Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2022
    Pigtails wrote: »
    I'd like a child, toddler baby expansion next. We're seriously lacking content and features for them. More clothes and toys would be nice. At the moment they feel a bit forgotten and left out to me.

Absolutley. I'd love a childhood EP with the following content

- new playground equipment (slide for children, seesaws, those little ride-thingies for toddlers, hop scotches, play towers etc
    - new after school activities for children and playable elementary school (elementary school as a new venue type)
    - daycare / preschool for toddlers and a daycare career
    - real babies like in TS Freeplay with genetics, CAS and BB for them (toys, beds, playing mats etc), they learn how to crawl and stand up, take their first steps before the turn to toddlers
    - strollers for babies and toddlers
    - family activities like taking a walk as a family, family board games for up to 8 Sims,
    - sleepovers for kids and teens (loved the sleeping bags that came with TS3)
    - new toys and up to 8 children / toddlers can play together
    - activity table for toddlers like we had in TS3
    - games children can play together like cops and robbers, tag, ringa ringa roses, hide and seek etc.
    - crafting together, an adult with up to 7 children/toddlers (great for playable daycare / preschool)
    - finger painting for toddlers and children (up to 7 toddlers with an adult)
    - kite flying with up to 8 Sims
    - new things toddlers, chidlren and babies can do together (peek-a-boo or hugs with babies, hold the baby for older siblings etc)
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member

- new playground equipment (slide for children, seesaws, those little ride-thingies for toddlers, hop scotches, play towers etc
    - new after school activities for children and playable elementary school (elementary school as a new venue type)
    - real babies like in TS Freeplay with genetics, CAS and BB for them (toys, beds, playing mats etc), they learn how to crawl and stand up, take their first steps before the turn to toddlers
    - family activities like taking a walk as a family, family board games for up to 8 Sims,
    - games children can play together like cops and robbers, tag, ringa ringa roses, hide and seek etc.
    - crafting together, an adult with up to 7 children/toddlers (great for playable daycare / preschool)
    - new things toddlers, chidlren and babies can do together (peek-a-boo or hugs with

if you list was real you Ea could tack my money tonight
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I'm hoping for music/bands pack with lead singers. :)

If they are separated into two packs, it will be better. Singers and models come with a Korean map as well as Hip-hop dance. And others will be similar to TS3 showtime with magicians, acrobats and forming your band; a garage rock or an orchestra with chorus( they can also put this in the pack about the elder or primary school
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    gamercat wrote: »

- new things toddlers, chidlren and babies can do together (peek-a-boo or hugs with

if you list was real you Ea could tack my money tonight

They should hire me for idea pitches haha
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    They should hire me for idea pitches haha me lol ya they need you
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited August 2022
    With all the bugs and glitches that keep piling up,I don't think Sims 4 is going to last much longer...it's just going to be a completely buggy,broken,glitchy,unplayable mess in many more years. A lot of S4 players will of switched to Paralives by then.The weak game engine was never meant to hold all the content that's being piled on to it-it's already in the process of breaking because of all the content being piled on it.What's going to happen when the engine finally breaks and cannot be repaired?

After 8 years of Sims 4, it's time to let it end and welcome Sims 5.Let 2022 be the last year for Sims 4.
    When the topic of Sims 5 gets brought up, there's often a lot of assumptions that we're just being impatient, weirdly obsessed with buying everything all over again, or maybe just want to end the game before someone else gets what they want, but it's none of that.

Sims 4 was built upon a cracked foundation. The Sims 3 was not the model of stability, but then that's part of the problem with Sims 4. Sure, the casual player isn't going to notice that the Sims 4 isn't what it could or should be, but in a different timeline where it launched on a better foundation, the Sims 4 would have been a much more advanced game while also being way more stable and optimized, and those same casual players would probably have a lot more of what they want by this point. The fact that it's been supported longer than any other Sims game is salt in the wound for those of us who know what it could have been. I think the team has been working hard with the hand they've been dealt, but every time a new expansion is announced after that threshold, I just see more good money thrown after bad and it's really hard to watch.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that a Sims 5 will magically fix all of the Sims 4's problems. In fact, given the climate in game design/business models right now, I'm sort of dreading what the Sims 5 might be. They're not mutually exclusive though. I can dread the Sims 5 while also being annoyed that the Sims 4 is basically the Sims 3.5 but without inheriting any of its content while extending its lifespan, because slapping more content onto it doesn't solve the root problem.

