Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I turn off aging, and keep sims safe from the aging bug?

I always play with a long-life span. If I turn off aging will it keep the age glitch from happening?

Comments

• wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Pretty sure yes. That’s what I did and nothing happened in my game. Correct me if I’m wrong though.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    According to the bug report thread on EA Answers You need to switch the life span to "normal" and then turn aging back off.

If you have aging turned off but the greyed out lifespan option is set to "long" the bug will still happen.

Here's what Crinrict said about it: "Disabled aging will work as long as the greyed out option doesn't say Long. If it says long, it will add the days even if disabled."
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    @GlacierSnow Thank you.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just a caveat: I haven't updated yet, so I can't confirm it. I'm just letting you know what was said on the bug report thread. I've been watching it closely because I will not be updating until they fix this issue.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I play with aging off, and haven't had aging glitches.
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    I had ageing set to long with played sims only ageing as they are being played. Initially, there were lots of issues.* I switched to nobody being auto-aged and the only glitched (?) I've noticed is that when my child aged to a teen, so did her townie friends. This was really convenient though and I don't know if it was a bug.

*Given that I had a semi-famous sim who wanted to hold lots of meet and greets(and was able to invite ghost friends/acquaintances) married to a spellcaster sim who could de-deathify others, this ended up being less of an issue than I initially anticipated.
  • WanevWanev Posts: 8 New Member
    I never play with aging on and even after the patch, my sims still do not age.
  • Wholesome_GothWholesome_Goth Posts: 24 Member
    So far having changed to normal lifespan and aging off turned off had kept my sims alive and well in the sim world. No premature aging and quick deaths have occurred! 🥰

Well, save for the incident of the burning toilet...but that's a story for another time! 🙆🏻‍♀️