Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor has it that there was a burglar leak! Thoughts?

bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
https://youtu.be/_UOspCXM3wM

Thoughts? I'm excited if this is the real deal. Anyone familiar with mods please provide input as I can't determine the difference.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Looking at how messy curved walls, story progression, wants and fears, and High School Years were, I can't say I have much hope for them.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    Just like a burglar mod... I know NC4T and Carl have done something about this.
    However, the former community vote actually included The Great Heist.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited August 2022
    Can they actually release something without leaking it tho :sweat_smile:

If even this one is real its like leaks are the new announcements
    also it could just be burglar style outfit tho or playing with mod and whoever posted it found it funny that it was put on werewolf
    do feel its curious how they did that sneak out window for new pack tho my first thought literally was that burglars would love that
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Why add in yet another incomplete feature we don't even have cars for them to be put in after being arrested. I wish they would finish something like wants fears does everything have to be unfinished
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Why is the burglar a furry
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Why add in yet another incomplete feature we don't even have cars for them to be put in after being arrested. I wish they would finish something like wants fears does everything have to be unfinished

I think they are actively working on getting useable cars into the game. The Copperdale world has separate bicycle lanes, parking lots, accessible looking gas stations, and wheelchair accessible ramps. Would be nice if cops got police dogs at least, if not cars. Also, sometimes there are neighborhood patrolling policemen who make arrests, they are not always in a car.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    mewo13 wrote: »

Fursuits cost a ton.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    mewo13 wrote: »

Fursuits cost a ton.

And it's supposed to be a disguise. :lol:
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,660 Member
    edited August 2022
    Dear EA/Maxis, the term 'Cat Burglar' doesn't mean that the burglar is literally a cat.

But that would fit into this game's sense of humor.

"Did the suspect leave any evidence?"

"Yeah, the biggest hairball you've ever seen!"
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Dear EA/Maxis, the term 'Cat Burglar' doesn't mean that the burglar is literally a cat.

But that would fit into this game's sense of humor.

"Did the suspect leave any evidence?"

"Yeah, the biggest hairball you've ever seen!"

It would be cool to search random houses amongst all of the worlds to find the burglar. Maybe if they could create hiding spots throughout a home via interaction menus to check for the burglar i.e. closets, under the bed, bedroom doors that are closed. It would be cool if the burglar could pick a random disguise to hide in a crowd too.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I would absolutely love for those guys to come back, every franchise needs a villain, burglars were the sims villain, the sims 4 world is a little too perfect, Imagine if films and games didn't have a villain, Ariel would be singing about her collection all the way through of little mermaid 🤣 how boring would that be lol
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    That looks like a mod of some sort. I just can't see EA being willing to put burglars into Sims 4.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    It would be cool if this meant they were finally releasing that crime pack they had in a community vote years ago.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well I hope so, because my Darknight household & my Xmen household so needs a real hero job. :o
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Oh no, please no! I hated burglars lol. If they add them, please give us the option to turn them off. Pwetty please?
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    After being burned by the rumored horse-centric pack that turned out to be a hoax, I'm reserving judgment. Too many of these "leaks" have turned out to be utter fabrications by people looking for clicks/likes/views on social media platforms.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    After being burned by the rumored horse-centric pack that turned out to be a hoax, I'm reserving judgment. Too many of these "leaks" have turned out to be utter fabrications by people looking for clicks/likes/views on social media platforms.

but how do you know we won't get horses oriented pack this year? Its' only April and we still have one expansion to go (guaranteed) and 1-2 gamepacks. The Sims Team itself teased horses on their tiktok so its official. I hoped for horses to come earlier too but it is what it is
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    Please I hope so. This game needs some more drama. Robbers and zombies please. Wish they would bring back the zombie concept from the sims 2 where you call the grim reaper and pay a fee to bring a sim back to life, the more you pay the more normal they are, the less you pay, the more zombified they are. Really wish they would bring this back that was one of the most creative fun things from the sims 2
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    lunnarila wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »

but how do you know we won't get horses oriented pack this year? Its' only April and we still have one expansion to go (guaranteed) and 1-2 gamepacks. The Sims Team itself teased horses on their tiktok so its official. I hoped for horses to come earlier too but it is what it is

I too think it's likely this year. There are just too many things that are horse-themed or horse-centric that hints to them. Coincidentally, my first infant had a onesie with a horse print.

It was ca. early 2020; I want to say before Eco Living came out; and there was a post about a social media "leak" of a farm-centric pack (including horses) that turned out to be fake/Photoshopped.