I thought the unprecedented gap after Cottage Living meant it was coming to an end, but maybe it's just winding down. I will be curious to see if another expansion is announced in the near future, or if it's going to be another full year gap.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    With all the bugs and glitches that keep piling up,I don't think Sims 4 is going to last much longer...it's just going to be a completely buggy,broken,glitchy,unplayable mess in many more years. A lot of S4 players will of switched to Paralives by then.The weak game engine was never meant to hold all the content that's being piled on to it-it's already in the process of breaking because of all the content being piled on it.What's going to happen when the engine finally breaks and cannot be repaired?

After 8 years of Sims 4, it's time to let it end and welcome Sims 5.Let 2022 be the last year for Sims 4.
    When the topic of Sims 5 gets brought up, there's often a lot of assumptions that we're just being impatient, weirdly obsessed with buying everything all over again, or maybe just want to end the game before someone else gets what they want, but it's none of that.

Sims 4 was built upon a cracked foundation. The Sims 3 was not the model of stability, but then that's part of the problem with Sims 4. Sure, the casual player isn't going to notice that the Sims 4 isn't what it could or should be, but in a different timeline where it launched on a better foundation, the Sims 4 would have been a much more advanced game while also being way more stable and optimized, and those same casual players would probably have a lot more of what they want by this point. The fact that it's been supported longer than any other Sims game is salt in the wound for those of us who know what it could have been. I think the team has been working hard with the hand they've been dealt, but every time a new expansion is announced after that threshold, I just see more good money thrown after bad and it's really hard to watch.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that a Sims 5 will magically fix all of the Sims 4's problems. In fact, given the climate in game design/business models right now, I'm sort of dreading what the Sims 5 might be. They're not mutually exclusive though. I can dread the Sims 5 while also being annoyed that the Sims 4 is basically the Sims 3.5 but without inheriting any of its content while extending its lifespan, because slapping more content onto it doesn't solve the root problem.

I thought the unprecedented gap after Cottage Living meant it was coming to an end, but maybe it's just winding down. I will be curious to see if another expansion is announced in the near future, or if it's going to be another full year gap.

I think with the new gameplay modifications and enhancements recently added, I think that the Sims 4 isn't close to done yet. They are still making substantial profits off of this old game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Newer isn't always better. I learned that the hard way back in September 2014. When my beloved original Sims 3 broke down, my daughter & I jumped with both feet right into the nothing nothing of Sims 4 at the beginning. Big mistake. :'( I recommend for those that still believe that Sims 5 will be better to just wait until it's been out for about 4 years or so, then see if it's still better than Sims 4.
    I congradulate the simmers that actually waited for 4 to 6 years before starting to get Sims 4. That was very smart of them. B)
    That being said, I do now love my Sims 4 better than my new Sims 3. I can make some unusual hybrids, play around with CAS, build whatever I want, my sims can actually travel to other worlds, I can have many, many different households in one game save, I can save my households, their rooms & lots online in the Gallery & my occults so far are way better than the ones in Sims 3.
    However, I still want my Fairies, Genies, playable babies, more family members, color wheel for everything, textures, more ceilings, spiral stairs, heartshape beds, time machines, time portals, Egyptian World, Medieval & oh, cars. ;):p
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Newer isn't always better. I learned that the hard way back in September 2014. When my beloved original Sims 3 broke down, my daughter & I jumped with both feet right into the nothing nothing of Sims 4 at the beginning. Big mistake. :'( I recommend for those that still believe that Sims 5 will be better to just wait until it's been out for about 4 years or so, then see if it's still better than Sims 4.
    I congradulate the simmers that actually waited for 4 to 6 years before starting to get Sims 4. That was very smart of them. B)
    That being said, I do now love my Sims 4 better than my new Sims 3. I can make some unusual hybrids, play around with CAS, build whatever I want, my sims can actually travel to other worlds, I can have many, many different households in one game save, I can save my households, their rooms & lots online in the Gallery & my occults so far are way better than the ones in Sims 3.
    However, I still want my Fairies, Genies, playable babies, more family members, color wheel for everything, textures, more ceilings, spiral stairs, heartshape beds, time machines, time portals, Egyptian World, Medieval & oh, cars. ;):p

