Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What crime and consequences would you like to see implemented in the game?

I would like see robberies occur at retail stores and restaurants and anywhere money is kept.

I also would like to see a sim version of homicide and maybe a justice system implemented either official or by the npc citizens.

It would be cool to become wanted and worry if close friends will give you up or ambush you to bring you to justice for killing sims.

What do you all think?

Comments

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Aside from klepto, there isn't much you can participate in. Do you think this feature will be implemented soon?

If so, what are some of your crime feature predictions in game?
  • MariaaLopez01MariaaLopez01 Posts: 17 Member
    I really hope so, the game is lacking in terms of consequences. In other installments, this concept kept me engaged for endless hours. I hope they bring back burglars and that we can assign controllable characters to them.
    Ive realised that after they added windows that look like they're open, they've now created a pack where windows are now openable so its almost as if they were hinting that they'd be adding this feature in but i can also see how this feature can be used by burglars too so maybe thats in the works, i really hope it is and am excited for whats to come after this hs expansion and some of the base game updates. Its looking promising
    I really hope so, the game is lacking in terms of consequences. In other installments, this concept kept me engaged for endless hours. I hope they bring back burglars and that we can assign controllable characters to them.
    Ive realised that after they added windows that look like they're open, they've now created a pack where windows are now openable so its almost as if they were hinting that they'd be adding this feature in but i can also see how this feature can be used by burglars too so maybe thats in the works, i really hope it is and am excited for whats to come after this hs expansion and some of the base game updates. Its looking promising
    Me too. I think consequences would add endless hours to my gameplay as well.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited August 2022
    We used to have Burglars rob you in game. I want them to enhance it like you go away from home and if you don't lock all doors there's a chance to get robbed but if you lock door there's a lower chance to get robbed also buy like a burglar alarm to stop Burglars with the police coming like back in the day.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We used to have Burglars rob you in game. I want them to enhance it like you go away from home and if you don't lock all doors there's a chance to get robbed but of you lock door there's a lower chance to get robbed also buy like a burglar alarm to stop Burglars with the police coming like back in the day.

It would be cool to have a security system or if you can stay and protect your own home if they invade. Did the sims ever had traps in the game?
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I don't think we'll ever get anything like that in the game. I do miss the burglar. I also miss the repo man. I wish the game had more negative aspects. Negative moods don't really have the same impact as having actual shocking and negative interactions that happen.
    I don't think we'll ever get anything like that in the game. I do miss the burglar. I also miss the repo man. I wish the game had more negative aspects. Negative moods don't really have the same impact as having actual shocking and negative interactions that happen.

We have a repo guy in Sims 4. Were you implying that he's missing in game now?
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited July 2022
    I hated the repoman because I could never work out which light he'd taken. I much prefer the way we have it now where the electricity or water is switched off. I would like to see consequences for sims in the criminal career though. In Sims 3 they could be inactive for a while when they went to prison. We have the police jail so it's a shame we can't do anything with that.

And now I want to play a prison save again.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited July 2022
    The sims can emotionally kill other sims but it's not a crime.
    Stealing is legal, "Sharing is Caring" is an official legal activity.

Fight, pickpocket, threaten, blackmail, hack, bite and drink plasma, abduct, curse, mind control, lock somebody in the basement are legal too.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    In TS2 it was possible to leave restaurants without paying for your meal. I wish that would make a comeback. Also the charlatan who would steal some money off you. In archeology career you can check if artifacts are genuine or fake, make we could have the option to make fake artifacts and sell them as genuine?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    None. This is the Sims, not Grand Theft Auto.

(Ok, ok, I wouldn't hate a tame pickpocketing skill for our criminal sims. But that's pretty much it.)
    Amapola76 wrote: »

(Ok, ok, I wouldn't hate a tame pickpocketing skill for our criminal sims. But that's pretty much it.)

No jail time? I think serving a prison term in 3rd person would be cool. Hard beds and horrible food. Cmon devs.
  • universal323universal323 Posts: 20 Member
    I'd like to have consequences for stealing with the kleptomaniac trait like in ts3 where you could be caught and spend the night in jail. It really would raise the stakes!

I think hacking should also have more consequences as well as being in the criminal career (again like the sims 3)
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2022
    I hope you're on PC because Basemental sounds like your thing. I cannot play the game without it.

Carl also has a burglar mod.

I don't understand why burglars haven't been implemented yet but we've got a working police career. Hello EA? It's been how many years?
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Yep. I want burglars and pickpockets to make a comeback. It would be great if they introduced a "sketchy" lot trait and a "good neighborhood" lot trait that made the chances higher or lower.

You should be able to fight them to keep your money, or even fight them if you catch a pickpocket stealing from another sim (instant relationship boost with that sim). Your police officer sims should be able to arrest them.
  • RubyMistRubyMist Posts: 14 New Member
    I think it was Sims 3 that had consequences if teens were out late. Can't remember what expansion pack but I liked that there were consequences for things like bad grades, breaking curfew, stealing, etc. It made storytelling more fun in the game.
    mewo13 wrote: »
    I hope you're on PC because Basemental sounds like your thing. I cannot play the game without it.

Carl also has a burglar mod.

I don't understand why burglars haven't been implemented yet but we've got a working police career. Hello EA? It's been how many years?

EA we need a functional crime system with non rabbit hole jail experiences i.e. social awkwardness for being in jail for a 4 season year with family and friends impacts. Maybe you could also gain prison traits while you're locked up that follow you through life unless you do something special like counseling (hint hints new career idea).

Plus you can add free weights when you're in jail and more body definition to muscular sims.

The ideas are endless and I'd pay for it.

Prison fights....come on devs.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

No jail time? I think serving a prison term in 3rd person would be cool. Hard beds and horrible food. Cmon devs.

There are other games for that. Or I'm sure you could find or create a mod that would suit your needs. But not all games have to be all things to all people.

There are other games for that. Or I'm sure you could find or create a mod that would suit your needs. But not all games have to be all things to all people.

Well this game is capable of that regardless of what other games have such features. It should be implemented. If it doesn't suit one's needs, like several packs in the game may not, one doesn't have to buy it.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I wish if theres gonna be burglars they make it so they only show up on lots with burglar lot challenge because I have so many detailed builds and i don't want items on those lots going missing while I'm playing other stuff but I would love to sometimes have burglars visit my sims house when I am playing them

similarily i would like things like high crime neighborhood lot challenge where sims may show up to break your objects or do mean interactions to your sims or whatever at times

and I would like if sims on criminal career would show up as criminals in gtw detective career

and I'd love if my criminal sims could sometimes be caught and taken to jail for some time

oh and they definitely should bring back fearsome trait from ts3 the criminal career sims used to have although id like if it could be assigned to any sim not just criminals

aand yes more catching criminals thingies like if you notice burglar as detective catch em or maybe send your bonehilda after them or something I don't want my sims just awkwardly stand and watch their stuff being taken with no reaction whatsoever
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    my answer is plain simple and direct its none of the above do not went buglars to return to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Burglary and so some consequences that your sim has to spend time in jail you can lead them out by bail or they spend a few sim hours or days in jail.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We used to have Burglars rob you in game. I want them to enhance it like you go away from home and if you don't lock all doors there's a chance to get robbed but of you lock door there's a lower chance to get robbed also buy like a burglar alarm to stop Burglars with the police coming like back in the day.

It would be cool to have a security system or if you can stay and protect your own home if they invade. Did the sims ever had traps in the game?

No just the security system In house and in the vehicle (Sims 2.) But I would also like consequences like spend a few Sims hours or days in Sim Jail.
  • Bren91Bren91 Posts: 296 Member
    It’s not even the burglars or crime aspect missing from the game as much as just negative consequences or actions that have an impact on gameplay or the sims lives. A negative mood let for a few sim hours or day and then just forgetting about what happened as if it never did and having it not impact the game play in any other way is what’s wrong in my opinion. Even if we get burglars in the game it won’t matter if the sims just gets frightened for a bit or angry and then acts like it never happened. The creative team behind the sims 4 I don’t think thought about this enough and realized the impact of having no consequences to negative actions of the sims were that important and how it would effect the game in a negative way. When they realized this, in my opinion they should have gone back to the drawing board and began creating the sims 5 as soon as possible and the sims 4 should have been the most short lived in the series but instead it’s the longest yet. Which is another mistake because fans aren’t stupid and are catching on to you just want to milk this for all it’s worth and give players hope that your going to fix a game that was born too broken to begin with not just the game but the whole idea and concept itself behind it. When what you should’ve done instead of trying to fix it or overhaul it, you should have just let it live 5 years tops and in the meantime have a bigger creative time putting the sims 5 together, which I think if they would have done would have been out by now. I mean I don’t know maybe they have been working on the 5th game this whole time but it just seems like their putting way too many resources into this game instead of learning from their mistakes and trying to overhaul this game. create a new system and throw everything that did work into this game such as CAS, creative building tools, graphics, animations, in my opinion the game looks better than it’s ever looked and when you see it, you want to play it but when you do there’s not much depth. So take what worked with this one which would be the look of it and creative building tools and implement that into the next version while focusing more on the depth of the game and create a system where there’s more than just moods but actual consequences to their actions for them and other sims around them that effect their storyline and gameplay. Implement their A.I with a memory system, a log of all the good and bad, the impressions it left. A game from almost twenty years could do it (The Sims 2) and I bet compared to todays A.I and technology it just scratched the surface of what the sims could truly be today. in my opinion there’s no excuse for not better A.I with the sims, consequences to their actions while also being a pretty game too boot. With all the same creative tools this sims 4 has. Will it take more money and more resources and work to create a better game? Yeah. Will it be worth it? Ask the fans. Better yet.. watch the cash flow come in like it never has. It’s still not too late but I guarantee there’s fans out there that probably know a thing or two about creating games and may have already started trying to create a perfect life simulation game where all this is possible. So if I were them I’d be worrying less about this game unless the creators decide to do a complete game overhaul which I’m sorry but they would have to basically rewrite all the codes and make emotions not the main theme of the sims 4 anymore which wouldn’t make sense. They need to see the 5th game as a huge opportunity to make it right this time and see it as an investment. But yes take their time on it and not rush it. Which wouldn’t surprise me if they are doing now but I’m just saying they should have began this process soon after this game came out. They should have known the games basic concepts were not good compared to the other versions that had way more depth. Sometimes it’s better to admit failure, let go and start again then to keep trying to force something you know isn’t going to work.