Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    What a week... and I'm back with a new chapter!

Chapter 3.5 is out, here is the link ;)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Caught up!
    The way the captain seems to be using Leo as a sort of 'pawn' is pretty disgusting. It reminds me of the awful 'one of the good ones' mentality, using an alien just to crack down on other aliens, and even allowing him permission to mind-wipe? They're thinking less of Leo as a capable person and more as a tool to further their own goals. As for baby Luke, he's adorable!
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Caught up!
    The way the captain seems to be using Leo as a sort of 'pawn' is pretty disgusting. It reminds me of the awful 'one of the good ones' mentality, using an alien just to crack down on other aliens, and even allowing him permission to mind-wipe? They're thinking less of Leo as a capable person and more as a tool to further their own goals. As for baby Luke, he's adorable!

Thanks for the comment!
    Both Leo's captains left a lot untold to Leo, and this second one is definitively shadier, that's true. The whole contrast between humans and aliens is crystalizing in a quite complex and uneven equilibrium at the moment, the Millers are keeping accepting a lot of compromises and probably don't even fully realize it...
    Will Leo and Claire manage to show everyone what they are really capable of even in such a difficult situation? The final answer could not be that simple, actually... >:)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 3.6 is out! (link)

This is the introduction to one of my favourite parts of the legacy, it was very funny to play this scenario...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.7 is out! (link)

Something weird seems to be happening in Strangerville, how will the Millers be involved? B)
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    The freeze ray for the vampire was especially fun!
    I really like toddler Lyra too.

I am trying to avoid reading too much about Strangerville in case I want to get the pack and play the mystery at some point. Thank you for labeling your Strangerville post - would you perhaps be willing to continue to mention which posts are about Strangerville? Or just mention once when you are done with the mystery? Then I will hop back in and read from that point forward.
    gen3-banner.png
    The freeze ray for the vampire was especially fun!
    I really like toddler Lyra too.

I am trying to avoid reading too much about Strangerville in case I want to get the pack and play the mystery at some point. Thank you for labeling your Strangerville post - would you perhaps be willing to continue to mention which posts are about Strangerville? Or just mention once when you are done with the mystery? Then I will hop back in and read from that point forward.

Thanks for the comment!
    Now there will be other 3-4 chapters almost only about Strangerville, I will keep labelling them clearly then.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Thank you that is kind :)
    gen3-banner.png
    Chapter 3.8 is out! (link)

This chapter is still fully set in Strangerville and deals with its mysteries, so spoiler alert for those who haven't played that part yet ;)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.9 is out (link!)

Leo & co are midway through their Strangerville adventure, how will they manage to solve the mystery and to bring back serenity to their hearths?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.10 is out! (link)

We are approaching to the end of the Strangerville mystery, will our heroes find the culprit? (*this also means that the Strangerville spoiler flag still applies*)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    edited July 2022
    Chapter 3.11 is out (link)!

This is the last chapter of the Strangerville story parenthesis, the main Strangerville plot is over with this chapter (but there will be still some small reminders here and there for the rest of generation 3 as Leo's investigation proceeds).

Also, in this part there was also quite a bit of character development for Orion, expect some novelties if you skip straight to chapter 3.12. Finally, I also wanted to point out to the people who are curious to learn more about Orion and the other aliens who lived with him on Sixam, that there are two short stories I wrote about them for the MSSSC challenge which fit quite nicely to this point of the legacy and which are posted here and here. ;)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Cool, I look forward to picking up at 3.12 and I'm sure I'll figure it out :) Thank you for labeling the Strangerville episodes!

gen3-banner.png
    Caught up to 3.9!
    Haha, that's one way to deal with vampire break-ins : P Oooh neurotoxin spill-out, this is exciting for me, potentially devastating for the characters XD I like to think the Mother/plants's spores contain neurotoxins and that's why people spout weird stuff about her, kind of like how parasitoid insects' neurotoxins almost turn hosts into zombie-like bodyguards- so I wonder if she'll appear in this story...If Orion is in some kind of pain, is he possibly infected? : O Whoops, there we go. That'll throw a spanner into the works XC Love that a push-up contest won them the detector : P

I love how you've made Erwin twice as shady : P YES! There she is and she's beautiful. I can't wait to see where this goes- I wonder if because Orion is infected, maybe he can communicate with the Mother?
    they/them or she/her
    @SnowBnuuy , thank you very much!
    Yup, I tried to read all the weird events happening in Strangerville with a slightly different key than the one proposed in game, so the infected sims become "contaminated by the neurotoxin", the vaccine becomes the antidote, (at least for now) the Mother plant is just "the huge and scary plant" and so on. Who knows whether I decided to keep this different interpretation all along, or if I eventually converged with the canonical storyline... :P
    And Erwin is definitively very shady too... But he mostly remains weird, so weird XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    And Chapter 3.12 is out, we are back to Windenburg ;) (link)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    600 words is really short! but a very sweet love story :) happy to be reading again
    gen3-banner.png
    I'm not sure they would like the "sweet" label, but I definitively agree with it!

Meanwhile, chapter 3.13 is out! (link) This was a very funny parenthesis to write!

Meanwhile, if you were wondering, yes, this month I have a lot of free time from work, and yes, this probably means I'm going to update much more often than usual :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    That was so great! I think my favorite one so far :) You're very creative.
    gen3-banner.png
    Thanks a lot! B)
    2if86miljyb3.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just read generation one. This is so good! Will be trying to catch up soon.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    Thanks a lot! :)

Meanwhile, Chapter 3.14 is out! (https://hermionesims.blogspot.com/2022/08/chapter-313-spreading.html)

In a similar way to chapter 3.12, there are references to the effect of the Strangerville spores, but I would not consider it a real spoiler for the Strangerville storyline as it takes place in completely different places and under different circumstances....

This chapter is also shorted than the last few ones, but I preferred to leave the suspense at that point instead of rushing too quickly to the resolution of the case... :#
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 3.15 is out! (link)

It's a very busy period for the Millers, what could I have in store for them next?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Caught up!
    I wonder if the dealers snuck in, if maybe they plan to use or modify the neurotoxic plant as some kind of...how can I put this in forum-friendly terms...mind-altering substance? Something so strange would likely sell for a ton of money. Glad Orion will at least get some relief with that antidote!

The law prohibiting aliens from using psychic powers has something of a 'both sides' element. Whilst most aliens would never use it for anything nefarious, that kind of power could also easily be abused, so I wonder if banning that prohibition would do more than good in some ways. Orion and Silas's new house is nice! Much nicer than the tiny caravan!

I don't think Orion and Silas should be so excited to share the Sixamian technology and discoveries with humans. It won't help relations; humans will only use their own technology against them to do harm to them, I reckon. Besides, they should be treated with respect anyway, and not only for what they can offer to humans. I wouldn't trust humans with alien tech : O Ahh geez, so there's a chance the problem could now be spreading outside of Strangerville as well...So it sounds like I was right, the toxins are being used in the mind-altering substance. And that's only going to further the spread Orion and co spent ages trying to halt XC

It may just be that he prefers his own company, but I do wonder what, if anything, Luke is keeping from others. He seems obsessed with studying the Sixamian history translation, and I'm wondering if there's a somewhat darker reason for that. All I can think is, young men are very impressionable, and I sometimes wonder if there's still a group of Sixamians lurking around online convincing aliens to be dangerously anti-human in a similar vein to the Pirates of Sixam.
    they/them or she/her
    edited August 2022
    Thanks a lot @SnowBnuuy !
    I'm really impressed with your prediction skills, not even I had in mind to turn the spores into a drug during the Strangerville's chapters, I actually got the idea later XD

As for the alien technology management instead, it's a pretty complex matter and almost every character has a different opinion about it. Claire is probably the most ideological about it, she thinks that alien technology (mostly teleport and medical science, not weapons) would make everyone's life better, and so she thinks it would be right to integrate it into human technology as soon as possible.
    Orion and Silas are more pragmatic instead, but also "chaotic" somehow. They realize that the alien organization nowadays is not sufficient to keep the Sixam technology alive on their own, and they are ready to accept quite big compromises to go on with their research anyway (living the difficult life on Sixam before, and accepting the rules of the human government after). I'm also afraid they are less worried than others about the possible malicious use of the technology they are sharing. Also, who knows if they are really sharing all their findings with the Sim Nation government or not...

Finally, about Luke, it's definitely time to read some sections extracted from his diary, to understand what he is actually doing and so on...
    2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top