Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar and High School Years

mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
For those of you who purchased HSY and own Seasons, can you schedule your own holidays/events in the calendar on a friday or saturday?

Because I found out, that we can't use these days anymore for our own events in the calendar, because the school events are blocking the option to make our own event on the same day.

If that is intentional, then it is a HUGE oversight, because the weekend on the calendar is practically useless from now on except for players who only play teens and the high school. But what about for example weddings on a friday or saturday? Or just normal gameplay with all the other packs...there is so much more to do on the weekends than prom and high school stuff. This is not acceptable, if friday and saturday are exclusively blocked for high school gameplay.

If you have the MCCC, you have to put the mod out to test this properly.

I haven't purchased the pack, and if this doesn't get fixed, then HSY would be the first ever expansion pack, that I would not be able to buy. Because this would be a gamebreaker for me. The High School gameplay is just a little part of this life simulation game, NOT the main feature!

If someone in charge reads this, please please let us cancel the events, so that they are not blocking EVERY friday and saturday in the calendar. I just wanna be able to use the calendar as before, and be able to schedule my own school events whenever my teens are ready for them! I play with aging off and it is just ridiculous to have them constantly in the calendar. And now it is even worse because they are actively blocking the player to schedule own events.
Post edited by mrs_starkey on

Comments

• SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I was able to create a Keg event on Saturday at 5pm but it couldn't start at 6pm because of an event that's taking place in Del Sol Valley at 6pm. The High School Prom starts at 7pm on a Saturday and that slot was actually free for me to pick. You can see that the prom isn't even showing up on the Calendar and I took out MCCC when I took this picture.

Screenshot-51.png
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    Thank you very much for looking it up in your game and for your answer. :)

Hm, the same happened in the german forums at first. The prom was not showing up in the calendar because of the MCCC and the person was able to schedule a holiday.
    But when she tried it in a completely new vanilla game, she was not able to make own holidays on fridays and saturdays because of the HSY events.

Are you able to schedule a holiday or event on friday (with the paper and the pencil icon)? :)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2022
    I'll test it later tonight but one thing I do find is that the calendar is soooo full now. I kinda wish they'd leave more time between events, also depending on how many weeks your seasons are. I think one or two fairs a month (I consider seasons months lol), one or two city festivals, one festival in Mt Komorebi, one prom etc. should be enough. Even a toggle "reduce festivals" would be neat. It's just so convoluted, and if all that stuff prevents us from adding our own things, it would be even more irritating.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I'll test it later tonight but one thing I do find is that the calendar is soooo full now. I kinda wish they'd leave more time between events, also depending on how many weeks your seasons are. I think one or two fairs a month (I consider seasons months lol), one or two city festivals, one festival in Mt Komorebi, one prom etc. should be enough. Even a toggle "reduce festivals" would be neat. It's just so convoluted, and if all that stuff prevents us from adding our own things, it would be even more irritating.

Yes, I think so too! I really love the feature of the calendar, but somehow I wish that the events from the different packs and worlds would not show up there or better, if I could hide events that I don't want to see in my calendar.
    I personally would like to see just my own events and the events, that I plan to visit.

And thank you for testing it later. :)
    Thank you very much for looking it up in your game and for your answer. :)

Hm, the same happened in the german forums at first. The prom was not showing up in the calendar because of the MCCC and the person was able to schedule a holiday.
    But when she tried it in a completely new vanilla game, she was not able to make own holidays on fridays and saturdays because of the HSY events.

Are you able to schedule a holiday or event on friday (with the paper and the pencil icon)? :)

Well, It appears we can't plan holidays on exam day/Friday but we can still plan party events on exam day/Friday's. I haven't tested wedding events on a Friday.

Screenshot-54.png
    OK, In order to create a Friday calendar holiday in your world. The work around is to have a sim without teenagers in the household schedule the Friday holiday. This is good to know. :)

Screenshot-55.png
    edited August 2022
    After creating the holiday from the household without teenagers. This is how the calendar looks now from the household with a teenager. You can see the Friday holiday is there and exam day. I did it to where they don't have to go to school that day too. I haven't tested to see if the student would have school on Friday but if someone reading would like to test Friday holiday's out, that would be great.
    Screenshot-57.png
    Post edited by SnaveXs on
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I wasn't sure the first time I saw the calendar...yikes! Um, we're going to need a bigger calendar, lol. This one makes my eyes bleed. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    @SnaveXs Thank you so much for testing this in your game and posting here, what you've found out! :) So kind of you!
    I'm disappointed that HSY are limiting our use of the calendar and I still wish they would fix that, but the workarounds you posted are a solution till then. :)

Thursday is a normal day then (calendar-wise), inspite that there is a football on every thursday scheduled?

Do households without a teenager still have the school events showing in their calendar? From that one picture it seems to be so...that is so annoying and useless to me.

@bshag4lv Yes, I absolutely agree! The calendar is way to filled up now! I wish we could make the events, that are not relevant to our household, invisible and choose, which ones are visible. That way the calendar would feel more personal to every Sim family. I mean, why would a Sim without teenagers put prom and schooltest into their calendar every week? Why would a Sim, who is not interested in farming and is living in San Myshuno, have the Henford on Bagley Festivals in their calendar every saturday?
    I don't like that at all and I wish that they would give us the option to personalize our calendar.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,375 Member
    @SnaveXs Thank you so much for testing this in your game and posting here, what you've found out! :) So kind of you!
    I'm disappointed that HSY are limiting our use of the calendar and I still wish they would fix that, but the workarounds you posted are a solution till then. :)

Thursday is a normal day then (calendar-wise), inspite that there is a football on every thursday scheduled?

Do households without a teenager still have the school events showing in their calendar? From that one picture it seems to be so...that is so annoying and useless to me.

@bshag4lv Yes, I absolutely agree! The calendar is way to filled up now! I wish we could make the events, that are not relevant to our household, invisible and choose, which ones are visible. That way the calendar would feel more personal to every Sim family. I mean, why would a Sim without teenagers put prom and schooltest into their calendar every week? Why would a Sim, who is not interested in farming and is living in San Myshuno, have the Henford on Bagley Festivals in their calendar every saturday?
    I don't like that at all and I wish that they would give us the option to personalize our calendar.

Households without teenagers have all calendar events, same as everyone. Would be nice if we could check in advance what events to mark in the calendar to show up for each individual household, it would be so much easier to keep track of the ones we do want to attend and if needed to prepare for them.
    @crocobaura Ok, thank you.

Well...that's how it is, I guess. *sigh*

Maybe someone is willing to make a bug report about the issue, that HSY events are blocking the player from creating our own holidays on the same days. I would do it myself, but I don't have the newest patch or the HSY pack, so I think it would be weird if I would make the bug report on a pack I don't own. :D Just note, that in the german forums people were not able to use friday and saturday in their vanilla game anymore, because tests and prom were blocking them from creating their own holidays.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,375 Member
    @crocobaura Ok, thank you.

Well...that's how it is, I guess. *sigh*

Maybe someone is willing to make a bug report about the issue, that HSY events are blocking the player from creating our own holidays on the same days. I would do it myself, but I don't have the newest patch or the HSY pack, so I think it would be weird if I would make the bug report on a pack I don't own. :D Just note, that in the german forums people were not able to use friday and saturday in their vanilla game anymore, because tests and prom were blocking them from creating their own holidays.

I play vanilla myself. I have a bunch of holidays I created myself, then there are the various festivals, then the talent nights, and award nights, and the calendar is generally a big mess with a lot of stuff showing if you have all the packs. And every single weekend is now blocked off with prom and school festivals even for single sims with no teenagers in the household. That is a horrible mess. I haven't tried to add any more holidays to that huge mess, but I am sure it will be tricky with all time slots taken up by events they have no intention to attend.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    If it truly is locked as suggested, this is beyond egregious. Currently, it is possible to have more than one Event on the same day. I created a 'holiday' wherein my Sims attend church services. This in no way interferes with the weekly occurrence of the Starlight Accolades, also always on a Sunday. Other Events have been scheduled by the game, too, such as the Youth Festival. I shall have to doublecheck in my game to see if we can't schedule other events on Friday or Saturdays. That would be a bummer and a half, if so. I also have MCCC installed in my game. I see nothing in it that would interfere with the calendar, so your remarks perplex me.

The Talent contests are still on my calendar for Fridays and Saturdays in the evening. I've had my Sims attend one Prom, and now there's another one scheduled. I don't think I've ever seen Prom marked on the calendar, but then again I don't check it all of the time, either.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Thank you so much!! :) I hope lots of people will click on the "Me too" Button, so it gets fixed!
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,621 Member
    That's disappointing... I was looking forward to buying HSY. Maybe not.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I also have MCCC installed in my game. I see nothing in it that would interfere with the calendar, so your remarks perplex me.

Before MCCC own hotfix, it removed prom from calendar.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina