This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Problems Since the Latest Patch

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,811 Member
    Besides all the above mentioned, in my well functioning werewolf couple - you now being destiny meant for each other and all - the male suddenly wanted to part with his girlfriend. Both are very sad. And I am missing the option to turn off wants and fears like we could before.

That is a problem when the feature of one pack cancels out the feature of another. This shouldn't affect fated mates or adult Sims at all.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,918 Member
    I just noticed I can select “Can get pregnant/impregnate other sims” in CAS for teens. Is this normal ?
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,168 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    The front doors (and back if applicable) are gone from all of the houses in all 7 saves. And it won't let me place new ones.

EDIT; no, ALL of the doors are gone in every house, including all interior ones. I can place a passageway, but not a door

which lots/ worlds are you playing?

there has been lots of lot related issues since DHD haven't had the issue in windenburg or forgotten hollow though

did you use curved walls or moo on those doors by any chance?
    did you go to manage worlds and back?
    *is starting to sound like tech support telling you to turn it off and on again*

I'm just worried for my own lots cause boy that sounds annoying :lol: didn't run into it in windenburg and forgotten hollow at least yet thank watcher

All lots, all worlds, every structure, every save. No curved walls or moo.

Right now all sims are either trapped in rooms because the doors are gone, or they can't get in and out of their house because of no doors
  • Options
    My straight female sim had a whim to ask Molly to be her girlfriend, even though she is set as straight and not exploring romantically in CAS and she has no romance bar with Molly.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,333 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    The front doors (and back if applicable) are gone from all of the houses in all 7 saves. And it won't let me place new ones.

EDIT; no, ALL of the doors are gone in every house, including all interior ones. I can place a passageway, but not a door

which lots/ worlds are you playing?

there has been lots of lot related issues since DHD haven't had the issue in windenburg or forgotten hollow though

did you use curved walls or moo on those doors by any chance?
    did you go to manage worlds and back?
    *is starting to sound like tech support telling you to turn it off and on again*

I'm just worried for my own lots cause boy that sounds annoying :lol: didn't run into it in windenburg and forgotten hollow at least yet thank watcher

All lots, all worlds, every structure, every save. No curved walls or moo.

Right now all sims are either trapped in rooms because the doors are gone, or they can't get in and out of their house because of no doors

oh that sounds bad
    game repair? reinstall? do you have any mods or cc in your game? uh what else could one try

did you go to build mode from manage worlds or while playing household or both?

idk what else i would try really
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FaithWittenFaithWitten Posts: 49 Member

So Borked! Besides all the other bugs I've encountered...Husband just randomly disappears from household? Can't find him. Guess he went for a pack of smokes? Then TWO Patchys show up in my sims home. One adult, one young adult. Then one Patchy sends a text to my sim's toddler and asks to move relationship to the "next level"?! :D ...I feel like I'm writing a horror movie!
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    So after I posted that I could open up the cheat window I go back on today after I finish work to the window not opening again..... yep I am not sure what is going on
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,559 Member
    So, I just discovered a couple of more bugs. School will not start in any of my saves. The kids and staff show up, the school clock is running, but everyone is just standing around. Clicking the white board to attend class is not given as an option.

And Mei Prescott (the principal) is unemployed.

This is in all 7 of my saves, btw. This new patch is the most bug-ridden one I've ever seen.

I experienced something similar, not school related.
    But I put in a household of sims and when I loaded it up, everyone was just standing around. I could not get them to do anything.
    What was obvious was they were all wearing CC school Uniforms. I removed all their clothes in CAS and gave them HSY outfits.
    That fixed it immediately. I have now removed all CC clothes, I think. I need to go into CAS to see if I can find anymore CC, see.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    hobislongsnakeuhobislongsnakeu Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2022
    These are the bugs I am experiencing since this patch:

-Prom never actually happens, but my sims can ask each other to prom, make promposals, do pre-prom meetups, etc.

-My created, unplayed sims are being duplicated. The ones that go to school in Copperdale are not the same sims at their home residences. (Ex. my sim I am currently playing as meets a sim I made named Lylah at Copperdale HS, but when I go to her residency, she is a different sim. When I look at my relationships tab, I have two Lylahs (My workaround is just to delete the one I met in Copperdale with MCCC). To clarify, this does not happen with every single one of my created sims that I have placed in the world, only a few of them).

-My sim keeps crushing on all of her friends for some reason? Like, every single one of them that fits her sexual orientation.

-Game pop-ups and prompts aren't using the pronouns I set for any of my sims.

-Sims are constantly switching seats while talking to other sims (more than they used to before this patch smh).

-Along with the usual text boxes, there is this one empty text bubble that shows up every time I click on a sim that I am not playing as (probably caused by mods tbh).

-Seam in the middle of my pets when they are painted on.

-My sim just stops taking her exam to do other things like run on the treadmill.

I am not experiencing the aging up bug thankfully, but I mean... all of these put together are just as bad LOL
    Post edited by hobislongsnakeu on
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I've just had the entire contents of one of my families homes completely removed. This is the third time its happened and on this occasion with a completely different family. Every piece of furniture is gone and all the decorating has vanished. What's the point in editing everything if the game is going to keep messing it up?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,791 Member
    I don't have any major game breaking bugs... just annoying ones.

Sometimes my sims can't travel together, sims are washing their hands in a sink located somewhere else after using the bathroom, my sims seem to cancel the "take exam" interaction sometimes.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't have any major game breaking bugs... just annoying ones.

Sometimes my sims can't travel together, sims are washing their hands in a sink located somewhere else after using the bathroom, my sims seem to cancel the "take exam" interaction sometimes.

I have that hand washing thing too. I have a rather large generational home and they will potty and then walk all the way to the other end of the house to wash their hands. When I see it, I stop them and have them wash their hands in their bathroom and it works, so I know it's not a sink MOO issue.
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I haven't played the new pack yet, playing in cottage living. Lots of issues there. There are about 3 or 4 mayors, at least 4 pub owners, the grocery stand and garden stand always have someone new in them, the creature keeper is never consistent. I have aging turned off for all sims as well as animals, and no issue with a sim aging but the animals keep aging and grim keeps visiting, even though it is turned off. One sim keeps her phone out constantly, regardless of what task shes doing. Shower and sleep are the only times she puts it down. Some of the errands won't complete for me, they aren't grayed out or anything, they just aren't an option in dialogue menu. And today when I loaded my game, the music from the loading screen won't turn off, just keeps playing during gameplay. You can milk the cow anytime you want to, and you can shear the Llama twice a day if you want to. plants won't evolve unless you have the golden chicken to perform their magic. It's like all mayhem broke loose and the town fair isn't working right, all these mayors show up, all the different pub owners show up, everyone is a judge . So it may be by design, but it isn't the way it used to be at all.
  • Options
    sawyersawyer Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't have the new pack, but the sexual orientation update is interfering with my preexisting sims. I tried to play a save game with 2 male sims married to each other and when the WooHoo action is selected, I get notifications that their sexual orientations are incompatible.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,591 Member
    My god. What. Is. Happening?

Is this the Apocalypse of Sim Nation?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Here I had a lot of bugs as well.
    - My adult sims post about prom on Social Bunny.
    Tbc
    I don't think it's strictly a bug. It's just how it's created. Social Bunny is based on a fixed group of preset phrases which was written with teens in mind. No matter who is having Social Bunny account. Phrases will always be the same. I was testing this expansion with Harris household. I gave Social Bunny accounts to Granny, Dad and Jeb. All were adding contacts of their own age group. All have absolutely the same set of messages/DMs in their timeline in the end. Elders were writing about proms, adults were DMing to "besties" and so on. This system just does not take age or real events into account. There will be complaints about prom in the middle of the week. Or once Jeb received incredibly rude message from his granny out of the blue while they are almost +100 in their relationships. It's just rng.

By the way speaking of Harris family I've remembered that with new expansion I saw a bug with them which I later managed to replicate with other families (the one from Tartosa and Spencer-Kim-Lewis). When a child is selecting their grandparents to chat an option "adopt as a caregiver" appears. Which normally only appears for YA+ on adopted children. And it appears only on grandparents, for parents everything is fine and as usual.

For father:
    Screenshot-782.png
    For Granny:
    Screenshot-783.png
  • Options
    Simsband2020Simsband2020 Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyone else having the problem with when sims go to grab food, they set it on the ground and won't eat??
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 957 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    By the way speaking of Harris family I've remembered that with new expansion I saw a bug with them which I later managed to replicate with other families (the one from Tartosa and Spencer-Kim-Lewis). When a child is selecting their grandparents to chat an option "adopt as a caregiver" appears. Which normally only appears for YA+ on adopted children. And it appears only on grandparents, for parents everything is fine and as usual.
    I don't think it is a bug but a game mechanic. It enables grandparents (or other "non parents" such as older siblings) to care for the toddlers and children better. I have used it a lot with my sims. I often move toddlers and children to the grandparents household to spend a couple of days with their grandparents. Then the parents also get some time for themselves and can go on a vacation together or something. Anyway, I don't remember when I first saw it (maybe a couple of years ago), but at some point I noticed that especially the toddlers wouldn't cooperate with grandparents unless the grandparent picked the option "adopt as care dependent" (sometimes it was already picked for them) and the toddler chose the "adopt as caregiver" option. I have had teens take care of their younger siblings like this too.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Once again, my fear of bugs saved me from installing the newest update. And I can't help but ask the question that must be on a lot of players's minds right now: Why wasn't this update tested more thoroughly before releasing it? So, after reading various threads and seeing how many glitches, bugs and whatnot have found their way into the game, there is no way I am going to purchase the new EP or bother to update my game until this mess is cleaned up. I was very excited about the new EP, too, so I was disappointed again when the shiny 'new' game play is about finding workarounds and mods or waiting for Maxis to dole out fixes. One would think I'd be used to it by now because nothing coming out of the studio has worked properly upon release for years. The last pack I purchased that was actually playable upon release was Nifty Knitting. And how long ago did that happen? Sims4 High School just became one more pack I will wait to buy at half price. When and if it ever becomes playable, of course. :/
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 905 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    My god. What. Is. Happening?

Is this the Apocalypse of Sim Nation?

It feels like it doesn't it. So many bugs, and no rhyme or reason, it's all over the place. Some are probably mod or cc related, but surely not all of them. I am thankful to only have had a handful so far. Note I said so far. I hold my breath everytime I get in game.
  • Options

I get it but I think they should work on it. I just had an adult sim send a flirty message about a teenage on social bunny. That’s creepy!
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Tbc
    I don't think it's strictly a bug. It's just how it's created. Social Bunny is based on a fixed group of preset phrases which was written with teens in mind. No matter who is having Social Bunny account. Phrases will always be the same. I was testing this expansion with Harris household. I gave Social Bunny accounts to Granny, Dad and Jeb. All were adding contacts of their own age group. All have absolutely the same set of messages/DMs in their timeline in the end. Elders were writing about proms, adults were DMing to "besties" and so on. This system just does not take age or real events into account. There will be complaints about prom in the middle of the week. Or once Jeb received incredibly rude message from his granny out of the blue while they are almost +100 in their relationships. It's just rng.

For father:
    Screenshot-782.png
    For Granny:
    Screenshot-783.png

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

- My sims can’t have pillow fights, it doesn’t work ;(
    - Molly invited my sim’s DAD to prom.
    - My sims can do their homework at school but not at home.
    - Sometimes they won’t eat food they cook.
    - I had many female sims randomly generated in CAS with chest and back hair (EW!)
    - Surprisingly my sims can use CC beds, even though it’s buggy.
    Tbc

Hmm… did you upgrade the CC-beds? They are apparently wonky after the patch. What if some of your problems are related to the not-updated-beds?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,058 Member
    I am glad I waited and decided not to go into my game till some of the big problems are fixed. I wonder if some problems mentioned however are due to mods and CC. But, I’m not opening my games even though I use no mods or CC.

• Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Also now seeing that all of my Sims are Global Superstars. My Mailman is a Global Superstar. y Plumber is a Global Superstar. Even my dog is a Global Superstar. Dogs can't handle that kind of pressure.
  • Options
    cleo224cleo224 Posts: 87 Member
    I just wanted to add that I have never used CC or Mods, (because I don't know how to haha) so these are not related to mods/cc breaking from the patch. It seems that is always the go to response from EA each time bugs emerge but it just isn't the case.