Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating packs? Can you add lots too?

They are updating some packs. Many of the worlds should've had more lots. Most should've had double the lots they came with even if they were left empty for us to fill. As they fix these packs, they should add more lots if at all possible. :) How can one call it a world when it only has a couple lots as in Vampires for example. Love what you did, but there should've been several more lots even if they were empty.

1. Vampires and the magic world had next to no living spots.

2. A lot underwater for mermaids should've always been included. Finding stuff there like in the Sims 3, a cave, encountering sharks, ect.

3. The Go To Work place should've had more spots including one as close to 64x64 as possible for shops since we can make our own and many talk of making malls.

4. The farming world should've had at least two of the largest lots possible since those sheds take up a ridiculous amount of room and it takes a bunch of room to add the full garden with trees and a farm house. A few regular lots there would be nice also, but having a very large farm is impossible in that world if you want a really nice place with lots of animals and the full garden with all harvestables.

5. A few more houses at the bottom of the werewolve world would be nice and hopefully not mess up the vibe.

6. There needs to be more in Del Sol for shops and cele homes, perhaps another big one or two(meaning largest lots possible).

7. The free world could have a few more towards the middle. I've always meant to make that a shopping district ect. Would be nice if you all would add some lots there too. Maybe at least two more largest lots possible and around 5 other lots.

In my playing, this stands out the most to me. What else would you like or what do you agree about the ones I've listed? It would be nice while they're updating to add some more empty lots for us, but they won't if simmers don't speak up.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I agree in that Forgotten Hollow could do with couple mid sized extra lots bit further from center
    but I also don't want to change the actual world layout I love it being so cozy

I would have also liked those tunnels to be explorable
    like idk its just kinda like i see tunnel I can't explore I annoyed
    even just let our sims woohoo in it snowy escape style
    or use them to teleport like moonwood mill or something if there can't be lot
    idk it just needs some use

heck add monster in it for our sims to pester that'll do

would have also loved to be able to edit the center of forgotten hollow but true I wouldn't want it to be lot cause then it would need loading screen so i need like world edit tool or something rather
    2. A lot underwater for mermaids should've always been included. Finding stuff there like in the Sims 3, a cave, encountering sharks, ect.
    would have been nice to have one or even just like hidden lot that appears as being underwater if nothing else but yeah I think that ship has sailed
    3. The Go To Work place should've had more spots including one as close to 64x64 as possible for shops since we can make our own and many talk of making malls.
    this I disagree with, I would rather have it so we can place the career lots anywhere not just specific lots
    and as for making malls those lots don't really function so they would have to make them function before I could want to build more
    actually if anything I want smaller lots because those work better with how retail is at the moment
    4. The farming world should've had at least two of the largest lots possible since those sheds take up a ridiculous amount of room and it takes a bunch of room to add the full garden with trees and a farm house. A few regular lots there would be nice also, but having a very large farm is impossible in that world if you want a really nice place with lots of animals and the full garden with all harvestables.
    I disagree as I feel the current lot sizes are plenty for a farm I would instead have liked to have couple more smaller lots in town center and added additional cow/llama spawner that does not require whole shed like even just option with just the door or something would have helped
    5. A few more houses at the bottom of the werewolve world would be nice and hopefully not mess up the vibe.
    I don't have moonwood mill yet but I really lack lot or two in the moonwood collective part if anything
    would have been nice to have gregs lot as actual lot since all you really need to summon him is the signs in front
    would have also been nice for those yearning for greg families as he would spawn right outside your house you know
    6. There needs to be more in Del Sol for shops and cele homes, perhaps another big one or two(meaning largest lots possible).
    another disagree if I wanted more lots in Del Sol I'd want more like midrange housing or maybe like apartment theres plenty mega size lots here for me
    7. The free world could have a few more towards the middle. I've always meant to make that a shopping district ect. Would be nice if you all would add some lots there too. Maybe at least two more largest lots possible and around 5 other lots.
    in this you mean Newcrest? yeah meh to me I don't even use the existing lots there so no comment on that :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I want explorable tunnels as well, why are they all rabbitholes?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I love Forgotten Hollow, love the look and feel of the place and the wider neighbourhood, but the part where the houses are located seems like it was dropped there from outer space because there is no connection with the rest of the neighbourhood, just these houses with a park in the middle of nowhere and the only road leads to the cemetery. I was actually thinking of turning Vlad's house into a proper cemetery because it makes no sense to have such a large manor in the middle of a cemetery. I'll probably also make a vampire club under the ground instead.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Now I like Vlad's place, it's just weird that there isn't an actual village below his perch. Like, have the count oversee his large domain. Perhaps turn the park into a park/marketplace/graveyard, and it needs far more houses.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Have they announced they're doing more updates?
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    davina1221 wrote: »
    I agree in that Forgotten Hollow could do with couple mid sized extra lots bit further from center
    but I also don't want to change the actual world layout I love it being so cozy

