Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 High School Year's Negative thread

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Did you place the trellis part that’s actually a ladder (and that is found in the ladders section) ?
    I gave up on the sneaking out. I'm just going to change his aspiration to something else until I figure out why it's not working. I think the way the house is built I can't properly place the trellis and the window.

In any case, it's annoying. I'm playing Sims, not Tetris.

• CattyBetsyCattyBetsy Posts: 62 Member
    Hey guys, thought I would update you now that I played the game. I only use UI Xtension and Lotharioe bust the dust mods, no CC's.

-I do get the "Famous" bug once in a while. Your sims appear to be famous when you hover them.
    -If I try to travel with someone, all the sims options in the panel are greyed out. I have to call the map (M) and then chose who I went to travel with.
    -Many Sims in the panel wear the military outfit (officer, well done guys !)

Gameplay wise nothing noticeable happened at school. Everything worked fine.At least for now.

Tonight is prom night, Malcolm is taking Yuki...what could go wrong.

All in all nothing game breaking. For now... (to be continued).
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Depends where you're from, I guess. We had mandatory sex ed classes.

Fair enough. It just threw me off because teens and this subject did not happen without mods.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think that's always been an option, even for non-parents. (But yeah, it's always been a little creepy.)

Hmm, I never noticed it but then that's just me. lol

Yes it did? It's been an interaction since the Parenthood pack?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2022
    The door issue
    Post edited by BMSO on
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• ElnVldElnVld Posts: 22 Member
    SaharaCat wrote: »
    I forgot to add, NPC's are constantly walking into my house. I did not invite them over. I have to lock my house doors from everyone except family members now.

Same here. :(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nothing new here as it is always about the bugs when a new pack is released, the thing is how long will it take EA/Maxis to fix every bug in the game? Some bugs been existing for quite some time. Modder's are quick to try to fix them but soon as EA/Maxis patches the game the game becomes broke again and the patch EA/Maxis uses may not even intended for the bugs. However, looking at how Sims games are developed it may be too hard for them to correctly fix it being there are a lot of routines but what puzzles me is if they are truly quality testing these packs, they should be encountering them or some of the bugs. But sadly, the customers are the ones testing it and had to buy the game to test it. They may certify it runs well on their systems, but they cannot on the thousands of systems that is out in the wild due to the many configurations even if the basic specs are available. Guess I will play some other game until EA/Maxis finally do what they should have done from the first pack fix bugs from that pack and then move forward and tweak when needed.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Depends where you're from, I guess. We had mandatory sex ed classes.

Fair enough. It just threw me off because teens and this subject did not happen without mods.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I think that's always been an option, even for non-parents. (But yeah, it's always been a little creepy.)

Hmm, I never noticed it but then that's just me. lol

Yes it did? It's been an interaction since the Parenthood pack?

Since launch. I remember bringing it up to these forums when my first teen girl was able to ask Don Lothario about it.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    The state of quality assurance... Come on, EA. Hire more people!!

That is nuts. Especially for an expansion pack. Whether or not it was outsourced team that did it likely doesn't matter - there is not enough people for testing period.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am playing now and actually had a great start before I had to go to bed.
    But now I am scared to go further. How and when is this going to go horribly wrong? :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm still upset so it's a highschool but again where is the school gameplay??? I was hopeful for the early access ea game creators would have a voice to say hey classes are not interactive like stated previously on this thread. Now I'm 🐸🐸🐸🐸 since they didn't add it what's the point of active classes when you can't interact with it!?!? Also again why the heck do we have a football field, an afternoon football practice only to throw a football at a competition??? I want a game like in DU whose idea was that? Have you ever seen a football throwing competition??? It was not that hard to add a game to it the practices are rabbit holes might as well made the game a rabbithole!!! Also Career Day? Again you could've gotten uni to show up at the school as well to talk about which uni is great. I wanted my Sims to take notes and have the homework to go much faster or do homework together with other Sims or study exam together with other Sims like you know get more socially active. There's a bunch ideas on this forum for a highschool pack mind included and you all completely ignored them all. But it's the were listening for me...How? Wedding Stories was a complete trainwreck now Highschool Years a complete and udder disappointment and this is a expansion pack like....
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »

When I look at the names of HSY QA team they are very indian(?). I heard that the QA was outsourced. Nothing against indian tester but this is usually for saving money and not for getting better quality.
    EA doesn't care for the players. They only care for the money and The Sims is just a cashcow.

People are saying they had a Romanian QA team before, so I don't think that the problem is outsourcing necessarily. They just need more testers and probably more time to test everything. I would say they probably need more testers than before, because now we have more packs and more possibilities for bugs and conflicts.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah but it's a cost-cutting measure and QA is MASSIVELY undervalued as is already. I'm at least glad the fanbase is picking up that QA is what needs to be boilstered at this time. Will EA do anything...ehhhhhhhhhh, we'll see.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Yeah, this explains all the fails in all the latest packs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member

Oh wow. That explains a lot! I wonder if they're just having trouble finding people to hire or if it's intentional to cut costs? Either way, unacceptable.
  • ThirteenCatzThirteenCatz Posts: 9 New Member
    I can't believe how bare bones this pack is.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited July 2022
    CK213 wrote: »
    Ugh...

I have over a dozen teen sims that I would love to see at Copperdale High, but first day, not a single one.
    I just get these random homeless spawns and Molly.
    07-29-22_9-02-09_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The two at the lockers are mine.
    07-29-22_9-40-07_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I guess this is fine if you play only one household and don't care about the rest of the world.
    07-29-22_9-54-12_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But I play rotationally and put a lot of time and effort in other households.
    To have none of them show up reduces the usefulness of this pack.
    07-29-22_9-51-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I hope my other sims show up, but there should be a 20/80 rule in favor of sims living in households over random homeless spawns.

Right I'm like I have Sims I don't even know go here? At least give us Sims that we play in other households so they can interact, they always going over and over about Sims being social but won't give them the opportunity to be social when it's literally given to them.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I've only played a few hours. I have my mods disabled until they're all updated. I'm so far really happy with this pack. I haven't experienced any bugs. My only real complaint is that the pack wasn't really integrated with other packs... Especially parenthood. I would have loved to see more options between parents and teens when it comes to detention, being expelled, and sneaking out. I also think it was a missed opportunity to integrate the after school activities from other packs.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

Oh wow. That explains a lot! I wonder if they're just having trouble finding people to hire or if it's intentional to cut costs? Either way, unacceptable.

Someone on Twitter also pointed out that Werewolves had a much bigger QA team (and it is not a buggy pack by Sims 4 standards).

Now that's just weird.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    I gave up on the sneaking out. I'm just going to change his aspiration to something else until I figure out why it's not working. I think the way the house is built I can't properly place the trellis and the window.

In any case, it's annoying. I'm playing Sims, not Tetris.

Does your sim have a flat section of floor to step out onto from the window and then climb down the trellis? You can't get out of the window otherwise.

Yes, it put the window on small balcony. It's it window he can't interact with. It only gives me the option to lock it. He can interact with the trellis just fine.
  • kestrelkestrel Posts: 5 New Member
    I hope they get the horrible amount of bugs fixed soon, that have infested my games/playthroughs. I have already reported my bugs, and am trying hard not to get ragingly angry. In hindsight, I wish I could have stopped that patch from uploading, and I would also not have bought the High School pack. Can't blame it on the very few mods I have.
  • trogametrogame Posts: 37 Member
    I'm really glad I did not update with the patch -- bug city
    https://simscommunity.info/2022/07/29/the-sims-4-and-high-school-years-are-filled-with-bugs/

BTW, Yeah, they still won't grant me full access to the forum.
  • SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    I can't comment on the new pack because I can't get past the problems with CAS. My sims are not coming out how I make them at all. Anyway, I'm sure it has a lot to do with cc and mods, but I did update those yesterday. Today is a whole new ball game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top