Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 26 '22 High School etc. Patch and August Patches

Comments

• Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    SarahLaina wrote: »
    rjssim wrote: »
    I think MC Command Center is causing my sims to age. When I remove the mod, my sim's age bar is lower, and when I have it enabled, the age bar is higher. I have aging off and set to long life span.

I heard ea change the default life spans for teens to be 21 and adults to be 33. But mc command has it by default to be set at 13 and 24. So maybe that’s why? Because mc command is making some of the age spans shorter. You can change it in the mccc settings btw.

Got any links or screenshots to confirm?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited August 2022
    Sims 4 Studio has been updated with the batch fix for CC Beds!!

https://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version
  • Options
    SarahLainaSarahLaina Posts: 36 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    I think MC Command Center is causing my sims to age. When I remove the mod, my sim's age bar is lower, and when I have it enabled, the age bar is higher. I have aging off and set to long life span.

I heard ea change the default life spans for teens to be 21 and adults to be 33. But mc command has it by default to be set at 13 and 24. So maybe that’s why? Because mc command is making some of the age spans shorter. You can change it in the mccc settings btw.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/By-Design-Life-span-duration-changed-for-teen-and-adult-sim/td-p/11668862
  • Options
    I couldn’t find any more evidence on them changing the lifespans so idk if it’s true but if it’s happening to a lot of ppl then maybe it is
  • Options
    DarkAudit wrote: »

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/By-Design-Life-span-duration-changed-for-teen-and-adult-sim/td-p/11668862

Hmm. I'm going to set aside my previous MCCC settings and see what happens when it has to make a new config file.
  • Options
    wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

The S4S batch fix will fix ALL beds including the TSR beds, right? So we don't need to do the TSR updates if we do the S4S batch fix?
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    wamayeli wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

The S4S batch fix will fix ALL beds including the TSR beds, right? So we don't need to do the TSR updates if we do the S4S batch fix?

When you run the batch it should tell you if any beds have not been fixed. If you should find any that it doesn't fix, be sure to report it on their site.
  • Options
    Removed my existing MCCC config and started a new save. MCCC lifespan defaults are still the old defaults.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Re: MCCC and aging. I asked this on Deaderpool's discord: I'm still trying to sort out what is going on with all the aging problems - I have not yet updated my game because I am too nervous about this. I know they released a patch today, and that MCCC has been updated. But since EA made a change to the age ranges, and I have all the age spans custom-set with MCCC, just wondering if there is any chance something is going to be messed up. Will EA's change to the number of days in age span mess with my MCCC custom settings, or revert them in any way? Or can we not be sure yet?

Deaderpool said: Basically, the days don't match between MCCC's default and EA's default for Teens, Adults and Young Adults. And, the Long/Short game styles may have multiplier issues. But, if you set your time to normal, and you just set your MCCC's days to how many you want for each age span, I've not heard any issues with that. I will need to make sure my defaults match EA's in the next release and double-check that the multiplier changes haven't caused any but that's where things are at, at this point.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Am I allowed to ask about wonderful whims? I can’t remember if that is a 18+. But I think it might be broken again? Just let me
    Know if I can’t ask and I’ll edit the post.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Am I allowed to ask about wonderful whims? I can’t remember if that is a 18+. But I think it might be broken again? Just let me
    Know if I can’t ask and I’ll edit the post.

That one is fine, there is a more adult one that cannot be mentioned. It has been updated since the patch, at least once. See page 1. It is unlikely that today's patch would have broken anything.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options

GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Re: MCCC and aging. I asked this on Deaderpool's discord: I'm still trying to sort out what is going on with all the aging problems - I have not yet updated my game because I am too nervous about this. I know they released a patch today, and that MCCC has been updated. But since EA made a change to the age ranges, and I have all the age spans custom-set with MCCC, just wondering if there is any chance something is going to be messed up. Will EA's change to the number of days in age span mess with my MCCC custom settings, or revert them in any way? Or can we not be sure yet?

Deaderpool said: Basically, the days don't match between MCCC's default and EA's default for Teens, Adults and Young Adults. And, the Long/Short game styles may have multiplier issues. But, if you set your time to normal, and you just set your MCCC's days to how many you want for each age span, I've not heard any issues with that. I will need to make sure my defaults match EA's in the next release and double-check that the multiplier changes haven't caused any but that's where things are at, at this point.

I've had issues with it. My custom life spans aren't showing up as the right amount of days. At first I thought it because of the aging bug from the vanilla game but it's still happening after the hotfix so idk what the hell is going on :(
  • Options
    ElderTeenGuy1989ElderTeenGuy1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    The fat and muscle slider is not working after High School expansion update.
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Will EA's change to the number of days in age span mess with my MCCC custom settings, or revert them in any way? Or can we not be sure yet?
    I moved my existing MCCC config out of the way to start a save with all defaults. The lifespans were the usual MCCC defaults. Made a new no-mod save and the lifespans were the new EA settings. Edited my main MCCC config with the new lifespan numbers and went back to that first save. The lifespans were what I set them to.

So what I gather is MCCC settings take precedence, and until they update, you'll have to edit lifespans yourself to match the new EA numbers.
  • Options
    Chelsea2022Chelsea2022 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @glory_joy said:
    > You should only need to download the cc beds that have been fixed, not everything in your cc folders.

Thank you so much for the answer. I will do so:)
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Chelsea2022 When a patch comes, first make a safe copy of your Saves. Remove the Mods folder, but especially gameplay mods (CC is usually less affected and less likely to break your save permanently when it is). Put cleared mods back and redownload updated ones. Organizing your folder by creator can help with this.
    > Thank you, @gemi64!
    > @SimminDragon Please see p. 1. If the lists there don't help, head to a support server.
    > @bluegardenia The batch fix was done BY TSR on the CC, so you can redownload CC.
    >
    > Cleared by Creator* Caradriel - all mods cleared for last week's patch
    >
    >
    > NOTE: I am not doing separate cleared notices for today's mini-patch - they're not needed.
    >
    > Mod Updates* LGBTQIA+ / Gender & Orientation Overhaul (Lumpinou)

Thanks for the advice. With safe copy do you mean just in the game the option "Save as" or do I have to do something else before the update. I already downloaded some mods that have benn updated and saved it outside my Mods folder so that I can move and replace everything later :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited August 2022
    @ElderTeenGuy1989 sliders were broken by the Werewolves patch. Check the previous thread for updated ones. Some were not updated.
    @Chelsea2022 Backing up saves means to copy the Saves folder to outside the Sims 4 folder.

NOTE Re. AGE SPANS
    Yes, Maxis changed the life stage lengths. No, MCCC's defaults have not been updated to match. If you want the Maxis defaults, you can set them in MCCC yourself. Please take further discussion of this elsewhere.

Mod and Tool Updates
    CC and CAS Tool Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Mod Updates
    Mod Updates from Chingyu
    at https://www.patreon.com/posts/69998654:
    • 100 Base Game Traits Pack to v2.4
    • Absent Emotion Traits Pack to v1.2
    • Arsonist Trait/ Start Fire With Trait / For Everyone to v1.1
    • Balanced Moodlet to v1.1 - PowerfulDeathBuffs
    • EA Traits As Reward (Clones) to v3.2
    • Faithfulness Mod to v3.7
    • Slower Relationship Change to v5
    • Traits Remade In CAS to v1.1
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    CC Updates

Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Midnitetech's Game Developer Career is not available for non-patrons yet. We have to wait until the 8th.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Thanks @simgirl542 - missed that! I'll remove it.
  • Options
    Mod and Tool Updates
  • Options
    SIMMERSINCE05SIMMERSINCE05 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @telemwill said:
    > Sims 4 Studio has been updated with the batch fix for CC Beds!!
    >
    > https://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version

Do you know how to set the config path for MAC?
  • Options
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @Chelsea2022 Backing up saves means to copy the Saves folder to outside the Sims 4 folder.
    >

Thanks so much. I know these are stupid questions, but I'm new in this and still learning. Sorry :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top