Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun09.jpg
    June 9: Learning to Play!

As D.J. is uploading his latest gig to his SimSpace account, he shares with Jake how weird it was doing a kissing scene with another man. He tells Jake that he had to picture Paige as his co-star, rather than the actual actor. It seemed to all work out in the end. He had a lot of fun hanging out with the crew afterwards.

dj-06-113.jpg
    dj-06-114.jpg

Afterwards, Jake tells D.J. he's got another gig audition for him.

"Can you play the guitar?" Jake asks D.J.
    "I haven't picked up any type of instrument." D.J. replies.
    "Well, this next gig is a music commercial, and the part involves playing a guitar. You up for a quick lesson? The audition is tonight. I can teach you the song you'll be playing. All you have to do is learn those cords."
    "Worth a try I guess."
    "That's what I like to hear."

Jake leads D.J. into the sound room where they have been always practicing for auditions. He leaves for a few minutes and returns with two guitars in hands. He hands one over to D.J.

Jake teaches D.J. each cord and then goes over the song D.J. will need to play. He would string a few notes and allow D.J. to mimic the same notes. The two practice for a couple hours together.

dj-06-115.jpg

D.J. spends the whole afternoon practicing the song for the audition. In-between, he invites Paige over for lunch and then she stays to listen to him play up until his audition.

dj-06-116.jpg
    dj-06-117.jpg

Then it was audition time for D.J.

dj-06-118.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    July 29th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    At least the dust bunny is there for him when Adam wakes up. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Nice family daily pic of them working on a cure together. :smile:

July 30th Comments:

@Karababy52
    I ended up patching as well. Had to remove two mods for sure as it was making my game wonkie. I haven't used them for a good 6+ months now, so I can hold off on them. Not sure they'll get updated. I have the websites I got them from bookmarked. I think all my Sims in my daily pic save are normal lifespans. Haven't had any issues of Sims up and dying. :lol:

I figured the Sim in the bear costume was a random. I knew you wouldn't dress one up on purpose. :joy: I did enjoy how you added them to the little story part, though.
    Cale finally was able to make a cure! Yay! I bet C.J. is happy to be a somewhat normal teenager again for now. It was fate they became werewolves temporarily. It's like they were meant to find a cure for any past or future werewolves who don't wish to be one.

@RememberJoy
    I'm happy Adam made some new friends where he is, but sad he wasn't able to spend New Year's Eve with his family. :cry:

July 31st Comments:

@SoulGal7
    I never really listened to the Black Eyed Peas. I liked the video you posted. Would be fun if our Sims could do some of the stuff they could in The Urbz. We'll get to see a lot more of D.J. and Paige together for my July month. Can't believe I am a month and a half behind schedule. Oh, well. I am still having fun.

I like the new updates for the Challenge Sims you did. Even for D.J. They all look all grown up because of it.

@RememberJoy
    Was that vampire a cohort of Adam's father or actually him? lol ... Didn't really look like him. I don't remember exactly what he looked like. I guess I could also find out in the next daily pic chapter.

@Ellupelluellu
    Poor Oona started off the evening pretty bad. :grimace: The shower and swimming hopefully helped calm the nerves afterwards.

@Karababy52
    I have a feeling this is going to be a fancy apartment. :wink:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    August 1st: Becoming a creature of the night

KfYQ2aF.png
    I woke up with a throbbing headache and found myself in a small stone room with a single bench that I was currently using as a bed. A single makeshift looking toilet was the only other piece of furniture in the room besides the candlesticks.

uA4sLhZ.png

I sat up and rubbed my neck, feeling two scabs where I had been bitten. How long had I been out?
    Just then the door swung open and in walked my scowling captor.

52PzwI9.png

“If it isn’t Sleeping Beauty freshly awake from her beauty sleep,” he jeered. “For being the bosses son you sure were easy to take down. I can’t believe he wants you to become one of us, he’s really scraping the bottom of the barrel with you.”

I got the clear impression this guy didn’t like me.

77JTGK7.png

As I rose to my feet he stepped forward and gave me a shove. “Don’t be getting any ideas now,” he said angrily, “I’m the bosses right hand man, and I’m not going to give it up without a fight!”

zKFQI9t.png

With that he jumped me and I instinctively fought back in self preservation. I even pulled out some garlic I happened to have in my pocket and that seemed to deter him a little.

GbvZEXi.png

But not much.

In a few practiced moves he had me by my collar, easily lifting me off the ground and into the air.

V8k0pet.png

“See!” he crowed triumphantly, “You’re nothing but a weakling!”
    He dropped me to the ground and I collapsed into a pile on the floor.

2JjqbIw.png

This guy meant business.

He descended to the floor with a sickening sneer and gave me a little kick.
    “Now don’t ya forget this kid,” he laughed. “If you ever step out of line I will take you out back and give you another beating, do you understand?”
    I nodded silently as I rose up to my feet. He grinned.
    “Good,” he said, “Now that we’ve got the formalities out of the way, follow me.”

He led me up some ancient wood stairs and through a lavish looking house before ushering me into a sitting room.

up4USel.png

And there he was, casually sitting there watching me cross the room, the man who had haunted my steps for over half my life. My father.

OcpOTYu.png

My assailant stepped up to the couch and bowed, “Your son as you commanded, my liege.”

74gRfWP.png

Darius nodded and stood up, never taking his eyes off me.
    “Thank you Pearce,” he said evenly, “well done.”
    I wasn’t sure how I should greet a vampire lord, so I remained silent as he approached me.

EXaGHU9.png

“Damian,” he said with a small bow, “please sit down, we have much to discuss.”

E8EGw2V.png

I tried to hide my displeasure at the usage of my birth name as I sank down into a nearby chair.

cjvKfY3.png

“I can’t help but feel you have been avoiding me,” Darius said, casually sitting down in the chair next to me as if we were discussing nothing more than the weather. “And there’s that nasty Spellcaster business as well; fortunately they showed you their true colors before I completely lost you to them. They claim the high-ground, but as you found out, they will stab you in the back the first chance they get.”

XFkmz43.png

I swallowed and nodded, not trusting my voice quite yet. Thankfully my father seemed to enjoy the sound of his own voice, and he continued.
    “I would like to offer you a place in my home Damian,” he said, leaning forward, “as well as our gift of the night.”
    “You want me to become a vampire?” I asked, feigning surprise as best I could.

w2RXdts.png

“Of course,” Darius said, feigning dismay “you are my son after all, and I believe you will find our dark magic much more satisfying than the parlor tricks you learned back in the Magic Realm.”

He didn’t think highly of Spellcasters, did he.

I pretended to consider his offer before looking back up into his intense red eyes.
    “I have nothing to go back to,” I said, adding a quiver to my voice for good measure,” and the ones I loved rejected me for my vampire lineage. Perhaps I was always fated to become the thing I feared most, hiding has brought me nothing but pain, perhaps I should embrace it instead.”

CTiOPJt.png

“You are wise for being so young,” Darius said, motioning to a girl who I now noticed had been watching us from across the room.
    “Daniela will guide you upstairs to change out of your old clothes,” he said. “She is you’re younger sister, and has been very eager to meet you. Your ceremony will be held after sunset, until then feel free to wander around your new home and explore.”
    Daniela curtsied and beckoned for me to follow her.

GHQJ8zz.png

We ascended the stairs in silence and I took this opportunity to appreciate the size of my father’s place. It was definitely a step up in comparison to my previous living conditions.

q9x0YKT.png

We entered a room with wardrobe and as soon as the door was closed Daniela let out a little squeal of excitement.
    “Damian,” she grinned, “I’ve wanted to meet you ever since I overheard my parents discussing you! You’ve got to tell me about all of you’re adventures! You’ve already done so many things, I’m so jealous!”
    I was lost for words, apparently I had a younger sister who was also a huge fan.
    Before I could say anything, she motioned towards the wardrobe.
    “We can talk later,” she said, “I’m sure you would like to get out of those rags and into something nice first.”

IymPe6M.png

She waved and slipped out of the room and I was left alone with a wardrobe full of mostly old fashioned looking garments. Well, when in Rome…
    I picked out some clothes that fit me well, but was disappointed that there were no green options. Apparently black and red are the colors of choice in this household.

When I’d finished getting dressed, Daniela came back in and gave me some pointers in how I should trim my beard. She insisted my currently long hair suited my new look, and wouldn’t let me cut it any shorter.
    Once I was ready I examined myself in the mirror and took in the new me. Wow I looked different! I barely even recognized myself.

3tSLCeG.png

I noticed Daniela was glancing between me and the mirror, and suddenly realized I couldn’t see her in the reflection.

iDh218i.png

“Is it nice to be able to look at yourself?” she asked almost wistfully. “I’ve never seen my reflection, only my mother’s paintings of me.”

LAEELrE.png

“I guess it can be kind of handy,” I stammered out, never having really given it much thought.
    She sighed and led me out of the room and down into a kitchen.

eO75I3Z.png

“The refrigerator has been fully stocked for you,” she said. “I’ve been told you know how to cook for yourself.”
    Feeling a little hungry and thankful for a distraction, I pulled out some eggs and veggies and began to prepare a breakfast scramble.

zjCcb7U.png

Daniela once again watched me closely, and I got the feeling she had never seen someone cook before, so I made a good show of it.

khOHY39.png

When I was done, I grabbed a plate and sat down in the fancy dining room. Daniela sat down next to me and began to ply me with questions about my life as well as mundane human things.

QX2WQV2.png

I tried my best to humor her, but I was nervous about the ceremony later and I found it hard to concentrate.

MUPKo4q.png

Daniela must have noticed, because after I was finished eating she offered to take me up to my room.
    Grateful, I followed her upstairs again before excusing myself to take a nice long hot bath.

3RGTvJ6.png

When I got out I found myself alone for the first time since my arrival, so I lit a fire in the fireplace and sat down to contemplate what came next.

T2tZ8ry.png

As I watched the flames, I suddenly realized how mentally exhausted I was, so I slipped off my clothes and climbed into bed.

WRutgGE.png

I was awoken by a knock on my door, and judging by the darkened windows, it was time.

I dressed up formally and followed Daniel downstairs to a small room where everyone else was waiting.

3xAP7G8.png

Darius stepped into the middle of the room and I joined him.
    “Damian,” he began somberly, “in order for you to become one of us, you must first pledge your allegiance to me and me alone, will you do so willingly?”
    “I will,” I said as boldly as I could despite my trembling knees.
    “Then it will now be my pleasure to draw out from you your humanity, so that your true power may emerge from it’s ashes.”
    Pulling me quickly into a trance, Darius leaned forward and bit down into my neck, drinking deeply.

BfFSOS9.png

Once more I could feel my consciousness dimming, but this time I was released before I could pass out.

WQgsgMm.png

Sinking his fangs into his own wrist, Darius held it out to me.

Q561xyL.png

“Drink my son,” he commanded. “Claim your birthright and become one of us.
    I took hold of the offered wrist, closed my eyes, and drank.

R1XL87U.png

At first I gagged, but the more I drank the better it began to taste. Each mouthful filled me with a greater and more fierce hunger until finally Darius had to shove me backwards to get me to stop.

KDUnxIN.png

“Well done,” he panted. “You are now filled with my essence and will turn in a few days time. Until then you will be very weak and must remain indoors at all times, for even the moonlight will feel painful to you during your transition.”

EBzEYGS.png

I was overcome by a great sleepiness, and with Daniela's help, I staggered up to my room and collapsed into bed.
    “Sleep,” she said gently, turning off the lights, “sleep and dream of the darkness.”

I closed my eyes and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Lqh5Scy.png

Adam's New Look
    UKxFf2y.png
    Everyday, Formal, Fitness, Party, Swimming
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    @Karababy52 and @LegacySims2017 , thank you for your comments :) Loving your updates! D.J. looks very good with guitar, btw :) and Karen, I am sure the apartment will be great, I still am jealous for the penthouse you made for Essa and Josh, it was wonderful!
    @SoulGal7 and @RememberJoy , loving your updates too!

I am sorry about lack of comments, I try to post and play fast now, to catch up a little :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Oona Medicci, day 6

Yx6XUmJ.png

UuapTJP.png
    i6uN8pm.png
    us9EwtQ.png
    7qLiuPj.png
    FwXy3fq.png
    Eun8GDz.png

gwYfv6d.png
    it was getting late... Sean has hobbies i knew nothing about...

YCYznZE.png
    finally these guys!!!

p68CFat.png
    only 9pm, life here still.
    3UdQSFm.png
    9vIE336.png
    Yeah, not easy... sorry girl, all for aspirations..
    I have no pic, but when she was at snow fest, she bought that outfit, so that part got as done .

6lsE13r.png
    eXGtQxV.png
    CokaBpq.png
    BGSf8yw.png
    lV5osSC.png

and the other aspiration, Mt. Komorebi SightSeer , done.

Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I miss this challenge a lot. I thought I'd pop in to say hi. I honestly have no idea if I could reasonably jump back in or anything, but I have been lurking on the forums more again lately and considering trying to get back into playing again. I hope you all are doing well :)
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun10.jpg
    June 10: Bachelor Party!

Special Appearances By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy ), Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Aaron Winterson & Hunter Mulligan ( @afai1261 ), Aldo Holloway ( @Llandros2012 ), Bryon Ellison ( @Skeilah ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 )
    dj-06-119.jpg
    dj-06-120.jpg
    dj-06-121.jpg
    dj-06-122.jpg
    dj-06-123.jpg
    dj-06-124.jpg
    dj-06-125.jpg
    dj-06-126.jpg
    dj-06-127.jpg
    dj-06-128.jpg
    dj-06-129.jpg
    dj-06-130.jpg
    dj-06-131.jpg

Side Note:
    I found a really nice-looking Nightclub on the Gallery and replaced the one in Del Sol Valley. I renovated it a bit as well to add my own touches to it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    August - Day 1: "122 Hakim House Build Continues..."

ecZTns1.png

Notes

Here's what I have so far for Cale & Sandy's apartment in the Arts Quarter. I've literally been building/decorating all day. o.O Perils of being a perfectionist and struggling to find wood tones that match. :D Helped Hubby quite a bit in the garage again and our Son stopped by with a friend for a visit as well. Busy day! Anyway, I'll be back to comment/reply and perhaps update with more screenshots. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2022
    June 11 - Moonwood Collective

moonwood-collective.png
    Dylan arrived back at the house in not much of a better mood than when he had left. His mother was happy to see him and said that she had been waiting for him so that they could head over to the Moonwood Collective area together.

coming-home.png

Dylan's stomach grumbled at that exact moment, and his mother just looked at him.

Chiara: "Are you hungry?"

Oh geez! Dylan didn't want his mother to get any ideas about the hunger pangs and his impending transformation. So, he decided to tell her where he went.

stomach-grumble-look.png

Dylan: "Yeah, actually, I was doing some weight lifting and I guess I worked up an appetite."

Chiara: "Oh? Did you go to the Moonwood Mill Library? They have a nice workout area there..."

so-we-can-go-and-visit-kris.png

Dylan: "So I heard. But I actually visited the WildFangs Hangout. I thought it was an open area for the residents to use and didn't realize that Rory Oaklow lived there..."

rory-rev.png

Chiara looked at him surprised, "You met Rory?"

you-met-rory.png

Dylan: "Yeah...we actually had a good chat. She's into fitness and that's what started our conversation since I was using the weight machine..." he said as he went to the fridge and helped himself to some leftovers.

shes-actually-pretty-cool.png

Chiara: "Yes, that's one of the things she values in her packmates. Fitness. Rory was actually responsible for creating that gym at the Moonwood Mill Library. She crafted most of the gym equipment herself. Did she tell you that she is Kristopher Volkov's adoptive daughter?"

Dylan nodded his head, "Yeah, she told me a few things..." Dylan then related his conversation with Rory to Chiara.

looking-at-dylan-with-concern.png

Chiara looked surprised, "Rory normally doesn't tell someone she just met anything personal. You really seem to have bonded. That's not an easy thing to do, Dylan."

Dylan smiled, "I think she's just gone through some things that I could relate to..." he said clearing his plate, "Anyway, I feel better now so we can head out if you want..."

Chiara went over to Dylan then and hugged him lovingly, "Dylan, I'm glad you're here son, even if it's not under the best of circumstances. Just know that I'll help you get through this..."

mom-i-will-just-try-to-go-on.png

Dylan hugged her back, "I know, Mom...but sometimes I just have to deal with stuff in my own way..."

really-sad-look-chiara.png

They parted and Dylan saw his mother brush a tear away, "And I know Mom that your life hasn't been easy either, but you kept going. And that's what I'm going to try to do, Mom...just keep going...it's really all I can do for now..."

Chiara smiled at him and they headed out the door together.

ill-be-ok-mom-i-just-have-to-deal-with-things-in-my-own-way.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As Dylan and his mother walked towards the Moonwood Collective area, she pointed out various buildings along the way, including the Grimtooth Bar and Bunker...

the-bar-area-on-walk.png

...the Moonwood Mill Library...

the-library-in-the-background.png

...a small house called the New Moon Shack where various werewolves lived....

passing-a-house.png

...and the Volkov residence where Kristopher lived...

the-volkov-house.png

Dylan also noted a playground nearby, "Are there some children who live here?"

are-there-children-here.png

Chiara shook her head: "Not for a long time, Dylan. The youngest residents are teens. Sims really don't want to move to an abandoned lumber town. And for those who are here, they haven't found their "fated mate" as yet.

Dylan looked at his mother: "A fated mate? What is that?"

fated-mate-discussion.png

Chiara: "Well, there are some books at the library that you can read about werewolves, but the notion is that a werewolf will only take one mate to be with in their lifetime. They are essentially soulmates, each other's one true love destined by the moon."

Dylan: "Destined by the moon? Wow! Mom...I think that Morgan is my fated mate then."

Chiara laughed, "Well, that could be...if you and she were werewolves. But I understand what you are saying. Even though your father was a human sim, we were destined to be together. It was karma. We weren't technically "fated mates" because he was not a werewolf, but, yes...he was my true love.

i-think-morgan-is-my-fated-mate.png

But, you are right in saying that the moon did play a role in you and Morgan getting together."

Dylan: "Yes, it did. If it wasn't for Morgan, I would still be cursed....er...um...in the other curse..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

They arrived at the Moonwood Collective area, and it was quite different from the WildFangs Hangout. There was a tall evergreen tree with a hole in the trunk which was decorated with stars and moons hanging from the branches. There was a picnic table, a grill and some garden planters nearby. Various plants were growing in the planters.

kristopher-hanging-out.png

An adult sim with long hair, wearing a mid-length overcoat, approached them. Dylan surmised that this must be Kristopher Volkov. Although Kristopher seemed rather laid-back, he had an air of authority about him.

Chiara: "Kristopher, this is my son, Dylan."

MEETING-CHRISTOPHER-DYLAN.png

Kristopher looked Dylan over and then extended his hand, "I have heard much about you, Dylan, and am glad to see that you are recovering nicely from when we found you. Welcome to the Moonwood Collective hangout."

Dylan looked at his mother and then at Kristopher with a puzzled look.

Chiara: "Kristopher was at the house for our weekly gardening club meeting, and was just leaving when we found you outside. He helped carry you to the bedroom. I couldn't have done it without his help."

dylan-chatting-with-mo-and-kristopher.png

Dylan: "Um...yeah...thanks...I guess I wasn't in the best shape last night..."

Kristopher looked at Chiara, "Your mother was rather overcome with emotion when she discovered it was you. And from speaking with her this morning, I do agree with her that you have come here for a reason...even though it was unplanned. I am sure you have many questions."

Dylan began, "Yes, I do. I am sure my mother has told you that I have some type of dormant wolf gene. I met your adoptive daughter, Rory this morning, and she's never heard of it. Are you able to tell me anything about it?"

so-what-about-this-gene.png

Kristopher raised an eyebrow: "You spoke with my daughter, Rory?"

Dylan: "Yes, she seemed rather nice..."

i-really-like-gardening-too.png

Kristopher: "Unfortunately, Rory and I haven't spoken since she left home. We have rather differing viewpoints on how a werewolf should behave in society.

Our group, the Moonwood Collective, values cooperation among our pack members, and to be friendly and diplomatic to others in the simworld. We do not like conflict and help each other to control the fury that is within each of use. We have found that gardening is one way to help ease this tension, and welcome others in the community to tend our community garden. Self-sustainability was a vision my mother had when she established the Moonwood Collective, and I strive to carry on this tradition. Your mother is very knowledgeable about gardening and has many books on the subject. When she returned to Moonwood Mill, she formed a Gardening Club, and instructed us on propagating, composting and all manners of gardening. She is truly an inspiration to us all..."
    he said smiling at Chiara.

chiara-has-a-garden-club.png

Dylan: "Well Mom, I must have gotten my love of gardening from you then. Everywhere I've lived, I've just wanted to plant a small garden. It just didn't seem like home without one..."

Chiara: "Oh Dylan...I didn't know that...I'm so happy that is something that you enjoy as well..."

MOONWOOD-COLLECTIVE-FRIEND-OF-THE-PACK.png

Kristopher: "Dylan, since you also enjoy gardening, you are more than welcome to come here anytime, and tend the community garden. You can also just hang-out here and chat with us, and there is always someone making some food on the grill."

Dylan nodded: "Thanks, it's a really nice space where you meet. I might take you up on your offer..."

MOONWOOD-COLLECGTIVE-FRIEND.png

At that moment, another sim walked up to them. Kristopher introduced him as Wolfgang Wilder, the Moonwood Mill librarian. Wolfgang welcomed Dylan and then asked if he might have a word with Kristopher.

kris-he-needs-your-help-tonight.png

Kristopher: "Dylan...why don't you go over and have a look at our community garden. I just have to attend to some matters with Wolfgang and then I will be free to chat..."

this-is-dylan-my-son.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan nodded his head and walked over to the garden. Dylan looked at the plants and identified most of them, but there was one unusual one he didn't recognize.

dylan-attending-the-garden.png

A teen saw him studying the plant and came over towards him, "That plant is wolfsbane. It grows all around this area. Apparently it has special properties, but none of us have unlocked it's secrets as yet. To me, it's just a pretty blue flower..."

Dylan turned to look at the teen, "Thanks. I've never seen it before..."

meeting-jacob.png

Jacob extended his hand, "Sul Sul! My name's Jacob. I'm Kristopher Volkov's adoptive son and a member of the Moonwood Collective. Are you new around here?"

Dylan nodded: "Yes, I am. My name's Dylan. I'm Chiara Healy's son."

Jacob: "So you're Dylan! Wow! You're the one everyone's been talking about. The one with the dormant wolf gene..."

your-dylan-geez-your-the-one.png

Dylan frowned, "Yeah...I didn't know I was the talk of the town..."

Jacob: "Well, it's a small town...and we all kind of know when someone new arrives. Plus, you made quite an impression on my sister, Rory. She told me about you when I saw her..."

Dylan: "Oh, right, Rory is your sister. Yeah, she's pretty cool, too. So, Jacob...do you know anything about this dormant wolf gene? I mean does it really mean I am going to turn into a werewolf at the full moon?"

rory-told-me-about-you.png

Jacob: "I don't really know. My father's been doing research all morning ever since your mother came over to talk to him about it. You're kind of unique dude..."

Dylan shook his head and thought of the Strangerville cure and touched his necklace, "Yeah, so I've been told..."

cautious-look-at-jacob.png

Jacob: "Hey listen...if you're not busy...a bunch of us are going to the Grimtooth Bar tonight. Might be a great place to meet everyone...and there's dancing and stuff...it's usually a fun time.,,"

maybe-you-can-join-me-later-at-the-bar.png

Dylan: "Yeah, okay, I'll think about it..."

Jacob: "Cool...catch you later then..." he said giving Dylan a high five.

hi-five-with-jacob.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan walked over to where Kristopher and his mother were, and commented on the garden area and meeting Jacob.

ASKING-KRIS-A-QUESTION.png

Dylan: "So, Jacob told me that you've been researching this dormant wolf gene that I have..."

Kristopher: "Yes, that's true. I have many ancient tomes in my possession, passed down from my mother, and I did find some mention of a dormant wolf gene..."

Dylan: "And? So, what does it mean?"

Kristopher: "Well, apparently, Dylan, you could have this dormant wolf gene for years and never become a werewolf. However, from my reading, if you swim in Lunvik Lake on the day of a full moon, the transformation will take place..."

so-i-might-not-turn-into-a-werewolf.png

Dylan: "So by swimming in this lake I would transform?"

Kristopher: "Apparently, yes."

talking-about-the-moonwod-collective.png

Dylan: "So what if I don't swim in the lake on the day of a full moon? What happens then?"

CHAT-WITH-KRISTOPHER.png

Kristopher: "Little by little you will be affected and may eventually transform during a full moon. If you don't swim in the lake, something else may trigger the transformation such as getting too angry, getting hurt, or protecting something or someone."

Dylan: "So, it may not happen then...I might not transform..."

Kristopher: "Yes, there is a possibility that you may not transform, but it could also happen at any time. And, you may not wish to hear this, but there is more..."

Dylan looked at him, "Oh geez...more? What else could possibly happen?"

i-must-tell-you-that-this-may-happen-dylan.png

Kristopher: "This dormant trait that you have, it means that it will be passed onto any children you may have. So, even though you may not transform into a werewolf, your children will become werewolves when they become teens."

my-what-will-be-passed-on.png

Dylan: "What? My kids will be werewolves? So...this will be passed onto them as well? How can I stop this? I really don't want this to happen to me or any future kids I...er...might have..."

Kristopher: "There is only one way to prevent this from happening Dylan, and that is for you to get cured. But, alas, there is no cure..."

kris-telling-dylan-the-bad-news.png

Dylan: "Geez! I don't know how Morgan is going to take this..."

who-is-morgan.png

Kristopher: "Morgan?"

my-love-my-life-my-kids-its-just-too-much.png

Dylan: "Yes, Morgan...she's my...um...true love...I mean she will be when I find her...and we haven't even...oh geez....I just kissed her...ONCE!...how the heck am I going to tell her that if we're...um..."together" and she gets pregnant that she might have puppies with me? WEREWOLF PUPS! Oh that is going to go over really well. She won't stay with me then...heck I don't want to stay with me. My life is frikin' RUINED...and that of my kids...and I'm going to lose Morgan..."

DYLAN-ANGRY-I-DONT-BELIEVE-THIS.png

Chiara: "Dylan...please...calm down. From what you told me about Morgan...she will understand. If she is indeed your true love, she will not leave you. Your father understood...I told him I was a werewolf when we started to get serious. He didn't care, Dylan...he still loved me for who I was. He didn't care if I was a human sim or a werewolf...he just loved me for being me..."

but-that-the-thing-mom-she-doesnt-know-im-a-werewolf.png

Dylan was getting angry: "But that's the thing, Mom, Morgan doesn't even know I'm a werewolf or could be a werewolf. She just thinks I'm this normal sim...okay well maybe not normal since I'm being chased by the mob. But, I really don't know how she would take this...I don't even know how to tell her. If I can't deal with it...how is she going to deal with it?" he said heatedly, "Look, thanks for the info Kristopher, but I need to go...I'm sorry...I'll see you later..."

dylan-we-can-help-you.png

Chiara: "Dylan...we can help you...we'll be there for you...Dylan..."

chiara-dylan-must-deal-with-this-in-his-own-way.png

Dylan felt so upset with all the information that he'd been told, that he couldn't face her. Couldn't face anyone. So he just turned and started walking away.

dylan-upset-by-the-news.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    August 1st Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Adam's gonna be a true vampire. Here's hoping his human side of him stays in control, though. I like his new look.

@Ellupelluellu
    Thank you. :smile: I enjoy watching D.J. play the guitar now. I might keep him using one down the road. Allow him to max out his guitar skills.
    Congrats to Oona completing an Aspiration. Poor Sean in the hot springs. I think he wanted to chat with the fella next to him, but the dude just wanted to read. :lol:

@permanentrose
    Can always bring Robin back next go around. I'm moving the Sulani month up to my July as I want D.J. to hit the beach while he is still a young adult. Since that is where Robin in living in my Challenge Sims multiverse, she'll be seen a lot for that month.

@Karababy52
    Oh, I love how you are keeping with the color theme throughout all the months. I like the apartment. Looks cozy. Enjoying that garden he has, too. I think Cale really enjoys being a botanist.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    August 2nd: Transforming pains

Today's Accomplishments:
    Master Vampire
    - Research vampires on computer
    - Read Encyclopedia Vampirica vol. 1

Fch4Tqw.png
    I was awoken early in the morning by a sharp pain within my gut.

6Fj0QxW.png

It was cold clenching feeling that radiated out from my abdomen like a creeping frost.

I got dressed and headed downstairs knowing I was unlikely to get any more sleep that night.
    Hearing organ music being played in the sitting room, I went to investigate and found Daniela fully emerged in her music. She was actually pretty good.

PbmL7EL.png

She finally noticed me watching and flashed a smile.
    "Brother!" she beamed, "you were able to sneak up on me! Your transformation must be well under way!"

dFOuGfu.png

I wasn't sure what to say to such a compliment, so I just smiled and nodded agreeably.
    "Well," she continued, "Father has placed your tutelage in my hands as he and Mother will be gone until later today."
    She got up, grabbed my hand, and led me through the house to a room I hadn't been in before. It looked like a study with a desk and an odd looking computer.

gtWUr1G.png

"This is where Father keeps track of everything he's learned," she said gesturing towards the bookcases and desk. "He's given me permission to access certain files so that you may better understand your heritage."
    She pulled up some files on the computer and sat me down to read them. I scanned the documents and found them to be a record on the history of vampires.

73xMGXm.png

Apparently another vampire by the name of Vladislaus Straud had founded the town of Forgotten Hollow that I'd glimpsed out the window a couple of times. He'd been the most powerful vampire around until my Father had defeated him and taken his home. It didn't mention he'd gotten the means of his victory from my mother, but I guess that would take away from the mystique.

Daniela came around and placed a leather bound book on the desk.

JGZSEtj.png

"This is the first volume of the Encyclopedia Vampirica," she said, "it will give you a better understanding of our strengths and weaknesses."
    I thanked her and tucked the book away for later.
    After I was done reading up on vampiric history, Daniela said she wanted to show me around the mansion some more, so she led me around on an official tour. Our first stop was her mother's greenhouse where she grew flowers for flower arranging.

4Tf6Bl2.png

"Any chance your mom would let me make a flower arrangement once in awhile?" I asked a bit cheekily, "It's kind of something I've picked up an interest in over the years."

k7leN3D.png

"I guess we could ask her when she gets back later," Daniela said unenthusiastically, "she likes to lord her skills over her underlings though, so she'll probably demand to be present if you do."

RIEhi7T.png

I got a sense there were some bitter feeling between the two.

Next we headed upstairs to a gym that had been set up in one of the spare bedrooms.
    The Pearce creep was up there using the punching bag, but he ignored us for the most part.

3vbbFdL.png

I figured I could probably use a workout, it having been an age since I'd done so, so I sat down at the weight-lifting machine and started to pump.

dD5IyBm.png

Daniela watched me for a minute before climbing on the treadmill, but it appeared she hadn't used it much before because she seemed to be struggling. I got up and gave her a few pointers and she seemed to perk up a bit before she tripped and landed on her face.

P8dOjFQ.png
    By9igQp.png

That had to hurt.

I was beginning to feel hungry (although food no longer seemed overly appealing), so I suggested we call it a day and have lunch.
    I pulled out some leftover breakfast scramble and gulped it down with little pleasure. Well at least I was full now.

MwxTYfb.png

We retired to the sitting room and I told Daniela more about my adventures, focusing on my time in the Selvadoradian rain forest. She listened with a wistful far away look, and I began to wonder if she'd ever been outside of Forgotten Hallow.

N1n6i0u.png

The overwhelming cold was beginning to get worse, so I excused myself and went upstairs for a little alone time. I pulled out the book Daniela had given me and began to read. It was very interesting and I learned that if a vampire could not get plasma from a sim, frogs and fish could also be used for a slightly less satisfying thirst quencher. Might come in handy later.

pkIn0wy.png

I finished the book fairly quickly and set it down just as I heard a knock on my door. It was Daniela again, saying that her parents had returned and her mother wanted me to join in with their painting lesson.
    We entered a room with two easels and a chess table and Daniela's mother, who I later learned was named Camille, asked me if I knew anything about painting.

Q1PxKAJ.png

I admitted I had dabbled in it when I was younger, but had only done a few paintings recently.
    With a fairly haughty smile she told me to paint something so she might assess my ability.
    I looked around but there wasn't much inspiration in the small room, so I decided to paint a portrait of Daniela.
    As I got started, Camille instructed Daniela to paint a horse, and we began.

AjKYizJ.png

Since I could only see Daniela's profile, I stuck with that, and soon got lost in my work.

Daniela finished before me, but her horse looked more like a llama, and her mother was obviously displeased.

gmVcBhV.png

She sighed and came over to see how my painting was coming, and I swear I heard her give a little gasp. Apparently I surprised her.
    Daniela examined my painting and giggled in delight, "It's me!" she squealed, "I look amazing!"

qVcAAeJ.png

Camille gave me a hard look, "You downplayed your skill," she said evenly, "I'll have to give you more challenging assignments in our next class. You're dismissed."

Daniela led me out of the room and back into the sitting room.
    "I love how you surprised my Mother back their!" she whispered excitedly. "That was so satisfying!"
    She pulled me over to the organ and sat down on the bench.

s3Z1BJ7.png

"Are you also an expert organ player as well," she asked playfully, "or do you need some pointers?"
    I admitted I had never touched an organ in my life, so she showed me how to do a few cords and soon I was playing a couple simple songs.

As the sun began to set, Daniela excused herself saying it was time for their evening hunt, and she had to leave me alone for a few hours.

rvNzwAd.png

I watched all four vampires leaving and knew that I'd probably be joining them in their hunt soon.

qYRmqOV.png

I shuddered.

How was I going to pull this off convincingly?

I returned to the kitchen to grab a bite to eat before bed, but this time the food tasted awful, even worse than the dumpster meals I'd had back in Evergreen Harbor.

sgRlrUB.png

As soon as I'd finished I felt my innards rumble in compliant and the chill became even worse.

vrvruCF.png

I climbed upstairs, got undressed, and fell into bed feeling absolutely awful.

18Rehws.png

I bet tomorrow will be even more fun.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    August - Day 2: "Boys' Factory Renovation and...CRASH!"

PnRW3GI.png

Notes

I had a lot more I wanted to show, more screenshots anyway, but this is all I have. After I gave everyone makeovers and moved the boys out, I did some renovations of the factory for them. Just a living area, nothing special really and I didn't even get to finish it. After I took today's daily post pic, my game froze! I couldn't do anything except shut the computer down. o.O

When I got back in the game, everyone was at the apartment again, not aged up and the factory renovation was gone. I don't know why I still have the screenshots though, thank God! I'll use them to do it over. But anyway, I'll do comments next. I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night, better than mine anyway. *cries*
    Qg3Fffm.png
    l8xb0vY.png
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Ah, good idea DJ had to picture Paige for the kissing scene. Very sweet of Jake to teach DJ how to play guitar for his gig. Love the pic of DJ playing guitar for Paige. And of course he passed his audition. :)

I haven't patched yet with the fix that came out today. I wonder if that's why my game crashed? I was playing offline though so it shouldn't have affected it in any way. I have a feeling it's that factory that did it. It's three floors, actually a fourth small one. Not much in it now though, I got rid of a lot for the renovation, but I did add a lot back into it. I hope I can remember what I did that's not showing in the screenshots I took. o.O

The apartment is finished and it is pretty nice. I love the garden! They have a grand piano now too. I plan to have Cale learn how to play and maybe do the Musical aspiration after he's finished with the CL aspiration.

Oh man, what a great idea having everyone dress similar with the Best Man and DJ in different colors, but the same outfit. LOVE it! <3 They all look so good! Looks like everyone had a fantastic time and that club you downloaded looks very cool.

