This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Problems Since the Latest Patch

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    David8_Ly wrote: »
    > @CattyAuntBetsy said:
    > Hey, Copperdale is ONLY available if you BUY the XP "High School Years".

I have three locked worlds shown on display for destination worlds (Tartosa, Britechester, and Glimmerbrook),but Copperdale is currently not listed as one of them which is strange. Also, Britechester from University Life is an expansion pack.

Did you update today? Do you have mods?

• Options
    David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    > @CattyAuntBetsy said:
    > Did you update today? Do you have mods?

I updated today. I use very few mods. Only MCCC, a mod for adding more traits, and very recent mods used for fixing bugs related to the cellphone and some traits. To be honest even before I got the other two mods Copperdale never appeared as one of my Destination Worlds. Both before July 28th and even after that which is surprising. If there is anyone who is able to see Copperdale as a locked world, but does not own the High School expansion pack yet it would be good to let me know.
  • Options
    > @CattyAuntBetsy said:
    > Did you update today? Do you have mods?

I updated today. I use very few mods. Only MCCC, a mod for adding more traits, and very recent mods used for fixing bugs related to the cellphone and some traits. To be honest even before I got the other two mods Copperdale never appeared as one of my Destination Worlds. Both before July 28th and even after that which is surprising. If there is anyone who is able to see Copperdale as a locked world, but does not own the High School expansion pack yet it would be good to let me know.

Well... Copy your save folder; your mod folder. (and move them on your desktop).
    Those folders in your documents should be empty.
    Just a remainder, every time you update, erase, change, a mod, you HAVE to delete the "local cache files".
    Repair the game and see. Then if nothing works: Clean install.

• Options
    I temporarily removed all of my mods, but that did not resolve anything and Copperdale is still missing from destination worlds. Once I get the most up to date mods (including MCC) for the few mods that I actually use I will try to follow your instructions and see if that resolves anything. Worst case scenario as a last resort is needing to reinstall The Sims 4 before I can even find Copperdale as one of my locked worlds.
  • Options
    I temporarily removed all of my mods, but that did not resolve anything and Copperdale is still missing from destination worlds. Once I get the most up to date mods (including MCC) for the few mods that I actually use I will try to follow your instructions and see if that resolves anything. Worst case scenario as a last resort is needing to reinstall The Sims 4 before I can even find Copperdale as one of my locked worlds.

I know the pain, but really do a clean install, just to make sure.

Hey, we are a community , I'll help if I can.

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    [quote=
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I just wanted to add that I have never used CC or Mods, (because I don't know how to haha) so these are not related to mods/cc breaking from the patch. It seems that is always the go to response from EA each time bugs emerge but it just isn't the case.

Yeah, I’m the same way, I have never used mods or CC in my sims 4 either, so I know none of my problems can ever be from that. And it hasn’t been till the last 3 years that I have really seen many bugs that are a real problem. The worst bug I have had, and it still happens sometimes is the plants turning to dirt.

I haven’t updated yet for the 7/26 patch because I have a very old rotational save I don’t want messed up because of the aging problem.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    [quote=
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I just wanted to add that I have never used CC or Mods, (because I don't know how to haha) so these are not related to mods/cc breaking from the patch. It seems that is always the go to response from EA each time bugs emerge but it just isn't the case.

Yeah, I’m the same way, I have never used mods or CC in my sims 4 either, so I know none of my problems can ever be from that. And it hasn’t been till the last 3 years that I have really seen many bugs that are a real problem. The worst bug I have had, and it still happens sometimes is the plants turning to dirt.

I haven’t updated yet for the 7/26 patch because I have a very old rotational save I don’t want messed up because of the aging problem.

Copy/Paste your mod and save folder on your desktop . Then to a clean install . No Mods. Delete the entire Sims 4 folder. If you need mods install 1 by 1. See what happens .
  • Options

I know the pain, but really do a clean install, just to make sure.

Hey, we are a community , I'll help if I can.

