Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Pay for DLCs, or postpone new DLCs for bug fixes? No happy middle.

Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
More need not be said.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Sims 4: Pay for DLCs, or postpone new DLCs for bug fixes? No happy middle. 92 votes

I want DLCs!
11%
LeGardePourpreSulSulQueensimgirl1010alexandreafriendlysimmersSati101thelawtmanBabykittyjadeOnverserWildIrishBansheeBenjamilian 11 votes
I want bug fixes!
88%
Akl500PGoldmoldarEdoubleGoodiessuetoopSimpatsyannPeachesnDuckshaneulpj9871Beardedgeekmaggiemae8135Paigeisin5KWAHNMirichaskybird14Carminegc6164halloweenchildFaithWittenbenson2006Lecca 81 votes

Comments

• SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    If you buy a car and it doesn't run, what's the point of buying it?

I am currently sitting here, having already bought HSY (yes, I recognize my mistake), waiting for it to be playable without having my Sims that I've played with for years all suddenly grow old and die. I would have been happy to wait if they had told us there was a game-breaking bug that would kill our Sims, but since they didn't tell us (and took our money anyway), I'm not too happy.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    The bugs have gotten completely out of hand. Between that, the player railroading, and the half-baked female werewolf customization, it's almost like either a) the devs don't want to work on this game anymore or b) EA is trying to kill the franchise. Really, the amount of problems with TS4 are really starting to look like the gaming equivalent of shoving a show into The Friday Night Death Slot.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited July 2022
    I want bug fixes!
    Well not only am I out of funds currently the bugs really have gotten out of hand with the last few packs all adding their own broken contents on the ever growing list of things that should be fixed asap

theres just not gonna be working game if they keep throwing broken content at it not giving bug fixes team time to sort at least some of the bugs before they add new ones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I'm pretty sure you know where I stand, but I would rather have the crappiest graphics, elevator music, and yet excellent game play over the opposite. Dlcs are not a priority here.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2022
    I want DLCs!
    They actually do both at the same time.... No company stops producing goods to fix things. There are separate teams for that. I never understand why people want production stopped....
    Imagine if the hospital stopped seeing patients to fix the broken equipment. They instead call the fixer team (whatever they may be called) to work on it while still seeing patients.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I want bug fixes!
    They actually do both at the same time.... No company stops producing goods to fix things. There are separate teams for that. I never understand why people want production stopped....
    Imagine if the hospital stopped seeing patients to fix the broken equipment. They instead call the fixer team (whatever they may be called) to work on it while still seeing patients.

It's because some of us will stop buying until things actually get fixed... I'm not saying that to be mean, I'm already there.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2022
    I want bug fixes!
    I noticed that we got some old and new bugs with HSY and if this is going to keep happening then I think that they should focus on keeping the game in a good playable state and perhaps not make so much dlc.

But it’s easier said than done and we might not like it…

Rockstar games did this recently. They got a lot of backlash for their GTA remasters, people were being disappointed about problems with GTA online and lack of updates for Read Dead 2 online.

They recently released an update for GTA online which have a lot of updates with what the community have asked for… but they also canceled future remasters and dropped support for Read Dead 2 online so they could focus on GTA 6.

I want more bug fixes but we could end up with more kits and less larger packs as a result… so it’s difficult.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,030 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    The one and only DLC I have bought at full price was Dine out, the amount of bugs still there has shown me that it's just not worth it. I wait for bug fixes and then buy them at sales, since they won't be bug free anyway.

Now, if a pack did arrive fully formed without the bugs, then I might be willing to pay full price for it.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I want bug fixes, and I want new DLC to be released without lots of new bugs. I know in complicated software, bugs do happen, but this game breaking stuff is discouraging.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    It's not that I think they should stop producing new content until they fix more bugs. As others have pointed out, those are probably different teams. It's just that the current "aging up" while in CAS bug is the reason I am not updating to the latest patch. I simply won't be buying any more new content until that bug is fixed, because in order to do so I'd have to be on the latest patch, and I won't do that until this bug is fixed.

I also, even before this new bug, have been holding off on buying the Werewolves pack because of the double worlds bug, and the Cottage Living pack because of the multiple Agnes Crumplebottoms bug. I want those packs, but I don't feel like dealing with those bugs. So again, I'm not buying new content I want because of bugs I don't want to have to deal with. So for me, at this point, it feels like bug fixes have become more important to me than new content I can't buy (due to bugs).

It wasn't always that way for me. I ignore a lot of smaller bugs, and don't care. But these all feel like either game-breaking bugs or huge hassles to deal with. So I'm waiting.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2022
    I want DLCs!
    First only DLC and at the end only bug fixes.

It's useless to fix the game when the next DLC will break it again.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    This should have been done at the beginning of the development and not after the latest as looking at the coding from one to multiple packs for that is a lot to comb through. However, do not add more to the pot until the problems leading up to the last is taken care of. Once all is said and done maintain a proper tweaking schedule to ensure the program runs properly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I want bug fixes right now, not new content.
    I want bug fixes!
    I heard a blip about an emergency update in a week or so.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    All fixes done please. Including the babies being objects, ground plants reverting, Aliens not having the same copy to in CAS just like the Vampires, the poor Mermaid & Werewolf glitches, etc, etc...
    Then & only then a new game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I want DLCs!
    I haven't played 4 that much recently, so if they released a pack that's high on my wishlist it'd bring me back to playing so that'd be more important to me. I think rather than bug fixes replacing/postponing DLC I'd rather they replace some updates, for ex I would rather have bug fixes than curved walls, townie makeovers, phone overhauls, body hair, scenarios, etc. Don't get me wrong I'm glad they're adding those things, but I'd be fine with waiting another year for things like curved walls if it meant big issues got fixed first
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    The bugs have gotten completely out of hand. Between that, the player railroading, and the half-baked female werewolf customization, it's almost like either a) the devs don't want to work on this game anymore or b) EA is trying to kill the franchise. Really, the amount of problems with TS4 are really starting to look like the gaming equivalent of shoving a show into The Friday Night Death Slot.

If some of the youtuber reports are remotely accurate it may be both. The gist of the several seen is that working conditions are miserable, pay is low, QA is all but ignored (only 6 QA types for the latest pack), and the focus being on quick revenue for minimal investment. I know EA is a business, but if a business produces an inferior product with lousy support buyers will eventually take their $ elsewhere. When was the last time you visited a Yugo showroom? The various claims about TS$ being around for years more notwithstanding, it is increasingly obvious EA doesn't care.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I want bug fixes!

If some of the youtuber reports are remotely accurate it may be both. The gist of the several seen is that working conditions are miserable, pay is low, QA is all but ignored (only 6 QA types for the latest pack), and the focus being on quick revenue for minimal investment. I know EA is a business, but if a business produces an inferior product with lousy support buyers will eventually take their $ elsewhere. When was the last time you visited a Yugo showroom? The various claims about TS$ being around for years more notwithstanding, it is increasingly obvious EA doesn't care.

That's a good point. EA is notorious for killing both studios and franchises, usually milking the cow for all it's worth as they run it through the slaughterhouse. Combine that with the way the company treats its employees and the fact that the company has basically designated The Sims as a "girl game" (the gaming industry is notoriously half-hearted about the development and final quality of games aimed at female audiences, with many ending up as mindless shovelware titles)...and you can see how the box of figs to be given became empty around here.

My suspicion is that there will be no TS5. They'll milk TS4 for all it's worth in its current "Friday Night Death Slot of Gaming" state until they either can't add anything else to it without making it too bloated to function or a pack comes out that fails to make back more than a certain amount above its development budget. At that point, they'll cancel the whole franchise, what's left of Maxis will be dissolved just like the other studios EA has killed, and simmers will have to cross their fingers that Paralives or a similar spiritual successor will fill the void.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    edited August 2022
    I want DLCs!
    @SimsLovinLycan

You're too much pessimistic, we are talking about a $5 billion franchise (in 2019), the 4th source of income.
    EA & The Sims is like Disney & Star Wars, it's forever.

I'm sure Maxis is doing the best that they can do to keep TS4 stable until the end.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I want bug fixes!
    I doubt everything you just stated. Sorry. 5 billion dollars should be enough to fix all the bugs ten times over.
    edited August 2022
    I want DLCs!
    I doubt everything you just stated. Sorry. 5 billion dollars should be enough to fix all the bugs ten times over.

It's impossible to know everything at 100% .
    And it's worse when other people more or less tired are working on the same project.

Keep in mind they are humans, they make mistakes like everybody.

The game is different for everybody, for example I had none of these bugs in my game (Aging and Fame are off).
    If I was an EA employee I wouldn't find them.
    edited August 2022
    I want bug fixes!
    I doubt this is about specs... or is it? Still, the game is unplayable on my end. Another reason I fear they should focus less on DLCs. I would have hoped, however, they would fix the bugs before adding to the game.

I never should have updated, though. That was what officially killed it.
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    id like to be able to downgrade my game in case patches as horrid as this become a common occurrence
    I want DLCs!
    I doubt this is about specs... or is it? Still, the game is unplayable on my end.

I don't think it will be the case because my experience with TS3 was worse after only 4 years.
    TS4 is 8 years old, it doesn't crash when I try to save a game like TS3 did.