Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging with 7/26/2022 patch

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Most issues I can ignore but the age boost has ruined the game and now it’s unplayable for me. I don’t expect a miracle but can they pull a few all nighters and get this and the other problems fixed!

As much as I want them to fix the bugs, it's just a game. Health and sleep are more important. Rushing and a stressful work environment are likely what got us here in the first place.
  • Options
    collegemommaof3collegemommaof3 Posts: 131 Member
    I was on normal lifespan. Updated ALLLL my mods, and it was fine, redecorated my ENTIRE 6 bedroom house, SAVED it, and then my toddler aged up was fine. He went to plan outfits and it took him back to toddler and my house reverted back to the original stuff :disappointed:
  • Options
    SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    As much as I want them to fix the bugs, it's just a game. Health and sleep are more important. Rushing and a stressful work environment are likely what got us here in the first place.

I agree with you that this is how we got here. EA needs to show respect for its skilled workers. Not doing so will continue to cause them trouble. Yes, they are a billion dollar corporation, but corporations can suffer from PR disasters. I'm sure they aren't crazy about the headlines that are popping up about this.

• Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    ...so this is a thread to report the bug on the warning of the bug, am i following this right !?
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    CrazyFrog wrote: »
    ...so this is a thread to report the bug on the warning of the bug, am i following this right !?

Bugception.
  • Options
    KittyRIOTxxKittyRIOTxx Posts: 50 Member
    Is anyone else having issues with teenagers and aging up, removing all progress in school? At this point, it doesn't even register that she's back to a teen when I age her back down and it's just stuck on 'Join a Career'. I'm losing my mind. :#
  • Options
    GwenesiscoupeGwenesiscoupe Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes I am too and its ruining my gameplay! My thrifted clothing never comes off either. I've been dying for another patch or something
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    How long *should* the teen lifestage now be on normal lifespan? Because on normal lifespan the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be 13). Is this an intentional increase or a glitch?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's best to turn off the aging so the teen stays a teen for as long as you want it to. ;)
  • Options
    Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    when i go into CAS or save/exit, save as, and then restart - my game reverts back several days. I just lost several hours of play and I had saved often during that time - when I closed and reopened, i was back to 8am on day 1 - this is absolutely ridiculous and makes this game unplayable.

If I did my job and produced this kind of product I would not be employed anymore. This is why EA should give us the ability to roll back to a previous patch and have any new content disabled so that we can use the game we have paid quite a bit of money to use.

Funny how my money never glitches or has to be fixed - they can handle money transactions easily but apparently not delivering a product that can be used correctly.

Sorry, just rage quit and tired of dealing with this knowing that it will continue most of this week. Having every stupid bug that has been mentioned so far on all the threads.

If anyone out there reads this and has not already patched their game - DO NOT PATCH! I learned my lesson today and will NEVER update this game again. Too big a track record that EA/Maxis has on delivering defective product.
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    edited July 2022
    How long *should* the teen lifestage now be on normal lifespan? Because on normal lifespan the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be 13). Is this an intentional increase or a glitch?

Teens on normal should be 14 days; unless they changed it.

Right now I'm taking advantage of the glitch. One of my stories is that one of my sims (Nancy Drew) kidnapped the Prescott sisters so they don't age without me knowing since I planned to play with those sims anyway.
  • Options
    universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    This is a known bug that's been going around since the recent update. The Sims team said they're looking into solutions and should have an emergency patch done sometime this week!
  • Options
    ttoy97ttoy97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Every time I log off and back on and I mean fully close the sims not just exit to main menu when I get back on my, what were once young, adults aged up to adults and then tried to age up to elders all in less than like 2 weeks in game play and I have lifespans set to long. Also that is just one of many issues I have noticed but i wont post those on this forum.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    ttoy97 wrote: »
    Every time I log off and back on and I mean fully close the sims not just exit to main menu when I get back on my, what were once young, adults aged up to adults and then tried to age up to elders all in less than like 2 weeks in game play and I have lifespans set to long. Also that is just one of many issues I have noticed but i wont post those on this forum.

They suggest to play with aging off as the bug affects the long age span.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Plushtrap_19Plushtrap_19 Posts: 1 New Member
    For my Game because I turned aging off everyone is becoming celebrities' even my family's cat is famous along with their butler both of them being proper celebrities because my family is crazy famous in the game and its like everyone who my family is even friendly with or associates with are climbing the ranks every time my sims see them they are at a different status.
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    I've been holding off on commenting because I hate it when I have an issue and people say "Weird, not me!". Drives me up the wall.

Then I decided that you can't really troubleshoot a bug if you don't have all the facts.

So....."weird, not me."

Sorry!

I have always set up my worlds first on aging long and then disabled aging. I went into my world (I have saves outside the folder so it is not an issue and I can just delete the save if it comes to that) and tested. First I went into CAS from the world view with the cheat enabled, fiddled around and then went to that household. Nobody aged up. Then I went to a household in another world and loaded it, this time I went into CAS by clicking the sim. Fiddled around, saved the household, tested. Again, nobody aged up. I then checked many of my supernatural households because I read they were having issues, not for me. I played a household for a sim day to see if the aging was delayed, nope.

I don't know if it's because I never have aging on so I didn't need to change anything? But I'm not having "THIS" bug, I do have the travel bug...gah.

It could also be that when I create my townies, they always drink the potion of youth to knock off all the days that are added when you create a new sim. Maybe that potion isn't allowing the bug? Don't know.

TL:DR I have long life span greyed out and aging off, I do not have the aging bug.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Martinv wrote: »

Right now I'm taking advantage of the glitch. One of my stories is that one of my sims (Nancy Drew) kidnapped the Prescott sisters so they don't age without me knowing since I planned to play with those sims anyway.

It's now 21 days.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited August 2022

It's now 21 days.

Was it only the teens that changed?

Where can we find the current lifespans for all ages?
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »

It's now 21 days.

Was it only the teens that changed?

Where can we find the current lifespans for all ages?

Nope. Young adult and adult also changed. On normal lifespan, the teen lifestage is now 21 days long (it used to be1 3). The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days.
  • Options

It's now 21 days.

@luthienrising is this intentional though? Or is it a glitch? You'd have thought that if it were intentional it'd have been mentioned somewhere in the patch notes but there's nothing about it there.

It isn't just the teen lifestage which has changed either. The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days on normal lifespan and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Those are some pretty major increases. If it was intentional, why weren't we warned?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    honestly as a player i see no point in letting sims age i find the game way more fun keeping aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited August 2022

It's now 21 days.

@luthienrising is this intentional though? Or is it a glitch? You'd have thought that if it were intentional it'd have been mentioned somewhere in the patch notes but there's nothing about it there.

It isn't just the teen lifestage which has changed either. The young adult and adult life stages are now also longer (young adult has gone from 21 days to 24 days on normal lifespan and adult has gone from 24 days to 33 days. Those are some pretty major increases. If it was intentional, why weren't we warned?

@MaggieMarley Wow! Those are significant changes to the length of the life stages on normal lifespan. I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?
  • Options

It's now 21 days.

@MaggieMarley Wow! I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?

This is why I wonder whether it may be a bug rather than by design. It's frustrating because I'm playing a legacy and want to play without cheats. If the life stages weren't meant to be increased in length, then playing with them as they are feels like cheating. But if they are now meant to be longer, I don't want to make my sims age up before their time.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager

It's now 21 days.

@MaggieMarley Wow! Those are significant changes to the length of the life stages on normal lifespan. I wonder why the lifespan changes were not announced in the patch notes? Anyone know? @EA_Cade ?

Hiya,

Not sure why this wasn't called out in the patch notes, but yes these re-tuned lifespans were an intentional change.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png