I would have also liked those tunnels to be explorable
    like idk its just kinda like i see tunnel I can't explore I annoyed
    even just let our sims woohoo in it snowy escape style
    or use them to teleport like moonwood mill or something if there can't be lot
    idk it just needs some use

heck add monster in it for our sims to pester that'll do

would have also loved to be able to edit the center of forgotten hollow but true I wouldn't want it to be lot cause then it would need loading screen so i need like world edit tool or something rather
    would have been nice to have one or even just like hidden lot that appears as being underwater if nothing else but yeah I think that ship has sailed
    this I disagree with, I would rather have it so we can place the career lots anywhere not just specific lots
    and as for making malls those lots don't really function so they would have to make them function before I could want to build more
    actually if anything I want smaller lots because those work better with how retail is at the moment
    I disagree as I feel the current lot sizes are plenty for a farm I would instead have liked to have couple more smaller lots in town center and added additional cow/llama spawner that does not require whole shed like even just option with just the door or something would have helped
    I don't have moonwood mill yet but I really lack lot or two in the moonwood collective part if anything
    would have been nice to have gregs lot as actual lot since all you really need to summon him is the signs in front
    would have also been nice for those yearning for greg families as he would spawn right outside your house you know
    another disagree if I wanted more lots in Del Sol I'd want more like midrange housing or maybe like apartment theres plenty mega size lots here for me
    in this you mean Newcrest? yeah meh to me I don't even use the existing lots there so no comment on that :lol:

On number 1 you mentioned an edit tool, but they will never give us that for the Sims4 and I wouldn't want to mess it up too much either, but a couple well place ones would be something.

On 2 you said the ship had sailed on getting underwater, but that's the whole point of them going back and redoing packs is adding what they should've put in. One underwater lot shouldn't be too huge with a loading screen. We already have collecting and what's being collected.

On 3 I didn't mean that was the only place they could be; I'm talking about existing packs/worlds and making them better which is the whole point of fixing up packs they've already made. I was trying to say that since we got shopping with that pack and it has two stores, why not put more lots there so we can have several shops to choose from and one huge one for the mall simmer's keep asking for.

On 4 we have med./ to small lots all over. There are no huge lots for making a huge farm which was the only reason that simmers who asked for farming in the first place wanted. They wanted to make a huge garden and have loads of animals which takes a huge piece of land, which they didn't provide at all. They attached those animals like they did babies and except for that work around I've seen from some simmer who was able to get the buildings to nearly disappear, that won't happen. Even in there's, a bunch of land and the animals spaced out was all they could accomplish.

On 7 Newcrest. Just saying to the middle is nothing and a few huge lots for builders to use would be nice for those like me who really use that world. There's loads of possibilities. Huge neighborhood, making your own supernatural hood because the ones offered were small, maybe a ghost town where everyone living there are ghosts, alien world using alien plants weird housing to make it look diff from all the other worlds. With water/pond tools a water type world with lots of water looking lots. Maybe a rich neighborhood with middle class to the side. Maybe a real farming community with a bunch of farms instead of 3-7 we got with the cottage/so called farming EP. Making many shops and businesses there(bowling alley, shops, eating places, park, ect. and just filling it up with fun things to do.
    I want explorable tunnels as well, why are they all rabbitholes?

That would be neat. Jungle Adventure overhaul might could provide that and the tunnels in the form of rooms with rock like walls. It would be interesting.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I love Forgotten Hollow, love the look and feel of the place and the wider neighbourhood, but the part where the houses are located seems like it was dropped there from outer space because there is no connection with the rest of the neighbourhood, just these houses with a park in the middle of nowhere and the only road leads to the cemetery. I was actually thinking of turning Vlad's house into a proper cemetery because it makes no sense to have such a large manor in the middle of a cemetery. I'll probably also make a vampire club under the ground instead.

On that one, a couple of well placed lots for building that doesn't take away from the feel. The cemetery made into a real one where dead sims's unclaimed headstones go. New grave stone types added and urns. Caretaker job. Death flower on site. Mosuleum from the Sims 3. Moving people pictures. A couple new coffins, capes, a vampire picture. I think that would round that pack out a little more.
    Now I like Vlad's place, it's just weird that there isn't an actual village below his perch. Like, have the count oversee his large domain. Perhaps turn the park into a park/marketplace/graveyard, and it needs far more houses.

Yeah, didn't like how limited that world was. What they did was real nice, it just seemed small. A real graveyard for vampires is def a must.
    Have they announced they're doing more updates?

They did one I think, but not sure if they've announced which one they are working on now or not. I think it should be put on the front page of the forums myself and ideas should be asked for as to what should be added that goes with the real theme of the pack and not just extras that have nothing to do with the theme at all.
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    The possibility for game updates, where for example, a huge one, 'Get Famous' we can become a Director/Producer or work with them that we meet and make our own TV show or Movie or Commerical that shows up on TV? Minor detail would make a huge difference. The same thing with traveling, I feel like having a holiday pack would be interesting, where you could go to a cast-away place, or travel long distances where there's a random instance that loads, and if you are a certain occult or have the skills and dive and explore more of the world. And each place traveled to you can only learn a skill at those locations like a certain dance, craft, martial art, or yodeling- something unique, adding in a new feature like Motels/Hotels where it's a temporary cheap or expensive stay, bringing back usable vending machines back, then adding a supernatural danger like 'The Hitchhiker' or Zombies. And while traveling in a vehicle (which would appear on the map instead of Devs allowing Sims to actually drive all the cars we see in Cities, Towns, Valleys, and Beaches- anyway, just a thought) you have to have a certain handiness skill to fix it, or you have to explore for help avoiding any ghouls, werewolves, zombies, vampires- or any expansion pack people have enabled, is how hard it will be to escape. This unlocks the class of 'Hunters' where you can hunt animals with traps, or supernatural beings- giving buffs to gardening and fishing. And adding to the Outdoor Living pack where you could set up camp anywhere with space on the map for the evening when you're exploring. And if there is a mountain, adds use for Rock Climbing, and if there is a snow slope, adds use for skiing other than the locations of where we got these options. Kind of like a workhorse pack, the ability to explore and use any and all packs we have to explore as a Backpacking Holiday pack.

And if we can't drive cars, can we at least ride horses? Had an idea for a Wild West pack. Saloons, shooting fish in a barrel, duels, being an 'Outlaw', exploring the desert side, or mines to obtain resources or help others. Could include trains, and robberies that occur during the day, but picking the wrong person can result in a duel to the death. Or being a sheriff or deputy can mean you can lock them up, or punish them by getting them to shovel horse manure. And have two towns for the west, a literal ghost town with mining history, and a full-on desert town stuck in the culture of the wild west. It gives mixology a twist too for barmen, could get one of those long bars, and do the sliding down the bar of the glass, to the sim. Depending on the skill of mixology and charisma of who you slide it to, they will catch it, or it will shatter and cause a barroom brawl. Brawl clouds go up everywhere around the Saloon. Victor is wanted by the sheriff if not caught, etc.

One thing that is playing on my mind, is a normal rock band, with multiple sims, drums, bass, guitar, and singer. Could we just have something like that in the High School one, with pool tables? Another idea, that could work if people have University Life installed, is if the sim excels at High School, they could do Uni and Highschool all at once saving some time in their life span as a sim, but it adds a +1 to stress each additional thing they do. And in addition, if there can be a game update for University life, where you can 'Study Abroad' where you can study and travel at once too rather than it just being a holiday.

An additional pack, which I don't think is necessary but thought to mention it anyway. Business Typhoon pack. Helicopters, private jets, business assistants, dry cleaning, this is where you can manage a cooperate business all over the world, add a stock system to Sims which is live based on how others play it, and the money is made by agreed deals as the sims travel as business typhoons. When there are protestors based on the means of production, or eco risk, or anything, you can decide how your company adapts and evolves, and where to build factories, adding a small Sim City element. This pack also allows a 'Get To Work' element for factory workers/manufacturers to learn robotics and handiness skills. Adding to the problems with 'Eco-Life' & 'University Life' so there's a backstory to how it ends up that way.

Even so, a Pirate Pack where you can be captured on a sailing ship and have to work your way to freedom as a pirate buccaneer, learning fencing, how to speak pirate (maybe), learning sailing, fitness, and handiness. Introduces boats, sailing ships, fishing boats (for fishing skill, and Deep Sea Fisherman career) adds more purpose for mermaids too, and deep-sea exploration with Submarines. Adding to the element of Holidays too with Cruises for sims. Adding stuff like Seaplanes, where Sims can rescue stranded sims on islands, and even have a call back to sims 2 castaway re-introducing monkeys.

Daredevil/Cheap Thrills pack: skydiving, motocross, acrobatics skill, monster trucks, sim derby, racing, adding mechanic career with racing, or repairs and sales, sword swallowing, daring feats of illusionists as a magician/illusionist/gypsies psychic escaping that tub of water all chained up, or the classic saw in half trick -adding to the Realm of Magic pack seeing shows popping up all over, or becoming a stuntee as a new career 'Stunt Artist' for movie, stage or tv.

Zoologist & Circus pack: dolphins, lions, tigers, bears, zebras, elephants, monkeys/gorillas, flamingos, and giraffes. Being a conversationalist for mammals and other animals by bonding and teaching tricks as a new career of Zoolologist, or flaunting them as a 'Circus Ring Master' with lion tamers, so there's the caring and cruel side of animal handling.

Mastermind pack: Burglers. But. You can do heists, and have a 'Get To Work' element where you have to steal and escape without getting caught and stealing enough gets you enough rep from doing so, you can form an underground syndicate, and launch robberies all over the simverse, plan blueprints, add banks as a thing in sims, where sims can get loans from to purchase houses or for university or a holiday, and have the sims who are thieves to find ways of stealing the money without getting caught. Then there's jail. Jail in the sims is just full of erratic, mean, and evil people. Then! Escape again! Earning you the achiever of 'Fugitive'; and the buff that no wall can hold you, so that means if you try to wall off this sim, let's say the old cheeky remove the ladder of the pool, they will find a way, to escape, and survive. Of course, having an element of 'Clean Slate', but it costs a ridonkulous amount of Simoleons.

Disco Maina pack: 70's, 80's Nostalgia. Dance battles, laser lights, smoke haze, new dance moves, bring back the thriller, afros, crazy fashion, a lot of pop culture stuff, including leg warmers, aerobics skills, arcades where kids waste simoleons playing too many arcade games, etc.

New Worlds pack: After reaching the Alien planet Sixam, you can collaborate if your skills are high enough to help construct and craft to explore new worlds and meet older versions of Sims from The Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, etc. And even revisit those places from previous sim games, meeting all those other characters. Either that, or, it's exactly like spore, but doing it from the control center of Sims, and piloting a ship through space, etc. A Get To Work element of space travel. And could have a whole different game dynamic then, plus the everyday living of looking after a crew of sims.

There are endless ideas, but just no one doing them.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    edited July 2022
    - Forgotten Hollow is a very small town, missing vampire hangouts. Maybe vampire themed lounge should be included in bigger city, or new supernatural themed downtown should be introduced, with full of bars and stuff.
    - Graveyard should be added for base game, also Funeral Event. Death is heart broking experience, but we simmers also play with "death"
    - Underwater for mermaids is a cool idea. Also secret islands would be nice too. I also belive, treasure hunting via maps would be nice addition for Island Living pack
    Post edited by JinxIndigo on
  • Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2022
    Strangerville and Forgotten Hollow definitely need more lots, Glimmerbrook could use an entire rework and also more lots, and we could use an overhaul of City Living, allowing multiple households on the same lot (like Sims 2), and allowing us to completely change the layout of San Myshuno apartments.

Also, the alien party lot from Get To Work, it would be great if it used the Community Space/Auditorium feature, with different lot states saved on a single lot; that way, we would be able to edit it without it getting overwritten.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I just want something in the alien world in GTW I went there after my sim did all that work in science and it was very underwhelming nothing was there I was like you could've at least give a wow factor something.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I just want something in the alien world in GTW I went there after my sim did all that work in science and it was very underwhelming nothing was there I was like you could've at least give a wow factor something.

The alien world should be like, an unlockable alien neighborhood, with a couple of lots instead of just one. You should be able to make alien households and everything.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Worlds from Vampires, Realm of Magic and Werewolves deserves more lots.

Del Sol Valley needs some beach lots

Selvadorada and Granitefalls needs residential lots

Underwater lots for mermaids and scuba diving in Sulani

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Lorenerd11 wrote: »

The alien world should be like, an unlockable alien neighborhood, with a couple of lots instead of just one. You should be able to make alien households and everything.

Agreed. I found the alien world, while cool, to be very underwhelming. Where do those aliens live? I want to see their homes! I want to see where they work! I want to see how they acquire food! Maybe add some alien animals as well. Some sort of alien pets would be neat.

I don't remember seeing a lot.
    There is always a lot.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm not sure adding additional lots is something they'd ever consider base upon this statement from a Guru back in 2016:
    We don’t go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots.

https://simsvip.com/2016/09/21/sims-4-city-living-simgurueugi-explains-apartment-limitations/
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    - I also belive, treasure hunting via maps would be nice addition for Island Living pack
    How original. I love it.

I don't think they will touch on aliens any more in the Sims 4 considering how they did the animals in what was suppose to be a farming pack and the pushing together of high schools and the fair( I love both ideas, just separate and more fleshed out) instead of a pack of each and fleshing it out better( adding grade school, daycare, babysitting, and maybe an adoption agency with schools and making a real fair with possibly a petting zoo and aquatic world to go see with a ticket thing to pay at to go in and world like they did with GTW(not putting in any homes/bars/ect. just the main stuff) with just the businesses and fleshing them out.

It seems to be a main theme in the Sims4 not to flesh out any pack but to put unrelated ideas together with as little new stuff as possible and to load packs with copies of junk we already have in spades like more furniture, ect. Meanwhile, farms, schools, the fair, underwater worlds(unless they surprise with a makeover), and other themes they've touched on will never be added to more than likely.
    I'm not sure adding additional lots is something they'd ever consider base upon this statement from a Guru back in 2016:
    We don’t go back to shipped worlds and change the lot/neighborhood configuration, because that might negatively impact your existing lots.

https://simsvip.com/2016/09/21/sims-4-city-living-simgurueugi-explains-apartment-limitations/

Never have seen that. That said, they did in the Sims 3. They went back after adding the ability to go into water and you could even go in and add if you had Island Paradise. That goes to show how limited Sims 4 is compared to Sims 3. No color wheel, no making your own world, no controlling all your household sims in the same world, no placing lots anywhere you want, no infants freed, no underwater world released with mermaids(which is crazy) ect. That figures and is the reason I basically give up on the Sims 4 and am extremely wary of ever buying Sims 5. I don't want another Sims game that is limited like the Sims 4 where you aren't in control of anything. Another closed world game where college, highschool, grades school isn't done together like it should be because they are all the same theme and they had a bunch of this done with the college EP. Farms should really have lots of farm animals and farm equipment that really have gameplay and not stuck animals and a bunch of woodland stuff and a bunch of furniture that we already have 20 copies of instead of fleshing out the games. I see this as a huge setback in the Sims 4. They flesh nothing out and they can't even go back now and add to what they have? No underwater world for mermaids in a mermaid pack. We had a complete full human world, real dive lots, a huge dive lot to dive in and collect, shark interactions, houseboats to live on and drive, resorts, and the ability to make resorts in other worlds/make your own. Sims 4 seems to be about limitations and not freedom to do what you want in a sims game. Thanks for letting me know. That is a real downer. They really dropped the ball making the Sims 4 so quickly. It has some good stuff in it such as roofs, being able to set properties and move them in build, adding to the household easily through the neighborhood in the editing households, the removal of CAS stuff like rings ect all at once and easily, getting in and out of CAS quickly, saving quickly, lot traits, and several other things, but the emotions thing isn't as big with me. It can get in the way of storytelling for me and I hate it when something happens at work/school and then they're in a bad mood when you have plans for when they get home. They made some great improvements but when you compare the amount of stuff in the Sims 3(store included) to 4 then it's just staggering how less we are getting. We never get content and I miss getting a bunch of content. They should've kept all the teams; we need more people working on packs not less.
    There is always a lot.

I do not remember seeing a lot was it a bar because that sounds like Sims 3.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited August 2022
    Get to Work

Fashion Designer active career, including sewing skill, sewing machine, sewing clutter and drawing board. Also better aliens

Get Together

Bass and drums as new musical instruments and skills, plus pool table, more interactions for swimming pools, including volleyball net, bar and normal sized diving boards.

City Living

Mimes, Gabby the Mime return, more exercise machines and gym equipment, water heater/boiler gameplay

Cats & Dogs

Dog walker, walk with more than 1 dog, dog houses for outside

Seasons

A world! Apple blobbing, lawn mowing, swimming pool cleaning, composting bin, hail, mist, more thermostat items like air conditioner units

Get Famous

Two beach lots

Discover University

Saxophone as new musical instrument and skill, mid adult as new life stage (BG update as well)

Island Living

Better mermaids, real scuba diving instead rabbit hole, oceanography career

Eco Lifestyle

Water heaters and boilers, more harvestables, new variant of dew collector and wood chopping for off the grid appliances

Snowy Escape

Karate as skill and Tai Chi like activity.

Cottage Living

Butter churning, cheese making, goat, sheep

My Wedding Stories

Glassblowing as new skill and pizza oven

Dine Out

A WHOLE REFRESH!!!!! Including air and deep fryer, juice squeezer and maybe nectar making

StrangerVille

Reward items like lie detector, surgery station and obstacle course, like in TS2.

Jungle Adventure

Bird pets, pottery as new skill and nectar making. Also new residential lots.

Outdoor Retreat

Axe throwing, log rolling, archery, swimming in Granite Falls lake and residential lots.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    At this point my main want is for Get Famous world to get another 5 lots added at the beach we see on the map but does not exist in game now a few more middleclass lots and its own playable High School lot added.

Get to Work world is a joke especially for an expansion and needs more lots or moved to Willow Creek where it belongs.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    I was just thinking that about those two lots close to the water tower in Copperdale, i wouldnt mind building them !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker