Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Finally got everything set up for a new story and been playing around with it for a bit, this is gonna be a challenging gameplay..XD
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,142 Member
    I didn't get around to play my game yesterday, my mind was elsewhere. :P
    Yesterday morning I got out of bed as usual to go to work (yeah, I have to work on the weekends sometimes) and was about to my usual morning routine. So I stepped into the bathtub to turn the shower on, when it broke.. so I stepped out again, and said "Ah, flarn!" as water gushed out all over my bathroom floor.... well, not really, but something broke...
    ...or rather, is just worn out, because everything in the bathroom is probably the same age as the house, so it was bound to malfunction sooner or later.. so I've had a go at increasing my handiness skills, but it didn't really work, because the broken part isn't broken per se.. just worn out, and should be replaced.. problem is, the entire thing is to old, so spare parts of just the right type are no longer available.. soo... time for a new bathroom? Probably...

@bekkasan Thanks, well, it was a given from the beginning of course, that Deepak would be alright and suffer no physical consequences atleast, but come to think of it, this experience must/will probably change something internally, but, hmm, I'll figure that out later. I suppose... :P

Haha, I didn't think about the pigtails looking childish at first, but now that you do mention it.. :P It's a sim, so anything kind of goes, but, yeah.. hmm, but there's definately something strange about that doctor, though, maybe... dr. Strange...

@Turjan Yeah, I kind of knew that, just sharing my thoughts about the futuristic. :P Ah, and about this tempestuous doctor, well, I uh.. ah, I don't want to answer that! ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Astro Looks like Calvin is getting to be a big boy. They grow up way too fast. <3 Off topic, but I legit thought you edited your screenshots to look like twitter posts till I accidentally clicked on one.

@GraceyManor That's real exciting! Are you going to share screenshots? I would really love to see. :smiley:
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2022
    @ButterWafflesAR
    Haha, yes they sure do! And yeah, since I started a new job a little over a week ago I don't have as much time in the morning so it's easier to copy and paste my tweets here rather than to write a whole new post, lol.
    @ButterWafflesAR
    Absolutely I’m gonna do a whole story here :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    My current sims game has a bizarre bug where sims are constantly peeing themselves and dramatically fainting out of fear as a result of "seeing a werewolf transformation", even when there is no werewolves around.

Screenshot-74.jpg
    Screenshot-71.jpg
    Screenshot-72.jpg
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Astro , I like Calvin's face! Normally Sims 3 toddlers all look alike to me, but Calvin somehow has very individual features.

@Onverser , that's a bizzare and very funny bug!
    Alrighty, I got my new story all set in place, I been playing a phone game called "The Oregon Trail" and I love History and time travel stories.
    I've done medieval stories, now I'm trying something different.

June 10th, 1848
    Screenshot.jpg
    Its been a month since the wagon train left their home in Independence.
    Things seemed to have been running smoothly for the time being, supplies
    were full and their spirits high. They were bound for Oregon City.
    Their first destination would be the log house, a well known stop for travelers braving
    the trail, there they would be able to refill on supplies and take care of their needs.

Mary: Oh? Look over yonder! I think someone might be on the ground.
    Mary, the elder of the group was a plump little lady with a pudgy face. Everyone
    loved her and she was a motherly figure to everyone. Naturally, her giving nature
    wanted to go and see if someone was in trouble.
    Joseph: I think Mary might be right, might want to take a gander and see if we can help.

Joseph was a priest from the local church, he was leaving independence in hopes to spread
    the word of god to other good folk. He was rather gruff looking with his long beard, and rounded
    belly, but anyone who knew Joseph, knew he was a gentle giant.

Celeb: I'll go check on them, and report back.
    Celeb, the youngest was the leader of the wagon train. Despite his age,
    he had experience in leadership and his group looked upon him for guidance.
    Celeb had recently lost his father, and was heading west to claim his rights to his home
    and fortune.

296266013-1080775559513362-7309535857238412650-n.jpg
    Harper: A nap sounds just right...good maker its hot.
    Harper shot up quickly from her sound sleep, rubbing the dirt from her eyes.
    The prairie sun was beating down on her face, causing her cheeks to turn bright
    red.

296095267-1080775672846684-7498078295966265179-n.jpg
    Harper: Where am I? Where's camp.
    Harper quickly viewed her surroundings, no longer was she at her summer camp, where she was camp conselor
    to a bunch of grade school kids, but in the midst of a mountain forest.She looked far and wide and not a house nor
    car could be seen. She looked down at her clothes.
    Harper: Who put me in this tacky prairie dress? She moaned as she grabbed the bottom of her dress.
    She searched frantically for her phone, realizing it was no where to be found.

296092216-1080775666180018-7755205132879248705-n.jpg
    Caleb: Excuse me Ma'am, but are you in need of assistance?
    Harper heard a gently voice call from behind her, she turned to find a young man staring at her.
    She eyed him for a moment, noticing his features.
    Caleb: Are you okay?
    Harper: Oh.I think so. I'm sorry, I'm just a little lost is all.
    Caleb: I can see that. Where is your group?
    Harper: My group? I don't have a group.
    Caleb: You're traveling alone?
    Harper: I'm not traveling...

Screenshot-8.jpg
    Mary: Oh dear, you shouldn't be wandering out in the wilderness
    alone, you might get robbed or eaten by a bear.
    Caleb: Mary! Don't say that, you'll scare the poor girl.
    Harper: I'm not sure what's going on, or who you all are.
    Mary: How rude of us, I'm Mary. I'll be happy to help you dear.
    This is Caleb, He's our group leader. And behind me Joseph.
    Harper: Are you some sort of roleplaying group?
    Mary: "Roleplaying?" Never heard of it.
    Harper: Did I hit my head or something?
    Mary: The poor dear is confused, we can't leave her out here.
    Harper: I'll be fine, if you just point me to the nearest town.
    Caleb: I'm afraid you're miles from the nearest village, and its no
    trouble. You can ride with us.
    Joseph: It would be a pleasure to have you on with us.
    Mary: What's your name dear?
    Harper: My name is Harper.
    Mary: Well Harper, why don't we get you something to eat and drink.
    Caleb: We'll make camp here then.
    Had to break this down in 2 parts.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Mary decided it was time to drawer water for tomorrow's bath.
    She gave the bucket a quick smell, there was no peculiar smell
    coming from the bucket, she deemed the water safe to use.

Screenshot-14.jpg
    The group gathered around the firepit to spend some time sharing
    stories and getting to know each other. Caleb noticed Harper was
    keeping her distance from everyone and thought that he should go
    and check in on her.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Caleb: Mind if I join you?
    Harper: Oh...of course.
    Harper scooted over making room for Caleb to sit down next
    to her. He smiled waiting for her to say something, when she didn't,
    He initiated conversation.

Screenshot-16.jpg
    Caleb: So, Harper. Where were you heading?
    Harper: I wasn't heading anywhere...
    Caleb: I don't know many people who wander around the trail
    unless they were heading somewhere.
    Harper: I guess I'm the first then..
    Caleb: I suppose so. Where you from?
    Harper: New York.
    Caleb: You're a long way from home...if you weren't going anywhere.
    Harper: If I knew the answer, I wouldn't be here.I'm just as confused
    as everyone else here.
    Harper didn't mean to snap, but she was a bit irritated, not knowing what
    was going on, and being drilled on top of it.
    Caleb: Sorry, I didn't mean to pry, just trying to get to know you.
    Harper: I know, I'm sorry...I'm just moody, I guess.
    Caleb studied Harper for a bit, her light hair gently blowing in the wind.
    Caleb You ever been on horseback?
    Harper: No.
    Caleb: Come with me, I think its time you learn.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Caleb watched Harper struggle to get on the horse. He chuckled
    and offered to help. In which she refused.She wanted to accomplish
    this herself.

Screenshot-18.jpg
    Harper: ...This isn't my forte...I don't like heights.
    Caleb: Don't worry, I'll catch you if you fall off.
    Harper: What a gentleman.
    She rolled her eyes and held the reigns as if she was dying.

Screenshot-21.jpg
    Caleb: Harper, be careful! If you need help, I can help you.
    Harper: no thanks, I'll get off myself.

Screenshot-22.jpg
    Harper gently grabbed the saddle all the while praying the horse
    wouldn't throw her, she didn't need any head injury.
    Caleb: Oh, veggies. These would be good for supplies. Mind helping me?
    Harper: Of course! This is my forte here, I love plants.

Screenshot-24.jpg
    Harper managed to harvest twice as many potatoes as Caleb did.
    She stuffed them into her bag and loaded it on to the house, the
    two set back to the camp.

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    I have been working on the next episode of Oscars Teen Tears video. I needed to replay some of it to record video I needed. This was OK at first but I needed to send them to Moonlight Falls and I hadn’t to take them to a version of the game that I played a few months ago. It was before I moved lots of sims out of the world. With this version I wasn’t able to save due to Error 12 and I wasted a few days trying to get it to save. In the end I had to forget my original idea for the ending and do something else that I could do. So tomorrow I’ll finish off the narration for the final 5 minutes. Then I’ll be able to load it to YouTube tomorrow or the next day.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@GraceyManor Your sneak peek looks interesting.
    I enjoyed the introduction to the new story characters.
    Time traveling heroine and handsome trail boss! :heart:

@Turjan Thanks for the comment on the pictures. :smiley:
    Jose is definitely a cutie!
    Elvis! He is a cutie too!
    lol at Norma/Marilyn. She definitely is not a cutie in that picture.

@ButterWafflesAR Sorry things didn't work out for Lindsey and Gino. Perhaps it was for the best. It does sound like Camillo has a crush on her.
    I don't think I've ever had a sim catch on fire with a failed sing o gram. :open_mouth: Poor dude, good she was there and handy with the extinguisher.
    Congrats to the happy couple!
    oh my! The look on Simona's face. :lol:

@Sprottenham Bummer about the broken shower. Those sim handiness skills don't translate well into real life. I have a broken toilet and plunging it and hitting it with the hammer didn't fix it! :lol: It needs new innards in the tank.
    Look forward to seeing what happens with Deepak and the strange doc.
    There are some hairs I do not use at all and if I see them on a homeless or resident I take them into CAS and fix them.

@Astro Lovely seeing such a fun update with Calvin learning all his skills.

@Onverser That is indeed a weird bug. Kinda feel sorry for your sims.

@Karritz Bummer about the error 12's. Hope all goes well with finishing and loading it.

I was testing my new build for the Disney world and had cc free Shane and Gina testing it. Of course they had to test the photo booth. No...not the romantic way! They are not a couple yet in the build version, 'cause I don't save, so they always start out as acquaintances when added. Bless them, they always get hearts and do things together though. lol, they are the only ones in the world other than the paparazzi. I use the empty version of the world for building because it loads uber fast.
    52254018593_f253a84366_o.jpg
    @bekkasan aww glad you think he’s handsome! I spent the most time on Caleb.πŸ₯°
    @GraceyManor, I too think Caleb is handsome! :smiley:
    Audrey invited Roderick over to invite him to join her household. (Roderick is the father of her teen daughter Janella, but not of her baby Mark. Mark's father Nathanial married another sim a day or two after Mark was conceived.)

K5GEJXy.jpg

I was trying to decide which interaction to do to make their friendship bar high enough for her to invite him to join the household. But the two of them made that decision for me, and started to dance to music from the gramophone.

vPmUGMT.jpg

2VxGiv7.jpg

Everything went easily from there, so Roderick is now a member of the household.

Janella's first teenage day was a Sunday, so she was able to spend it however she wanted. She learned the charisma skill from a tabcast, and then went to the gym. She has the athletic and disciplined traits, so she enjoyed learning the athletic and Sim Fu skills. She also introduced herself to a couple of sims and completed the celebrity skill challenge (thanks to large birthday parties in her home, she already knew a lot of sims as a child).

17d3edb.jpg

ICrVeve.jpg

Baby Mark being happy after a nappy change.

feLwP4s.jpg

I'm planning for Audrey and Roderick to get married, but I'm waiting for Mark to become a toddler and learn to walk first, because I want to have a toddler standing in a cute little suit in the wedding screenshots!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    edited August 2022
    Haruo’s listening to Baroque music again 😝
    Christmas baking commenced with much laughter and imbibed spirits by the girls.

Haruo went off to the bedroom to go listen to baroque music: namely Johann Sebastian Bach’s Organ Concerto in G major. BWV 592 with its lovely ascending running melody along with Bach’s sublime counterpoint - it sounded like a lark singing with intervalic leaps. It was said that particular concerto was transcribed from the violin concerto 8 of Prince Johann Ernst von Sachsen-Weimar. No matter its genesis, there was no doubt that Bach’s organ work was indeed a masterpiece of transcription and improved upon greatly. Settling in with headphones so that he didn’t disturb the rest of the house, he basked in the glory of Bach and the aromas of Christmas baking.
    AVvXsEhCxE1dUPGrM4qI1cWeSzTyvITVZgQOLiiwuBBkkaugxcOvQPVH2yiT0Q3Lqbb4bA513uvbzri1YJJqb1gbJoX5OlL7JOyl-JH_ax0pnTIbyc_0WTwjI5zP_UotvKdsxIarHq5eOmSUT0aVdmC441L1MN_Pu0Mkn9nDeHgPy4QtD7jM4Nkm0zkwKtnL
    Oh, effing great, I now have to find earphones for my sim when I actually do the screenshots for this part of the story. 😝. See what I do to myself in terms of finding new CC to play with?
    https://youtu.be/pSMVm-gtczQ
    Organ Concerto in G major. BWV 592 ERNST/Bach 1st movement.

Of course MY absolute favorite of Bach’s Organ Works is the Fugue to the Fantasia-Fugue in G minor. BWV542
    https://youtu.be/yjiclFA90QM
    It’s generally known as the Great Fugue in G Minor.

And as far as headphone CC, no, Dr Dre Beats stinks as far as listening to baroque music. The dynamic range and tweeters in the headphones just can’t handle the rapid change of notes that happen in baroque music.

My RL wife has Beats which she listens to rock music. I’m probably looking ay Sennheisers HDs.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    @Astro That's understandable. I like it, though. It's almost feels like one of your sims owns a twitter account and they're sharing their memories with everyone. :)

@GraceyManor I'm loving it, so far. I'm excited to see more future updates. Harper has my level of stubbornness. Literally one of mine and my husband's conversation when I was trying to put something together.
    Husband: Why don't you just let me do it?
    Me: AND RUIN ALL THIS FRUSTRAITION!!

@bekkasan It's alright. As cute Gino and Lindsey were together, Camillo and Lindsey do make an even cuter couple. I was surprised how calm she was about it. Usually, my sims would panic when there is a fire, but she didn't even panic. Just out came the extinguisher and she went to work on putting him out. I have no idea what was going through Simona's mind that moment, but I'm curious to know. :smiley:
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2022
    Now I am back home again from my vacation, I won't be going back
    47 updates, but will comment on the most recent stuff tomorrow.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Going to play the wedding finally tonight. Will post in the morning.
    @PalmArrow Thanks a bunch!

@ButterWafflesAR
    LOL sounds like something I'd do.
    Anyways you can ask @bekkasan or @emorrill
    most of my leading ladies are always stubborn in
    someway or another.XD
    Screenshot-46.jpg
    As Harper was wandering about, she tripped over a small object on
    the ground.She soon realized it was her cellphone.
    Harper: Yes! Its here...but no service. Its like a total dead zone out here.
    She waved her phone around and tried to pick up a signal, to no avail.
    Actually, I probably shouldn't wave this about, might be tried for witchraft or something

Screenshot-47.jpg
    Caleb: Evening Miss Harper, can't sleep?
    Harper: No, I got a lot on my mind.
    Caleb: I bet you do, care to talk a walk?
    Caleb beckoned Harper over to the fence offering
    to stay up and chat. She gladly accepted his company joining
    him over on the fence.

Screenshot-48.jpg
    Caleb: You have any family back home? Not that I mean to pry..
    Harper: I am sorry for snapping yesterday, I really didn't mean to.
    Caleb: Think nothing of it, Harper.
    Harper: Just my mother... my father passed recently.
    Caleb: So did mine...
    Harper: I'm sorry...I guess you know the feeling then.

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Caleb: I sure do.
    The two spent the rest of the evening talking and getting better acquainted, before
    eventually turning in for the evening.

Screenshot-52.jpg
    Caleb: Good morning, Harper.How are you holding up?
    Harper: Just fine, though I am a bit tired.
    Caleb: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you up so late.
    Harper: Not your fault at all.

The day started just as any other day., hot and humid.
    What little shade the trees gave, provided no relief from the humid
    sun. Harper tried to fan herself cool as she hustled along, lagging behind
    the rest of the group.

Harper: Maker! Its so hot! I can't take this anymore.I want out of this
    tacky dress.
    Mary: Harper, Dear, what's troubling you?
    Harper: What's troubling me is this heat! You could just die from it.
    Joseph: I think you might be embellishing it a bit, dear.
    Harper: I come from an area of cooler weather. This is pure torture.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    The party was halfway to their check point for the night, but spotted
    a traveler's shop. They decided to give Harper a break and let her cool
    off in the building

Screenshot-57.jpg
    Harper: I'm sorry for bickering earlier, thank you for letting me
    voice my grievances.
    Mary: It's no trouble dear, we all need to speak our minds every
    now and then.Are you feeling better?
    Harper: Much better, thank you.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Another day done and over with. Harper wondered how much longer
    she could take this traveling, and wondered how she would ever get back home.
    She soon found herself drifting off to sleep.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Lovely updates!
    going to comment better soon :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Goodness, I've fallen way behind again. :grimace: In making comments, I mean. I'm always reading. ;)

In my defense I was wrapping up my story (then getting it posted on my Blog) and then...getting super engrossed in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake now that I have the time to play it. :mrgreen::kissing_heart: Hee hee! I'm loving it so far! I've played the Original like...5 different times I kid you not. ;) #FFFanatic !

tumblr_lnygpgNdda1qkd9eao1_500_zps31bd93b6.gif

Anyhoo! :lol:

@PalmArrow Thank you for sharing the link to the toddler winter coat. <3 So super cute!
    Audrey went home doing the "Yay, I just WooHooed outside my home!" strut.
    ^HA HA! :joy: I've been greatly enjoying your posts. :)

@Emily4331 Yay for new conversions! I'll go check out your site here in a bit. :)
    Much better. :love::p
    7qiPTfw.png

@Turjan Enjoyed your updates. :)
    Umm...Hello gorgeous area from your SimCity 4 game! :love:
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false
    ----
    You even made Lewis open up about his love with Marnie :lol:
    ^Hee hee, yes I did. :mrgreen: It's about time those two just moved in together/got married. How long has it been??
    A mΓ©nage a trois, eh? Looks rather progressive for that little town. I could almost feel sorry for Pierre. Almost :wink: .
    ^LOL! :lol: Not...exactly. You'll have to read my Author's Notes down below the comments here. :p
    You even healed the lame and let the PTSD victim forget his nightmares with a new child (I'm not sure they even shared a bed).
    ^I did. In my story I chose to give him a less severe case of PTSD. :) My husband also suffers from it after being in Iraq, but his is mild thank the Lord. πŸ™
    I'm so very glad you enjoyed the ending. Thanks always for reading and for your humorous and kind comments. <3

@GraceyManor Enjoyed your story updates. :)
    Oooooh, new story featuring "The Oregon Trail." :smiley: You should've seen the original game from my day... :smirk:
    I will say that women back then were not as fiesty as your female characters normally are. ;):p:kissing_heart: (Wait, ok scratch that. I see your leading lady is not from the 1840's. :lol: )
    I lol'd at this:
    Harper: Are you some sort of roleplaying group?
    Mary: "Roleplaying?" Never heard of it.
    :lol: Nice one!
    Great start! :)
    ----
    I like the way you had her and Caleb sitting on the fence. πŸ‘
    I agree with the other ladies that he is handsome. :love: Harper is pretty too. :)
    Anyways you can ask bekkasan or emorrill
    most of my leading ladies are always stubborn in
    someway or another.XD
    ^HA HA! Funny you mentioned that after what I just said in my comments here. :joy:
    Oh my gosh I never understood how women in those days walked the prairies in those dresses in summer! πŸ₯΅ I would've DIED!
    What world are you using for this new story? :)

@Sprottenham You're sweet. I'm the same way when someone asks. Thank you for sharing the poses again. :blush:
    OMGosh! :open_mouth: That dream sequence was intense!!! :cry: Very well written! :star: And the pictures were great too!

@Astro Still enjoying your awesome video clips. :grin:

@ZeeGee
    As usual and as others, I need to catch up before I read the finale. Can't wait!
    ^Totally understandable. Take your time. :kissing_heart: I look forward to reading your thoughts. :blush:

@bekkasan Your story with Jamie and Elvira sounds intriguing. :smirk: Jesse is a cutie!
    Yeah I've noticed the camera doesn't give off the true look of scenery in our game sometimes too. It's a beautiful photo of HS regardless. <3
    Love the pic of Shane :love: and Gina in the photobooth. :lol:<3

@Brandontaylor
    I loved it. I thought Austin Butler did a fantastic job, even if he didn't look exactly like Elvis. Tom Hanks as Colonel Parker was good too, although not as good as Austin. The lady that played Priscilla did well too, even though her scenes were limited. There were some inaccuracies though, which is bound to happen, and they did gloss over certain aspects of Elvis' life. Austin did a fantastic job singing as the 1950's Elvis, but then they used the real Elvis with Austin lip synching for the 60's and 70's. I'd definitely recommend it, but if someone doesn't know a lot about Elvis, they might take some of the inaccuracies for fact.
    ^Insightful. Thanks for sharing. :) I'll have to watch it when it hits Netflix or some other streaming platform that we have. ;)
    Thanks for the comments on my story. <3 I've been enjoying your posts as always. :)

@Draganere
    I read the first post by emorrill and saw at the end of their message about keeping this thread going for a while.. That was 2015.. It's been 7 years lol. That just shows how good The Sims 3 was and still is πŸ€—
    ^Yes it's been one heck of an enjoyable and lovely ride. <3
    Welcome to the thread! :)

Sorry I'm posting this later on here than I had planned...
    (I should add it to the end of the finale post...)

This was already shared on my story thread so sorry to those of you who have already read it. :p

***Author's Notes on the PTST ending and Special Thanks***

Author's Notes
    • Sorry if the portrait of Robin (Sebastian and Maru's mother) confused those of you who aren't familiar with Stardew Valley to be one of Leah. πŸ˜„ They do look very similar to me and I too have gotten confused by their similarity. I will admit that inserting these portraits of the parents and loved ones has greatly made me want to recreate them in the Sims 3 as well. :smirk: Maybe I will do just that in the future. ;)
    • For those of you who are not familiar with the Stardew Valley game, there aren't any names or character portraits for Emily and Haley's parents (which is why they were not provided during their reunion, like with the others) as they are non-existent in the game. Well, to a degree. :lol: You find out that their parents are out "touring the world" and you don't know their names or ever see them in the game. At least not to my knowledge. Note: that could change with future updates to the game.
    • On a similar note, we do not see Elliott, Leah, or Harvey's parents in Stardew Valley either which is why they were not included in the finale. In my mind, they live far away and Mayor Lewis did not have any way of contacting them when their children disappeared.
    • When Shane said to Jas, "I've always been your daddy," he did not mean it in the literal sense. He will for sure tell Jas everything about her real parents. Just thought I would throw that out there before getting called out on it. ;) It is not a discrepancy or a typo.
    • George and Pam mention Doctor Harris - whom we know as Harvey's predecessor as the Town Physician - and he is not a character in the Stardew Valley game. I intentionally wrote him to be one of those PITA doctors we've all encountered in our lives. Mostly for humor, but maybe to make Harvey look all the more wonderful. ;):p I love Harvey. <3 (In case that wasn't already obvious). :lol:
    • Many of you know that Kent - Sam's dad - suffers from a severe case of PTSD in the Stardew Valley game. It is a mental disorder that has varying degrees and in my story, I chose for him to have a much less severe case of it.
    • When Caroline, and then Pierre, tell Abigail that "the four of them are a family now," I was not implying that the four of them would be living under the same roof together. :lol: They were letting Abigail know that they would never make her choose between them or her real father. Rasmodius would stay in his tower, and they in their home, and they would all visit with each other as often as possible. πŸ‘ However, you as the reader are always free to imagine how characters futures will play out at the ending of a story. :blush:
    • I know many of you were looking forward to the birth of Elliott and Leah's baby. All will be revealed with that in an Epilogue that I will be doing on the 12 of them later. <3 TBA.

*Special Thanks*

*I would like to thank @PalmArrow for throwing out the idea that I tell a story with the SDV characters when I created the 6 Bachelorettes in The Sims 3 after a fellow simmer friend of ours created the 6 Bachelors. :blush: I never thought it would turn into the elaborate and adventurous story that it had become and it helped me to grow tremendously as an Author. (It isn't easy managing 12 characters with different personalities and making sure those personalities don't bleed together! πŸ˜… That took some crazy effort!) It is now my best written story to date. <3

*I would also like to thank my dear friend @bekkasan for listening to my many ideas for this story and giving me some very helpful feedback. <3 She may not believe it, but a few moments in the story were shaped to perfection through her valuable input. :blush:

Normally I don't like to discuss my plans for my stories with such a devoted reader, (because I don't want to spoil anything) but in a certain case, many months ago, I needed her honest opinion as my friend. I was wrestling with an idea I originally had for four of the characters and at that point in time...I was really struggling going through with the idea. :confounded: So I shared it all with her, and she shared with me her honest thoughts, which encouraged me to go ahead and follow the true desire of my heart, even though it would (almost) drastically change the direction of the story.

That choice made the story turn out better than I ever could've imagined. :star:

Are y'all curious as to what my original plan was? Ok, I'll go ahead and share. :mrgreen:

My original plan for Harvey, Penny, Maru, and Alex was this:

Harvey and Penny would explore their feelings for each other and date for a time, until Penny realized that Maru truly did have feelings for Harvey, especially while watching them compound medicines together and grow closer in their friendship. On the flip side, Penny was getting to know Alex a little more, after realizing they shared a common bond through both having a father that left them, so feelings would begin to secretly develop there.

Eventually Penny would share her feelings with Harvey about how she had always known Maru had feelings for him and felt that maybe they should end their relationship so that she wasn't getting in the way of destiny. She also felt that doing so would be the noble thing for a best friend to do. Harvey of course would be heartbroken to end their relationship, but wasn't blind to the fact that he and Penny had been drifting apart because of the all the time he was spending with Maru, and all the time she was spending with Alex. He could also sense that maybe she was developing feelings for Alex and so that was another reason why she was suggesting they break up.
    Anyhoo, it was something along those lines! :lol: It was over a year ago when I had all that going through my head and I don't remember all the details of it anymore. But suffice it to say, that was the original idea. :)

So ultimately Harvey was to end up with Maru and Penny was to end up with Alex. :p LOL! At the time my feelings were that no one was more suited for Maru out of the 6 guys than Harvey, but I was soon to discover that I was wrong about that. ;)

It sounds so terrible thinking back on it now and typing it all out! :grimace::joy: My heart was literally aching as I did! I am SO very glad that is not the direction I took the story in. But...I will admit I am curious how it would've played out if I had. :smirk: Only a tiny bit. ;)

*Lastly I would like to thank all of you who have been a constant supporter and/or reader of this story during its 2 1/2 year run. And for your patience in waiting for a new update. :blush: Your interest and growing love for these characters kept me going with the story, especially when life events produced some pretty hard struggles for my little family...(COVID, husband's unemployment, and then moving to a new state) and there were moments where I really didn't feel like writing. Or doing anything. YOU and your support and encouragement kept pushing me onward. And for that, I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. <3

I hope y'all stick with me as I come up with new story ideas in the future. <3 This will most likely be my last fanfiction.

Sincerely yours,
    Emorrill πŸ’œ
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top