A time machine would be dope..but they need to establish a way to find dead sims place of death. For the most part, unless they die in front of you or you know where the sim died or lived, you have NO WAY of finding the urn...just the ghost popping up all in your game.

Devs please fix this annoyance.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I think band/singers is very likely. On the new phone UI there is a section for entertainment (microphone icon) and it is very sparse currently. It might get filled up later though....
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It's currently 2022, I will find out that stuff pack will come back for sure, cause COVID will end forever, so...

Roadmap 1 (Feb-Mar)
    1. Carnaval Streetwear Kit
    2. My Wedding Stories
    3. Décor to the Max Kit

Roadmap 2 (May-Jun)
    1. Little Campers Kit
    2. Moonlight Chic Kit
    3. Werewolves

Roadmap 3 (Jul-Sep)
    1. High School Years
    2. Desert Luxe Kit
    3. Untitled CAS Kit

Roadmap 4 (Oct-Dec)
    1. Untitled CAS or Build/Buy Kit
    2. Music Expansion
    3. Untitled Stuff Pack

Yeah! COVID will end forever, and if The Sims team will not release any stuff packs, 2022 is gonna be worst than I totally thought. Questions?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Survey 2020
    Q2: Worlds :
    • Greek Islands
    • Brazilian Beach Town
    • Costa Rican Rainforest
    • Italian Vineyards
    • Scottish Highlands
    • South African City
    • Korean City
    • Swiss Mountain Town

EP13 could also be in one of these worlds.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I’m still wanting updated babies and more stuff for toddlers children, and elders.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    Instruments and bands spanning multiple genres and an active singing career. I'm going to keep wishing for these things until we get them. They can be done, but will they ever get done?
  • thedigiduckthedigiduck Posts: 3 New Member
    The major decision will depend on the marketing strategy of the business, and how it goes. Your expansion depends on that.
  • thedigiduckthedigiduck Posts: 3 New Member
    > @thedigiduck said:
    > The major decision will depend on the marketing strategy of the business, and how it goes. Your expansion depends on that.
  • MalalupisMalalupis Posts: 25 Member
    Survey 2020
    Q2: Worlds :
    • Greek Islands
    • Brazilian Beach Town
    • Costa Rican Rainforest
    • Italian Vineyards
    • Scottish Highlands
    • South African City
    • Korean City
    • Swiss Mountain Town

EP13 could also be in one of these worlds.

Well we got Italy with Wedding Stories and Costa Rican Rainforest is basically Selvadorada. So I don’t see us getting either of those.

Scottish Highlands feels too much like Henford while Swiss Mountains feels too much like Windenburg. How would they make Greek Islands or Brazilian beach town feel substantially different from Sulani? How would they make a Korean city feel substantially different from San Myshuno?

Personally I would love a Swiss mountain town but I’m just not sure how they’d do this and make it feel unique.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Not going to speculate all i will say is i will wait and see i think its to soon at the moment to talk about a new expansion pack the reason is 2 packs came out back to back
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I'm hoping for music/bands pack with lead singers. :)

If they are separated into two packs, it will be better. Singers and models come with a Korean map as well as Hip-hop dance. And others will be similar to TS3 showtime with magicians, acrobats and forming your band; a garage rock or an orchestra with chorus( they can also put this in the pack about the elder or primary school

I really enjoyed acrobats in the sims 3. I want them to be back
  • Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    I want a bands themed pack where you can join a band either as a singer or musician who only plays an instrument or you can become a solo artist. I also feel like there could be tournaments or band competitions where you can attend and compete to become the best band in the sims world. Another pack I want is a back to school pack with a playable elementary school, after school activities like a science fair, a talent show and a school play and a summer camp where kids can relax and have fun. An arcade and a skatepark would be cool as well. I also really want functional cars to be added into the sims 4 as well as grocery stores.
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    You know i'd love to see them remake some of sims 1s eps like...
    Livin' Large.
    Hot Date.
    House Party.