Thanks about the color theme. I can't help it, I just love teal/green. I didn't do it on purpose, it just seems to always go that way once I start building. hehe Ah well, I guess there's something to be said for consistency eh? :) Yes, Cale absolutely loves being a Botanist and gardening. He's loved it since he was little. I think it helps him to keep his Mother's memory alive too. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks and you're very welcome! I LOVE that penthouse I built for Essa and Josh. Funny thing, Cale lives in the building right next door and can see the penthouse from the row of windows by the garden. Josee (Essa & Josh's daughter), Seth (Damon & Molly's son) and their son, Evan Masters live there now. No worries about comments! *Hugs*

Wow, loving Oona's garden! Cool how you discovered Sean taking a yoga class hehe. Aww, Sean looks so sad sitting next to Joel in the Onsen and I see Oona is getting along great with Jon. :) Congrats on finishing the aspiration! Yay! \o/

@permanentrose

Hey there, nice to see you again. I miss you too! Would be great if you did jump back in, we'd welcome you with open arms. Anyway, glad to see you have time to visit and read at least. :)

@SoulGal7
    Chiara doesn't look too pleased that Dylan met Rory and got along with her so quickly. Nice that his Mom gave him a tour of the town as they walked to the Moonwood Collective hangout. I LOVE that pic of Kris leaning against the tree. He is so adorable! <3 Great convo they had about fated mates. I wonder if Dylan will still be a werewolf when he and Morgan get together again, and if so, I wonder how she'll feel about it all.

Aha! I thought that was Kristopher's feet in that one screenshot. hehe And of course he mentions how he loves gardening, which I'm sure gave him positive points with Kristopher. Cool, looks like Dylan and Jacob will be good friends. I'm glad! I'm also glad that the lore suggests he is still good friends with his sister and a friend of the Wildfangs. Would be sad if they hadn't talked since she moved out too.

Love how you're running with the dormant trait being a very rare thing. It does make Dylan special, in two ways now really. Nice of Jacob to invite him to the bar. Wonder if he'll go. It might be quite the eyeopener if he does. Occults love to hangout there and Werewolves in their beast form.

Oh boy, Dylan's losing it now. I can't say as I blame him after getting that kind of news about his future children. On a side note, that sunset if freakin' gorgeous! Poor Dylan, his life certainly is a roller coaster ride, one that he wishes he could get off and never go on again. :|
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun11.jpg
    June 11: Making Moosic!

Part 1 (day)
    Gig 4
    Commercial: Making Moosic
    Starring: Dash Joseph Faireborn
    The latest collection of country jams put together by City Slickers Recording is here to stampede through your eardrums. You will be whistling these toons each night as you ride off into the sunset.

dj-06-132.jpg
    dj-06-133.jpg
    dj-06-134.jpg
    dj-06-135.jpg
    dj-06-136.jpg
    dj-06-137.jpg
    dj-06-139.jpg
    dj-06-140.jpg
    dj-06-141.jpg
    dj-06-142.jpg
    dj-06-143.jpg
    dj-06-144.jpg
    dj-06-145.jpg
    dj-06-146.jpg
    dj-06-147.jpg
    dj-06-148.jpg
    dj-06-149.jpg

Part 2 (evening)
    Starlight Accolades

dj-06-150.jpg
    dj-06-151.jpg
    dj-06-152.jpg
    dj-06-153.jpg
    dj-06-154.jpg

dj-06-155.jpg
    dj-06-156.jpg

dj-06-157.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    August 2nd Comments:

@SoulGal7
    Dylan's time there can't get any better. Now he finds out that his children will be werewolves if he doesn't find a cure, which presumably doesn't exist. To swim or not to swim, that is the question! :grimace:

@RememberJoy
    Poor Adam and his stomach. Pretty soon regular food won't be what he wants anymore when he becomes a fully vampire. I have a gut feeling he'll go for plasma packs rather than necks...hopefully.

@Karababy52
    Screenshots will always remain even if your game isn't saved further down the road...like a game crash or you decide to not save for other reasons. That's what I did with the bachelor party, actually. Because I used MCCC to have 10 in the household, I didn't save. It could have totally messed up the gameplay. So I played out the bachelor party and took screenshots. Then closed the game and opened my previous save. Using MCCC again, I time jumped the amount I used for the party. Then saved again.

Definitely a spacious factory. I'm sure Joe and C.J. will have fun living together away from their parents, even though they will probably get homesick and want to visit mom and dad from time to time. :lol:
    I like the images of D.J. and his guitar. I think I'm going to have him continue to have one and use it in later daily pic chapters down the road. I looked up about bachelor parties online. A lot had "themed" clothing which gave me the idea of all matching clothes, but the groom-to-be and best man have different colors.

Crossing fingers you can remember how you renovated the factory. Bummer about the freezing. I'm guessing it was also a different reason other than the oopsy game error the game is going through without the emergency patch. I patched my game with it already. Still not adding the other mods back, tho. MCCC continues to be updated, which is awesome.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @RememberJoy ,
    I love his vampire look!! and the whole story regarding his family. as i said i was away for long and missed a lot.

@SoulGal7 ,
    hmmm, Morgan is sweet, but tough girl, she will understand!!!

@Karababy52 ,
    oh im so sorry for the crash! :( There is one mod very borked atm, causing problems, i messaged you on google about it earlier.

yes, your screenshots stay as those are saved in your hard drive :) Like when we have to stage something for stories , but often we dont save after screenies,game is gone, but we still have the pics :p
    Place looked great!!!

@LegacySims2017
    ,, Hey, great job for winning!!! :D (its the guitar, i'll say)

@permanentrose ,
    yay! yes, hop back <3<3

• Options
    August 3rd: Taken by the darkness

Today's Accomplishments:
    Master Vampire
    - Become a vampire
    - Reach Lore level 4
    - Participate in vampire training
    - Become a minor vampire

TE9YF8E.png
    I woke up a little after midnight shivering and unable to warm up. Desperate for some warmth, I snuck over to the gym and began pummeling the punching bag, imagining it was Pearce for good measure.

ZHp6h4J.png

Yeah, that felt good.

After giving the punching bag a good wailing, I switched over to the sparring machine to practice my fighting moves.

WUqT4gM.png

Next time Pearce wanted to go at it, I'd be ready.

Feeling a little warmer, I headed down to the basement where I'd noticed a swimming pool.

VICfx7y.png

I put on my trunks and eased my way into the warm water where I floated on my back enjoying the feeling of weightlessness for a couple hours.

XrX7H6e.png

On my way back upstairs, I stopped by the greenhouse to enjoy the plants and noticed they looked a little thirsty. Camilla wouldn't mind me watering her plants, would she?

I found a watering can and got to work.

gpijPw1.png

I was just spraying one of the plants for bugs when Camilla whooshed into the room.

JRnEv1L.png

She turned and glared at me and I suddenly had the inner knowing that Camilla would care if I watered her plants, whoops.

I put down the spray bottle and approached her sheepishly.
    "I'm sorry," I said apologetically, "but the plants looked like they wanted a drink and I wanted to help out."
    Camilla gave me a chilling look that easily conveyed that she too would like a drink right then, but she forced a small smile instead and politely asked that I not touch her garden again without permission.

Rl2QRPT.png

I nodded and she turned to her plants and began to harvest the flowers.

lAWyrGs.png

My racing heart seemed to have escalated my inner chill, and with a sudden jolt, I felt it finally accomplish it's dark purpose.

With a gasp I collapsed onto me knees, the world quickly fading into darkness as my human body began to die.

W2eZ7eQ.png

As my head hit the floor I could feel a dark energy filling my being, and with a sick realization I knew that when I awoke I would no longer be human.

bWzLoDx.png

When I next opened my eyes I could immediately tell that I was now a completely different being.
    All of my senses seemed almost painfully sharp, and I could feel Darius, Camille, and Daniela surrounding me even before I'd opened my eyes; they all radiated a similar dark energy that seemed almost palpable.

XCSkqWv.png

I let out a groan and sat up, feeling a deep hunger for something other than food and a sudden intense dislike for the light filtering in through the windows.
    I turned to the others and found my father watching me with a smug look on his face, but Daniela immediately ran up and gave me a hug and even Camilla smiled encouragingly for once.

y0Y0CQ0.png

"Congratulations son," Darius said, smiling triumphantly, "you are now one of us. There is no going back."

clX4tg4.png

Darius and Camilla excused themselves and Daniela began to excitedly demonstrate some of the things I was now capable of.
    She rose into the air and hovered above the ground, explaining that all vampires had the innate ability to resist gravity for small periods of time.

JEw0TN6.png

She than demonstrated a unique ability she'd cultivated over the years, and caused me to pass out on the floor for the second time that afternoon.

3tLXX7L.png
    erLP8d1.png

Thanks sis.

She dispelled her sleep spell and I got back to my feet, feeling a bit drained.
    She must have noticed because she showed me how vampires were able to regain some energy by hovering in the air and connecting to the dark dimension they drew their power from.
    She demonstrated and I followed suit and soon we were both hovering in the air regaining some energy.

aicBIMM.png

She then told me about a plasma fruit which could only be found naturally in Forgotten Hollow, and how it made a good pick-me-up between meals. She admitted her father looked down on vampires who got their thirst quenched on anything other than actual plasma, so she recommended only doing it when he wasn't around.

JvCvquz.png

She looked around conspiratorially and promptly turned into a bat and flew off.

gkPzPe1.png

With a poof I saw her reappear outside near a scraggly looking tree, pick something, and disappear again.

uNpTXgF.png

When she returned she held a strange purple fruit in her hand.

KJrjJs3.png

"This is a plasma fruit," she said handing it to me. "If you stick a straw in it it's even more fun to drink!"
    Well, it was worth a try.

YCUmed0.png

I slurped down the fruity treat and it did slightly relieve my growing thirst, but only a little bit.

I returned to my room a little while later to center myself and come to terms with my new state. I tried to get a look at myself, but of course I now had no reflection.

rqjFFXb.png

I sighed and sat down by the fireplace to think about my next moves. I needed to learn more about vampires, and Daniela had said the book she'd given me was the first volume, so there must be more right?

K6KI7Gs.png

I picked up Encyclopedia Vampirica Vol. 1 and headed back down to the study. As I approached the door my advanced hearing picked up Darius' voice as he spoke with someone inside. I was about to turn around and try again later when I heard him call my name and tell me to come in.

I opened the door and found him sitting at the desk with his wife Camille sitting in a chair in the corner.

Y9onzKL.png

"Have you already finished Volume 1?" he asked, gesturing to the book.
    I nodded and placed it back on the shelf.
    "I was hoping to continue my studies and read the next volume," I explained, "but if this isn't a good time I can come back later."
    For a brief moment Darius gave me a penetrating stare before he rose and walked around the desk.
    "You may continue you're studies at a later time," he said dismissively. "This evening you will be joining us on our hunt. You cannot become a true vampire until you've drunk plasma directly from a sim. I know the thought may seem repulsive to you still, but once you've had your first drink you'll never want to go back to anything else. It is a glorious experience."

zamtqV8.png

My stomach knotted up in fear at the thought, and I could tell he sensed it.
    "Allow me to give you some hunting tips," he said, and proceeded to dive directly into the finer points of hunting sims for their plasma.

6tT00Il.png

Yeah, can't wait.

WtRI44K.png

Evening descended fast, and soon we were all gathered in the entryway waiting for the sun to set.

v8wa3GI.png

Daniela was deep into telling me about her first hunting trip when the last rays of sunlight finally disappeared behind the mountains. It was time.

Darius led us through the gates and down a long winding road that ended near the center of town.

wiHEgSU.png

My new eyes could easily see even the smallest of movements in the darkest of shadows, and I immediately caught site of a young sim walking towards us.

Darius bowed and gestured towards the girl. "It is time to prove yourself Damian. Drink and become a true vampire."

Lvmpf2G.png

I hesitated and he glowered at me.

HEFZg7t.png

"You swore to obey me," he growled, "do it."

I swallowed hard and began walking towards the girl who had stopped under a street light to watch us. I used my hypnosis to convince her not to be afraid, and put her into a deep trance.

F7t5ucU.png

With a furtive glance over my shoulder revealing I was currently being watched by all four vampires, I closed my eyes and bit down.

9JDfJG6.png

The warm plasma that filled my mouth was surprisingly pleasant even though my mind revolted at what I was doing. As I drank, the warmth of the plasma began to ease the deep chill that had continued to plague me even after my transformation, leaving me feeling warm and human for the first times since Darius had bit me.

VJ7Jhiy.png

I pulled back and released the girl, afraid I might have drunk too deeply, but she just shook her head and went running off, dazed but conscious.

u9d4RS5.png

I closed my eyes and felt the effects of the plasma as it fed the dark magic coursing through my body, and internally I wondered what kind of monster I had just become.

E9uHVfA.png

I looked back at my father to find him watching me smugly, so I turned and walked away.

I watched from a distance as the other vampires found their victims and fed, all the while fighting a growing fear that I'd be unable to control this new thirst, and what kind damage I might cause because of it.

jgF5l0M.png

If I was going to successfully complete my mission, I was going to have to work hard and fast to defeat Darius.

Otherwise I might very well become the monster I'd come here to stop.

• Options

Oona Medicci, day 7

EsDZ29J.png
    I love this world
    IaxWn4E.png
    OJh7LKE.png
    Sleep and eat at Onsen ... no lightning, at least.

WBz76P0.png
    0APSYiT.png
    2ivOKhx.png

Pl85Wn6.png
    we have to try to craft, or she wont have the money she needs... i built small lot in windenburg, but got carried away, heh

uGBBgJi.png
    fine, pee!
    alITyNv.png
    looks like sean follows always
    Ysj5toS.png
    W6KMLgM.png
    but left soon.
    tkbpC3j.png
    this skill takes forever... again 8pm when done. now to get hurt in slopes.. not making same misstake i did with Melody. She was too good at skiing, Oona is only at level 2 at snowboarding..
    o3MC0rX.png
    so silent...
    lhbSR5o.png
    and done! so easy now.

rest of the evening i let her snowboard on easy slope, to skill up
    QFHunQr.png
    She had fun :P

• Options
    What do you guys suppose would be the best way to jump back in at this point? I'm a bit overwhelmed haha
  • Options
    @permanentrose
    As you see , i took the new sim route :p she is soon done first world aspirations , under 10 days, ready to move to windenburg soon :P this way i can catch up, focusin solely on aspirations, nothing else.

what is best for you, is different story :) you know your schedule :)

• Options
    @Ellupelluellu Thanks. That might be the best route. I am still feeling a bit attached to Robin though. Perhaps I can just blast through her missed aspirations too, less to catch up on, and then see if I want to do a story after that
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2022
    @permanentrose - Welcome back! I would suggest going at your own pace. I am behind and can't commit to doing a post everyday, so I am just taking my time and doing my own story when I can. If you remember last year with Sakura and Wolfgang, I took a bit of a break, and then jumped back in for the last month. You could do some behind-the-scenes work on the aspirations and then just post a few photos per day. Since it is only Aug 3, you could jump in for the current world, San Myshuno, I believe, or just continue where you left off. It's up to you, but will be thrilled to see Robin again. She is, of course, in my game, as are all the other challenge sims.

@Ellupelluellu - are you going to put Oona on the gallery?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    August - Day 3: "New Apartment, New Age, New Town + The Boys New Home..."

jGIaCG9.png

Notes
    xxyyzmI.png
    Here is Cale and Sandy's new Adult Makeover! However, I only have screenshots of their headshots. My game crashed again and the rest of their wardrobe screenshots didn't save in my folder for some reason. You'll see their Cold Weather in a couple other screenshots though. If anyone wants to see their full wardrobe, let me know. I hope the outfits actually saved. o.O I think I need to investigate my Mods again, I might have one that's causing my game to freeze.

cbYXyD6.png
    The boys got makeovers too for their YA selves! Here's CJ with his everyday outfit. He's a Spellcaster now and so is Cale again! Sandy gave them the Rites of Ascension.

0TcyU0A.png
    A few of his new outfits. Most of the others stayed pretty much the same.

5ayBpAf.png
    Here's Joe and his makeover/everyday outfit.

3nG5ZIz.png
    A few of his other outfits. Same as CJ, the rest pretty much stayed the same.

PtbqEcG.png
    Last, but not least, Jacob Volkov! I gave him a makeover for his YA self too! He is living with Joe & CJ.

UCWk2qB.png
    Jacob got an entirely new wardrobe as well.

uxkJeZP.png
    Front of the Factory Renovation. I added a couple other things after this screenshot. Just a light above the door, some planter boxes under those windows on the right side, terrain paint all around and a couple lights at the end of the pathway. You'll notice I placed a glass roof over the rocket to simulate it could fly out too.

o38wVSc.png
    I made them a little backyard patio BBQ/Hot Tub area.

wxuxGdn.png
    DF8dzUd.png
    Overhead Views

I have screenshots of the entire build, but it's too much to post here. If anyone is interested in seeing them, let me know and I'll do a slideshow.

bIVERWC.png
    uD2yFRb.png
    Overhead Views of Cale & Sandy's Apartment

kMwVAJH.png
    Garden area and wall of windows. They can see my Industrial Loft build I did for Essa last year from there.

t65Nr1I.png
    They have a fireplace too!

Nve2UE2.png
    Close-up of the garden feature I made. I love it! <3

QC8uZlk.png
    Living Room area looking at the back of the apartment. They have a Grand Piano now too.

p0qG2Ck.png
    Just another angle.

OlIJcs5.png
    Kitchen

ITyeuql.png
    Dining Area

GRp3Zty.png
    I made a platform for that 'tree' to sit on so it could cover one of the 'Historical plaques.' I did the same near the garden feature, only not as high up. The third plaque is hidden by the mirror near the dining area.

oM5TbWq.png
    Love that Paranormal pack table.

t7kUZCe.png
    One side of their bedroom.

Ay8ZJAi.png
    The other side of the bedroom.

ORGQqKs.png
    Bathroom is too small to get any good screenshots so this overhead view will have to do.

Tomorrow I'll finally start gameplay and story mode.

Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Options
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jun12.jpg
    June 12: Meet + Greet!

Special Appearances By: Lucy Aldrich ( @miss_eulenauge ), Selena Lilly ( @lilypadmeulin )
    Because D.J. has now won two Accolade awards and has reached a point of over 1,000 Followers on his SimSpace account, Jake thinks D.J. should host a Meet + Greet at Studio PBP where the Starlight Accolade Awards are held.

dj-06-158.jpg
    dj-06-159.jpg

Inside, a bunch of Sims were waiting and mingling. D.J. recognizes some from his University days as well as from other of the towns he's visited.

dj-06-160.jpg

One Sim immediately recognizes D.J. and runs up to him for his autograph. Jake had made up a bunch of headshot photos of D.J. from doing his different gigs. D.J. grabs one from Jake.

"Who should I make this out to?" D.J. asks the fan.
    "Oh my gosh. This is so cool. My name is Kristie. Kristie Brady." The fan replies trying to hold it together.
    "Nice to meet you, Kristie."

D.J. signs his headshot photo and hands it to Kristie who hugs it.

dj-06-161.jpg

D.J. makes his rounds signing more autographs and posing for pictures all the while mingling with his fans.

dj-06-162.jpg
    dj-06-163.jpg
    dj-06-164.jpg

D.J. considers his Meet + Greet a great success.

dj-06-165.jpg
    dj-06-166.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017
    Oh hey, I see DJ went ahead and got the hair/makeup this time. He looks good! I think it's hilarious how the make-up lady wears that tiny hat. It's cute! Whoa! Yay DJ! He got nominated for his acting AND I see from Part 2 he got the Accolade! Congratulations DJ! Hilarious how that one guy is sitting on the floor cross-legged even though there are plenty of empty chairs! Tsk! Silly guy.

Oh yeah, I've done that many, many times while playing this challenge, played something for story purposes then didn't save. Sometimes I'll do a Save As and play out what I want in that save instead too. Oh yeah, I plan on having Cale give all the boys keys to their apartment so they can stop by any time they want. :)

I'm glad DJ will continue to play guitar. I love having my Sims learn to play all the musical instruments, especially guitar. There are some Latin and Ballads they play that I love just sitting here listening to them play those songs. :) Yeah, I suspect it's a Mod now. Ellu gave me a tip on one that I have that is pretty borked and I had no idea since it had already been patched once. There was another patch for it released today. I've downloaded it and I'll see if it works, if not, I guess I'll just have to play without that Mod for awhile. :(

I think I remembered how I built it, even improved on what I'd done, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise my game froze. Not a blessing having to rebuild, but ah well.

Ah, Meet and Greet with some familiar faces! Looks like DJ thinks it went very well! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks, I saw that, thank you so much! They did another patch for it today though, so I'll see if that works. If it doesn't, I'll take that Mod out. Thanks so much for the tip, I'm guessing that's why my game has been freezing up lately. Yep, I know, I've done that lots of times. This last time though, my screenshots I took weren't saved, at least not all of them. I took screenshots of Cale and Sandy's new wardrobe, but after it crashed and I checked the screenshots folder, they weren't there! Just the headshots. So weird... Thanks about their place though. :)

Absolutely, positively gorgeous screenshots! I love Mt. Komerebi too! Oona's garden is looking SO good! Hope she makes enough for the build you created for her in Windenburg! And there's Sean! He really loves his sister, it's heartwarming! Gah, that screenie captioned 'So silent...' is so, so pretty! Except for the fall, it does look like she's having fun snowboarding, Go Oona!

@permanentrose
    Jump back in with San Myshuno (or vampires) if you like, or perhaps do as Ellu suggested and start over with a new Sim. I know we'd all miss seeing Robin again though, I know I would. But it's totally up to you what you ultimately decide to do. Just focusing on aspirations with her in whatever world you decide to do next would work too and go fast if you don't write a story with her. :) That's what I planned to do with Cale this year, but that plan quickly flew out the window eh? hehe Ah well...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top