Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want hybrid occult in The Sims 4 ?

Do you want hybrid occult in The Sims 4 ? 72 votes

Yes
69%
LeGardePourpreOolonglongPlayerSinger2010ilovejewel17maggiemae8135AnmirlaMagdaleenaalanmichael1PhoenixHalliwellMilutinMujovicFinvolaDarquayannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7LatinaBunnySimsLovinLycanGecko420LSM36MDianaSimsFanPhoria 50 votes
No
13%
LesejbSusanaLeotefriendlysimmersFlashMarkermueller_liteBabykittyjadeRedShoe7SkipInklingTequila_Rose_13191TheGrandTourFan 10 votes
It doesn't matter
16%
simgirl1010Khrisstynebenson2006ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtcalipossThriorlogiontelemwillKimmerBenjamilianJ_Doe_77 12 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes
    Sometimes I don't understand Maxis.
    • The Sims 2 had hybrid occult :
      • Maxis has experience about it.
      • It's a part of the lore
      • It's a feature that the players use
    • All the occult sims live in the same universe, they can fall in love and have children together
    • Modders are able to do it so it's not impossible.
    • There are hybrid creatures in TV show
    • The game create hybrid occult on its own so let's do it properly

If The Sims is a puzzle then there should be some connections between the pieces as a whole coherent universe instead of a bunch of independent bubbles ignoring each other.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes I don't understand Maxis.
    • The Sims 2 had hybrid occult :
      • Maxis has experience about it.
      • It's a part of the lore
      • It's a feature that the players use
    • All the occult sims live in the same universe, they can fall in love and have children together
    • Modders are able to do it so it's not impossible.
    • There are hybrid creatures in TV show
    • The game create hybrid occult on its own so let's do it properly

If The Sims is a puzzle then there should be some connections between the pieces as a whole coherent universe instead of a bunch of independent bubbles ignoring each other.

Of course it is possible, but it's too much work for them.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I would love hybrids. My vampire should be able to learn alchemy at least. I think it's unlikely, but I can't help hoping it will happen.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No
    the answer is plain and simple no unless they put toggles in the game to turn off all occult lifestates
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,325 Member
    Yes
    It especially bothers me that they made spellcasters a life state that can't (without cheats) be combined with other life states. Luckily the cheat to add the hidden trait works decently (with some quirks you have to deal with) so I am able to have magic wielding vampires and aliens, but I really would have preferred that they had done it officially so that all types of sims could also be spellcasters.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! First of all, we could do it in TS2. Second, in fantasy media (including my own books), hybrid beings of all types exist and the power to wield magic isn't usually restricted just to one fantasy race. I have OC's who are werewolves and vampires who wield conventional elemental magic, I have a mage who is a sort of half-werewolf after a magical experiment gone wrong, I have one old OC who is half werewolf and half demon...And that's not even getting in to the weird stuff like half-monsters and various flavors of mutants...so, so many mutants...

Third, they've already gone and linked werewolves and vampires to spellcasters in the "Werewolves" pack's lore additions. If they wanted us to stop clamoring for hybrid occults at this point, maybe they shouldn't have seen fit to insert official, cannon lore of that sort into such an open-ended, player-driven game. (Though, personally, I'm the type who doesn't care for pre-made stories or lore in The Sims, since I play to tell my own stories. I never even played the beloved pre-made towns and sims of TS2. Every time I play that game, I build my own world with my own sims in it from the ground up. I'm a heathen, I know.)

So, yeah, hybrids really should have been planned for. I mean, at the very least, they should have made magic a skill system instead of assigning it strictly to one occult type. That way, all sims could learn magic as a skill, with special spells unlocked if the sim is a vampire or a werewolf or an alien or a mersim or whatever. That could have been really interesting. Vampires casting a storm of shadow bats, werewolves projecting a magical manifestation of their inner beast, mersims summoning waves out of nowhere on dry land, fairies insta-growing giant cowplants to terrorize the neighborhood, human sims summoning a hail of red plumbobs, aliens casting Meteor...That would be so much fun.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SirianaSimsSirianaSims Posts: 176 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes, but with some stipulations. I would be fine if only SOME occults were allowed as hybrid. For example, as Aliens don't have a special interface, they should be able to become vampires, werewolves, mermaids and so on. It should be rather simple to allow alien eyes, ears and skin colours for the occult forms. And I don't feel like it should be possible to make a hybrid vampire/werewolf.
    generation5julia.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yes
    How could I possibly make a WoD save without Sam Haight? :p

