Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOT happy with today's update

13...Next

Comments

• SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,821 Member
    Yeah its summertime, im on break from cycling and this is the first time i actually buy a pack on the 'day of' usually i buy em on sale, after a few months of bug fixing i guess lol im so sorry i was way off lol but thanks @Beardedgeek & @SkipInkling for the info ;)
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Xenia_s1mXenia_s1m Posts: 1 New Member
    I like the new phone look, but the darn fears. If I wanted crippling anxiety and fear all the time I'd turn the game off and go outside. It ruins the gameplay. I don't play with any kind of cheats and the random fears just stops any game progression. I know you can turn them off in the options but then you lose the wants aswell. What ding bat thought that adding a negative emotion that's difficult to work round into a light hearted "fun" I will never understand. Rant over sorry guys, just feel like my chillaxe game has been chewed up and spat out by someone looking for brownie points with the boss and ticking a box rather then actually enhancing the sims experience. Kinda like when you have to do an improvement assignment for uni and provide an answer, which you know is rubbish but you have to make it up and implement it for the grade.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    It would have been better if they had made it so "wants" and "fears" could be toggled off separately.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I just moved my entire save file into a separate folder to protect my game, and started a new game with a new character.

• lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    I have all them problems plus now I can't even open up cheat window at all and I know it's not my keyboard as it works in other games. I am at the point of not being able to play the game as I design houses with bb.moveobjects cheat and that is not even working for me
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Sannuli211 wrote: »
    Thanks for the insight everyone. It just seems like TS4 won't be worth my time for a while.

Ditto. This is unfortunate!
  • AutumnAngelAutumnAngel Posts: 3 New Member
    Just seen on twitter they are sending out the fix for age up, fears and wants and the famous by end of next week .

they are also sorting out people that did not get there bonus content with The Sims 4 High School Years from the pre orders

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1553139630836535296?cxt=HHwWgMC-6f2Q7o0rAAAA

sorry was not sure how to copy it here, I do not have twitter I just got a quick look at it.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    All the money they are getting from this is going to Sims 5 that's why they are pushing out games that are full of bugs in reality this team might be smaller then we think who working on the sims 4 and who has been pushed to the Sims 5 they are showing they don't have enough manpower to push out high quality games and you have to wonder why Sims 5 it's all about making money at this point :| I can't update my game at all this is sad
    Hope there is no sims 5. Im not starting a new game lol !
  • Timocchio1969Timocchio1969 Posts: 8 New Member
    @CrazyFrog I absolutely agree. After all the time I put into Sims 4 I won't be going over to another. I played the original The Sims & started playing again in 2018. So, I may see everyone for The Sims 7! lol
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    My game won't start up at all anymore. I could originally open it up and stare at the main menu, but not anymore. Now it says there's a corrupted CC file that's keeping it from starting...but no such CC file is in my game. Before someone gets the bright idea of saying to try starting it with the CC folder...I did that. It still thinks the CC file is in there. I can't even get to the screen anymore to disable mods altogether. So, I'm waiting until the end of next week to try again. (This is my punishment for preordering.)
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My game won't start up at all anymore. I could originally open it up and stare at the main menu, but not anymore. Now it says there's a corrupted CC file that's keeping it from starting...but no such CC file is in my game. Before someone gets the bright idea of saying to try starting it with the CC folder...I did that. It still thinks the CC file is in there. I can't even get to the screen anymore to disable mods altogether. So, I'm waiting until the end of next week to try again. (This is my punishment for preordering.)

Try deleting the localthumbcache file and doing a game repair. Or if that's not working, try the help center.
  • Katrina4Katrina4 Posts: 33 Member
    I think this aging up bug is quite bad as well. I brought High School Years before I realised this bug existed and now I can't play. I can't play on normal lifespan either. This should of really been something they fixed almost straight away. Concentrate on the auto-aging up bug please before anything else and don't make us wait either because this is making the game very unplayable.
    There is the option of not aging, i play like that since the second year i played this game. But i really feel bad for folks who gotta put their game on pause until the fix next week.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2022
    I am of an older generation but I still enjoy my electronics, but not so much my cell phone. Always interrupts my playing games! LOL

Hear, hear. It is strange to see my oldest sims as obsessed with their phones as their grandchildren and great-grandchildren are. Some of them would more likely refuse to use their smart phones! Lol.

Speaking of age, in addition the the patch completely borking the Finchwick residents, (Lavinia, for example, was ousted as Mayor in lieu of a very creepy townie I know wasn't in my game before) I now have a new pair of Crumplebottoms. I never touched the originals, and even stranger, the new Agnes Crumplebottom is an adult life stage. Her profile icon is weird too; very low quality.

It seems like every time this game is updated, I have to create a brand new save file for anything to work right. It's such a pain when you are a legacy-style player.

telemwill wrote: »
    Try deleting the localthumbcache file and doing a game repair. Or if that's not working, try the help center.

Yeah, I did that. It still didn't work. I haven't tried firing it up since the patch yesterday. I may try it today if I'm feeling brave, but since I'm seeing so many people say they are still having trouble with most of the reported bugs, I'm not feeling very brave.

mauvejinjo wrote: »
    It seems like every time this game is updated, I have to create a brand new save file for anything to work right. It's such a pain when you are a legacy-style player.

As a legacy-styled player, I agree. The advice of "make a new save" is almost complete useless to me.

• DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Emergency hot fix didn't change some stuff. It's still a problem with age of sims. Nothing changed with Social Bunny, nor prom not showing on calendar/no pop up about prom...
    On Henford on Bagley there are random NPCs which replaced premades like Kim, and mayor, and Michael and grocery boy, pub owner etc. Same for NPCs in Eco expansion.
    The game is unplayable if I don't want to ruin my save... I'm not playing... Making a new save doesn't change the gameplay. Bugs are still there. I've tested :(
    I am tired of this game....
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    I did not think it could be worse but it is! The Sims using their cellphones ALL THE TIME is ruining the whole game! This really has to go away please!!!
    I did not think it could be worse but it is! The Sims using their cellphones ALL THE TIME is ruining the whole game! This really has to go away please!!!

Theres a mod for that ! :smile:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    CrazyFrog wrote: »

Theres a mod for that ! :smile:

Not everyone uses mods and console players cannot.

The phone mania should have been optional. The phone walk should have been an optional new walk. It has all completely negated aspects and behaviors of many packs. It's utterly ridiculous.
    #Team Occult
    @LiELF oh sorry well that's too bad, i still hope they make it a walk style in the CAS like i read here some one suggested :smile:

I second this. I have a Sim who has only a few devices, and decided to watch TV- but all it does is keep looking at the stupid phone during the entire show. Chatting with someone while on the phone the whole time. I don't mind them using phones- although I have some off the grid ones and how in the world they can have enough power for all their cellphone uses I don't know how, but it's extreme. It's not like the Sims were teens, where it might make more sense.
    Diassa wrote: »
    Emergency hot fix didn't change some stuff. It's still a problem with age of sims. Nothing changed with Social Bunny, nor prom not showing on calendar/no pop up about prom...
    On Henford on Bagley there are random NPCs which replaced premades like Kim, and mayor, and Michael and grocery boy, pub owner etc. Same for NPCs in Eco expansion.
    The game is unplayable if I don't want to ruin my save... I'm not playing... Making a new save doesn't change the gameplay. Bugs are still there. I've tested :(
    I am tired of this game....

Same, I want a life sim, not a glitch sim. :p
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2022
    The update of phone’s idle animation must be the worst to date, I’m not kidding.

My sim is walking and the action repeat itself as if game was stuck. At first wasn’t like that (but still was too often) and now it’s getting worse depending on session. My sim gets the frog and she doesn’t put down the phone. She is still looking at the screen.

I’m expecting next time I play she will look at it while using stove. Phone update is ok (visual) but idle animation must go away. It makes game terrible experience. And what about people who play decades challenges or vampires story? Does nobody thought about other ways players play their game except modern life simulator? I’m not even mentioning werewolves who are now running on all fours while checking freaking phone. It’s ridiculous.😕 And please don’t tell me there is or will be mod for this. This should be fixed in the game.