Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small appliance you want!

Comments

• LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    Another
    All of them please! I use kitchen appliances so much in game, if we could only have one I guess thermostat items could come with a seasons refresh. sorry if this was already asked for but a rice maker would be sweet. <3
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Another
    As an aside, I just discovered a 2nd air fryer in the cabinet that I forgot about. LOL.

Ooh, breadmaker is another one I forgot. They were all the rage in the 90s. Got gifted for raffles a lot. We had one but the bread always came out super dense.

I'll have to add that to my list to make collages of. And the thermostats are good. Ooh, thermometers for checking food temp is another thing I need to look up.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Cotton candy machine
    I think they will only add new appliances if they are going to add several new dishes to go with them. With bread, I don't like that sims essentially eat bread as a dish instead of as a side food. Maybe they should give us a candy hook, so sims could make candy for Spookyfest and Winterfest. Or cookie cutter set or cookie press so sims could make cookies and gingerbread.
    Another
    For some people bread is a meal but it's not all that nutritious. Cookie cutters would be neat. If you find any images of stuff let me know. I make collages of items I would like in the game.
  • ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    Another
    A toaster with options to make different kinds of toast. But I would be ecstatic to see any of these in the game.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Another
    Suceress wrote: »
    As an aside, I just discovered a 2nd air fryer in the cabinet that I forgot about. LOL.

Ooh, breadmaker is another one I forgot. They were all the rage in the 90s. Got gifted for raffles a lot. We had one but the bread always came out super dense.

I'll have to add that to my list to make collages of. And the thermostats are good. Ooh, thermometers for checking food temp is another thing I need to look up.

I remember those breadmakers. I would never buy one because they were all lined in Teflon like most one-use-only appliances so popular then. People figured out during covid that it's easier just to make bread in the oven, too, so that might be why no one wants breadmakers anymore, plus few people want to eat and breathe Teflon anymore now that we know how bad it is.

Those things did make terrible bread, too! 😆

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Another
    @ignominiusrex I must be out-of-touch because I didn't realize Teflon was such a problem. But then, I lived on a military base where the radon meter was broken, got exposed to a ton of radon, and the tap water wasn't potable (but they didn't tell us that) and everyone was getting kidney stones and feeling sick all the time. We never bought the bread makers but we got a couple at raffles. At one raffle my mother won a bread maker, she said she didn't want it and told them to pull another name. They pulled my brother's name-- he said "no". They pulled mine next. Told them to let someone else have a shot so eventually another person got it.

Meat thermometer was the term I was thinking of earlier. Is that considered an appliance or a tool?

I'm trying to remember who made the working toaster cc... I'm thinking of making a thread in the CC section and getting people to list CC for kitchen stuff.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Another
    Yeah, military bases are sadly notorious for being built on superfund sites and otherwise exposing recruits to levels of contaminants even in living quarters. No one expects safety on a battlefield but hazardous air and water on base or at boot camp is something else. It's a national disgrace among many regarding our treatment of troops and vets. 🤢

Not sure what kind of meat thermometer you mean, but mine is just a thing you stick into the meat with a dial on the end, so that's a tool that goes in the drawer along with the pastry cutter, whisk, and potato masher. To me, appliances are generally electrical and large enough that they can't be put in a drawer and often sit on the counter, like a stand mixer, toaster oven, blender, etc. But it's all semantics, because I call a screwdriver a tool, but I don't call and electric drill an appliance, and even a table saw is a tool. 😄
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited July 2022
    Another
    Yeah, the military housing situation can suck, but at least the ones we were in were designed to withstand bombing so we made it through a supertyphoon safely. Gusts got up to 260mph before the meter broke. No power for 4 months on a tropical island was not fun.

Good point on the meat thermometer fitting in a drawer. It's smaller than a breadbox so maybe too small to be called an appliance. LOL. You described the meat thermometer the way I was picturing it. I did make pictures on my desktop but its not wanting to recognize my wifi adapter so it won't connect to the internet. I'm currently trying to find a new APC for it.

I know its more a gadget that can fit in a drawer, but I'm thinking a digital cookbook that hangs down from a pull-down holder on the underside of a wall cabinet might be cool. Maybe it could boost sims cooking ability or boost their learning by giving the right ambiance/mood.

Does the game already have an ice cream churn or ice cream maker? I wouldn't mind some appliances meant for commercial/restaurant kitchens- like a soda dispenser, a milkshake machine, and those big things that hold tea. Some sort of ice machine as well. Those might be considered too large for small appliance.

A portable cooktop for single pan/pot might be nice in a small kitchen and it can go in inventory when not in use.
    Cotton candy machine
    Suceress wrote: »
    Yeah, the military housing situation can suck, but at least the ones we were in were designed to withstand bombing so we made it through a supertyphoon safely. Gusts got up to 260mph before the meter broke. No power for 4 months on a tropical island was not fun.

Good point on the meat thermometer fitting in a drawer. It's smaller than a breadbox so maybe too small to be called an appliance. LOL. You described the meat thermometer the way I was picturing it. I did make pictures on my desktop but its not wanting to recognize my wifi adapter so it won't connect to the internet. I'm currently trying to find a new APC for it.

I know its more a gadget that can fit in a drawer, but I'm thinking a digital cookbook that hangs down from a pull-down holder on the underside of a wall cabinet might be cool. Maybe it could boost sims cooking ability or boost their learning by giving the right ambiance/mood.

Does the game already have an ice cream churn or ice cream maker? I wouldn't mind some appliances meant for commercial/restaurant kitchens- like a soda dispenser, a milkshake machine, and those big things that hold tea. Some sort of ice machine as well. Those might be considered too large for small appliance.

A portable cooktop for single pan/pot might be nice in a small kitchen and it can go in inventory when not in use.

Maybe they could have a digital cookbook on the tablet. As for small appliances, how about a small fondue set for chocolate and cheese.

10441735826_0.jpg

fondue-rot3_ml.jpg

cheese_fondue_set_montana_-_white_-_black.jpg
    Another
    @crocobaura Ooh, I like the fondue sets. I've never actually seen one in person. I always think about Captain America whenever I hear fondue. LOL. I'll have to make a collage with fondue sets.

For now, I am listing meat thermometers with pics just in case someone wants them out on a counter or shelf. Would be nice if they could be used and boost cooking though. Reduce chance or messing up the dish perhaps.
    bf3dc4d253935669470132317d018831069dc1c1.pnj

Since I was on an Iron Chef kick, how about an anti-griddle and an immersion circulator? (pics to come later).
    Cotton candy machine
    Maybe, in order to save space needed for so many appliance, they could give us a kitchen robot, the kind that has an engine and different attachments, so it's both a blender, meat grinder, coffee grinder, vegetable shredder and spiralizer, mixer, pasta maker, sausage maker, etc. at the same time. We would need to upgrade it to get full functionality, but it will only take one counter space.

Principala-New-scaled.jpg

kitchenaidc2ae-artisanc2ae-mini-stand-mixer-with-spiralizer-attachment-3-hr.jpg

delimano-kitchen-robot-deluxe-slika-95799143.jpg
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Deep fryer
    I also really want the food processor back. I miss it.
    Another
    @crocobaura That is very cool! I knew it can have a pasta maker but not the meat grinder and cutter (or whatever its doing to the zuccini/cucumber).

I found something about what appliances they use on Iron Chef Gauntlet and they had stuff I didn't even knew existed. Like an immersion circulator. Then there's the griddle, anti-griddle, ice cream maker/churn, ice maker, etc. I made collages for some of them. Haven't made collages for waffle irons and food steamers yet.

Immersion circulator/water bath/water oven
    26268f9908922c68df0ba84b5c3df0603b7e6240.pnj

Anti-griddle
    11d4fa04ae2901702671f5f3fe672159c3b35c7a.pnj

Griddle
    5422b3f71e3ecc01943d9637d07c0ad5cd06163b.pnj

Ice cream maker/churn
    2b8ea187fd0d0836ae60a8b2c3434fc3fc926428.pnj

Ice maker
    7292ace28a68dcdfaecd765a10f59e88620abe54.pnj
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    Another
    A standard old teapot and kettle. None of this tea-maker thingy or ornate tea sets.
    Another
    I will also add waffle irons, pressure fryers, and steamers.
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    Deep fryer
    I definitely want Toasters, Kettles to make English Tea
    Functional Teapots
    Irons
    Juicer
    Deep Fryers and Air Fryers
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    Blender, toaster, single-serve coffee and tea maker probably top my list, but I'd also really like a countertop cupcake machine. I literally never have used the one in game because it's way too big, and it's dumb to need CC for that stuff.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Another
    i have enough small appliances in my sims home ewhich are a popcorn maker an ice cream maker a tea maker a foundue/drink fountain and a microwave
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    Khebab machine
    The fountain from Luxury Party allows you to make caramel apples as well as fondue. IMO, would be a waste of effort to add a new appliance just for those features.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    Another
    I'd like an air fryer, toaster, a smaller cupcake maker (like one of those little mini bundt cake makers that you use on the countertop, I got one for Christmas, they're great), a kettle, etc.
  • LucaslovesgamesLucaslovesgames Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2023
    Deep fryer
    Definitely a Kettle to make cups of tea like we do in the UK and also add a teapot too, would be nice to have a juicer and toaster to the game too, being able to make your own juice and toast, they should also make it possible to bake cupcakes in the oven too.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Deep fryer
    If
    Eleri wrote: »
    The fountain from Luxury Party allows you to make caramel apples as well as fondue. IMO, would be a waste of effort to add a new appliance just for those features.

mention of them wish EA update their old small appliance to co-pack and more recipe
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    Cotton candy machine
    A slushy drinks machine and a candy machine.