Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Early graduation?

What does this entail with the high school pack? Like what do they do when they graduate early?

Comments

• DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Lilsimsie just released a video where one of her sims graduaded early.
    Basically you press a button and thats it, no graduadion, no diploma, no school anymore, just the ability to get a real job and go to university as a teen.
    Although to be fair that was in the early access version where graduation was bugged in general, so maybe they get a graduation.
    https://youtu.be/LAwOkK9o4e8
  • lienne11lienne11 Posts: 192 Member
    Darren wrote: »
    Basically you press a button and thats it, no graduadion, no diploma, no school anymore, just the ability to get a real job and go to university as a teen.
    Although to be fair that was in the early access version where graduation was bugged in general, so maybe they get a graduation.
    Thank you
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Darren wrote: »

Oh that's a bummer. No gratification.
  • WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    My Sim talked to the principal about graduating early. Notification came up that she was graduating, there would be no ceremony, they would receive their diploma, would no longer be a student and could pursue the career of their choosing. When she got home there was a notification she'd dropped out, would not receive a diploma and would need to take online classes. There is no option to take online classes. Additionally, in the career tab she is still listed as a high school student but was demoted from an A to a B student.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Hmm. I got a trait for graduating early and enrolled in University
  • PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    My sim recently graduated early and whilst he has the option to enroll at university, no adult jobs are available. Is this correct for the current patch?
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    PhilSims wrote: »
    My sim recently graduated early and whilst he has the option to enroll at university, no adult jobs are available. Is this correct for the current patch?

Yes. The jobs are associated with life stage and not completing school at the moment. There may be a mod that lets you but it’s not intended.

The benefits of graduating early is unlocking university as a teen and removing school requirements. You get a slight boost to careers too but you can get better doing well at school.

Once the sim ages up they’ll get all the jobs.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,551 Member
    I think this was fixed by a patch. I had all three of my Teens graduate early. The third one only after the first two did so. They all got diplomas and the Graduated Early Trait, perk. They just have to say yes, when the Sims calls them. Voila.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I think this was fixed by a patch. I had all three of my Teens graduate early. The third one only after the first two did so. They all got diplomas and the Graduated Early Trait, perk. They just have to say yes, when the Sims calls them. Voila.

Could they get adult jobs though?
    edited October 2022
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Yes. The jobs are associated with life stage and not completing school at the moment. There may be a mod that lets you but it’s not intended.

The benefits of graduating early is unlocking university as a teen and removing school requirements. You get a slight boost to careers too but you can get better doing well at school.

The text below implies they can get adult jobs

Sims-4-High-School-Years-Early-Graduate.jpg
    Having trouble with a teen Sim joining an organisation at University too.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    JustinB113 wrote: »

The text below implies they can get adult jobs

Sims-4-High-School-Years-Early-Graduate.jpg

Oh so it does! I knew that I had seen that somewhere!

Well in this case I’m in the same boat as you, my early graduates cannot get a career. Perhaps then it is a bug.

They definitely can’t join uni organisations. I think that may be an age/drinking thing. It could be a bug but seems intentional.
    Once I felt I had enough of a relationship with one of the Art Club members I cheated membership and everything seems to work fine!