This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Patch Update Is Out 8/2 (Console Patch Now Available)

Comments

• Options
    SimminDragonSimminDragon Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2022
    So is everything broke again for mods? 🤣😢

For my game, yes. With a new game from scratch, I tried putting a sim from cas into one of the houses in willow creek. After I select move in furnished, I get game failed to load Error code 109:fd81e803:d6a747ad. Turn off mods in the game, and I can load a sim into the house, and play.

I didn't see a thread of which mod needs to be updated. I'm too tired to try to figure out which one it is right now. I'm thinking it is a script mod that affects game play and interactions. If I don't see any mention of updated mods, I'll try to find out which mod is breaking my game later on when I'm not soo tired.

Update: Before not trying anything. I decided to check MCCC last exception. It showed a problem with XML injector. There was only one mod I had that required the XML injector which is Scaldwellhu Realistic Reactions. I took the mod and the XML injector out of my mods folder. I deleted all the cashe folders and localthumbcashe. The game loaded without any error codes. I'll have to see if that has been updated at all recently.
    Post edited by SimminDragon on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,471 Member
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,315 Member

It's already been reported in that thread; the XML Injector broke with the patch, and has since been updated.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,009 Member
    I took the game I started brand new after the first patch glitches with my older games (it was set on normal with aging off and worked fine), and did a Save As to start a new game. I switched aging to on and long and started playing. A few of the ages are a bit off but most are OK and no one has aged up a level or died after traveling or going to CAS. Need to play a bit more to feel safe. If this one is good I'll play some of the pre-glitch saves. They should be ok as I backed the entire save game file at a point when I played before the first patch.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 3,000 Member
    edited August 2022
    What now? Im not sure i get it...

Me I play Auto-age 'no' and if i make a new save, like when you do 'save as' then make a new save file and name it whavever ! I dunno dont have multiple saves i only have one game and one backup ! :neutral: im gettin' nervous now !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I have wants/fears turned off in game options, but they are showing up in my game.
    That happened to me as well, but I turned them on again and went live, then turned them off, and now they're gone.

Thanks for sharing that, I tried that and it worked for me as well! I wonder if the same process would save my darling chickens from the reaper?? :smile:
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,185 Member
    So what do we do as the lifespans are messed up now then?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,662 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sigh. I'm very relieved I haven't played at all since before the previous patch, I think I will wait further before playing again.

Thank goodness I have some other great games to play in the meantime or I would be very very upset. I feel so sorry for all you peeps who are having to go through all this mess, especially those whose long-standing game saves are now broken.

☹️😥😭😡
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • Options
    mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    Did the most recent patch fix the aging glitch among other problems? For me personally, I cannot say, because since this most recent 8/2 fix I cannot load any household in my game.

I have tested this without any mods added. The only way I can enter a household is if I click "Resume" on the most recent save. However, if I try to travel with my sims, the game forces me back to the world select menu. The same thing happens when I switch households.

Again, no mods. I even created a brand new save, and I am able to replicate this problem. Has anyone else experienced this? I intend on posting this on TS4 Bug Reports, but I want to make certain this isn't just something on my end.
  • Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    I luckily never experienced the aging bug, but I still have greyed out sims listed on the "choose sims to travel with screen", and I have wants and fears turned off but every time I open the game I see wants over my sims heads. I go into options and turn them on and back off and they disappear. I can deal with these two issues though as I'm pretty invested in my current save and really don't want to start a new one right now. I also had the bug where Henford-on-Bagley NPC's kept being replaced by random NPC's, and downloaded a mod to fix it. I don't see many people mentioning this bug, so I highly doubt it was officially fixed and that it will be any time soon.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

My initial take is that I will remain on the Werewolf-patch. Hope that aging will be working well from now on.
  • Options
    ShiftclickShiftclick Posts: 20 Member
    Whims are back. No longer have the option in game options to turn them off. This happened after the 8/2 patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Shiftclick wrote: »
    Whims are back. No longer have the option in game options to turn them off. This happened after the 8/2 patch.

The whims were replaced with wants, you can turn off wants and fears in the same way as you would with whims.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,493 Member
    Do you sims also take forever to do stuff now? Once again :'(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    Aging glitch not fixed. Playing vanilla.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Art wrote: »
    Aging glitch not fixed. Playing vanilla.

Same for me just now. I started a fresh vanilla save and my new lead character has 24 days in a young adult on the long life span.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    As of the newest update my sim has wants again despite it being switched off in the menu. I hope the phone obession animation will be addressed because it interupts other actions too often. I haven't reenabled ageing because I don't want to risk it. My game is currently vanilla only, no mods at all.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,584 Member
    cleo224 wrote: »
    I have wants/fears turned off in game options, but they are showing up in my game. I used to have "auto fill empty lots" turned off but I can't find that option anymore and now when I am in the middle of a build, if I turn the game off to do something else, when I come back there is a family living there. I have animal aging turned off but they are still dying. I haven't seen the auto aging of my sims but these are new ones, created just for the time being. I haven't opened any of my saves.

The fill empty lots option was removed with one of the previous patches concerning the neighbourhood stories. The option to move in households from the neighbourhood stories now controls whether or not families move in.
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 85 Member
    I came here this morning to see if everyone agreed that the patch worked. It looks like it didn't work? Is that correct? :D
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    My saves aren't saving the actual Sim progression. Aging is fine, but they're all now stuck in a temporal loop.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I came here this morning to see if everyone agreed that the patch worked. It looks like it didn't work? Is that correct? :D

Looks like this patch made things twice as worse.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    edited August 2022
    Brd709 wrote: »
    @Brd709 @GoddessByline Unfortunately the patch doesn't work for already existing saves. You have to start a new one to have it work.

Do you mean as in "Save As" or "right from scratch"?

if you played and saved your save even once, after the patch what messed up ages, then ages are messed up still most likely. but if your save has not even been touched during the age bug time, all should be fine.

Yeah I updated after the August patch ( I didn’t update with the July 26th patch ). And I played my game about a day and it was on aging off ( long lifespan ), And. I my aging seems to be working like it is supposed to. I didn’t see any large aging leaps like people were reporting with the July 26 th patch.

I use no mods or CC.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    edited August 2022
    okay so i don't notice any aging with plan outfit or mirror now on long lifespan but the calendar still keeps getting that mark that something is changed everytime i get back from plan outfits stuff and also nothing has been changed as far as i can see?

oh! It's only showing Henford festivals and one komorebi one isn't it supposed to show all festivals is that it

also theres no get famous events
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,795 Member
    I did not patch my game so I'm glad that I probably won't be affected. but those of you with the bug saved, and still facing early age ups because you saved after the mal patch; if you play just a handful households, can't you in CAS revert those sims to a former lifestage, and then in game age them up? That would set them to the very early days of the wanted lifestage, which might add too many days, but then you can just manually age them up with a cake whenever you like. If you play 20+ households I see this would get too tedious, but could still rescue your save - I would especially do this to elders who you'd hate see leaving due to a bug.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg