Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had best friend seekers burst into their house?

I modded the ask to be best friends thing so you can have more than one, if for no other reason than to stop them from asking over and over (I'm your best friend. Now I am. Now I am. Etc). So MAYBE the mod is causing this, but I don't see how. The morning after the prom my sim jumped in the shower, and one of the Munches came waltzing in the front door and straight into the bathroom where he stood watching me shower, just to ask me to be best friends (not sure what KIND of best friend he wants to be...). I yelled at him and sent him away, and then another sim came along a short time later and did the same thing; just came right in the house. Curious if anyone else has had this before I start analyzing all my mods.

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    My sim visited the bar in strangerville and made friends with the mixologist. Then I sent her fishing in the neighborhood up on the bluffs. After fishing for a few minutes while checking her phone (a separate issue), a message popped up that the mixologist wanted to be best friends. I zoomed out a bit and the mixologist was standing right behind her. It was super creepy!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It seems to be game play, or could be a bug.
    It's annoying. They do it in class too. I wonder if it is intended to only happen between classes.
    That would make sense, but Sims don't make sense.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yes, My female sim Radison went to her classmates house in Mt. Komorebi to ask her elderly grandmother Lan Ling if they could be best friends. When I saw her come into the house, I was like aren't you suppose to be at school young lady. That was a weird way to ditch school, trying to hang out with your friends grandmother. She left the house and then I got a message if Radison should come over minutes later, when Lan Ling granddaughter returned home.

They played this game by themselves. I do like that sims are trying to form friendships on their own but I didn't expect her to ask her classmates grandmother who she never met.

08-02-22-3-44-50-AM.png
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'm starting to notice it more. I had 2 sims walk into my house without knocking. I know 1 sim who visited had a previous conversation over the phone with a household member. Then she comes to the house wanting to be best friends with a different household member that she never met. It's like following/meeting a friend of a friend on social media but the way the game has sims just walking in to ask that question is inappropriate.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    Munchie be like hi bestie :smirk:

My brain immediately thought that must be Wolfgang being his bad boy self

but then i realized it could have very well been any of the other munchies which just made it double funny
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    CONSTANTLY.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    LOL yes! Not only that but they asked the dad who they didn't even know to be the best friend! They keep coming in randomly and i have to either ask them to leave or mccc them to leave.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It happens every day, all the time in my game.
    My teen Sim's school mates want to be besties either with her, her mom or dad and they hardly even know them.
    Today Cassandra SoNotGoth walked in their home late in the evening, went straight upstairs into the parents ensuite bathroom and used the toilet while the father was sleeping. When she was sitting on the toilet I got a message from her asking if the mother wants to be her BFF. I didn't even know they had ever met before. :D
    I don't even know what is this game anymore. It's definitely entertaining and I get good laughs while playing it, but sometimes I wish things would make more sense.