Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you up to today?

124...Next

Comments

• KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited July 2022
    What am I up to today? Well, I got home about an hour ago after finishing my morning hair appointments. My only afternoon appointment (at 1:30) canceled, so I'm going to eat lunch here today and relax a bit.

I'll be heading back to the salon in about a hour or so to have my own hair cut and colored by one of the ladies I work with. We have a system worked out where we pay each other for the products used and don't charge for the time spent whenever one of us does the other's hair. It's always fun to get your own hair done when you spend so much time working with other people's hair all the time.

So, I've been thinking for a while now that I'm ready to try having my hair a bit shorter. We're going to discuss it in more detail, but I'm thinking a style that's around shoulder length sounds like a nice change. As far as the color goes, I'll most likely stick with the same shade that I've been doing for a while now since I like it so much. It's called cinnamon brown, which is a medium brunette shade with subtle reddish highlights. Not sure if it will show up correctly, but I've attempted to upload a sample image of what the color looks like below.
    6077305173e1c756e68c36f9f73506a5.jpg

@Renée09: I hope you feel better soon and am really sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Hopefully you'll get to try out the new TS4 pack. It sounds like it could be a lot of fun. I'm probably going to wait until there's a sale or some other deal since it looks like the pack is priced quite high ($40) right now.
    Post edited by Kendrana on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    edited August 2022
    Haven't done it yet cuz it's still 5am today. But I'mma be fasting.

And also make some cheap ground beef wellington. 👏😂 For the first time. Wish me luck.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Sorry you've been having a rough time with your health @Renée09. I hope you're feeling better soon and that the heat stays away to help you feel better.

I'm in a similar spot myself. It hasn't put me in the hospital but I've been really unwell with the heat, too. I don't do much but sleep and work cuz it's all I can really handle.

Anyway today I have to work, yuck. But I was watching the pokemon presents earlier and learning about the new games in November so that was fun and me and my friend are chatting a lot about it and after work a YouTuber I like did a live reaction to it so I'm going to watch that after and maybe play a little pokemon cause there's still a lot I want to do in previous games before the new ones come out.

Also I have to try and prepare for a trip I'm taking on the weekend. Gotta stop by a store that has camera stuff on the way home cuz my camera bag strap broke and one of my lens filters so I need to replace those and I wanna try and pack most of my stuff. Boring but at least I can watch pokemon stuff while packing to make it less boring.
    edited August 2022
    Renée09 wrote: »
    I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to you. I'm sorry.
    Hi Renée, there's no need to worry about how long it took to reply. Just be sure and take care of yourself. Whatever you're going through with your health sounds really serious if you've been in the hospital. I really hope you get to feeling better soon.

I hope your hair cut went well and you were pleased with the color you had in. I can't remember last time I had color done been ages. I like the system you got set up with the ladies at the salon that sounds nice and like it could be a lot of fun. I thought maybe you cut your own hair sat in front of a mirror or something. But I guess that would be a bit hard to do when it comes to the back and sides.
    Thanks! Both the cut and color went really well and I'm very pleased with the result. And yes, it's definitely hard to cut your own hair and have it turn out nicely. Just like when coloring hair it makes a huge difference when cutting it if you're able to see from all angles.

Did you go for the shorter hair? And that cinnamon color is so pretty. I bet you look brill if you have that. The pic sample looks amazing. I'm tempted to get that now lol. Maybe when I'm better.
    Yes, I did end up going for a shorter hairstyle. It was around five inches below my shoulders and now it's right at my shoulders. I was a bit hesitant to have that much trimmed off, but now I'm really happy that I finally decided to go for it. Shoulder length hair is fun because it's still long enough to put into an updo or ponytail but short enough that it's easy to manage and maintain while wearing down.

Thanks for the nice compliment on the cinnamon hair color. People have told me that it's a good fit with my olive skin tone and that it really makes my green eyes stand out. Out of the shades that I've had my hair dyed, this particular one is definitely my favorite. If you want subtle reddish tones and have brown hair then this shade is a really good choice.
    d6NMG350.jpg
    Here's another example picture. My hair color looks just like that right now.

If you'd like the pack before a sale then let me know and I can gift it to you
    That's really kind of you to offer, but I think I'll wait like I usually do. From what people are saying, the game is really buggy again after the patch was released last week. It sounds like the developers need to take some time out to fix the issues in both the Werewolves and High School packs in order for the game to be fully enjoyable like it should be.
  • DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    House chores out of the way, I am aiming to finish a home build I started on TS4 so I can upload it as my first!
    Also trying to forget its Monday tomorrow. :#
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
    edited August 2022
    Gotta do laundry now. I'm on a fast today (fasting on Monday to Wed) and then I'm gonna do 4 workouts (2 cardio, weight resistance and 1 ab workout) a day. I've finished my one cardio and weight resistance. Two more to go later today! 😃 I'm glad I can work from home today so I can do my workout at 4pm. Hehe.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited September 2022
    @Kendrana hi how have you been? Hope you've had a nice week. I'm ok thanks. Today was a bit meh at times and I've been feeling super cold despite it being so hot but I'm ok. It's cooling now the sun is setting.
    Hi Renée. I've been doing well and had a good week (and weekend). Thank you for asking.

It sounds like you're having quite the hot summer in the U.K. I don't keep track of the weather there all that well, but 37C sounds unusually high. Where I live, we normally get temperatures at and above 90F (32C) from the last week of June through the first week of September. This year we've had a lot of days with temperatures above 100F (38C) and there were a few a while back that were around 110F (43C).

I'm so glad and happy you enjoyed having your hair cut and liked the color it sounds lovely. I like shoulder length hair to its still stylable but when you go long hair it is hard to keep nice and tidy. I struggle with it when its long. My hairs long now and its a mess doesn't look nice at all.
    Thanks! Yes, I agree with you that long hair is harder to keep up with. I've actually had my hair below my shoulders for the majority of my life. The last time my hair was shoulder length (or shorter) was at least six years ago now. After graduating from cosmetology school I decided to try having my hair lightened to blonde and cut to around the length of my chin (similar to this). That was a fun experience and it looked okay on me, but I soon discovered that maintaining a much lighter hair color was going to be more work than I was willing to deal with on a long term basis, so about a year later decided to go back closer to my natural color.

Oh it sounds a perfect match for you. Did you know people with green eyes are meant to be really smart. I read that somewhere.
    Yes, I think it is a perfect match or very close to it. My natural color is a rather ordinary shade of medium brown, but when I was young it was more of a reddish brown. At some point in my early teenage years it lost what little red it had.

Interesting, I hadn't heard that about people with green eyes. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I am a very smart person. However, since I prefer to be modest I don't talk about it all that often. Neither of my parents or my three siblings have green eyes. My mom often tells me how fortunate I am to have that eye color since so few people do.

That's a lovely pic I should so get that color as my hair is brown. My skin is super pale though so not sure it will suit me.
    To be honest, this particular shade could wash you out a bit if you have pale skin. This may be especially true if you have cool skin undertones. Neutral or warm undertones are probably going to be a better fit with this particular shade of hair color. If you don't already know, there are several good ways to tell what your undertones are (see this image). Of course, it's always a good idea to consult with a stylist since they're trained to make that determination for you and are going to have a good idea which hair colors are most suitable. There's a relatively good possibility that there's a fitting shade for you that is similar to the one I've been showing you pictures of - if it turns out that it doesn't suit you.
    You just look so amazing and beautiful with that style and color!
    Thanks so much for your kind complements! :)

Hopefully you're doing better and are able to stay cool enough over the next few days. Have a wonderful day and take care!
    Post edited by Kendrana on
    Hi @dreamerz13 how have you been? Are you feeling better now? Hopefully it's been less hot for you. It was cooler here but today was hot again about 27 which I struggled with. On Tuesday they think it will reach 30 and then Wednesday 37 so I really don't know how I'm going to cope with that. I'm sure will be fine though.

That's cool about pokemon I didn't know a new game is coming out I'll have to try and get that. Is your work going ok? I hope your ok and lots better than you were.

I hope you had a lovely time on your trip :) sounds lots of fun for you. X

It's still hot here we had a couples days break from it last week but it's warmed right back up. Supposed to be around 30 all week. 37? My goodness that is a hot one stay safe in the heat. Hopefully it'll end for you soon

Work is terrible right now. Glad I just had 4 days off from it and it's under 2 months until my actual vacation off work lol.

The trip was fantastic. Sad it's over. Coming home from deep in the mountains is always so hard for me. So so gorgeous out there.

I hope you're doing okay other than the heat and hopefully it'll cool off soon for you.
    Princesss wrote: »
    Well today I'm in hospital, I rushed to get back to my Sims game and fell down the stairs. :D Note to self get an elevator! LOL.
    I'm hoping they'll let me go home soon and then I can get back to my Sims game. :)

Oh my goodness I hope you're okay! Wishing you a speedy recovery for any injuries.
    I received my Vanish merch order today. I ordered only one t-shirt but to my surprise, my bois sent me 2 of their other shirts and their 2 CDs as gifts!! I don't deserve these guys. 😭😭😭

imky7bL.jpg

421-4219978_homem-tendo-infarto-png-heart-attack-man-meme.png
    832XG3D.gif