The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you get followers on social bunny?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
My sim has 0 followers and never seems to get any more followers when she makes a post.

Is there anything I can do to help her earn followers from her posts? Or can you gain followers on social bunny in ways other than by making posts?

Does she perhaps need higher charisma (she has level 4 charisma)?

Also, what events can one make posts about on social bunny? So far, she has been able to post about how she promoted clothes on Trendi, about travelling and about her part time job as an influencer (I think it was about her being promoted although I don't think she actually has been promoted which is weird). I need to find more things for her to to that she can post about and therefore earn followers from.

Any advice that you can give re social bunny would be very helpful.
Post edited by MaggieMarley on

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Has she added any contacts? She can tag a Sim and send a friendly, flirty or mean post or a joke. I don't know how my Sim got 108 followers, but others have been sending her posts, and she has sent out a few. She's a teen so she can send posts about homework and school.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I noticed followers by posting regularly but after I figured out how to add friends got more.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @MVWdeZT she has added 4 friends but I guess none of them have followed her! I've been having her rag those 4 contacts but still nobody has followed her. Does being (actual) friends with your social bunny contacts help? Is your sim a celebrity? I heard that being famous May help you get followers.

Thanks @RedDestiny92 do you also have to be actual (irl) friends with your social bunny friends?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't think you have to be actual friends. My socially awkward sim has no friends except for his parents (who are not on social bunny), but he somehow has 26 followers. He is not a celebrity, has level 1 charisma, and he added around 8 people as contacts on the app.
    @somewhsome interesting. I wonder what I am doing wrong then. My sim now has quite a lot of contacts on the app and posts whenever she can but still has no followers. Do you know how long it took before your sim started getting followers?
    @somewhsome interesting. I wonder what I am doing wrong then. My sim now has quite a lot of contacts on the app and posts whenever she can but still has no followers. Do you know how long it took before your sim started getting followers?

I don't think it was very long, I played for less than a week. Though I didn't notice when he got his first follower.
    Do you tag people in posts? Maybe it matters?
    I imagine it would help but while it's noticeable as things go up you don't become instant bffs so everything else going up bit by bit. I don't know exactly maybe a week but I don't think you're doing anything wrong maybe mix in some contact out and about with them and also mix in phone calls.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Still haven't got any followers on social bunny. In fact, none of the sims in my household have been able to get any followers. I'm beginning to wonder if it is a mods issue. The only mod that I have is MCCC though and it is fully up to date. Does anyone who has been able to get followers have MCCC?
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    All of my teens follow each other and all have 0 followers so I have no idea. It still functions so I kinda just overlook it
    @wahini2024 do you have MCCC? I am wondering if this might be my problem as it is my only mod. You need 250 social bunny followers for the admired icon aspiration so this is annoying to me :(
    @MVWdeZT @RedDestiny92 @somewhsome do you have MCCC? That's my only mod so I'm wondering whether it could be the issue (though it is fully up to date to the latest hotpatch)
    I'm in a mod free game currently.

no cc either as I use some older stuff and I'm just waiting for that not to work anymore.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    No mods, no CC. But my current teen doesn't have any followers. Her mom has 10, though.
    Hmm took out MCCC and within minutes my teen has 120 followers. So yeah looks like that was the culprit.
    ooh glad it's working for you.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    @MVWdeZT @RedDestiny92 @somewhsome do you have MCCC? That's my only mod so I'm wondering whether it could be the issue (though it is fully up to date to the latest hotpatch)

Nope no mccc but I did notice today that they are gaining followers with trendi so I'm not sure if the two are linked at all. I had 2 of 4 girls sell on trendi and they had followers on social bunny suddenly so I'm not really sure how it works if I'm honest
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I have MCCC, and my Sim got followers-over 100 in a few days after getting a few friends.
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    I've been playing around with this it seems followers accumulate slowly over time and the more friends you have, the more followers you gain. I'm not sure if there are other factors but this is what I experienced.
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    I have this issue too and don't use MCCC. 0 followers on Social Bunny even though I post every day, tag sims, have added every teen my teen has met. I clicked me too on the bug forum. I can't sell outfits on Trendi either even if hype is increased and the style is trending... not sure if that's related and bugged or if I just ask for too many simoleons.

I do have MCCC, so idk if it's a mod problem.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    My sim was stuck on 26 followers during her entire teenage years.
    I actually put mccc back in and my sims are still getting followers now so I think maybe it wasn't a mod issue. Maybe you just need to be on social bunny for a certain amount of time before getting any followers.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    In my game it seems like the followers are updated weekly.at least the past two mondays they've been updated.
  • Soph0506Soph0506 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MaggieMarley said:
    > My sim has 0 followers and never seems to get any more followers when she makes a post.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to help her earn followers from her posts? Or can you gain followers on social bunny in ways other than by making posts?
    >
    > Does she perhaps need higher charisma (she has level 4 charisma)?
    >
    > Also, what events can one make posts about on social bunny? So far, she has been able to post about how she promoted clothes on Trendi, about travelling and about her part time job as an influencer (I think it was about her being promoted although I don't think she actually has been promoted which is weird). I need to find more things for her to to that she can post about and therefore earn followers from.
    >
    > Any advice that you can give re social bunny would be very helpful.
  • Soph0506Soph0506 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Soph0506 said:
    > > @MaggieMarley said:
    > > My sim has 0 followers and never seems to get any more followers when she makes a post.
    > >
    > > Is there anything I can do to help her earn followers from her posts? Or can you gain followers on social bunny in ways other than by making posts?
    > >
    > > Does she perhaps need higher charisma (she has level 4 charisma)?
    > >
    > > Also, what events can one make posts about on social bunny? So far, she has been able to post about how she promoted clothes on Trendi, about travelling and about her part time job as an influencer (I think it was about her being promoted although I don't think she actually has been promoted which is weird). I need to find more things for her to to that she can post about and therefore earn followers from.
    > >
    > > Any advice that you can give re social bunny would be very helpful.
    >
    >

I feel like this might be a glitch. I’ve done a week in the game. My sim has been posting everyday and has made many friends on SB and still has no followers