Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Comments

• pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 59 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    Not sure how else to put this, but I could not be more appalled that they used the likeness of The Sims 2, a game revered for its depth and attention to detail, to implement something that was broken, shallow, and just generally poor in comparison. I really wanted to choose the second-to-last option, but the number and severity of these bugs as well as the awful choices that are being made... I can't believe it. I'm tired of hoping and wishing for better, as it's become quite clear to me that The Sims 4 is in too deep for that to happen. Completely unacceptable.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    After sadly observing the unrelenting disaster that is TS4 since Country Living have essentially come to the place where I am done with getting any more content and have given up the last scraps of hope things will improve even a little. Any playing I do is mainly on my older installation that stops at University and is unplugged from the internet. Should I play the newer installation it will be likewise unplugged for its own protection. It appears that EA has decided to subject TS 4 to a lingering torturous death while wringing every possible bit of revenue out of its expiring victim.
  • PurpleSweetTartPurpleSweetTart Posts: 167 Member
    I just paid $40 while unemployed for a pack that let's you go to active high school but the game is still bugged even after the August second patch so that the only way you can get your high school grade up is: go to school on exam day and take the exam, pass the exam, and send your sim alone to school the next day...see here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Can-t-graduate-by-actively-going-to-high-school/m-p/11691100#M236071 How do you think I feel about the game, the team and EA? Oh, and remember, there's no refunds on anything except base game and people have said it was my fault for preordering. Well, how can you not want to when you see GameChangers having a grand old time with it in early access without bugs, and you need something to do while you're unemployed. perhaps it is my fault, but I'm done. TS5 if it ever happens will never be what you all want either. Why do we let a game company take our money and play with our emotions like this?
    Oh great, I just saw the date of this poll, now I'm going to get yelled at for necroposting...sorry...anyway, I still stand by everything I said.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    Oh great, I just saw the date of this poll, now I'm going to get yelled at for necroposting...sorry...anyway, I still stand by everything I said.

No! You're all good :) No necroposting committed. The last comment was two days ago so this thread is still relevant.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited August 2022
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    I answered the "morale is low" option when I wrote this poll but I would say my morale dropped to "bottom" after the disappointing release of the Wants & Fears and the fresh dose of instability/ bugs with the new patch.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464

No! You're all good :) No necroposting committed. The last comment was two days ago so this thread is still relevant.

Thanks. I just made a new post about the biggest problem I have with the game, I was hoping they'd address it with today's patch but they didn't so I wrote about it.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2022
    I have bought a couple Packs and Kits since I wrote my first post in this thread, and I still stand by what I said. I tried to play my game and it is now completely unplayable due to the fact that the game now thinks I have installed Mods or CC when I haven't. I have deleted, reinstalled, repaired, updated and patched my game to the latest patch that just released and my game is STILL unplayable. My morale is even worse than my original post.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I'm in the "meh" category for now. I really wish there weren't so many bugs when playing this game. Doesn't matter if it was PC, PS4 or PS5. There are times when it was literally unplayable. I haven't played the game in months, and right now there really isn't a compelling reason for me to fire it up on my PS5.

You know things are bad when I'd prefer to play GTA Online in Invite Only mode instead.

You're not alone. I tried it briefly on a PS4. I threw in the towel when the game and controls were literally unplayable on a PS4. I ended up eventually selling both the game and PS4.
  • IckleP09IckleP09 Posts: 7 New Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I have went back to playing Sims 3, I have lost all love for TS4.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I'm an unwavering supporter of EA and the Sims. I'm extremely satisfied right now
    I always have loved my sims. I accepted a few bugs in the game, as with any game I play. I know in the past many bugs in this game are eventually fixed. With MSW I grew more concerned as it was released and still very buggy. Thought they would learn it is better to make us wait and deliver a working game. I was really looking forward to playing HSY but haven't as yet due to all of the bugs I am hearing about. I don't want to break my saves I already have. A hot fix has come out and some things seem better from what I read on this forum. But I also read that many others continue to have problems. My morale is definitely sinking and my trust in this game is dwindling as well. When you pay for a game you expect it to work as advertised. A few little bugs I can understand, especially if fixed in timely fashion. But a ton of bugs that are game breaking aren't so easy to understand. I admit I am a bit upset over them changing the ages. Why? So we can spend more time in High School? The ages they had actually fit well in my game plans, as I try to keep age groups as close as would be in real life with weeks as years for each age stage. For example, I think of child as 6-12 years old, which is 6 year span. Teen is 13-19, also 6 year span. Before the changes these age groups in sims had the same number of days. Guess I will have to play around with a chart so I can keep their ages the way I have played for years by having aging off and aging up at appropriate time. But that is still a small thing compared to all of the bugs. Playing other games for now, as I am extremely disappointed, but I really miss my Sims 4 as I had recently set up new games I wanted to play. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed
    soon, and I can get back to loving this game. I don't use mods and shouldn't have to in order to play a game and have it function the way it should. I know I well be less comfortable with paying for a pack in the future when it comes out, which is what I normally do, as I will be concerned it may need fixing before I can play it. This is so sad!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I have bought a couple Packs and Kits since I wrote my first post in this thread, and I still stand by what I said. I tried to play my game and it is now completely unplayable due to the fact that the game now thinks I have installed Mods or CC when I haven't. I have deleted, reinstalled, repaired, updated and patched my game to the latest patch that just released and my game is STILL unplayable. My morale is even worse than my original post.

That stinks! Have you been able to get help over on the bug forum or the bug reports place?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2022
    Delete
    Post edited by BMSO on
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• DTM_DerrickDTM_Derrick Posts: 26 Member
    > @IckleP09 said:
    > I have went back to playing Sims 3, I have lost all love for TS4.

I'm considering doing that same just because I loved TS3 while continuing to play TS4. I'd even go back as far as TS2 but not in the mood to make it work with Windows 11/wide screen. Lol
    mp2itdbfrjnh.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I said it several times, The Sims 4 is the game that I wanted for years so I'm satisfied. Maxis did many of my requests.
    Like all the good things in this world I want more. More content, more detail, more depth, more diversity, more apartment.

The Sims 4 is the first game that I can play without using CC and mod.

I'm curious and optimistic about the upcoming packs and updates.
    And 8 years later, The Sims 4 did the half of the path. Let's see what Maxis will do for the next 7 years !
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    > @IckleP09 said:
    > I have went back to playing Sims 3, I have lost all love for TS4.

I'm considering doing that same just because I loved TS3 while continuing to play TS4. I'd even go back as far as TS2 but not in the mood to make it work with Windows 11/wide screen. Lol

TS2 community is alive and well! We will welcome should you ever decide to follow the tutorials to get it to work.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I think they should forget about sims 5 and keep sims 4 running, with a more permanent crew so theres continuity.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 1 going on forever? Nobody would have aging or toddlers.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 2 going on forever and ever? Nobody would have open world or Create-a-Style.

What if EA/Maxis kept Sims 3 going no forever and ever? You would not of gotten to enjoy the experience of Sims 4.

And just imagine how buggy and unplayable Sims 4 will become if it keeps going on forever and ever. Just imagine how many people will stop supporting Sims 4 and move on to Paralives. Sims 4 was built on an engine that was never meant to last very long-just look at all the bugs,glitches and issues that pile up on a daily basis..look at all the complaints piling up with those bugs and glitches.

It's time for EA/Maxis to end Sims 4 and move on to Sims 5. You can still enjoy Sims 4 even after Sims 5 comes out. Who knows-you'll never find out what Sims 5 is going to be like if you keep wanting Sims 4 to never end. Who knows-Sims 5 may just have things like cars,free babies,Create-a-World and other great things that the Sims 4 weak engine cannot handle.

I am at the point where I wouldn't buy 5 even if they trashed 4 for it.

Games are like shoes- one size does not fit all. In PC life sims, we only have one size ATM, a size seven, say. Who all wears a size 7 shoe? If the shoe fits, wear it, but if not...
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I packs keep breaking the game to the point it's unplayable.
    giphy.gif

LOL this GIF
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns

Like TS2 and TS3 did in only 4 years with less packs …
    At least it's a live service, they keep doing laundry lists instead of putting the game in the trash bin.

I like this long term commitment.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

Like TS2 and TS3 did in only 4 years with less packs …
    At least it's a live service, they keep doing laundry lists instead of putting the game in the trash bin.

I like this long term commitment.

oh yes theres a lot issues they never bothered to fix in 3 cause jumped so quickly to 4
    giphy.gif

I used to love 3 until it lagged to the point that it was unplayable. Sims 4 is worse. It doesn't lag, but it's not even fun for me, either. They need to stop cutting corners.
    Honestly I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like 4 is lacking ridiculously.
    edited August 2022
    3 > 4 in this case. The experience here lacks pretty much everything. They should have fixed the lag and stuck with it. The game here is so shallow, it's so boring! At least 3 had heart. That was what they needed to focus on. Idk what they were trying to go for here, but it feels like a child's game with rated M slapped onto it.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I used to love 3 until it lagged to the point that it was unplayable. Sims 4 is worse. It doesn't lag, but it's not even fun for me, either. They need to stop cutting corners.

Same, I practically had to give up trying to play in some worlds, because the lag was so bad. Island Paradise's world (Isla Paradisio iirc) was the worst for it because of all the houseboats and underwater lots, which IMHO was the only downside to the open-world feature of TS3.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top