The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family Day 313

8pjsMxZ.jpg
    The day of Jacob and Christa's wedding finally came. One of the family members had put everything together for it. Lily finished getting rid of the garden a few days prior, and now many white chairs and the wedding arch were set up in it's place. That morning, the four members of the household got together to jam while waiting for the wedding guests to arrive.

tJMREga.jpg
    Soon after, the guests started to arrive. In no particular order, some of the invited guests include Sheila Naquin, Elizabeth Sorenson, Kizzie Langerak, and Ivy Goth.

1Xb4r4E.jpg
    Christa was the first to put a wedding ring on Jacob's finger.

Vhxqt34.jpg
    Then Jacob put a wedding ring on Christa's finger.

Syx9u3U.jpg
    Afterwards, they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

3lLhQhe.jpg
    You can see the love they have for each other in this picture. I like the way that Christa is smiling at Jacob.

26maUV3.jpg
    One of the guests wanted to take a picture of Christa, so this is what she did. I wanted a screenshot of her so I positioned the camera in between her and the photographer so I could get this.

JGv7q5f.jpg
    For the after party, Brandon became a DJ. I cheated his DJ skill to max so he'd have all the options available to him.

2cj8u3i.jpg
    Another random picture, this time with a bit of dancing involved. Some of the guests had requests that Brandon tried to fulfill.

ofY0MUN.jpg
    When all the guests had left, Jacob and Christa headed to the bedroom. Normally, I'd give them a day or two to try for a baby, but I'm trying to get generation 8 to be born so we can get closer to moving the family to Moonlight Falls.

GcwvgXw.jpg
    Before going to bed that night, they were both hungry so I sent them to eat some leftover birthday cake.

****I replayed the day, but most of the pictures shown here are before the game crashed without saving from the first time I played it. In the replay, everything went pretty similar to what is shown here so I only added the woohoo picture and eating cake from that. Everything else is the original. I'm kind of waiting to see what storms in the area are doing before I decide to play, but I plan on doing some feedback a bit later in the day.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member

Okay simming friends, I need help trying to locate an item that I'm missing from my game. You see, when I was trying to move stuff over to that new computer that I don't have now due to it not having enough internal memory for my games and stuff, well somehow my saved files from my TS3 games got messed up so I had to rename my Sims 3 folder to old and start the game to recreate a new one. Then I had to reinstall all my store stuff and other downloads into the new file. Well I'm missing some items that for the life of me I just can't remember where I got them from.

So I'm trying to find this planter that looks like a boat that's located next to the motorhome in this picture. Any help would be appreciated. So thank you in advance... :)
    cVCxK9ah.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited August 2022
    @emorrill
    The fence is actually a seat I got off of TSR =)
    Oh yeah, ladies knew how to behave in that time period.
    Fortunately, Harper isn't from then.XD

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/984094/uploaded-for-thanksgiving-new-world-pilgrims-landing
    Pilgrim's landing for this part(I got 10 different worlds installed) I been searching forever for a world like this because
    this has been a bucket list story.

I actually played the original oregon trail back in school lol, now I play it on the phone.
    I'm a history buff, so anything from the past catches my attention.

Aww glad you think Caleb is handsome! I worked super hard on him and tried to go away from my typicalness lol.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Pete's Silly Sideshow

The Big Top tent at Pete's Silly Sideshow soars high in the sky welcoming visitors inside. Enjoy the shows, unless you dream of stardom? Join the simfest and win the big prize. Visit the the fortune teller to see what your future holds. Explore the ruins and drink from the glowing waters if you dare. Make a wish at the well. Be careful what you wish for! It might not be exactly what you want. Built for DMK at 112 Fantasyland.
    52257087998_080919484e_o.jpg

Download

The Disney version is a meet and greet with various Disney characters. This lot is assigned to the fortune telling wagon. Apparently, the dev's original name of the wagon is considered a slur, and censored on this forum, so I'm calling it the fortune telling wagon. I added a show floor for magical shows under the tent. You can have any kind of show you want though. If you use Nraas debug you can assign a simfest all day with it. The wagon works fine with the lot labeled a live show venue and your sim can have the career if you wish.

Inspiration photo
    52258973334_2c63b7f746_o.jpg
    Custard check
    52257722347_03b776ff17_o.jpg

Love those photobooths!
    52257088133_f2edbeaf75_o.jpg

The fortune telling career works if you want to have your own sim join up.
    52257087853_209f0a599f_o.jpg

It just seemed the perfect place to pop in these mystical items.
    52257345144_9fb8346c86_o.jpg

Remember, I said be careful what you wish for!
    52256099292_d4356a5a24_o.jpg

ewww!
    52256099267_60ff71ac9c_o.jpg

Even more ewww! :lol:
    52257554935_f149e902fc_o.jpg

haha, Shane was disappointed with his wish for love candidate, so my game turned her into the proprietor for the venue.
    52257554870_d3e6fd13e4_o.jpg

Getting ready for the show in the dressing rooms.
    52256098982_9169beaaa1_o.jpg

Showtime
    52257554770_9087d669f8_o.jpg
    52257554700_08fffff646_o.jpg

52257344889_12bd62b4db_o.jpg
    I never realized how hard it would be to do a pioneer story, they are getting bored out of their minds LOL
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @emorrill , I'm so glad the idea to start your Stardew Valley story was something I said! :) Congratulations on sticking with it for so long and finishing it, and for letting the characters take you in a direction you didn't expect!
    Bye the way, I confused Robin and Leah in Stardew Valley too at first! Besides looking the same, their professions are somewhat similar too!

@Brandontaylor , lovely wedding! I'm impressed that you're about to get to generation 8, I've never stuck with a family for so long!

@bekkasan , I love your lot! The fortune telling wagon fits perfectly in it.
    Page 4380 - 4381

***My aunt's surgery for her bre'ast cancer for today was cancelled because they found out she has another spot they want to check. The first spot is stage one, and they were just going to remove it. However, with the 2nd spot, they don't know if they have to take the whole thing or still can just take the spot. Everything else is going pretty decent for me and my family, except for that. I should have some time to play and do comments for the next few weeks at least.

I've also been doing a bit more comic book reading. I am currently reading a couple Batman series. The first one is called Batman: The Knight and is a current storyline that is a retelling of Bruce Wayne's training. So far in the series, he has trained in detective work, with several martial artists, a master in disguise, and trained with a thief that is kind of like a precursor to Catwoman in his near future. He also is training with Giovanni Zatara, a stage magician who is actually a real spellcaster and his daughter, future Justice Leaguer Zatanna Zatara. Of course, Bruce has trouble learning magic and decides it'd make things to easy for when he does become a hero in Gotham City. At this point, he is not Batman, nor has he been inspired to dress like a bat yet. I think there are a few more issues to be released where he meets up with Ra's al Ghul, an immortal ecoterrorist and his daughter Talia al Ghul (actually becomes a lover of Bruce/Batman in the future and has a child by him named Damian Wayne/Robin.) The last issue probably has Bruce becoming Batman for the first time. The second storyline I am reading is from 1993 and is called the Knightfall Saga. It is a story where the villain Bane, using a chemical called Venom, decides to break Batman and take over Gotham City. He releases criminals from Arkham Asylum and Batman and Robin/Tim Drake have to fight them and capture them. Bane wears Batman down and finally breaks his back. A man named Jean Paul Valley, a friend of Bruce and Tim is chosen to become Batman, but in his past, he was given mental cues to eventually become a vigilante named Azrael. Bruce and Tim broke some of that conditioning, but now Jean Paul is becoming a violent Batman while Bruce is in a wheelchair and on a mission with Alfred, his butler.

Anyway, after that lengthy explanation, here are some comments.