Id love to see a romance EP! :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    At this point, I'm thinking there may not even be another expansion until June-Aug 2023. Can't even think what one might be. I have three things I'd like for it to be, but they could also all fit in a game pack, potentially.

Hotels - depending on how much they want to include, this could be a GP or an EP. One style, one location and maybe 3-4 lots - GP. Several styles and locations - maybe 3 small worlds each with 3-4 lots each could be an EP

Medieval - without horses, could probably serve as a GP. With horses would more than likely be an expansion.

Hobbies - something with music, exercise, pottery, glassblowing, dancing, wood and metal working - I know some of this is lightly touched on already, but more in depth. One or two ideas could serve as GP, but there could also be EP potential to add all of these in.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Hotels - depending on how much they want to include, this could be a GP or an EP. One style, one location and maybe 3-4 lots - GP. Several styles and locations - maybe 3 small worlds each with 3-4 lots each could be an EP...

The thought of hotels terrifies me! I am already imagining the 100 and 1 ways they would mess this up. Look at how well restaurants work /sarcasm. I think hotels would use much of the same features with customers ratings and that's kind of a hot mess.

Things I would like to see included.

More hobbies. I'm bored. My sims are bored. I can only build so much. I've started building in worlds I don't even play in, I'm that bored.

I love Snowy Escape, love sending my sims there. Love skiing and snowboarding. I think I'd like another adventure pack but no idea what it could be. So horses could work, long as sims were allowed to train them to do jumps and then compete with them (not in a rabbit hole!).

I'd like to see children refreshed like teens were. They need a school and their own pack.

Oooo....pyramids, mummies, lions, tigers, safaris, monkeys (my sim needs a pet monkey)! We need Middle Eastern, African, and South American worlds. We don't have anything like these in game that sims can live in. Plus, I want all the build/buy stuff that comes with them, lol.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Hotels - depending on how much they want to include, this could be a GP or an EP. One style, one location and maybe 3-4 lots - GP. Several styles and locations - maybe 3 small worlds each with 3-4 lots each could be an EP...

The thought of hotels terrifies me! I am already imagining the 100 and 1 ways they would mess this up. Look at how well restaurants work /sarcasm. I think hotels would use much of the same features with customers ratings and that's kind of a hot mess.

Things I would like to see included.

More hobbies. I'm bored. My sims are bored. I can only build so much. I've started building in worlds I don't even play in, I'm that bored.

I love Snowy Escape, love sending my sims there. Love skiing and snowboarding. I think I'd like another adventure pack but no idea what it could be. So horses could work, long as sims were allowed to train them to do jumps and then compete with them (not in a rabbit hole!).

I'd like to see children refreshed like teens were. They need a school and their own pack.

Oooo....pyramids, mummies, lions, tigers, safaris, monkeys (my sim needs a pet monkey)! We need Middle Eastern, African, and South American worlds. We don't have anything like these in game that sims can live in. Plus, I want all the build/buy stuff that comes with them, lol.

I can understand that out look, that hotels could be a disaster as far as things going wrong. Hopefully they wouldn't though. To be hotels are the one thing left that I really really want to make in that would be either an EP/GP (there's several things I feel I need that could/should be stuff packs but will probably be kits....things for the pool for instance)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Adding horses to both Cats and Dogs and Cottage Living was planned, but was apparently cut from both as they felt that to do it best, the pack should focus on horses alone.

So, it makes me wonder if perhaps having a horse-focused EP is sometime in the near future?

But--what world? American West (Strangerville, Oasis Springs) and the English Countryside (Henford-on-Bagley) are already covered. Other big horse areas that don't have a map is Kentucky and Florida.