Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited July 2022
    Even though I think CAS items have much improved in quality over the years, I still use Get to Work items a lot, especially the accessories. This pack added some of the best necklaces and bracelets in the game. @HopeCrash I thought your suggestion would be a good opportunity to bring some CAS items back into focus that we may be scrolling by now since the pack has been out for so long. This post is GTW and Basegame only (and free Holiday pack). Oh, and #9 is an outfit I like to use for swimwear. You have to remove the 'Swimwear' tag at the top to get the shorts to show up in the category.

Focus: Get to Work

0H2OnxL.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: GTW / Top: GTW / Jeans: Holiday / Boots: BG
    #2 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Skirt: BG / Boots: BG
    #3 Glasses: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #4 Earrings: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: Holiday / Top: GTW / Skirt: BG / Sandals: BG
    #5 Earrings: BG / Top: BG / Bottom: GTW/ Shoes: BG
    #6 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: GTW / Full body: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #7 Necklace: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: BG / Shorts: GTW / Tights: BG / Boots: BG
    #8 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #9 Earrings: BG / Top: BG / Shorts: GTW / Sandals: BG
    #10 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Full body: GTW / Sandals: BG

Thought I'd add a version using all the packs. Basically same outfits, but without the BG restriction.

gRoUA9R.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: GTW / Top: GTW / Jeans: DHD / Boots: Spooky
    #2 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Skirt: Para / Boots: SEA
    #3 Glasses: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: DHD / Shoes: OR
    #4 Earrings: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: LP / Top: GTW / Skirt: DU / Sandals: Spooky
    #5 Earrings: BG / Top: CK / Bottom: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #6 Earrings: IL / Bracelet: GTW / Full body: GTW / Shoes: LP
    #7 Necklace: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GF / Shorts: GTW / Tights: BG / Boots: DU
    #8 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Skirt: GF / Shoes: GT
    #9 Earrings: BG / Top: IL / Shorts: GTW / Sandals: BG
    #10 Hat: CL / Necklace: GTW / Full body: GTW / Sandals: EL
    Post edited by Netzspannung on
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Even though I think CAS items have much improved in quality over the years, I still use Get to Work items a lot, especially the accessories. This pack added some of the best necklaces and bracelets in the game. @HopeCrash I thought your suggestion would be a good opportunity to bring some CAS items back into focus that we may be scrolling by now since the pack has been out for so long. This post is GTW and Basegame only (and free Holiday pack). Oh, and #9 is an outfit I like to use for swimwear. You have to remove the 'Swimwear' tag at the top to get the shorts to show up in the category.

Focus: Get to Work

0H2OnxL.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: GTW / Top: GTW / Jeans: Holiday / Boots: BG
    #2 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Skirt: BG / Boots: BG
    #3 Glasses: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #4 Earrings: BG / Necklace: GTW / Bracelet: Holiday / Top: GTW / Skirt: BG / Sandals: BG
    #5 Earrings: BG / Top: BG / Bottom: GTW/ Shoes: BG
    #6 Earrings: BG / Bracelet: GTW / Full body: GTW / Shoes: BG
    #7 Necklace: BG / Bracelet: BG / Top: BG / Shorts: GTW / Tights: BG / Boots: BG
    #8 Earrings: BG / Top: GTW / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #9 Earrings: BG / Top: BG / Shorts: GTW / Sandals: BG
    #10 Hat: BG / Necklace: GTW / Full body: GTW / Sandals: BG
    Oh, I love these, especially the swimsuit! Going back and showing outfits using previous packs is a great idea!
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2022
    I wanted to perhaps give you a fun challenge of trying to do Teacher outfits with HSY just on the horizon of being here!

Love all the outfits you've posted recently as well, of course. :)
    37mfj.png

I can't really remember teachers dressing very fashionably, so I would probably go for a bit of a bland business look, generally speaking. So if I'm going to redress teachers, I would go with something like the below. @RamiSamii
    Although I might go with something different once I get the pack, which won't be until after the aging bug is resolved.

xy4eWcL.jpg
    #1 All BG
    #2 Glasses: BG / Earrings: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: DHD / Shoes: BG
    #3 Earrings: BG / Necklace: BG/ Top: DU / Skirt: IA / Shoes: BG
    #4 Earrings: DHD / Watch: BG / Top: BG / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #5 All BG
    #6 Watch: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: BG / Socks: BG / Shoes: MWS
    #7 All BG
    #8 All BG
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • RamiSamiiRamiSamii Posts: 222 Member
    I love them all! Definitely will channel some inspo for any teachers that get on my nerves :D
    37mfj.png

I'm not buying HSY today, but I still felt like spending some time in CAS, thinking about what I want my teens to wear once they get to go to high school. And who knows, maybe it'll give you some ideas even if you have the items of the new pack to work with.

Focus: Teens - Seniors in High School

nVXgTJ2.jpg
    #1 Bracelet: BG / Top: EL / Bottom: DU / Shoes: WW
    #2 Earrings: SEA / Top: MC / Bottom: DHD / Shoes: DU
    #3 Earrings: CoL / Top: GT / Bottom: TF / Socks: BG / Shoes: Para
    #4 Earrings: BG / Top: EL / Shorts: OR / Socks: DU / Shoes: DU

rmu20Wc.jpg
    #1 Necklace: GTW / Top: DU / Bottom: GF / Shoes: DU
    #2 Earrings: BG / Top: MM / Bottom: BG / Shoes: BG
    #3 Bracelet: BG / Top: TL / Bottom: BN / Shoes: IA
    #4 Glasses: SE / Top: MC / Bottom: CK / Shoes: IA

we all try ...
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    edited July 2022
    I absolutely love this thread! Fantastic inspiration for my sims, and makes me think of things I didn't before.

I have one question - as this thread is getting so long, would it be possible to add a link list with the individual posts so that it's easier to find what you're looking for? It's hard to remember which page that category you are looking for this time is on. I do realise this would be a massive amount of work though, so I understand if the answer is no.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    Thanks for the kind words. I thought about hyperlinks, but didn't consider it worth the effort given that the forum has the function to search within a thread. On the full site there is a little magnifying glass next to the thread's page numbers that allows you to search within in a thread and on mobile there is a box on the bottom of the page 'search discussion'. If you search for 'Teens' for example, the first two hits are the post I did on Thursday and the one for teens I did in April 2019.
    I'll think about a post with hyperlinks again.

we all try ...
    @JAL I changed my mind. :D The first post now includes hyperlinks. I will see if I can improve over time, but it should help.

we all try ...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Thank you so much for the hyperlinks! I'd been taking pics of all your posts and keeping them in a folder on my desktop to refer to.
    Oh, I'm so glad you think it's helpful! I actually started putting something together a while ago, but then I got caught up in how to implement it and considered cross-referencing ... and now I just went with something simple. I might improve it over time, but it's something.

we all try ...
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I really appreciate the hyperlinks list. I've forgotten all the various outfit types you have in this thread. Its a good reminder and makes it much easier to use. Great addition to an already great thread. <3
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,000 Member
    Again, thank you so much! It will be a tremendous help!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    Thank you this thread, I've been lurking on this forum since 2015 and this thread since you first started it. It's really helped my townies out. I would send a sim to a lot and see 5 townies all wearing the same outfits because I'd get stumped trying to dress 150 sims differently.

Then I discovered this thread and now they all have their own unique looks.

Again, thank you for broadening the fashion sense of my townies.
  • Timocchio1969Timocchio1969 Posts: 8 New Member
    Love your creativity! After using some of your outfits, I started noticing the subtle tint & shade differences in the CAS items, I felt inspired to create different styles of my Sims. I'd see one of your outfits & think "Wow, I bet (Sim's name) would look great in this!" Much appreciated. :)

Now that the aging bug is fixed, I finally got the new pack and got to play around with CAS! Some of the new items were instant favourites and I really like that there are swatches that are a bit more out there.

Focus: High School Years

uhWeINZ.jpg
    #1 Earrings: CoL / Top: HSY / Bottom: IA / Shoes: BG
    #2 Hat: Para / Earrings: SEA / Bracelet: GTW / Top: HSY / Jeans: DHD / Shoes: BG
    #3 Earrings: BG / Top: HSY / Bottom: Were / Socks: BG / Shoes: IA
    #4 Necklace: Para / Top: SV / Jeans: HSY / Shoes: BG
    #5 Necklace: HSY / Top: HSY / Skirt: EL / Tights: Were / Boots: BG
    #6 Earrings: BG / Necklace: Were / Full body: HSY / Tights: BG / Boots: LD
    #7 Earrings: MC / Top: MC / Bottom: HSY / Shoes: HSY
    #8 Hat: HSY / Earrings: BG / Top: DU / Bottom: HSY / Shoes: Were

we all try ...
    This is now my go-to-thread for Trendi outfits for my Sims to create and list <3
    ImSands wrote: »
    This is now my go-to-thread for Trendi outfits for my Sims to create and list <3

That's so cool! I kinda love posting outfits on Trendi. I have this teen living alone that makes all her money that way. I keep forgetting to take pictures of my "creations", but checking the current trends, putting outfits together from the selection and naming them is really fun to me. These are two I did remember to take a picture of: 'Fake Fur Real' and 'Rock It-Girl'. Naming them is like half the fun, really. :D

XyeYZUh.jpg

we all try ...
    These are amazing @Netzspannung I would love to see your other creations if/when you do remember to take pics of them.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

Gosh, I love this thread so much! Thanks for doing this. 😃
    I’m trying to rebuild my entire game to have sort of a blast from the past kinda look (a mash-up of styles from late 1950s through early 1970s) and that involves editing every single sim (cc free) to fit into that era as much as possible. I can look over your list and quickly pick the looks that might have worked in that time period. Also, you’ve brought to my attention a lot of pieces I didn’t even know I had - somehow they just never made my radar. So cool!
    KGLsNuM.jpg

First Fits Kit is now available and I was waiting for some more fashionable and up-to-date clothing items for kids, so I got it right away. I think the items are quite nice and have some adorable details.

Focus: First Fits Kit

1TjFFtC.jpg
    #1 Necklace: GTW / Rest: FFK
    #2 Jeans: GTW / Rest: FFK
    #3 Earrings: BG / Sandals: BG / Rest: FFK
    #4 All items: FFK

These tops have especially cute back details:

jPCHzeNl.jpg

we all try ...
  • CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    @Netzspannung When you make the Trendi outfits? Are you having the save issues? Where the save rolls back to Sunday unless you do a "save as". I was told that it was Trendi that was triggering this bug so I've been hesitant to try this.

As usual, I adore what you come up with in this thread and I always look forward to what you do next. It helps give me inspiration for my townies.
    @CarpeNoctemSims No, I never had the issue which is referred to as the 'Groundhog Day bug'. And I do play with Trendi quite a bit. Some have linked it to outdated/unproperly tagged CC, but apparently it also happens in vanilla games. I would imagine this bug to be very frustrating and hope it gets fixed soon for everyone experiencing it.
    And thank you for the kind comment about the outfits, I appreciate it. :)

we all try ...
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    edited September 2022
    You are my favorite CAS creator! Amazing job 🤩 I’ve got a little request - Can you create looks inspired by TS1 Makin’ Magic? the aesthetic of this pack is beautiful, especially the carnival vibes. thanks!
    tumblr_p5h0lsVp4Y1twribho1_400.png

makinmagic_102903_006-634820.jpg

61BEER4VW3L._AC_SX466_.jpg

I was taking a bit of a break from the Sims - which I like to do once in a while - but I'm glad I came back to pick up this very unique and halloween appropriate request from @HopeCrash. I did play The Sims back in the day, but I didn't have Makin' Magic, so this was a bit difficult for me to recreate. I looked at some pics on the net ... but I also have to end up with outfits that I would actually have my Sims wear so ... I did something and I like it, but I don't know if it's going to be up to the standards of someone who enjoyed Makin' Magic. :smile:

Focus: Makin' Magic inspiration

VS6G5uu.jpg
    #1 Hat: BG / Earrings: VG / Top: HSY / Bottom: GTW / Tights: BG / Shoes: BG
    #2 Hat: CL / Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Rings: BG & WW / Skirt: IL / Shoes: BG
    #3 Necklace: WW / Top: ROM / Bottom: CL / Boots: Vamp
    #4 Necklace: GTW / Top: Para / Bracelets: FS & WW / Skirt: CL / Shoes: CL

we all try ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top