Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I get my other Sims to attend school at the same time as my main Sim?

I want her BFF to be with her.

Comments

• EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    Yeah I thought all the teens go to copperdale, but apparantly not. I tried everything to make my sim's friends attend school with him, but the only way to do that was to add them to the active household. I even tried going to school before 8 am (before school begins) with my sim's friend and when school started they left the lot to go to their "rabbithole" school. Either way, its dissapointing. I hope a modder can find a way to change this.
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    It’s seems like it’s only sims you make, which sucks.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yeah I thought all the teens go to copperdale, but apparantly not. I tried everything to make my sim's friends attend school with him, but the only way to do that was to add them to the active household. I even tried going to school before 8 am (before school begins) with my sim's friend and when school started they left the lot to go to their "rabbithole" school. Either way, its dissapointing. I hope a modder can find a way to change this.

Rex has come out with a mod that allows you to choose your classmates from the mailbox. He does say that there are some requirements like you have to have a mean Sim, and a Sim from each of the school clubs.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

Rex has come out with a mod that allows you to choose your classmates from the mailbox. He does say that there are some requirements like you have to have a mean Sim, and a Sim from each of the school clubs.

Hmm… if you play a wanted-classmate and make them join a club then return them to their npc-household perhaps they are more likely to be chosen for school?
    telemwill wrote: »

Hmm… if you play a wanted-classmate and make them join a club then return them to their npc-household perhaps they are more likely to be chosen for school?

That could be. And if you have the mod, you can then pick them for those slots.
  • SorwaitteSorwaitte Posts: 11 New Member
    I haven't downloaded any mods for Sims 4, yet. Do they conflict with updates?
    Sorwaitte wrote: »
    I haven't downloaded any mods for Sims 4, yet. Do they conflict with updates?

Often mods will need to be updated themselves after game updates. Before using mods, it is good to consider if you are willing to wait after every game update for your mods to be updated.
    > @telemwill said:
    > Often mods will need to be updated themselves after game updates. Before using mods, it is good to consider if you are willing to wait after every game update for your mods to be updated.

Awesome! How do I find this mod? Google search isn't as accurate as I was hoping...
    > @telemwill said:
    > Often mods will need to be updated themselves after game updates. Before using mods, it is good to consider if you are willing to wait after every game update for your mods to be updated.

Awesome! How do I find this mod? Google search isn't as accurate as I was hoping...

https://591760675.wixsite.com/rexsimscorner/single-post/small-mods-choose-high-school-classmates

Try here.
    @telemwill

Thank you!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Either this is a bug or EA designed it like that.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member
    @Sorwaitte, remember to Remove your mods before any updates or game installations. Mods that are broken by the update will bork your game.
    > @Wndblwz said:
    > @Sorwaitte, remember to Remove your mods before any updates or game installations. Mods that are broken by the update will bork your game.

Do the updates happen on a regular schedule? Or should I be keeping an eye on a particular site to know when one's coming up?
    > @Wndblwz said:
    > @Sorwaitte, remember to Remove your mods before any updates or game installations. Mods that are broken by the update will bork your game.

Do the updates happen on a regular schedule? Or should I be keeping an eye on a particular site to know when one's coming up?

There is a thread on the General Mods section of the forum. It is called Broken Mods and labeled with the latest update. Also discord is a good place to check. I like Deaderpool's discord.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 367 Member

@Sorwaitte, the first step is watching for game updates, which are announced here and on social media, like Sims VIP. Before you install the update, remove your mods. After the update, check the resources telemwill provided above to check the status of each of your mods. You will also want to check the mod creators' sites to be certain.
  • AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    Hopefuly they'll add a way to have active households attend all at once. I play on console so I can't mod
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: »

@Sorwaitte, the first step is watching for game updates, which are announced here and on social media, like Sims VIP. Before you install the update, remove your mods. After the update, check the resources telemwill provided above to check the status of each of your mods. You will also want to check the mod creators' sites to be certain.

This issue isn't caused by mods cause it's happening on consoles as well.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This is a big minus with the pack. You want to build a story around your sim and the classmates.

I know it can be fixed via mods but I think I will wait for a sale.

(Also that occult sims don’t google when possessed or rampaging).
    Ok, so if I'm understanding this correctly, Wolfgang Munch is the only premade non-Gallery teen with the Mean trait, and the Mean trait is one of the things that is earmarked as a priority for the students of Copperdale...despite the fact that Malcolm Landgraab has the Evil trait instead of the mean trait and the promo material appears to have his parents along with the Goths as legacies of the school? So even if you're not approaching Copperdale as a private or prestigious school that people of multiple worlds send their kids to if they can afford it or have scholarships it would make more sense for Malcolm to be there than Wolfgang?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member

Not so. I put two of the families I have created into the same town. Only my Active Sims go to Copperdale. I'm trying out a mod I discovered via Twitter announcements I get. It's called Choose Your Classmates. It's a small mod. I have noticed in other saves, however, that only the Sims in the active lot can even got to school. I discovered this when my Sim took a day off and decided to go visit his girlfriend. None of the school aged kids in that lot were at school. Nor were the parents at work. If you don't play them, they don't go. :open_mouth:

I was afraid of this. I wanted my Sims to meet at school, as I have presented their story as such. Now, that I can see whose at school and she isn't, it's a bit sad. I'm hoping that small mod will do the trick and Kayleigh and her triplet sisters will show up on campus. I do know Hayleigh and Regina were at the Prom, when Erik only invited Kayleigh to go. Oh, well, they did promise us Weirder Stories. Well, they're getting stranger by the minute.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    If you don't play them, they don't go. :open_mouth:

Yeah one of the advantages of TS3, all the sims in the world went about their lives. But the downside of that was whenever I wanted to have a get-together all their friends were busy or at work.
  • JustenvymeJustenvyme Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing with my sim and one of the sims I created prior joined the cooperdale school, so I’m not sure if the sims not joining is a glitch or not because she joined.
  • lataya24lataya24 Posts: 329 Member
    I like the pick your own classmate mod but the issue I feel is there are 24 premade teens goth,landgrabb so the least they could have done was set the lot limit for them. I would have loved to see them all at once at school with at least 1-3 spots for cc sims that is my biggest disappointment with the pack. If anyone knows a way around it let me know I sorta don't want to play without it I like to play hookups and drama but I need all the teens to attend school for it.