Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HIGH SCHOOL PACK BROKE THE GAME

Anyone else's games just super unplayable since the update? I know there's a way to avoid the "saving" glitch that's been happening, but even when playing on normal lifespan, I'm getting issues. Today I loaded up my game to find two of my Sims from the household completely gone. They aren't in the relationships panel either but they are still in the family tree. But when I click on their icon in the family tree, no family pops up underneath them. It's very frustrating because I have gone through almost 10 generations through this grandma Sim and now her legacy is gone. I quit without saving and I'm not opening up the game until the patch releases. But waiting for this patch is also frustrating. I play with some mods and CC but I don't think they are the issue since I use popular mods like MCCC.

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    Anyone else's games just super unplayable since the update? I know there's a way to avoid the "saving" glitch that's been happening, but even when playing on normal lifespan, I'm getting issues. Today I loaded up my game to find two of my Sims from the household completely gone. They aren't in the relationships panel either but they are still in the family tree. But when I click on their icon in the family tree, no family pops up underneath them. It's very frustrating because I have gone through almost 10 generations through this grandma Sim and now her legacy is gone. I quit without saving and I'm not opening up the game until the patch releases. But waiting for this patch is also frustrating. I play with some mods and CC but I don't think they are the issue since I use popular mods like MCCC.

You can check here to see if any of the Mods you use were broken or need updates since the patch on the 26th. I know MCCC needed updating.

If you are having gameplay issues without Mods installed you can report them here.
  • aryia74aryia74 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @DoodleSmack32 said:
    > Anyone else's games just super unplayable since the update? I know there's a way to avoid the "saving" glitch that's been happening, but even when playing on normal lifespan, I'm getting issues. Today I loaded up my game to find two of my Sims from the household completely gone. They aren't in the relationships panel either but they are still in the family tree. But when I click on their icon in the family tree, no family pops up underneath them. It's very frustrating because I have gone through almost 10 generations through this grandma Sim and now her legacy is gone. I quit without saving and I'm not opening up the game until the patch releases. But waiting for this patch is also frustrating. I play with some mods and CC but I don't think they are the issue since I use popular mods like MCCC.

I had that happen to mine few days ago and this is what I did. You do not have to go through all these steps, however it is good to try it to see if your sims are indeed still in the household. I first did the cheat to add them back and I did not see the add button and only remove option. My sim was still on the lot at the time but when I did the remove it made them disappear from the lot. I had my other sim call them on phone to come over and then tried to add them and it didn't do anything. I then went to manage households and saw that it had my sims all there, so I knew it had to be some kind of glitch and when I went back to my house they all was there. This pack messed everything up!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @DoodleSmack32 Check mods that can't be reported on the Forums as well as the ones here. There's a real chance this bug is mod related.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • aikeleeaikelee Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes the game is very glitchy since the update. Bar of needs stays yellow not green even after fulfulling there need. Game freezes all the time, sims dont do what you asked them to, it almost unplayable right now.
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member

At this moment my game is completely unplayable. I have done everything that has been recommended. Have tried playing the game on normal mode but the lifespan it is too fast for me and playing with aging off it breaks the game immersion for me. The bug/issue I'm having even on Normal Mode is that my sims ages by every sim minute, after I launch the game I reset my sim age back to zero by using Mccc and after playing for 20 sim in game minutes my sim is already 3 days older. This is happening without going into CAS or Loading to another lot.

All the mods I normally used are updated to the latest patch. I have repaired the game several times and done the 50/50 method, reset the the sims 4 folder.

I have contacted the Mccc Creator because I read somewhere that his mod is not compatible with the new default lifespan of EA, yet the response I received from the Creator was to go to the Discord. Which I did and after giving my game version I was told to see the Pinned Post that says the age-bug is not game breaking and to just continue or start a new game on Normal. This doesn't solve the issue my game is having at all because it re-appears even on new game save files.

Sadly as of now I have completely stopped playing the game due to being unplayable.

• beckyxmbeckyxm Posts: 5 New Member
    I can't seem to see anyone writing about this.
    Anyone else find that high school students can't join an afterschool activity because it makes them quit school?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    beckyxm wrote: »
    I can't seem to see anyone writing about this.
    Anyone else find that high school students can't join an afterschool activity because it makes them quit school?

Are you playing with Mods or playing vanilla? Check these threads for troubleshooting tips and broken Mod information. September 13 patch July 26th patch

You can find information and report issues with the game without Mods here