Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC COMMAND CENTER MESS AFTER LAST PATCH - PLEASE HELP!

Hello guys,
After the recent patch I noticed that there wad a total mess with the ages and life spans in the game.
I set a number of days for each life stage, and before the patch it worked great and normal, and suddenly I have very high numbers in the life stages instead of the numbers I set and which always appeared. (For example, I defined that the young adult stage is 95 days and suddenly with a certain sim I see that it is on 100 days out of 366 days, instead of 10 days out of 95). It should be noted that I noticed that boys, for example, do not have this problem, only from an adult and above (young adult, adults, etc.). Has this happened to anyone else and how do you fix it? Thank you so much!

Comments

• pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    The update did change the ages of teens a bit I think, but as long as you have updated MCCC, copied over your cfg file from the old MCCC folder, updated the game to the update AFTER the High School update (the fix for then stuff the High School patch broke.... Then this shouldn't be happening. I would double check your settings for age spans in MCCC and double check the age span you have selected in the game settings.
  • Shira3000Shira3000 Posts: 348 Member
    edited August 2022
    pearlbh wrote: »
    The update did change the ages of teens a bit I think, but as long as you have updated MCCC, copied over your cfg file from the old MCCC folder, updated the game to the update AFTER the High School update (the fix for then stuff the High School patch broke.... Then this shouldn't be happening. I would double check your settings for age spans in MCCC and double check the age span you have selected in the game settings.

Thanks for the reply! I checked everything, updated the mod, copies the settings file. And so, it still remains. I also checked in a computer in the game to see that the settings are as they were before, and they do, so it is really weird.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    This was posted in the MCCC support thread:
    from Deaderpool on aging

EA changed age spans last release as well as how they do the Short, Normal and Long age spans. So MCCC has to be updated to work with that. This is known. It's not something we need any save files or anything for. It's just going to be that way until the next release.

Also, MCCC has default ages for "normal" always set in the settings. Those no longer match EA's defaults at normal so when you take the mod out and put it back in, you will see different ages. Also known. Also possible to work-around by just setting the ages as the same. Also, with MCCC, we have ALWAYS recommended just not even using "Short" or "Long" age spans. We just recommend setting the Normal age spans to however many days you want.

...It sounds like you set the normal age span in MCCC but you are using "Long" in game settings for the age span, which used to be 4*normal. It also depends on where you're looking for the Sim's age. If you're using the Sim menu in MCCC and looking at the detail at the top of the dialog, that may no longer be correct. Since EA changed the way they were doing ages, I had to add some code to fix errors in that dialog, but I don't know if the ages are correct in it any longer. It wasn't something that was a critical issue that needed to be fixed in a hotfix versus a public release. If you're talking about in the in-game UI it says that's the age, then it sounds like it is showing "Long" age span and not normal, but again, with changes that happened, issues are known and expected right now until things get worked on in the next public release.