Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Graduating early allows teens to enroll in and attend university.

I am so happy about different ways to end High School. Being expelled or going to Uni early. It gives a little more character to the sims and I am really looking forward to pairing them up with different traits from the Parenthood Pack. An irresponsible sim that gets expelled from school and then lives as a beach bum in Sulani. Living a great life off-grid with few possessions and problems. I have too many saves I want to do.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    You can have more than one crush even if you're dating one.

How do crushes happen? I played for hours and my sims even had hundreds of followers and not one crush happend.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    Can adult sims get out of the window?

Does anyone know?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited August 2022
    Looks like the acne gets progressively bad when you leave it unattended to.
    Here's how bad it got for Lilith Pleasant without any treating.
    R6RYjWF.png
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    Did you Know?, if you have certain packs installed, you'll learn more during certain classes. Social Studies will teach Archaeology and Selvedorian Culture skills. Art class will teach Acting and Photography.
    If your teen skips out on school and comes back getting caught by the principal they'll be chewed out about it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I had my teacher sim visit the school after hours after she returned from her job and there were students around and when it was time for them to leave the principal was going after them kind of shooing them away from classrooms.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    edited July 2022
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Did you know that they no longer are advertising that you can use the laptop in bed? This pack is mainly a big list of "Can'ts" and "Nope. Not today little Simmer" and "We didn't have time."

Molly is not holding a laptop in bed in the trailer; it is the new Elite Jamming Tablet.

My teen was relaxing in bed and then I clicked an option on the new Elite Jamming Tablet. I keep the Elite Jamming Tablet in my Sim's inventory. This is what happened which is what they showed Molly doing in the trailer in the trailer.
    Teen-Bed-Animation.jpg
    edited July 2022
    Can adult sims get out of the window?

Does anyone know?

Yes, adults Sims can also come in and out using the window.
  • VVitchlingVVitchling Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know how to select what sims in the world you want to show up in the HS? i made 3 sims and placed them in the world and was hoping they would show up at the HS but they dont
    edited July 2022

This is one of the things I really really detest. I wish that possessed sims would remain possessed and that rampaging werewolves would just rampage please without phone-use. It feels like they did not test this feature with occult sims and as a player of many different occults it breaks the immersion of your occult sim. All that work to make the possessed sims that creepy, they are amazing to watch and now they just go regular from the waist up while their legs continue to be possessed.

It might be different for players who just play regular sims but I would hate to see my occult sims doing this and it is one of the reasons why I am staying on an older patch.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    And my werewolf went on a rampage at the community center when it was raining and of course he was carrying a cute green umbrella the whole time even as tons of sims around him were fainting.
    edited July 2022

This is one of the things I really really detest. I wish that possessed sims would remain possessed and that rampaging werewolves would just rampage please without phone-use. It feels like they did not test this feature with occult sims and as a player of many different occults it breaks the immersion of your occult sim. All that work to make the possessed sims that creepy, they are amazing to watch and now they just go regular from the waist up while their legs continue to be possessed.

It might be different for players who just play regular sims but I would hate to see my occult sims doing this and it is one of the reasons why I am staying on an older patch.

Yeah, it is different because I only play with regular sims. Yet, I do get what your saying.
    rudolpha wrote: »
    And my werewolf went on a rampage at the community center when it was raining and of course he was carrying a cute green umbrella the whole time even as tons of sims around him were fainting.

I know you didn't mean for this to be funny; but reading it made me laugh so hard. 😂
    edited July 2022
    VVitchling wrote: »
    does anyone know how to select what sims in the world you want to show up in the HS? i made 3 sims and placed them in the world and was hoping they would show up at the HS but they dont

The game selects who attends high school; the player has no control over this. Make sure you create enough teens with varied traits if you want the game to select from them. Give a couple of your teens the mean trait as well. Happy Simming! :wink:
    @Hearts4u thank you for saying that <3

I get that it fits better for regular sims. I might not like it that much personally but they are aware and cognizant of their surroundings . When occult sims that are supposed to be out of control, possessed or rampaging/running on all fours, do this it really stands out like a sore thumb. Well, to me at least. We all have things that we are extra attached to.

Hmm… there is a mod that lets you pick the students for the school.

The requirement for this to work is that the students are part of the High School clubs and that one of them have the mean trait. It might be worth to play each student that you want to attend school and making them join different clubs and then marking them as unplayed npc again.

Looks like the game needs students that are a part of the clubs and one meanie. Since I try to keep my mods-folder slim that is what I would start with at least.

On the phone, otherwise I would search for the mod and link it.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    @catloverplayer so far in my game they seem to happen at random, even though Patty is socially awkward she has several friends and has a few she interacts with fairly regularly but only a few of them have been crushed on by her. She got over one crush, and developed another with a friend she went to the prom with then she got one on her former rival that will probably be her husband one day. She's had four.

Also I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong with the window the game told me that I placed it right but no one can use it and if I put the ladder immediately under it the window is sold cause it can't be there. Any help there?
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Also I'm unsure what I'm doing wrong with the window the game told me that I placed it right but no one can use it and if I put the ladder immediately under it the window is sold cause it can't be there. Any help there?

Did you build a "ledge" from the wall? I thought I read (or saw) that you need to have a "floor" for them to step out of the window and onto it before they can go down the ladder.
    clEOC4n.png
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    I do have a ledge so the ladder is working just not the window, hmm maybe it's not wide enough.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited August 2022
    I do have a ledge so the ladder is working just not the window, hmm maybe it's not wide enough.

Try locking the bedroom door then your Sim will go out the window. When the door is unlocked, they will use the door even if they are standing right next to the window. I did notice in the livestream that they had to lock the door to get the Sim to go in and out of the window. I'm assuming that they would only sneak out the window if they are sneaking out of the house after receiving some type of pop-up invitation.

Haven't had the sneaking out option come up; so, I don't know if a Sim will go out the window if they are sneaking out of the house. When I actually start playing for real, I'm hoping to see how this new feature is suppose to function. It must be related to being asked something about sneaking out of the house. Yet, I did get a pop up from a Sim telling me his parents were out and if I wanted to come over; but, I wasn't at home and by time I got home it was too late.
    Window.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    I noticed upon breaking curfew (if you have Parenthood) your sims parents actually reprimand you now.

Before they really didn't have much of any reaction to you breaking curfew in the least by coming in late or otherwise, but now? They definitely fuss at you for doing so. :P
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi guys ive been reading all the comments just wondering if u think this EP is worth getting

Imo its not.
    The gameplay is very shallow (School is basically just watching the sim sitting in class with no way to interact with them and all after school activities are rabbit holes with occasional photo shootings.) and in many cases broken (sneaking out often not working, thrifting being a money cheat when you can sell random outfits for millions, prom not working with get famous, the entire relashionship system and other simmers asking you being busted, social bunny overriding sexual orientation, allowing you to romance sims that are not interested in you and so on).

Honestly I have no idea why anyone would reccommend HSY, but for some reasons there are people giving it a 7 out of 10...
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member

Hmm… there is a mod that lets you pick the students for the school.

The requirement for this to work is that the students are part of the High School clubs and that one of them have the mean trait. It might be worth to play each student that you want to attend school and making them join different clubs and then marking them as unplayed npc again.

Looks like the game needs students that are a part of the clubs and one meanie. Since I try to keep my mods-folder slim that is what I would start with at least.

On the phone, otherwise I would search for the mod and link it.

They can be played sims, it doesn't affect. and you can play Molly and Ash with keeping their parents role-playing, they just can't appear in the school at the same time