Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Probably an Unpopular Opinion but New fears system is horrid

As my title says, I find the new fears system horrific. I only get one. Its the fear a dead end job one and even when it is possible to combat the fear, it immediately comes back, even if the job your sim has is/or should be their dream job. I've got a constant stressed moodlet (or three in some cases) from a fear that reoccurs so often that the whole household is stressed, tense and sad. I wish, at the very least, wants and fears were separate so that I could keep whims/wants and get rid of a poorly thought out fears system by disabling it.
Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Comments

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thank you. I looked but I guess I didn't look hard enough for a thread :smile:
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I honestly haven't see one person say they love it yet. There's always one person, but not this time.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    As my title says, I find the new fears system horrific. I only get one. Its the fear a dead end job one and even when it is possible to combat the fear, it immediately comes back, even if the job your sim has is/or should be their dream job. I've got a constant stressed moodlet (or three in some cases) from a fear that reoccurs so often that the whole household is stressed, tense and sad. I wish, at the very least, wants and fears were separate so that I could keep whims/wants and get rid of a poorly thought out fears system by disabling it.

This very much. I haven't updated yet but after everything I read I can say I am interested in the wants system but dislike the fear system. I keep my sims often in the same job because of story telling, so I imagine they will all constantly get the dead end job fear.

I have read that there is a potion in the reward store to get rid of fears. Maybe it is possible to sell these options in a retail store? I will have to test this once I update. But buying this potion and paying for it with reward points, kind of defeats the purpose of full filling want to earn points.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited August 2022
    It does seem almost as half baked as whims were. Instead of keeping on adding new incomplete systems, they need to upgrade the the ones they have.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    It's me. I'm the one person who likes this.

-folds arms and HMPHS-
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Princesss wrote: »
    I like it but it needs tweaking. My Sim is terrified of the dark even though it's light and she's constantly fretting about getting fired when she doesn't even work lol I'm starting to think she's got an anxiety disorder ;)

Yeah, it does need tweaking.
    They don't actually conquer their fears, merely allay them.
    If it's conquered then it shouldn't come back.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Princesss wrote: »
    I like it but it needs tweaking. My Sim is terrified of the dark even though it's light and she's constantly fretting about getting fired when she doesn't even work lol I'm starting to think she's got an anxiety disorder ;)

Yeah, it does need tweaking.
    They don't actually conquer their fears, merely allay them.
    If it's conquered then it shouldn't come back.

For some of my sims, it takes a couple of different goes to get rid of a fear, which seems alright. Conquering a fear isn't a one-off thing for me.

It's the scared of the dark one that I don't like. My sims is over it, it doesn't show up on his info panel and when I got the reward potion to get rid of it I couldn't use it, but he's still getting the moodlet off and on throughout the day! I haven't kept track of if it happens when it's cloudy, so I wonder if that might be part of it. If I recall correctly, cloudy days are treated like darkness for vampires (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so maybe that has something to do with it...I don't know.

What fears have people come across?

So far, I've gotten...
    -fear of the dark
    -fear of a dead end job
    -fear of unfulfilled dreams
    -fear of a cheating partner (which was funny because it was true!)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @K_Plays you can find a list of all fears in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1001793/list-of-fears/p1
  • Allison18Allison18 Posts: 399 Member
    Ugh agreed, it just aggravates me that the bring back features from other games the community has been begging for and then just put out some half-baked feature that's repetitive and even if you like it, objectively speaking, it needs work. What is so wrong with waiting another month to put this out, or however much time they may need? I can't speak for the entire community but I'd rather wait for it to be playable and fun and get tweaks gradually rather than get an unbalanced, disruptive feature.
    ch_dadpost.gif
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I don't know... I feel like i conquer my personal fears all the time, but it's never completely gone with some of them. So, maybe just a longer time frame before it comes back? Like if they get sad, angry, or tense the fear can come back?
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame