Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Be Prepared for many more CAS & BB Kits in Sims 4!

2...Next

Comments

• g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I’m not convinced that the job posting is for a new position. It could be to replace someone who is resigning, or has recently resigned.

It could be but simguruazure worked on the last kit and she has been a producer from before kits have been a think so that would mean that they have had producers that work on packs work on kits too instead of having a dedicated producer for kits specifically.

Simguruazure could have been temporarily filling in for whoever resigned though. I suspect they are short staffed like many other companies due to the great resignation. Last year over 47 million people in the US resigned from their jobs. That’s more than the total population of California. And people are still resigning this year. Maybe that’s why there was only 1EP last year too.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I like kits but still want stuff packs or more gameplay kits--part of the charm of stuff packs is they were fleshed out a bit and had interactive content/new things.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I want a number of full on EPs after all the kits they've been making. New skills and new worlds... I will even take a GP or SP if if has a new skill.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I like kits. I don’t use CC, so I enjoy getting new stuff for my sims. I do greatly miss stuff packs though. I liked that with stuff packs it seemed like we always got CAS, Build/Buy, new hairs, and at least 1 gameplay object, and I liked that they came out so often.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I genuinely wonder how many kits will be available by the end of the Sims 4. I haven't purchased any myself, I am tempted to buy some of them, but I am holding off for them to go on sale, if they ever do go on sale.
    filipomel wrote: »
    I genuinely wonder how many kits will be available by the end of the Sims 4. I haven't purchased any myself, I am tempted to buy some of them, but I am holding off for them to go on sale, if they ever do go on sale.

Just a friendly warning: They're usually just stuff. No skills, nothing else, just objects to place in the game.. maybe outfoutfits... maybe.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    I stopped buying kits.

Well the Kids Camp Kit was actually a really good Kit.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Well I hope there's at least more gameplay kits coming. Baby Dragons would be perfect to add in a kit, unless they plan on making a whole Medieval+Fairies pack, cuz then the dragons could return in that instead.

So far I only have Bust the Dust and Little Campers. The only CAS/BB kits I'm interested in are things that are for children, toddlers, or babies. Otherwise I'll only be buying gameplay kits.

Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of vacuuming for a theme, the dust bunnies were cute and I want to keep those as pets. With it costing less than my usual Starbucks order, I don't mind buying gameplay kits, no matter what the gameplay is. But I'm not going to collect all the CAS/BB ones. That cost would add up way too fast.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I would love to see them make a CAS kit pack with goth/punk themed clothing. Also, more supernatural themed kit packs would be cool as well.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    I love the kits. They fit my budget. I can pick and choose what ones I want and not feel I am missing out on something like I do when I can't budget in a gamepack or ep.

And @Colton147147 you should definitely go for it. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully whoever takes that job comes up with better themes because so far all the kits have been horrible even if free I would not want them
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Yeah, I pretty much expected this. They've been releasing kits at such an exponential rate. I was not and am still not a fan of them. It's nice that people can get some BB/CAS items if they want them, but I just don't find them of enough value to me personally to ever plan on buying one, and I don't use CC either. The only one I ever considered buying was the dust one, which I couldn't believe it had really come to for me (really? dust?), but I am desperate for new gameplay. I still have not bought a single kit. I refuse to, I just hate what they represent honestly. I'd rather save that money and use it to buy a bigger pack. 5$ adds up quick when they've released as many kits as they have.

I know the team has said that the production of kits has no impact on stuff packs, but we still have yet to see a single one since Paranormal, which was released over a year ago now (Jan 2021), so I honestly just don't believe them at this point. Bust the Dust was the first kit to release in March of 2021, and we've had a total of 13 kits since then. I really liked stuff packs! They came with a nice amount of both CAS and BB, did a good job fleshing out a theme, and always included at least one gameplay object. It makes me so so sad that we haven't seen another, or gotten any news of their development, since Paranormal, which was one of the best stuff packs released for TS4. Stuff packs would also go on sale, so you could still get them discounted. Kits have yet to go on sale. I don't even know if they can be bundled.

I'm just really disheartened about kits 😔 A kit would have to be exceptional and provide new gameplay for me to ever even consider buying one personally. Something tells me the end of TS4 will just be an exorbitant amount of kits and nothing else. Not looking forward to it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I actually love my Fashion Street & Moonlight Chic Kits. <3 Also, the Throwback Fit & Incheon Kits are handy for my sims. ;) Another thing, even the Carnivore & Menswear Kits is good for my Female sims only. :)
    So, I don't mind more CAS, especially for the child sims. I just wish there was more teen only CAS, because there's not enough teen only t-shirts & runners. :'( However, I do so love the teen runners in Werewolves. Best teen only shoes ever. B)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2022
    I would like to add other qualifications required for this job :
    • Passion for men fashion (hair and clothing) :p
    • Passion for sports

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    More kits don't surprise me at all. Why focus on gameplay if they can make easy money by selling just pretty objects and clothes. no QA needed, no bugs.

I would like to see some more gameplay kits or even better a new stuff pack which adds gameplay and a few objects. Please give us baby dragons in a kit or stuff pack 🙏

So far I only have bust the dust which is nice to have because it adds actual content, not just looks. I don't feel the need to buy any more kits. Besides this one gameplay kit, the only other one that stands out is the little campers kit because it allows players cheap access to functional objects which are otherwise only available with larger packs (swings, bonfires, big movie screen).
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2022
    I would like to add other qualifications required for this job :
    • Passion for men fashion (hair and clothing) :p
    • Passion for sports
    That sounds good to me but just not someone who thinks the men's fashion in game now is actually good
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Depressing. I don't need something I have 20 copies of in another color. The bust the dust I liked because it is new. Kits should be new stuff we don't have in small amounts.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    More kits don't surprise me at all. Why focus on gameplay if they can make easy money by selling just pretty objects and clothes. no QA needed, no bugs.

I would like to see some more gameplay kits or even better a new stuff pack which adds gameplay and a few objects. Please give us baby dragons in a kit or stuff pack 🙏

Correct; they won't put in the effort if they can give us copies of what we already have in a different style. Dragons take tons of work and I'm pretty sure they would never even sell them in a gamepack because of all the work it takes. They would only ever offer that in a gamepack. There should also be castles ect., but with them pairing up weird stuff in packs instead of fleshing them out, it probably wouldn't happen. People are asking for horses, but it won't happen. They couldn't even figure out how to let cows run around and make real farm animals, so you can bet no horses, which I bet means no dragons in this very limited Sims game.
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I would love to see them make a CAS kit pack with goth/punk themed clothing. Also, more supernatural themed kit packs would be cool as well.
    One thing I do agree on. A pack with goth furniture and clothes would be so neat only if they did it right and it was really nice.

ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hopefully whoever takes that job comes up with better themes because so far all the kits have been horrible even if free I would not want them

I have all but 3 packs( the mens pack, the incheon, and the fashion street are the ones I didn't buy. I like the dust kit and the little campers kit, but could've done without the rest. The plants one was ok. Some packs have at least one piece of clothing I like or something, but as a whole are really lacking. I personally miss the Sims 3 content days. There was so much to choose from and it came so often. I went on the Sims 3 forums daily not to miss anything and I only go on the Sims 4 forums ever so often and next to never miss anything, because they release so few packs compared to Sims 3(including the store). That's why I'm not on the Sims 5 bandwagon because we already know it's closed and I don't want another Sims 4 limited world with packs that aren't fleshed out because they have more than one theme, and really no control over the game. I felt in control in the Sims 3 and the content feels like 4x to 8x what we have in the Sims 4. I felt like a little God watching over them. We have next to no real careers in the Sims 4 and they've stopped making active careers. Like you, the thoughts of a kit doesn't excite me at all and even when they announce bigger packs, all I can do is prepare for as little as possible. There are great ideas, but fleshing out an idea just doesn't seem to be a Sims 4 concern or goal. Not saying I don't like some of the stuff, but much of it should've been done differently. Like the so called farming pack and no mermaid place to swim ect.
    Kits lack meaning. Bust the Dust didn't even have an off the grid alternative, even though they have Eco Lifestyle and Island Living. How are those off the grid supposed to clean the floors, buy extra windmills?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    How about an update to the game with a costumes category so we can pick which costumes our sims wear to costume parties? I play rotationally and I would like to see the other sims I play show up to a costume party dressed the way I want them to be dressed.

Then I would love a costume kit. Please include a slightly crumpled witches hat ( without the spider like in spooky stuff ), and a Dracula’s cape.

I also want a goth/punk kit

I want more Childrens kits

I’d like some toddler kits