Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen builds romantic relationstips with everyone

pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
So, after the High school years expansion my teen sim now gets romantic relationships with tons of teens all the time. It’s getting quite frustrating since it’s with both boys and girls she doesn’t even interested in. And she has a bf already (!) and doesn’t even have a preference in girls.

She doesn’t even do anything romantic with anyone and still new romantic relationships show up in the panel. Even her mother got a romantic relationship with her teenaged bf!! And that’s before they’ve even said hello.

And on top of it all teens just come into her house all the time as well so I have to lock the doors now.

Has anyone else experienced this bugs?
Post edited by pallies1 on

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2022
    No. However Molly invited my sim’s dad to prom. As friends I think. But he declined of course. That was a bit cringe.
  • Options
    @Dianesims that sounds very cringe.

I’m wondering if this has something to do with MCCC, it all started to happen after I updated that mod yesterday and it’s very intense. She got more a 5 romantic relationships in under 12 hours..
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I have an overachiever who did that but with only two you should have the options to get over crush.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @RedDestiny92 thank you for your advice, I’ll try to change her trait. But the thing is that it isn’t her crushes that she builds romantic relasionships with. It is random teens that she knows. Suddenly a random teen is in a romantic relationship with her without even talking to her :neutral: it doesn’t respect gender preferences either.
  • Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    I'm seeing more romantic interests among my teen sims where there shouldn't be any.
    I also wonder if it's normal after I use the "just ask to be friends option" the sim that was broken up with remains in the "romantic options" section.
    I don't have MCCC.
  • Options
    @4thefunofit4 I see, so your teen also gets into romantic relationships with many other (without them even flirting?)

All past romantic interests stay in the romance panel, even after a breakup. So that seem alright :smile:
  • Options
    pallies1 wrote: »
    I see, so your teen also gets into romantic relationships with many other (without them even flirting?)

All past romantic interests stay in the romance panel, even after a breakup. So that seem alright :smile:

Yea, I noticed a bunch of unnecessary crushes.

And the second part. I didn't remember if that was a thing or not. Thank you for clarifying.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

I’m wondering if this has something to do with MCCC, it all started to happen after I updated that mod yesterday and it’s very intense. She got more a 5 romantic relationships in under 12 hours..

I have MCCC the latest version hot fix point 2. So far nothing like that has happened in my game. Even to Joey who is very single and a tad shy.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I went in my game to confirm my statement. So in this first shot, I remember Lily Zhu vaguely but I don't recall starting anything romantic with her voluntarily when Angela Pleasant was a YA. Same for Clement aka Santa 07-31-22-5-19-31-PM.png

In all of these screenshots the Pleasant Twins are aged down to teenagers.
    07-31-22-5-20-04-PM.png

07-31-22-5-19-56-PM.png

I don't have MCCC.
    Does anyone know if using the social bunny app changes relationships faster?

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Oh that's what you meant yeah my teen just talks to others and the crush pops up like she just like attention but not all of them it is sort of funny that way.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    So, after the High school years expansion my teen sim now gets romantic relationships with tons of teens all the time. It’s getting quite frustrating since it’s with both boys and girls she doesn’t even interested in. And she has a bf already (!) and doesn’t even have a preference in girls.

She doesn’t even do anything romantic with anyone and still new romantic relationships show up in the panel. Even her mother got a romantic relationship with her teenaged bf!! And that’s before they’ve even said hello.

And on top of it all teens just come into her house all the time as well so I have to lock the doors now.

Yes I did today on PS5 and also a young adult texted my teen Simself and told him she had a crush on him and wanted to go out on a date. She's Sydney's and Savannas mother and she's married woman.
  • Options
    @4thefunofit4 I see, so your teen also gets into romantic relationships with many other (without them even flirting?)

Yes that is correct.
  • Options
    universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm sure someone will mess with the tuning on crushes soon and see that it's given too much occurrences, that and it might have to do with the relationship bugs in the game right now after the HSY patch
  • Options

I have MCCC the latest version hot fix point 2. So far nothing like that has happened in my game. Even to Joey who is very single and a tad shy.

Thank you for your answer, good that it may not be related to mccc at least.

Do your sim use social bunny? Because my sim uses that app a lot and has also gotten a lot of followers through trendi, and everyone’s writing to her on social bunny.
  • Options
    I went in my game to confirm my statement. So in this first shot, I remember Lily Zhu vaguely but I don't recall starting anything romantic with her voluntarily when Angela Pleasant was a YA. Same for Clement aka Santa 07-31-22-5-19-31-PM.png

In all of these screenshots the Pleasant Twins are aged down to teenagers.
    07-31-22-5-20-04-PM.png

07-31-22-5-19-56-PM.png

I don't have MCCC.
    Does anyone know if using the social bunny app changes relationships faster?

I’m starting to think it has something to do with social bunny, as well as the broken relationships in the game.

They do gain relationship progress faster by connecting to others in the app. But it shouldn’t affect the romance bar if they don’t flirt :neutral:
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    *double-posted
  • Options

Yes I did today on PS5 and also a young adult texted my teen Simself and told him she had a crush on him and wanted to go out on a date. She's Sydney's and Savannas mother and she's married woman.

Super weird and totally inappropriate :neutral:
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2022
    Yeah, I have exactly the same thing. I'm playing homeless teen wolf sim and they get a "romantic relationship" status with just about everyone they meet. I think it has to do with the new sexual orientation options not being correctly implemented or something. I have "exploring romantically" on "No" and they are set to supposedly only like women yet they've had crushes on both men and women and romantic interest with men and women. I've also noticed that friendship seems to build incredibly fast now. I've never had such a social sim and I used to have to try.. but now I don't have to try at all.

Traits don't seem to have anything to do with it as I have Freegan and Outdoorsy. My werewolf traits ended up being Wracked With Guilt, Carnivore, Anti-Capitalist Canine and Feels Outcasted.
  • Options

Thank you for your answer, good that it may not be related to mccc at least.

Do your sim use social bunny? Because my sim uses that app a lot and has also gotten a lot of followers through trendi, and everyone’s writing to her on social bunny.

This isn't mod related as it also happened on my PS5.
  • Options
    This doesn't seem to be happening with young adults and up when your playing them and most of mine use the social bunny app.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    It's happening in my game and seems to be both social bunny and broken relationships or sexual orientation. I have boarding school or communal teen lots and those who live together all have romance meters regardless of sexual orientation. In fact if I go to CAS it will have changed from what I set the orientation to into interested in both genders.

If the non played sims send flirty anything through social bunny it starts a romance with my Sim. My teens are constantly building unwanted romance meters.
  • Options
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    It's happening in my game and seems to be both social bunny and broken relationships or sexual orientation. I have boarding school or communal teen lots and those who live together all have romance meters regardless of sexual orientation. In fact if I go to CAS it will have changed from what I set the orientation to into interested in both genders.

If the non played sims send flirty anything through social bunny it starts a romance with my Sim. My teens are constantly building unwanted romance meters.

Maybe you better mention that in the link above.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's happening to my teen Sim as well and specifically on Social Bunny. She suddenly has romance bars with almost everyone, both boys and girls and she's only interested of boys romantically.
    I'm afraid of playing any of my gay Sims, at least I'm not going to use Social Bunny with them.

Also my teen's parents are on Social Bunny and for some reason the father sends mean messages to the mother, like "even cowplant wouldn't want to be near you" or "go back into your house and remove the door, no one wants to see you in public". They have maxed their friendship & romance bars which makes it really weird. In real life that man would get a boot on his backside, his stuff packed in a suitcase and thrown out of the house with one way ticket to as far as possible. He's lucky he's just a Sim.

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I've said it in another thread but I'm either super dense or I really just don't know how sexual orientation works because straight teen sims keep developing same-sex crushes and it kinda irritates me because then why add the setting if it doesn't actually matter anyway? :neutral: