, I know, my merfolk have a lot of twins, and there’s even a set of trips… But Dylan and Zeph were the first set of twins, the sims I carefully created. I mean, even Calum, their father, was created to create them. I was there with them and they were there for me.

And if they ever got separated, man I feel it strong. After playing them for so long, it feels unnatural to have Dylan and Zeph in separate households. I struggle to have one of my twins on a lot without the other.

Because they are identical twins, (I made sure that they look as close to identical as humanly possible if there is any physical difference in their appearance) the game tries to separate them by sending one home… but in-spite of what the game does, the other’s twin will always immediately return to the lot before the game sends them home again. They know they are meant to stick together… And I have so many memories of Dylan and Zeph doing things in sync… They are the type of twins that complete each other’s thoughts as if they can read each other’s mind. Their strengths make up for the other’s weaknesses. They are super siblings and truly the best of friends, they always have been.

I could go on and on, but my twin mermen are really that important to me.
    Sorry to hear that @Metior_Ice ! Glad you can use your library/gallery still. Good luck.

@mightysprite I’m happy that I have current copies in the Gallery. Thanks for the well wishes!

Also, I did want to say that I’m enjoying your story with Warner. I’m intrigued with the current events and look forward to the next update!

————————

The Library is everything saved on my console. The Gallery is everything I’ve shared for others to download into their game.

Dylan and Zeph are regularly updated in the Gallery. Anyone can have my twins in their game, provided they have all the packs I use with them, and I’m probably going to start relying on the Gallery to preserve most of what I create. Even if my Library gets reset, everything and everyone will survive in the Gallery.

I hope that clears up any confusion for anyone.
  • Options
    @Metior_Ice Warner and Colette are @BlueSeaWaves 's story. I'll pass along the compliment though :)
  • Options
    The Library is everything saved on my console. The Gallery is everything I’ve shared for others to download into their game.

Dylan and Zeph are regularly updated in the Gallery. Anyone can have my twins in their game, provided they have all the packs I use with them, and I’m probably going to start relying on the Gallery to preserve most of what I create. Even if my Library gets reset, everything and everyone will survive in the Gallery.

I hope that clears up any confusion for anyone.

Your mentioning that reminds me I only have a 'vanilla' version of Londyn and Matteo available in my gallery, I don't think I've ever offered a vanilla Danielle for download. I know I've never offered up my Summer or Liberty, because of all the cc. I should upload a vanilla Danielle at least. I could upload the cc versions of Danielle, Summer, and Liberty with a list of all the cc needed to recreate them as they appear in UTTS.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 A vanilla Danielle would be very welcome in my game as an NPC if you wish and if you decide to upload her. I'd settle her in Tartosa, natch, and perhaps she'll show up wandering around in San Myshuno?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top