But seriously, I'd like it *if* they could find a way where they weren't glitchy as all get out, which may not be possible in Sims 4 with the way they have them structured. Right now, Alien/Spellcaster is the least glitchy, because Spellcasters don't have a second form and Aliens don't have a different interface, though even there, you need to go in to CAS from a different sim in the household to be able to change both forms. The other occults all have interference on either the UI or the forms or both (I haven't used any of the mods, so I can't judge how well those help.)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes
    Yes, pretty please!! :p;)<3
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I don't need them. It's not important for my game to have hybrids, but I'm not against them either, as long as they're not glitchy.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    Yes
    It would be great to have spellcaster hybrids, as long as, as Kimmer said, they're not glitchy!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    In The Sims 2 I had Vampire-Servos and Alien-Zombies.

I'm sure that I would have fun if they were back, Plasmathirsty machines and brain hungry aliens wandering in the neighborhood >:) .
  • PineappleMaplePineappleMaple Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    Hybrids will be soooo cool!!!
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    Once, a vampire-alien hybrid just kinda happened in my game through abduction. My game was mostly unmodded at the time. She was literally a hybrid, with some alien interactions and vampire needs, but editing her in CAS was really glitchy! The game allows (allowed?) for hybrids like this to happen. She was a hybrid, but a kinda broken one.

So yes, I'd love official hybrids. They say they won't make them, but really I think the issue with them is that they're very glitchy, especially in CAS, and they just refuse to make it an official feature where they need to think everything through, fix every bug, and give them unique needs and such. Hybrids are still possible in an unmodded game through cheats, but boy howdy will they be messed up, especially when they have secondary forms. There are mods to stabilize this, but I'm really tired of relying on mods and updating them at every patch haha....

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    I had a vampire-witch hybrid using a mod. It was the coolest Sim ever!! Drink blood, fly like a bat... and yet, cast spells and walk in the daylight!

Or let's combine werewolf and sorcerer for a master of chaos! Or... have a heartless vampire-werewolf who fearlessly curses enemies and devours their prey!

Lots of amazing heroes/villains can come from this!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Yes
    Or what happens if an alien abducts a vampire, only to get bit... will the aliens even want him for anything other than an experiment...?
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    No
    I don't personally want it. I don't tend to play occults, but I do let them live freely in my neighborhoods.

Other people might want it, and that's fine.

Hybrid occults always remind me of the role-playing trope of the half demon, half dragon, half cat girls (and yes, I know that adds up to 150%...and yet I once saw someone seriously say that very thing in an MMO chat). So, I'm just not into it.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I'm not against them but I don't feel like I need them either. I love occults but I have no interest for hybrids since I kinda feel like they'd be too... Mary Sue (writing trope) type of thing for my tastes. Though that'd of course depend on how they were to implement it. My preference would be that they could only gain parts of each occult type, perhaps choose a primary one and lesser one, but NOT the "gaining strengths of both, none of the weaknesses" type of nonsense.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Yes
    Yes, please! I would love to have proper hybrid occults. Not only because they exist in media, but having hybrids could also help us to create creatures that we may or may not get in future packs before Sims ends. For instance a vampire/spellcaster hybrid who's given all the "darker" powers and spells could be a pseudo-demon.

Or a vampire/mermaid hybrid (would likely have to use only the mermaid form and not vampire dark form) would allow for some pretty interesting gameplay too. I mean how terrifying would it be to have a creature who can both drown you and drain you of your plasma with the right combination of powers?

Or Mermaid/Spellcaster = Sea Witch, who could be good or bad, depending on your play style.

I'd also like proper occult/human hybrids as well, like Dhampir.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes
    I do play Hybrids with the occult traits & abilities with the Aliens, Spellcasters & Vampires. :pB)
    Unfortunately, I can't actually add Mermaids & Werewolves to the mix without my sim being glitchy. Oh well. :'(
  • Garfieldwxg55Garfieldwxg55 Posts: 76 Member
    Yes
    I’d love to see this, especially since it kind of happens on it’s own, I’d love for it to be official feature. I was planning on using a mod called All-in-One Occult Hybrid Stabiliser, but it seems to be abandoned, either way, I’d love to create a Vampire-Werewolf-Spellcaster-Mermaid-Alien!