Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop and fix it!

This is a thread asking EA to fix Sims 4 before adding new content. There are packs I won even buy because they're full of bugs! Please stop and fix the game- please?

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Yes. I'd rather wait longer between packs and have things bugfixed, tested, & streamlined first. Plus it gives me time to save up more $ for purchases.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I would like that statement @alanmichael1 , but I want to make sure the new patch works first.
  • rachelwolferachelwolfe Posts: 110 Member
    I agree.
  • Sandygurl4uSandygurl4u Posts: 88 Member
    I am so sick of The Sims 4. The fact that we are forced to update our game to even play is beyond ridiculous. Especially because their packs and patches always have a bunch of issues that make the game unplayable for so many people anyway. For example, I haven't updated my game yet because of all these issues going on right now, which we have to wait patiently for them to fix. Like seriously??? Yet, because the game is not "updated", I cannot even play my game even though I spent MY money. How is that fair? I should have the option to update my game whenever I chose especially if the creators apparently don't give a hoot if the game even works or crashes for its players. Do better Sims creators. This routine is getting old. Stop creating broken "new" content and fix the broken things you already have.
  • LSykeLSyke Posts: 7 New Member
    N> @alanmichael1 said:
    > An emergency patch has been announced for next week.
    >
    > https://simscommunity.info/2022/07/30/the-sims-4-major-issues-to-be-resolved-soon/

Next week huh? Well I mean if it's buy next week but I'm certainly not going to like it if it takes a whole 7 days or even just 6
    I don't care if it takes a month- this game is terribly busted.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2022
    I love Sims 4, but they really need to stop adding more stuff without checking first that they work properly. :/
    Earlier I've never had many bugs in my game, I've always played vanilla and I clear the cache after every time I play, but recently there has been a lot of them that should've been noticed even after short time of gaming. If they test their updates and packs at all before releasing them it's hard to believe no one has noticed them.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I often wonder if part of the issue of them not "knowing" about bugs (unless they are blatantly ignoring them) is if they are only playtesting with the newest pack/patch and basegame only so when players get into their game and they have more than just the basegame these issues become glaringly apparent.

Irregardless if the pack/patch is supposed to be able to be played with just the basegame, as a company who has produced multiple modules for their game, the testing needs to be done with ALL modules prior to releasing it to try and squash some of the bugs before players get ahold of it.

Obviously they wouldn't be able to produce every bug because the combination of packs that people own would be too varied, and people's playstyles are way too varied as well.
    I say they should add a beta testing program for those who would like to try things out, and normal game play for those who do NOT... like me! I want a game that is bug-free, thank you.