I tried to repair the game from Origin in addition to deleting the thumbnail cache and even temporarily moving out my save and mod folder, but that did not help resolve my problem and Copperdale is still missing. Assuming that it does mess up my gameplay from the reinstallation process I suppose I will have no choice, but see what happens after I attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that brings The Copperdale world along with it. I would like to assume that once I reinstall The Sims 4 then all of the packs I had spent money on would be useable again as well. When I originally tried to repair The SIms 4 it said that the attempt "failed" and that 9 files were missing. Important to keep in mind that I only moved out the mod and save folders in addition to me delating thumbnailcache temporary file before starting to make the repair.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 625 Member
    My games keep reverting back to day one every time I play them. Even if I save several times. So far it only seems to affect my long lifespan saves.

I'm getting it on normal lifespan - both aging on and aging off - makes playing absolutely worthless since it won't recognize the save process - i had seven 'save as' saves to revert to to test and they all go back to the same point regardless of which one I load. I wouldn't play any game that you are trying to progress in as this just erases everything that you have done.

I've tested with and without mods, regenerated the sims 4 folder, repaired the game. There is no difference.

There's a bug report on it but who knows when/if this will get fixed. With it acting this way, this whole game is unplayable and not worth putting in the time.
  • Options
    I tried to repair the game from Origin in addition to deleting the thumbnail cache and even temporarily moving out my save and mod folder, but that did not help resolve my problem and Copperdale is still missing. Assuming that it does mess up my gameplay from the reinstallation process I suppose I will have no choice, but see what happens after I attempt to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that brings The Copperdale world along with it. I would like to assume that once I reinstall The Sims 4 then all of the packs I had spent money on would be useable again as well. When I originally tried to repair The SIms 4 it said that the attempt "failed" and that 9 files were missing. Important to keep in mind that I only moved out the mod and save folders in addition to me delating thumbnailcache temporary file before starting to make the repair.[/quote]

There definitely files missing. You should reinstall. I'm sorry for you. Hope it will work.

• Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited August 2022
    Several things are NOT working or out of order. I see they only have tried to fix very few bugs. My decision is, that if I can play with the rest, I will never have any update or patch again.

Besides, just before the first "patch" I cleaned, repaired and reinstalled my game, starting a brand new, so I am NOT doing that again right now!
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Several hours of gameplay later. Aging is fine. I log back in and try "Resume" and "Play" from a save, and everything is as it was, before I started playing last. No progression.
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 625 Member
    Taoron wrote: »
    Several hours of gameplay later. Aging is fine. I log back in and try "Resume" and "Play" from a save, and everything is as it was, before I started playing last. No progression.

Are you using any mods with this? I am having the same issue and trying to track down the reason for it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    I just updated my game the evening of August 2nd after the aging emergency patch came out ( I didn’t update July 26rh because most of my games are aging off on long lifespan ). I just wanted to say my game seems to be working fine, I updated gender preferences on all played sims in one rotational save and hair on my male sims in that same save and played for about a day ( sims in game day ) , and I don’t seem to have an aging problem.

I use no mods or CC and have not yet bought the new High School Years Expansion.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The worst part is, when he got the pop-up, she was actually in his home, visiting his daughter. He was shaving his beard and she was right outside the bathroom door like a stalker :lol:

He does look younger than his age, and she asked him to go to prom as friends, which he declined of course. I don’t if it’s sad, cringe or funny.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    - Molly invited my sim’s DAD to prom.
    I feel bad for finding this absolutely hilarious :lol: maybe he looked young for his age :sweat_smile:

It's all of the above: sad, cringe and funny. :D I've been lucky to have not downloaded the latest update yet, it's even more of a mess. It's already a patch for a patch, and now we're going to need a patch for this patch.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Taoron wrote: »

Are you using any mods with this? I am having the same issue and trying to track down the reason for it.

Yeah. I emptied my folder and tested and it stopped. I need to figure out what the cause is.