Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I heard Disney was throwing a decent amount of money at games lately. I am pretty curious as to what will come out. If anyone has the wallet to make a good game, they do.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Kind of gives me Epic Mickey vibes with the backstory. Interested in seeing where this goes.
    Oh no. Apparently it is a free to play live service. (Kind of odd since it is listed as single player on Steam.) My interest has unfortunately shriveled.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Hard pass. Even my inner child is too old for this.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited May 2022
    I want to love it, but free to play live service always scares me. Disney isn't exactly above money grubbing. I guess if anyone has the wallet to bankroll a good one, they do though.
    Disney is courting our Sims 4 creators. Might be something to that rumored merger after all. 🤔

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Here is a new preview from IGN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGyYcDYjX4c

The game is looking quite promising.
    Deligracy early access.

https://youtu.be/-Pn7lircGOc
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited July 2022
    This looks like it could potentially be a lot fun from the preview. The official site claims that it will be available on September 6, 2022, which isn't too far off. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game.

Calico45 wrote: »
    I want to love it, but free to play live service always scares me. Disney isn't exactly above money grubbing. I guess if anyone has the wallet to bankroll a good one, they do though.
    Sorry ahead of time if this has been covered somewhere else, but what exactly is a "free to play live service"? Since I'm not a huge video game person the term is confusing to me. Is it similar to an MMO? My brother told me that MMOs are bad news and it's best to stay away from them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yeah idk I feel like if i were to play this game id just suffer because I'd keep wanting to ruin the place for... science :lol:
    and game keeps telling you to do the opposite

even as kid I liked villains better with exception of like beauty and the beast and dalmatians probably
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited July 2022
    Kendrana wrote: »
    This looks like it could potentially be a lot fun from the preview. The official site claims that it will be available on September 6, 2022, which isn't too far off. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this game.

Calico45 wrote: »
    Sorry ahead of time if this has been covered somewhere else, but what exactly is a "free to play live service"? Since I'm not a huge video game person the term is confusing to me. Is it similar to an MMO? My brother told me that MMOs are bad news and it's best to stay away from them.

Games that are free to play doesn't cost anything like most games do but instead they tend to have microtransactions in the game that you pay for. They are often designed so doing things in the game takes a while and if you want want to speed things up or if you want a particular item then you have to pay money. Live Service means that the game will get content over time and will also add more things in order to get people to potentially spend money.

Free to play games are not necessarily bad, but they tend to get a bad reputation because of how they can be designed so you have to spend money in order to progress in the game without having to play and do repetitive tasks for a long time in order to unlock something or "grind" as they call it.

MMO or MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game where loads of players are playing in a world and they can either cost money or be free to play, MMO's are often also notorius for making players "grind" in order to progress.

From what I have seen from the preview video of Disney Dreamlight Valley it seems to be mostly clothes that can cost money and the progression in the game seems fair, but it's difficult to tell from just a preview.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited July 2022
    Thanks for clarifying that for me, I really appreciate your detailed explanation.

That sounds like a pretty big drawback if you have to do repetitive tasks for a long time or spend money to unlock things. My brother mentioned those were two things in the MMO game he played that took the fun out of it. He also said that the game was far too competitive and that it would go offline on a regular basis. So I probably wouldn't be interested if any of those scenarios were the case with Dreamlight Valley. Regardless, I'll be interested to hear how it turns out and will have to evaluate it further at that point.
    Post edited by Kendrana on
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I will give this game a shot, so I will be looking at the early access release.
    It does remind me of their Disney Magical World game in a way, which gives your character a farm, a cafe, and outfits to unlock and wear. Also, DMW kind lets you go to other worlds, and attack ghosts, and you interact with the characters. It is like a kid-friendly Kingdom hearts with less lore.
    This game reminds me of DMW and KH, but with a Sims twist. Even if it is "free to play" I still want to give it a shot.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    I’d definitely like to check this out. I’m not one for games that put strict time limits on tasks, but if it’s not too demanding, it could be fun.
    The Avatar Designer Tool is pretty nice, there are not that many different choices when designing your face when it comes to eyes, mouths etc. but there are plenty of hair styles and clothing. I like that I can combine shirts with jackets, that opens up a lot of clothing combinations.

The art style reminds me of Frozen, and you can take a photo together with familiar Disney Characters as well.

xusyu8e.png

• Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited September 2022
    Disney Dreamlight Valley looks to be interesting and while trying out the avatar creator, I'm quite pleased, very pleased that there is a good selection of ethnic hairstyles all-around.

20220902010035-1.jpg

20220902005755-1.jpg

Edit: I didn't know I could turn the camera around so I took a couple more pictures.

20220902192027-1.jpg

20220902192137-1.jpg

Post edited by Deshong04 on
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    edited September 2022
    They released the Avatar maker for game.
    I spent so long making one avatar for it. She was very pale blonde, but I changed her hair to white. She has blue streaks in her hair, and green eyes.
    I have to download a picture, but I had a lot of fun making her, and when the game launches, I will put her in the game.
    1Qiicwr.jpg
    BXjRR9c.jpg
    When she was a blonde.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    This looks really good and I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future I'll take the plunge and at least try out a demo version. I want to see more before I go ahead and get it but I have to say I love the way the characters look.🥰
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Debating about getting this after work looks fun. I can also only get the switch edition rn and I'm seeing a lot of issues even loading it on switch so idk. Looks interesting though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top