March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

older generations unite!

Comments

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Turning 40 in 2 months.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    Turning 40 in 2 months.

Hi, Happy Birthday in 2 months.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Happy almost birthday! I have dim memories of being that young. For me, the scary one wasn't 40, but the big five - O. Needing bi-focals wasn't fun, either.
  • OmniNerd42OmniNerd42 Posts: 38 Member
    > @MissNOFX said:
    > without asking super personal info per the forum rules, I'm just curious how many old *toots* like me are still playing the sims? I'm in my 40's...how about you?

Also in my 40's and crazy enough I have been playinig sims now for half my life. Wow that is a crazy realization.
    Check Out My Current Sims 4 Creations
    Or
    Check Out My Older Sims 3 Account & Creations
    And
    Check Out My Live Stream Where teens throughout the Sims have runaway from home together. The drama is real!
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Early 40's, been playing since I was 26 :)
    Old enough to remember Harry Truman as president and been simming since Sims 1, day 1.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Was Harry Truman from the 1950's? My Mom would remember that decade. :)
    I barely remember the 1970's cause I was just a little girl. However, I so remember the 1980s. ;)
  • DarquayDarquay Posts: 8 New Member
    Mid 50's here and still loving playing the sims. Believe it or not it was a little bit of comfort when my daughter spread her wings and started her own family. Now I'm a grandmom. Eeeeee Twins! And when I have time again I'll still be playing the Sims. :)
  • EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    I'm so glad I found this thread, because up until today, I assumed I was not only antique, but a rare one at that. It doesn't surprise me that there are so many over 40 playing Sims, but moreover it feels like validation (for lack of a better word). I'm so used to being the dinosaur in the room, mostly because other games I play draw younger players. Its frustrating and humorous when no one knows what you're talking about. For instance, during a chat for a different game I mentioned Val Kilmer in the movie Top Gun, and everyone in the chat was like "who's Val Kilmer?'. I almost responded "you're killin' me Smalls", but knew where that would go.
    BTW, I turned 52 in March and have played Sims 1 through 4 since they were released. I Started poking around Sims 3 again recently after a 5 year hiatus (what a nightmare, off topic)
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I started with Sims 1 right after it was released in 2000 (age 22) and have been playing ever since (I will be 44 in less than 2 months). Sims 2 is still my favorite only because it's the only one this current laptop will play (because Origin thinks I have installed CC for the Sims 3 and 4 when I actually haven't).
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    Yeah, I'm 49 and whether I'm playing Sims or an MMO, I always assume I'm the oldest person. Interestingly, all my colleagues, who are around my age, play tabletop D&D. They think I'm "immature" for playing video games. :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Yeah, I'm 49 and whether I'm playing Sims or an MMO, I always assume I'm the oldest person. Interestingly, all my colleagues, who are around my age, play tabletop D&D. They think I'm "immature" for playing video games. :D

There's nothing wrong with playing both. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Was Harry Truman from the 1950's? My Mom would remember that decade. :)
    I barely remember the 1970's cause I was just a little girl. However, I so remember the 1980s. ;)

As president, 1944 - 1953. Took over upon the death for FDR in 1944, won the 1948 election, turned the reins over to Eisenhower (who won the 1952 election) in 1953.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so love this thread. Oh, & I remember Val Kilmer from the original Top Gun & in Batman 3 back in the 1990s.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Will be 68 in a few weeks and still simming.
    I also still wear tight jeans and rock on stage with the kids playing guitar and singing live.

Only as old as you feel they say.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    edited August 2022
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've left the Forum as I think I'm a bit too old for it but popped back to see the latest developments. I'm older that all of you so far and lost interest in playing the "game bit" but still enjoy building the houses. I've just deleted every Sim and house that Maxis made and starting afresh with my own, werewolves included. I'll be turning 80 soon, with brain ok but body creaking a bit! <3

Definitely not too old to be playing the Sims (or even being on the forum, I've found its very inclusive). :) That's amazing and just goes to show that this game has no real age limit where it becomes "too young" for someone to play.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    52 Years Young! I mostly like to build, but actually playing right now, after not for several years.
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member
    I'm 47 and started playing in the late '90s and have played every since.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    I've left the Forum as I think I'm a bit too old for it but popped back to see the latest developments. I'm older that all of you so far and lost interest in playing the "game bit" but still enjoy building the houses. I've just deleted every Sim and house that Maxis made and starting afresh with my own, werewolves included. I'll be turning 80 soon, with brain ok but body creaking a bit! <3

Definitely not too old to be playing the Sims (or even being on the forum, I've found its very inclusive). :) That's amazing and just goes to show that this game has no real age limit where it becomes "too young" for someone to play.

I'm 67 and my mind says I'm young but my body says dream on. LOL.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    Lulu29 wrote: »

I'm 67 and my mind says I'm young but my body says dream on. LOL.

Haha, sometimes even younger bodies can feel the same (early 30's and sometimes with my aches and pains I struggle getting up out of bed lol). Its having the right mindset that matters and is what carries you through. :)
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I saw a trailer for the original Sims when I bought SimCity 3000, and bought TS1 on release as a young middle schooler. I've grown up with the series and am an Old Fart by anyone's reckoning. XD
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm 52 and have been playing since Sims 1 thanks to my dad. He knew I loved playing RPGs, Magic, and video games. He was playing Sims 1, loved it and recommended it to me to play. I've loved the franchise since. Though Sims 4 is the only one I use mods for and CC.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • IckleP09IckleP09 Posts: 7 New Member
    Just turned 40 :)
  • MrsOliviaMrsOlivia Posts: 1 New Member
    hey im older as well this is my first time logging after play the very first sims that came out