Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Zodiac Signs [BaseGameUpdate]

YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
edited July 2023 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
There are three categories of traits: Sun Traits, Moon Traits and Rising Traits. These three categories all have the same 48 traits. Each Sun Trait rotates in the time system and the calendar system once 24 hours. Each Moon Trait rotates in the time system once 12 hours. Each Rising Trait rotates in the time system once 6 hours. When a Sim person is born, the Sim person has either three different traits, two identical and one different traits, or three identical traits. If a Sim person has three identical traits then this kind of trait of the Sim person is the strongest, and so on. It is free to change any trait after the system automatically generates the three zodiac traits according to the time system. If the Sun Trait of a Sim person is the same as the Moon Trait of another Sim person, then they love each other easily. Astrologers can give Sims blind dates.

The 48 Zodiac Traits are:
Trait Pisces-Aries(雙魚白羊象) = Renewal
Trait AriesⅠ(白羊象一) = Child
Trait AriesⅡ(白羊象二) = Star
Trait AriesⅢ(白羊象三) = Pioneer
Trait Aries-Taurus(白羊金牛象) = Power
Trait TaurusⅠ(金牛象一) = Manifestation
Trait TaurusⅡ(金牛象二) = Teacher
Trait TaurusⅢ(金牛象三) = Natural
Trait Taurus-Gemini(金牛陰陽象) = Energy
Trait GeminiⅠ(陰陽象一) = Freedom
Trait GeminiⅡ(陰陽象二) = New Language
Trait GeminiⅢ(陰陽象三) = Seeker
Trait Gemini-Cancer(陰陽巨蟹象) = Magic
Trait CancerⅠ(巨蟹象一) = Empath
Trait CancerⅡ(巨蟹象二) = Unconventional
Trait CancerⅢ(巨蟹象三) = Persuader
Trait Cancer-Leo(巨蟹獅子象) = Oscillation
Trait LeoⅠ(獅子象一) = Authority
Trait LeoⅡ(獅子象二) = Balanced Strength
Trait LeoⅢ(獅子象三) = Leadership
Trait Leo-Virgo(獅子雙女象) = Exposure
Trait VirgoⅠ(雙女象一) = System Builders
Trait VirgoⅡ(雙女象二) = Enigma
Trait VirgoⅢ(雙女象三) = Literalist
Trait Virgo-Libra(雙女天秤象) = Beauty
Trait LibraⅠ(天秤象一) = Perfectionist
Trait LibraⅡ(天秤象二) = Society
Trait LibraⅢ(天秤象三) = Theater
Trait Libra-Scorpio(天秤天蝎象) = Drama
Trait ScorpioⅠ(天蝎象一) = Intensity
Trait ScorpioⅡ(天蝎象二) = Depth
Trait ScorpioⅢ(天蝎象三) = Charm
Trait Scorpio-Sagittarius(天蝎人馬象) = Revolution
Trait SagittariusⅠ(人馬象一) = Independence
Trait SagittariusⅡ(人馬象二) = Originator
Trait SagittariusⅢ(人馬象三) = Titan
Trait Sagittarius-Capricorn(人馬磨羯象) = Prophecy
Trait CapricornⅠ(磨羯象一) = Ruler
Trait CapricornⅡ(磨羯象二) = Determination
Trait CapricornⅢ(磨羯象三) = Dominance
Trait Capricorn-Aquarius(磨羯寳瓶象) = Imagination
Trait AquariusⅠ(寳瓶象一) = Genius
Trait AquariusⅡ(寳瓶象二) = Youth & Ease
Trait AquariusⅢ(寳瓶象三) = Acceptance
Trait Aquarius-Pisces(寳瓶雙魚象) = Sensitivity
Trait PiscesⅠ(雙魚象一) = Spirit
Trait PiscesⅡ(雙魚象二) = Loner
Trait PiscesⅢ(雙魚象三) = Dreamers

For Example:
Cassandra Goth
Trait 1 (Sun Trait): Vir II = Enigma
Trait 2 (Moon Trait): Vir II = Enigma
Trait 3 (Rising Trait): Vir II = Enigma
In this way, Cassandra is Enigma multiplied by 3.
God
Trait 1 (Sun Trait): Vir I = System Builders
Trait 2 (Moon Trait): Vir III = Literalist
Trait 3 (Rising Trait): Vir II = Enigma
In this way, God has 3 different traits.
Alchemists can change everything into all kinds of coins. A copper coin equals 1 simo, a silver coin equals 10 simos, a golden coin equals 100 simos, a roentgen coin equals 1,000 simos. Sims can pick up simos from the ground or deposit them in a bank or a safe and they must change simos into afris, asias, euros when they're going to use simos in Africa, Asia, Europe. The exchange rate fluctuates every day.
We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
Post edited by Yumeng on

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    Blood type
    Type A
    Best Traits: Earnest, sensible, reserved, patient, responsible, and cautious.
    Worst Traits: Fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense, obsessive and pessimistic.

Type B
    Best Traits: Passionate, active, creative, animal-loving, flexible, cheerful, optimistic.
    Worst Traits: Irresponsible, forgetful, selfish, lazy, impatient, unreliable, and "going own way."

Type AB
    Best Traits: Cool, controlled, rational, sociable, adaptable, intelligent.
    Worst Traits: Critical, indecisive, unforgiving, two-faced, aloof and "split personality."

Type O
    Best Traits: Confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive and athletic.
    Worst Traits: Self-centered, cold, aggressive, unpredictable, arrogant, envious and ruthless.
  • YumengYumeng Posts: 116 Member
    edited May 2023
    Traits of the 48 Periods & Cusps of U.S.A
    Discoverers: Gary Goldschneider & Joost Elffers
    jr31p8sf1cvu.png
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    We need the function of zodiac signs, half-tile walls, prominent window sills, inverted half walls, discontinuous voice slider(mid-value can be taken) and rotating objects horizontally and vertically in a discontinuous manner(22.5 degrees per rotation).
    edited July 2023
    This is currently the most applicable personality based system, and it is statistically calculated. Even if it is not scientific, it doesn't matter. It's a game anyway.
    Post edited by Yumeng on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Sorry, I'm not a believer of time of birth and type of blood affecting personality and relationship success. Though I know there are people who do, I'll put forward a new idea.

A trait that makes sim act accordingly to their zodiac sign and blood type and affects how they get on with others depending on their's.

Though one thing I would like to see is horoscopes. Those can be fun to read. Perhaps display it as a notification and have it affect sim's mood a little (a lot if sim has that new trait).

When the zodiac signs based on time of birth are introduced, there must be a system where twins and triplets share the same sign. Plus it can be great for storytelling. Maybe when creating a family, some signs have the aging bar more filled up a little than other (depending on seasons if Seasons ep is owned).

However, the blood types are a different story. I only know the blood types in scientific way, thus I see those as genetic. It can get difficult if we can only choose O, A, B, and AB.
    The thing is that when person with AB has a baby with O person, the baby can have either A or B-type blood. Now let's say that the baby's blood type is A, grows up and starts a family with someone with B-type blood (let's say their parents have B and O), then there would be all four options. Baby could have blood type AB, A, B, or O.
    Thus with blood types, I'd make it so: you can choose two blood types for each sim: A, B, or O. If those two blood types are A and B, sim's blood type is AB. AA and AO for A. BB and BO for B. OO for O.
    Then when two sims get together and have a baby, the baby can inherit one blood type from each parent. So when sims with AB and O blood have a baby, the baby will get either A or B from one sim and O from the other.
    It's nice to control everything but for the players who would like sims with random personality based on the birth date and the blood type, it could be nice.

In addition it could also give variations for some traits.

For example the Active sims could have predisposition for a specific sport :
    Type O = sim will be good at Rock climbing (Ambitious)
    Type AB = sim will prefer basketball (Social)
    Type A = bodybuilding (Active)
    Type B = Swimming (Earnest)

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    I wouldn't mind if it was optional additional trait thing and maybe there could be like fortune telling and face reading and such with this

but I really don't want this type of thing for all my sims because well for one even for myself ive always been opposite to all the descriptions so :sweat_smile:

really annoyed me in ts1 when horoscope was tied to personality points and i could never have it right
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    They had Zodiac signs in Sims or Sims 2 didn't they? (I can't remember, it was a while ago)

I never understood the whole fascination with blood types as a determining factor for behaviour at all. I don't know how you'd go with Vampires either, that would be funny if they switched behaviours depending on who they have been snacking on.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't believe in any of this. If they add it, I might play with the zodiac. About blood types, those are scientific but I'm not sure that I believe there are personality differences. I understand that certain cultures do have an interest in that. I wouldn't find a use unless it were medical and I am not sure what that would be.

As humans, we try to turn to systems to understand the variety in our world and infinite possibilities. I do think we could have new forms of chemistry and attraction.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2021
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    They had Zodiac signs in Sims or Sims 2 didn't they? (I can't remember, it was a while ago)

I never understood the whole fascination with blood types as a determining factor for behaviour at all. I don't know how you'd go with Vampires either, that would be funny if they switched behaviours depending on who they have been snacking on.

The Zodiac signs have been in every previous game. While in The Sims 3 it was random, The Sims 1 and 2 depended on sim's personality. Choosing a Zodiac sign is choosing a pre-set personality. When you set the personality yourself, the Zodiac sign changed accordingly. Sims who have all personalities on the same level (no points, all 5 points, or perfect personality) will have Cancer sign.

Though it had one problem: twins have different Zodiac signs. It happened much more in The Sims 3 than in The Sims 2 as sim's personality is genetic and twins tend to have same personality.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited July 2021
    Blood type
    Type A
    Worst Traits: Fastidious, overearnest, stubborn, tense, obsessive and pessimistic.

Type B
    Best Traits: Passionate, active, creative, animal-loving, flexible, cheerful, optimistic.
    Worst Traits: Irresponsible, forgetful, selfish, lazy, impatient, unreliable, and "going own way."

Type AB
    Worst Traits: Critical, indecisive, unforgiving, two-faced, aloof and "split personality."

Type O
    Best Traits: Confident, self-determined, ambitious, strong-willed, intuitive, agreeable, competitive and athletic.
    Worst Traits: Self-centered, cold, aggressive, unpredictable, arrogant, envious and ruthless.

Scorpio here I honestly don't know my bloodtype, however O's personality traits pretty much fits me to a T, except for one just swap athletic with indecisive, while I do exercise I'm pretty inconsistent with it and I really can't make decisions IRL, do I want the hamburger or the chicken burger, it's really tough picking one over the other, why can't I simply just have both?
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I like the idea of zodiac signs and blood types being added but I am not a fan of it having an effect on their personality.
    Or new chance cards based on it ?

Leo , Today about work :

"With our cosmic messenger in your zodiac sign, you will have tremendous clarity of vision and the power to persuade anyone of your ideas. With your mind running a mile a minute, you’ll exude confidence as you formulate the most important plans you’d like to tackle in the year ahead. Use Mercury’s energy to bring logic to your business affairs. You’ll have a winning edge in all writing, speaking, and communication matters."

Maybe a good opportunity to trigger an event at work and obtain a reward ?

Or new chance cards based on it ?

Leo , Today about work :

"With our cosmic messenger in your zodiac sign, you will have tremendous clarity of vision and the power to persuade anyone of your ideas. With your mind running a mile a minute, you’ll exude confidence as you formulate the most important plans you’d like to tackle in the year ahead. Use Mercury’s energy to bring logic to your business affairs. You’ll have a winning edge in all writing, speaking, and communication matters."

Maybe a good opportunity to trigger an event at work and obtain a reward ?

Good idea! And interpersonal relationship based on it.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2021
    I rummaged around and found this interesting video about the "blood type in video games" subject. I wasn't aware that it had originated based on a particular japanese author (Masahiko Nomi) back in the 1970's, only that it was something I saw in Japanese arcade games, but not western ones. For example Street Fighter 2 had it, but Mortal Kombat didn't.
    The writer Nomi himself was working based on 1920's and 30's research that was conducted in Germany, where blood transfusions were just starting to become available. The researchers were looking for ways to determine blood type, I suppose this was prior to the tests we can conduct today had been formulated. To be blunt, they wanted to make sure the blood going in to their troops was Aryan. Some German troops were tattooed with their blood type during WW2 in order to make transfusions less of a gamble.
    It's a fascinating and kinda creepy bit of history and thanks to the OP for prompting me to go down this rabbit hole : )
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    The idea is a bit... different, but blood type might be interesting for vampires, too. What if they required certain types to feed on?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    I wouldn’t mind the zodiacs being officially added into the game, but I wouldn’t wanna see blood type. That’s doing too much in my opinion and I don’t feel like it would add much in terms of meaningful gameplay, just more so a “stat” on the side.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Blood type
    Type A

Type B

Type AB

Type O

You mean blood type enhance certain traits and emotions (positive and negative ones)?
    That would be cool
    edited July 2023
    This is currently the most applicable personality based system, and it is statistically calculated. Even if it is not scientific, it doesn't matter. It's a game anyway.
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by Yumeng on
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by Yumeng on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Some of those personality types would be nice as sims traits. Like authoritarian sims would seeks jobs in position of authority and theater sims would get a performance boost in al jobs that require a bit of theatrical performance.
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by Yumeng on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm glad they left the zodiac out of Sims 4 I don't want people beliefs to determine my Sims personality. I do want a personality point system with the zodiac completely left out of it your date of birth has absolutely nothing to do with your personality.

These options like Sims 2 would be nice.

Sloppy - Neat
    Shy - Outgoing
    Lazy - Active
    Serious - Playful
    Grouchy - Nice
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited July 2023
    Post edited by Yumeng on
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    Is the game not complex enough already? with Likes and Dislikes etc., not even meshing with previous software? If you are not sure what I mean. Regardless of what Likes and Dislikes are set, or pop up during actions (does X like XX yes or no) it does not seem to fully control what they do. They still only like to do the high fun things, even if you click No! Even to the point of their other needs red-lining. I often have to remove some things because they can become obsessed with them! Like or not Like!
    But in a way, that is their personality. Just like humans ...