Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone's ignoring the biggest bug in the game! You can't raise your grade by going to high school!

Am I the only one who is livid that the only way your sims can get their high school grade up is to take the exam, pass it, and then send your sim to school alone the next day? If you have to send your sim alone after the exam, it defeats the purpose of the entire pack. And it was pointed out by James Turner, a GameChanger during Early Access and was not fixed in the Emergency Patch. (August 2nd) And what I find baffling is that no one seems to be bothered all that much about it. I'm bothered by it. I'm not being distracted by cute CAS and BB. The point of the pack is active school and it's bugged, if you ignore that, you've paid $40 for decent CAS and BB, which would have probably been made similar by a CC creator, Boba Tea (which we don't have where I live and I've never had), a lame social media system that promotes bullying, proms every week, career day that does nothing, and a rabbit hole amusement park. It's so sad. They could have given us online dating, yes I know there's a dating mod, I have it. but we have a scripted social media system and streaming when we already had it? SMH. I just want to take my sims to school every day and have it mean something.

Comments

• Options
    RabidChildRabidChild Posts: 1 New Member
    You’re NOT the only one! I went to play a family with first day of high school falling on a Friday… no one was ready for the exam & everyone fell to a “D” student🤬
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I didn't know this was a problem. I'll have to look out for it, people been mentioning a lot of bugs but it's good that someone brought this to attention and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Actually, When I was testing for the calendar holiday on a Friday because households with teens can't set holidays now, only households without teens can set holidays on exam days/Fridays. My student sim didn't get a notification for me to follow them on exam day. I think you are saying here that you don't get to follow the student on exam day, I sent my student alone and I got a notification that he aced the exam.

(The Friday holiday also did show up which is another issue, I made the holiday to where students don't have to go to school and that's why I thought the prompt to follow them didn't appear.) So now it seems we have to send sims alone on exam day just to get their grades up. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I haven't had this particular issue but my one Sim who I didn't even really concentrate on much when they were in high school with their sister, ended up getting to graduate with honors! He even got detention once because he missed class. So yeah, not sure how that happened.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    Guys, it gets worse...I just saw WhinyBrit's latest video, you're not going to be happy when you see it...https://youtube.com/watch?v=HxpGVDuc6RU Major issues with the timeline, you lose a week that you could be in Uni waiting for high school graduation...unless, you can be in Uni and it will just take you to high school graduation...but I refuse to play my game until they fix the grade bug because the point of the pack is active high school and it's broken. Keep making your voice heard. They took or money and ran with their ridiculous no refunds on DLC policy.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This issue is currently under investigation by the Sims Team.

AHQ thread (including workaround) can be found here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    I just stopped going to school, I just send my sim alone. He is an A student now.
    Man, so many bugs in this pack...
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Didn't have this problem. But my sim entered high school with a B grade from his elementary whiz kid grades. Don't know if that made a difference, but it only had to go up once and stay there. Anyway, it did go up to A at the end of the first week while joining him at school. Must have been lucky.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Diassa wrote: »
    I just stopped going to school, I just send my sim alone. He is an A student now.

yup, thats what I did when I needed an A for a scenario. It is very weird that turning up to class and working hard doesnt raise your grades though.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Guys, it gets worse...I just saw WhinyBrit's latest video, you're not going to be happy when you see it...https://youtube.com/watch?v=HxpGVDuc6RU Major issues with the timeline, you lose a week that you could be in Uni waiting for high school graduation...unless, you can be in Uni and it will just take you to high school graduation...but I refuse to play my game until they fix the grade bug because the point of the pack is active high school and it's broken. Keep making your voice heard. They took or money and ran with their ridiculous no refunds on DLC policy.

It takes an entire week for the graduation to take place? While I don't personally mind the wait, I have found that my straight A student becomes a Drop-out upon aging up. Now, some have said, they can still go to graduation, but it's not happening in my game. A guide for this EP would be a great idea! For me, this is just a Flashback save, which is why I don't mind the wait. My YA, Global Superstar is in my Main Save. He's still married to his hs sweetheart and they have six children. Both of the parents have already graduated from Britechester-U with Distinguished Degrees. So, this was just to take him through his high school years. But, still, I'm vexed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2022
    What even triggers graduation now? That's something I wish they had covered in the live stream because I have no clue how to actually do it. Is it supposed to happen when your teen sims age up to YA?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Am I the only one who is livid that the only way your sims can get their high school grade up is to take the exam, pass it, and then send your sim to school alone the next day? If you have to send your sim alone after the exam, it defeats the purpose of the entire pack. And it was pointed out by James Turner, a GameChanger during Early Access and was not fixed in the Emergency Patch. (August 2nd) And what I find baffling is that no one seems to be bothered all that much about it. I'm bothered by it. I'm not being distracted by cute CAS and BB. The point of the pack is active school and it's bugged, if you ignore that, you've paid $40 for decent CAS and BB, which would have probably been made similar by a CC creator, Boba Tea (which we don't have where I live and I've never had), a lame social media system that promotes bullying, proms every week, career day that does nothing, and a rabbit hole amusement park. It's so sad. They could have given us online dating, yes I know there's a dating mod, I have it. but we have a scripted social media system and streaming when we already had it? SMH. I just want to take my sims to school every day and have it mean something.

I'm expecting this to be fixed in the patch this month.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I had two Sims going to high school, one had the grade change right after the exams, the other I had to send alone the next school day for the grade to change, While this is frustrating, it isn't as frustrating to me as some of the other bugs, mainly because I don't follow them every day anyway. Graduation didn't start for me, I had to manually send my Sims to the auditorium at 6pm on Sunday night, and the ceremony was happening, but my Sims were not participating, they could watch and if I clicked on the podium when the principle was handing out diplomas I could send them to get a diploma, but one of my Sims was supposed to be valedictorian, yet at the ceremony she wasn't, another Sim gave the speech. So many bugs.