@GraceyManor I don't know about hideous, it's kind of cute.
    Yikes, not good when your house catches fire.
    Wonder why the kids were in there?
    Great update!
    Somehow I think that one time will turn into many.
    Congrats on another child!
    Great update!

@Sprottenham Great pictures from 1994!
    You're welcome.
    They do have a band, although the members switch out every time a family member dies.
    Thanks for the comments!
    Great update!

@Nikkei_Simmer Nice story update!

@Turjan You are welcome.
    Thanks, I thought it was a nice photo as well.
    Yeah, things went pretty much the same as they did the first time I played it. I shared the update today, and only two pictures at the end were from the replay.
    Thanks for the comments!
    The Elvis in Union Cove looks decent. I guess he stayed poor though if he's living in a shack.
    The Marilyn Monroe looks a bit more like her than the Elvis does.

@BlueSpaarkle Nice gardening pic in his underwear.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    Thanks, luckily everything went okay with the replay.
    Thanks!
    That's a neat lighting mod.

@Astro Great update!

@PalmArrow Congrats on the birth of Mark!
    Happy birthday to Audra and Janella!

@Onverser Nice job on the addition!

@ButterWafflesAR Great update!

@emorrill The family reunion seems to be going alright so far.
    Looks like Demetrius is a bit surprised about recent developments.
    I'm glad Emily and Haley's parents are back.
    I had a feeling their parents might not like who they ended up with, but at least they aren't going to try and fight it.
    I like the Jas and Shane reunion. I also like that Marnie is proud of Shane's sobriety.
    Great update!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Okay simming friends, I need help trying to locate an item that I'm missing from my game. You see, when I was trying to move stuff over to that new computer that I don't have now due to it not having enough internal memory for my games and stuff, well somehow my saved files from my TS3 games got messed up so I had to rename my Sims 3 folder to old and start the game to recreate a new one. Then I had to reinstall all my store stuff and other downloads into the new file. Well I'm missing some items that for the life of me I just can't remember where I got them from.

So I'm trying to find this planter that looks like a boat that's located next to the motorhome in this picture. Any help would be appreciated. So thank you in advance... :)
    cVCxK9ah.jpg

Okay everyone, I've figured out where that planter came from. It's from the Island Paradise Limited Edition content that I can't seem to find to redownload it to my game as I do have that one but the stuff isn't showing up in my game.
    Screenshot.jpg
    Joseph: Miss Harper, good morning.
    Harper: Good Morning Joseph, Caleb.
    Caleb: How you holding up, Harper?
    Harper: I'm fine, thank you.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    The weather seemed to be a bit cooler than usual. Fall was just
    around the corner, and Harper loved this weather! As usual she tried
    getting her phone to work, but to no avail.Why do I even bother?
    The group marched on hoping to reach the Fort Pierce before the end of
    the week.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Caleb: Harper, what do you like to do in your free time?
    Caleb asked. He wanted to get to know Harper a little better, but
    tried his best not to pry, she seemed to be quiet and reserved and he
    was trying to help her open up a bit.
    Harper: Oh? I like writing and painting.
    Caleb: You like to write? That's very impressive.
    Harper: Thank you, but I'm sure your skills are more impressive.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    Mary: Where is Harper? I don't see her around.
    Joseph: You are right. The young lady is gone.
    Caleb: Good maker! Keep walking, I'll go find her.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Caleb searched everywhere he could for Harper, she wasn't anywhere
    to be found, the only sound he heard was the rustling of a lonely deer and
    a few rabbits rushing through the bushes.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    Caleb: Thank the maker! There you are. We've been searching everywhere
    for you.
    Harper: I'm sorry, I spotted this fruit garden and wanted a few strawberries.
    Caleb was clearly frustrated with Harper.
    Caleb: Harper, I'm not sure how your groups were run, but we stick together
    here. Kindly let us know where you're going.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Harper: I do apologize, I'm used to being alone, I didn't mean to
    make you all worry. It won't happen again.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Caleb smiled at Harper, feeling a sense of relief knowing she was okay.
    Caleb: Don't worry about it, Harper.I'm just glad you're okay.
    He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and beckoned for her to join the rest
    of the party.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Harper followed Caleb over to the camp site, where Mary sat lazily
    in her chair knitting away.She peaked up over her project and looked
    Harper over.Harper could feel a motherly lecture coming on.
    Mary: You know dear, you really shouldn't run amuck like that.
    There are bears that will eat you out here.
    Caleb: Mary! Don't tell her that.
    Mary: A little fear might serve her well, she won't be so reckless.
    Harper: Yes, I understand. I apologize, I won't do it again.
    Caleb shook his head and gave Harper the "Its okay" look.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    After dinner, Harper decided to watch the wildlife, she spotted a mother
    rabbit and her babies heading home. Caleb took great interest in watching
    Harper, and found himself smiling at her enjoyment over simple things.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @bekkasan thanks. I have previously fixed all of the problems with the worlds but needed to go back to an earlier save to get some video for the latest episode which is now loading to YouTube. Hopefully it’ll be available tomorrow. It’s been loading for about 8 hours already.
    Janella goes to school in the morning in a perfectly good mood, because her mother threw an elixir of bliss at her before she left. Life is easy when you have an alchemist mother (who has to use her elixirs anyway to fulfill her LTW)!

5kOzmDo.jpg

Time for Mark to age up to toddler! I thought he might have inherited Audrey's dark hair with blue tips, but he has his absent father's completely dark hair instead.

jHiMoS0.jpg

qlZw3iE.jpg

It is summer in my game. I'm playing on normal lifespan and each season lasts a week. I've just decided to give Janella a school-free Friday by having her check in at the family resort with her dad, so that I can give her a four-days-long summer vacation from Leisure Day Thursday to the weekend. I'll do the same thing in the future whenever there are children or teens in the household in the summer.

The family resort is rated four stars at the moment, but I've bought some additional objects and I'm hoping it will reach five stars soon. I peeked during the night and the staff were working diligently, although one of them is somewhat unusually wearing a witch's hat!

tatMPKg.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    Joseph: Caleb, you seem preoccupied this morning.Are you feeling
    okay?
    Caleb: Hmm? Yes, I'm quite alright, thank you.
    Caleb was lost in thought, obviously preoccupied with other things,
    and his travelers were picking up on it.

Screenshot-25.jpg
    Harper: My feet are killing me....ugh, give me a day with a bunch
    of regrets anytime...this is horrible.I really want to go home.
    The rest of the group were getting tired of Harper's bickering and
    decided to back off for a bit.Harper didn't mind though, she enjoyed
    her solitude and it gave her a chance to vent her grievances.

Screenshot-23.jpg
    Mary: Good maker, if I hear one more complaint. I think I might just
    leave and go home.Her constant bickering is enough to lead me to drink.
    And I'm a Christian woman.
    Caleb: Please be patient with her.
    Mary: Even patience runs out after a while.

Screenshot-27.jpg
    Caleb felt bad for the group leaving Harper to herself and he
    went to make amends.
    Caleb: Let me apologize on the other's behalf's. They're just as tired
    as you and I am.
    Harper: I'm not bothered at all. I like my solitude.
    Caleb: Oh? Why? don't you get lonely?
    Harper: Not at all. I rather be by myself.
    Caleb: I see...I almost forgot I have something I wanted
    to give you.
    Harper: You do?
    Caleb handed harper a journal. He remembered her mentioning
    she liked to write, and hoped it would help ease her troubles.

Screenshot-28.jpg
    Harper instantly threw her arms around Caleb, but pulled back
    immediately.
    Harper: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that.But thank you!

Screenshot-29.jpg
    Caleb: Its alright, Harper.Anytime you need a hug, I'm right here!
    They both smiled and looked away from each other.
    Harper: You remembered me mentioning that I liked to write.
    That's so thoughtful.
    Caleb: Hope it makes you feel better.

@Astro , I love that the cat joined the kids in listening to the ghost story. So delightful!

@GraceyManor , Harper's turquoise dress suits her very nicely!
    Audrey is having a midlife crisis. She wished for a makeover at the salon. The salon is very close to her house, so she walked there with Mark.

9c9sToY.jpg

While she was giving herself a makeover Mark played with Pal, a mysterious doll he received by post.

2iQjNu5.jpg

Audrey and Roderick will get married soon, so she chose a wedding outfit.

XdEnB57.jpg

Roderick got promoted in his political career, and then visited the bookshop across the street. He stocked up on fiction, toddler books, skill books and recipes for the whole family.

ThL9YRa.jpg

Raising Mark is easy for Audrey now that she has Roderick and Janella to help her. She was a single mum when Janella was a toddler, and that was very stressful.

9coM3HE.jpg

(By the way, that green triangular thing under Audrey's feet? That's a Spring Festival gnome, who sank into the platform on which the kitchen is raised.)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited August 2022
    Since I’ve been playing a lot of iOS games, look for these two to come to a Sims game when I finally get access to my own computer again.
    C6297E20-7421-4BF5-A2BA-91CB23481563.jpeg
    Tessa and Benny (Benny as a matter of fact is canon Hawaiian - Polynesian (mostly Asian from the looks of it). 😁

I hope I can make a good facsimile of them in Sims 3.

At least it’s keeping me from going absolutely stir crazy
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer What game are they from?
    edited August 2022
    Hmm weird glitch am trying to send my family to a new world and they don’t arrive I’m thinking it’s because I’m taking the horses but I need them

Edit: Got that fixed, but now when my sims arrive in the world I can't place them on a lot, the lots don't show up even though there's plenty of empty lots.
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    Oscar's Teen Years Episode 6 is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/4ed7O0HXCuY

Isabel goes to Dark Harbor to try to find Gregg Craig's parents. She doesn't find them, but does discover the world has become corrupt and the entire population of 88 sims need to be moved out.

Note: I have moved the 88 sims out of Dark Harbor, but not recorded video of it happening. They are all happily settled in two new worlds. They end up in Cornucopia and Glenvale City. Neither of these worlds appear in the video but they will eventually end up in future videos as I've moved several of Eric's relatives to both of those worlds.

I am also playing a small side game in Dark Harbor with a view to setting it up for future play. I will put the nhd file from that game into the Big Game so Dark Harbor will continue to be a part of this story as well as the McFluff Story.

In this video, we have a quick look around Dark Harbor and then Isabel returns to Moonfall Island Boarding School.

Eric decides it's time for an adventure and he dials up a travel agent. Eric, Oscar and Susanne set out to visit the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. We spend some time in that world and meet the sims living in it.

Eric really wanted to go to Moonlight Falls but didn't want to raise suspicions with folks back in Moonfall Island.

Faith MacDuff from Moonlight Falls is about to age up to Young Adult so it seems reasonable that Eric and Co escort her back home. Before leaving for Moonlight Falls, Faith makes her Imaginary Friend, Hesper, Real. Hesper becomes Henry.

Eric, Oscar, Susanne, Faith and Henry travel to Moonlight Falls.

Eric meets up with his special friend and there is some serious flirting. I think something might be going on with that pair. Interesting.

Faith and Henry have cake and celebrate their birthday. The plan is for Faith and Henry to share a house in Moonlight Falls now they are young adults.

In order to get some/most of the video for this episode I needed to go back to an earlier version of the game. I saved Henry to my library as he hadn't existed previously.

Back in March and April this year I spent ages doing lots of housekeeping on this game. I'd just continued to play it for years. It is the game for Oscar's stories as well as The McFluff Story. Just about all of the worlds had become so overstuffed with sims that it was often impossible for me to save them. I had this issue again in this pre housekeeping version of Moonlight Falls.

For the next episode of this video series I'll go to a later save. Eventually I'll get Eric and his buddies up to the current version of the save. At that point I should have no problems with saving. I have added several new worlds to the game and the game is now good to play. I'll try to progressively continue to move sims to new worlds as the population of this game continues to grow. I currently have 1,075 sim listed in my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is up to date as well now. I need it to know where my sims are so I can send Eric to the appropriate worlds whenever he and his friends decide to travel.

I became aware of the problem of the location of sims not being recorded accurately in the spreadsheet when I couldn't find Gregg Craig's parents. I did eventually find them so he does get to go home, but not in this episode. I will continue to send Isabel out to find them and she will go through each world in almost alphabetic order. The next world in the next episode will be Grey Meadow Islands. It should have been visited in this episode if I'd stuck rigidly to the order. I don't plan to send her to Hidden Springs either as I currently have only one household in that world and it isn't overpopulated and Gregg's parents are not in the world. But I do plan for Oscar to move there when he becomes a Young Adult and settles down to raise a huge family. Currently the only household I have there is Gertie McFluff with her 15 cats.

I'm thinking the next video I made might be from a different series. Currently I'm thinking of doing a few episodes of either 'The Perfect Genetics Challenge' or 'Caroline and Friends at University'. There are interesting sims in both of those series and lots happening. With Perfect Genetics the first heir is about to take over from her mother. In Caroline and Friends there are a whole host of very different sims with different traits to allow for maximum achievements at University. Isla Paradiso Bunch is completed unless I decide to do a third series at some stage.

Happy Simming
    @GraceyManor, they’re from an IPhone game called Big Farm Mobile Harvest.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    @Nikkei_Simmer
    Thanks! Always looking for new mobile games.
    edited August 2022
    @GraceyManor - it’s a farm management game.
    9139DFD3-5E02-4C8B-9D42-2AAA6DF6B122.png
    I finally managed to get my “happiness” meter above negative which is crucial if you want to have a profitable farm and not get hosed by expenses.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Page 4382 - 4383

***Getting ready to play soon. Hopefully the baby will be born today, otherwise it'll have to wait until next week.

@ButterWafflesAR Did not know that could happen, lol
    Congrats to Camillo and Lindsey!
    Awesome wedding!
    Great update!

@Astro Great update with Calvin!
    Great updates!

@Onverser Nice, it seems your town is constantly in a state of fear.

@GraceyManor I don't know if I've seen many stories from that era, so I'm looking forward to this.
    I hope the person isn't dead.
    I see that Harper travelled back in time.
    I'm glad someone found her at least.
    I wonder if Harper and Caleb will fall in love.
    Hey, she found her phone. Only bad thing is that it will die without electricity.
    Sorry to hear about her father passing. Sadly, I don't think she'll see her mom anymore either unless she gets transported, or Harper gets sent back to the present.

Great updates!

@bekkasan Awesome photo booth photos!
    Pete's Silly Sideshow looks cool!

@PalmArrow Congrats on Roderick joining the family.
    Thanks, I can't believe it either. If I had more time to play, I'd probably be closer to generation 9 or 10 but I'm getting there.
    I love the alchemy table and the elixirs.
    Great update!

@emorrill You're welcome.
    All I'm seeing at the moment is that HBO Max is going to have it in the fall, and PVOD has where you can rent it on August 9. For my rewatch, I'm waiting for the DVD so I can rent it. My mom didn't go with my brother and I so I told her we'd watch it once it hits Red Box or whatever.
    Thanks. I haven't had a lot of time to play recently, so I think I'm going to load the game up in a few minutes.

@lisasc360 Hope someone knows where to find it.
    Glad to hear you found it, just hope you can get it to show up.

@Karritz Sounds like things are still going well with Oscar.
    @Brandontaylor
    Yeah neither have I that's why I wanted to do one.
    But finding the right CC and worlds is difficult.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top