Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims2 pack files/package files

BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
Its been awhile since I have done any downloading in Sims2. I had package files for clothing etc but then decided to download lots and installed the Sims2 pack installer again.
Now all my files are in that form and I was wondering was that normal. Its been awhile so couldn't remember. I still of course have all those items in my game but of course they aren't clickable except for the lots/houses & I think Sims.

Not hurting anything of course I am just curious so thought another "old" simmer would know what I have forgotten. LOL

RzxcFN3.png
"Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi :)

Those are still in .Sims2pack form. Just like downloading lots and saving them from TS3 site - you have to open the package files.
    (don't keep them in your downloads folder)

Since you downloaded and installed the Sims2 pack installer, you should be able to double click on the package files to install them.
    https://modthesims.info/d/409950/sims2pack-clean-installer-v1-6-22-updated-aug-2-2014.html
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    Thx @Rflong7 but I do know how to open them and thats what I do with my lots and sims. However the files I pictured here are cc clothes and until I downloaded the installer they showed as package files but only not ins pack form. Clicking on them does nothing only says:

"The sims2 pack installer can only install sims2 pack files."

The items are in my game are working as package files do normally. I just don't recall them showing up with the installer icon. Strictly a visual. Only asking as I dont remember this happening b4. Should I change to notepad or whatever the icon was or just leave as is?

Note: This is clothing or an accessory not a lot or Sim. Just originally a zip/rar file that was opened and then placed in downloads prior to installing the "installer" which I use for lots and of course for simpack files I found online.

QKdcWFW.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    I started up my desktop to check Sims3 downloads and package files property says "to be selected" ( I think as I had to do quickly pc running rough and waiting for a part) So I am presuming it doesn't matter what they are called as they don't get opened anyways. Unless using simpe I believe which I don't. I made them word pad just so they don't get mixed up with my actual Sims2 pack items. Thanks again for responding. Take care
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Aw, I see - you selected the wrong program to open them. I've done that before. lol :mrgreen:
    LOL Yes I must have when I first downloaded them. Hasn't affected game thank goodness.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Its been awhile since I have done any downloading in Sims2. I had package files for clothing etc but then decided to download lots and installed the Sims2 pack installer again.
    Now all my files are in that form and I was wondering was that normal. Its been awhile so couldn't remember. I still of course have all those items in my game but of course they aren't clickable except for the lots/houses & I think Sims.

Not hurting anything of course I am just curious so thought another "old" simmer would know what I have forgotten. LOL

RzxcFN3.png

to bolded, yes. mine all took their fileimage from SimPE, so all look simpe files to me , like all look Clean Installer files to you :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina