Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Martinv wrote: »
    How long *should* the teen lifestage now be on normal lifespan? Because on normal lifespan the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be 13). Is this an intentional increase or a glitch?

Teens on normal should be 14 days; unless they changed it.

Right now I'm taking advantage of the glitch. One of my stories is that one of my sims (Nancy Drew) kidnapped the Prescott sisters so they don't age without me knowing since I planned to play with those sims anyway.

It's now 21 days.

@luthienrising is this intentional though? Or is it a glitch? You'd have thought that if it were intentional it'd have been mentioned somewhere in the patch notes but there's nothing about it there.

It isn't just the teen lifestage which has changed either. The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days on normal lifespan and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Those are some pretty major increases. If it was intentional, why weren't we warned?

@MaggieMarley Wow! Those are significant changes to the length of the life stages on normal lifespan. I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?

Hiya,

Not sure why this wasn't called out in the patch notes, but yes these re-tuned lifespans were an intentional change.

@EA_Cade thank you so much for clarifying!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Martinv wrote: »
    How long *should* the teen lifestage now be on normal lifespan? Because on normal lifespan the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be 13). Is this an intentional increase or a glitch?

Teens on normal should be 14 days; unless they changed it.

Right now I'm taking advantage of the glitch. One of my stories is that one of my sims (Nancy Drew) kidnapped the Prescott sisters so they don't age without me knowing since I planned to play with those sims anyway.

It's now 21 days.

@luthienrising is this intentional though? Or is it a glitch? You'd have thought that if it were intentional it'd have been mentioned somewhere in the patch notes but there's nothing about it there.

It isn't just the teen lifestage which has changed either. The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days on normal lifespan and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Those are some pretty major increases. If it was intentional, why weren't we warned?

@MaggieMarley Wow! Those are significant changes to the length of the life stages on normal lifespan. I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?

Hiya,

Not sure why this wasn't called out in the patch notes, but yes these re-tuned lifespans were an intentional change.

Have the number of days changed on short and long lifespans as well?
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade :) That explains why funny things would happen with ages on existing saves.
    gen3-banner.png
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I'm normally pretty lenient when it comes to the Sims Team and the bugs... and I've given them the benefit of the doubt as I've played through the game a bit. However it's getting to the point where I'm just getting aggravated and feeling like I'm walking on eggshells, can't enjoy the game at all.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    So the new lifespans messed up the aging?
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Are people experiencing the aging glitch even if you don’t have aging on? It's making me not want to play the game. I haven't had much time to do so and have spent my time building for now but I want to play, but not at the cost of losing my teens to young adulthood.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I have aging off and no issues.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Even with aging off - as long as the lifespan is on "long" - days were being added to the age meter every time I left CAS. I don't know if Sims actually die at some point because I exited without saving because I didn't want to mess up my saves. And I don't have HSY, the aging bug was added to BG. I don't care to play TS4 or buy the new pack before the aging bug is fixed.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,757 Member
    Even with aging off - as long as the lifespan is on "long" - days were being added to the age meter every time I left CAS. I don't know if Sims actually die at some point because I exited without saving because I didn't want to mess up my saves. And I don't have HSY, the aging bug was added to BG. I don't care to play TS4 or buy the new pack before the aging bug is fixed.

Totally agree with you. I hope they resolve this quickly
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • CMarie80CMarie80 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is driving me insane. It just happens in my game regardless of how I set the lifespan up. For the first time ever I may take a 'break' Never done before because of a 'glitch' but it's making the whole game unplayable for me.
  • jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    I was a little surprised I hadn't seen an update since they took down the warning, I mean it seems irresponsible to leave a bug which has already ruined people's games for any amount of time. So just in case I missed a background update I decided to log in to see what happened. Sure enough ... all my elders died instantly, so I exited right out of the game before my game got ruined as well. For anyone else out there wondering, not fixed yet. Really wish they could give as an actual ETA, but I guess I'll just keep checking every couple of days.
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Its supposed to get fixed at the end of this week. I assume Thursday based on their usual release strategy.
  • jmac2727jmac2727 Posts: 306 Member
    AHHHH so they did give an ETA, I'm glad to hear that, tyvm for sharing that.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before I've been travelling without internet access lately and haven't had the time to catch up on here since being back!
    Since the new updates I've noticed that my Sims (even with the long age span) are suddenly aging up too fast? The new updates seem to be great but this is bugging me a bit. For example I was playing on one family and the child had just aged up from being a toddler. Fair enough I thought; she was at the stage of aging up anyway. Then she is only a child for two Sim days and before I've had the chance to play her, she is suddenly a teen?! This happened with a different save. Although this time my Sim was nowhere near ready to age up.

I've gone into settings and checked them and they don't seemed to have been changed at all. The lifespan is still set to long. Is this happening to anyone else since the new updates?

Thanks!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been posted before I've been travelling without internet access lately and haven't had the time to catch up on here since being back!
    Since the new updates I've noticed that my Sims (even with the long age span) are suddenly aging up too fast? The new updates seem to be great but this is bugging me a bit. For example I was playing on one family and the child had just aged up from being a toddler. Fair enough I thought; she was at the stage of aging up anyway. Then she is only a child for two Sim days and before I've had the chance to play her, she is suddenly a teen?! This happened with a different save. Although this time my Sim was nowhere near ready to age up.

I've gone into settings and checked them and they don't seemed to have been changed at all. The lifespan is still set to long. Is this happening to anyone else since the new updates?

Thanks!

Long and short lifespans are broken right now. Fix by the end of the week.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    I was on normal lifespan. Updated ALLLL my mods, and it was fine, redecorated my ENTIRE 6 bedroom house, SAVED it, and then my toddler aged up was fine. He went to plan outfits and it took him back to toddler and my house reverted back to the original stuff :disappointed:

yes, you are experiencing the time loop bug as well - it's awful and makes everything worthless as you can save at various points and it will wind back to some bizarre point and wipe out everything that you did. It's awful.
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Are people experiencing the aging glitch even if you don’t have aging on? It's making me not want to play the game. I haven't had much time to do so and have spent my time building for now but I want to play, but not at the cost of losing my teens to young adulthood.

I've never played with aging on. I checked my saves and they're fine. No aging bug. I am building though instead of playing because I don't trust what I'm seeing. It could be a stealth thing that sneaks up on me and wham! all my sims have died.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This issue should now be resolved with todays patch.

Patch notes can be seen here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Hey all,

It doesn't fix save games that have been saved AFTER the glitch started... Sims still age up to the next life stage.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Hey all,

My game seem to function again so send my thanks to those who fixed it!
    edited August 2022
    Aging seems to be ok now what is the new life span for Teens? My sim self's grandson Frankie Bheeda had 30 something days left until aging up before the patch now he has 9 days left? This save is on long life span setting.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    Is anyone else seeing their sims on the brink of aging up since getting the update? I resumed playing a household with an elder and he died right away, a teenager who had just aged up on my last save is ready to age into a young adult, and a young adult vampire (who is immortal) now has a completely green age bar. I decided to check a family that I never play and as soon as I played the household everyone aged up.

Yes; I've just posted about this problem too. Totally confused by it as everything else seems to be working fine. I'm glad to know that other users are having issues too. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
    Aging is still BROKEN! My sim self aged in to an elder as soon as i switched to his household!