Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What active careers and side hustles would you like to see added to the game?

bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What non rabbit hole jobs would you like to see added to the game?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Aerobics instructor.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2022
    I'd love to see more jobs like Real Estate Agent party planer all the old jobs from sims 3 showtime maybe an model
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Bands, Car Mechanic, Boxing, Martial arts trainer, professional tennis player seriously anything for athletic Sims though I'd prefer something like a football or basketball career, but they would never animate that Sims 4 get use to less.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Bands, Car Mechanic, Boxing, Martial arts trainer, professional tennis player seriously anything for athletic Sims though I'd prefer something like a football or basketball career, but they would never animate that Sims 4 get use to less.

I hope the devs see this. Never say never.. I would love your career suggestion and pay for them too.
  • universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    It'd be cool to see the bodybuilder branch of athletics get a patch update where we can go to the gym and train someone like their updated yoga in the Spa Day refresh! I'd also like to see tutoring as a side hustle. Something like: if you have a high level in a skill you can teach that on the computer for some extra pocket money.

I'd also wish they'd bring back the day care career from ts3 as well as firefighting ^^
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    A return of the showtime and ambitions jobs.
  • Mum2DJLMum2DJL Posts: 4 New Member
    Now that we have the high school pack I would love the teacher career be an active one. Imagine being able to give out detention!
    It'd be cool to see the bodybuilder branch of athletics get a patch update where we can go to the gym and train someone like their updated yoga in the Spa Day refresh! I'd also like to see tutoring as a side hustle. Something like: if you have a high level in a skill you can teach that on the computer for some extra pocket money.

I'd also wish they'd bring back the day care career from ts3 as well as firefighting ^^

Bodybuilding and personal training would be dope. Imagine training yourself to compete or training others to compete. Competitive sports careers would be cool as well with a training aspect....boxing or martial arts especially.

• Mum2DJLMum2DJL Posts: 4 New Member
    Also, the criminal career would be a fun one to be an active career.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,409 Member
    I'd love a work from home option for the astronaut, secret agent, writer,... The old base game careers need an update because all later careers give the choice between rabbit hole and work from home or active.

I would have liked if high school would have offered an active teacher career. The pack already comes with the lot for the career, namely the high school.

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Hair Stylist like in Sims 2, where you can work from home, a school teacher even the principal since we already have school. Mechanic once we get cars.
    Back to active careers and side hustles...
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Fashion designer, with sewing machine and skill and drawing board as reward
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Grim Reaper Career!

I think that would be very interesting! Collecting souls across all of the Sims worlds immersively would be a nice addition to the game.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I want to be a potion mixer. Someone asks for help, I offer a potion, they pay my spell Caster, I fly off on my broom to the next customer.
  • SoggyWaffles813SoggyWaffles813 Posts: 5 New Member
    A Movie Theater 🍿🌭
    &
    Lemonade 🍋 Stand
  • SoggyWaffles813SoggyWaffles813 Posts: 5 New Member
    And something similar to Door Dash and Uber/Lyft
    A prankster to pull pranks and hide cameras... Then show off the results on social media. Sort of like Candid Camera.
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    - Firefigher
    - Magician
    - Fortune Teller
    - Acrobat
    - Burglar / Criminal Career
    - Police
    - Occult Hunter

Firefighter, Burglar and Police active careers can be added in base game. Magician, Fortune Teller and Acrobat career could be added via Showtime like expansion pack, maybe.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Also Yoga instructor yeah you can be one at home but I want to be a yoga instructor at the spa and a massage therapist and nail tech.
  • FiendishlyDelightedFiendishlyDelighted Posts: 26 Member
    I'd like a better "fisherman" career actually. Wouldn't have to be go to work style, but it could start as like a basic deck hand, move up to crewman, and keep climbing up to captain. Would be a nice touch to name your vessel (maybe have a miniature for decor) and have increase bills to pay (for instance paying the boat off, paying for fuel). Would be an even better touch to pick from the work wheel what you're fishing for for the day (crab potting, shrimp trawling, fishing for tuna or trout). Have variable pay based off the catch (certain seasons and weather increase or decrease your catch and the selling rate, Eco lifestyles and conservation could play into it with fishery health (and give you an extra reason to bother cleaning up the worlds). I know we have a parttime career for it but I'd like to see a fulltime career for it instead.

Other than that, I want the Private Investigator career back again. Loved it in Sims3.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I'd like a better "fisherman" career actually. Wouldn't have to be go to work style, but it could start as like a basic deck hand, move up to crewman, and keep climbing up to captain. Would be a nice touch to name your vessel (maybe have a miniature for decor) and have increase bills to pay (for instance paying the boat off, paying for fuel). Would be an even better touch to pick from the work wheel what you're fishing for for the day (crab potting, shrimp trawling, fishing for tuna or trout). Have variable pay based off the catch (certain seasons and weather increase or decrease your catch and the selling rate, Eco lifestyles and conservation could play into it with fishery health (and give you an extra reason to bother cleaning up the worlds). I know we have a parttime career for it but I'd like to see a fulltime career for it instead.

Other than that, I want the Private Investigator career back again. Loved it in Sims3.

Maybe, maybe, going with the conservation theme, if you catch certain fish and keep it in certain season you get a big fine?
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I just wish it was easier to find a job as a veterinarian. I know there's a couple of career mods but I took them out of my game. I would like for sims hired as vets to show up at the pet clinic in Brindleton Bay.
    I want to run a small business. Eco Lifestyle gave some options, but I want more. Welder, car washer, mechanic, maybe build and sell hand-crafted toys- and help Clement Frost a bit... Heck, it would be cool if you could even collect trashy furniture or vehicles and fix them up to sell them, or add to some collection you have. As my Sims are usually survivalists, I would love to be able to craft and sell stuff like the items from herbalism, but also be able to hunt for meat and leather, and make stuff with it. You could make quivers and add an archery skill, leather gloves or jackets, hats? And then smoke the meat and sell or use it as well-preserved food.