Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Release Day!

13...Next

Comments

• Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    edited July 2022
    Waiting for a sale.
    I like the build buy, the CAS, and know I will have fun with the new career. I thought the pack was going to flush out parenthood and I was going to justify the $40 by making use of the HS using clubs, but at this point the HS serves no purpose and the teen life doesn't really seem to have been expanded on.

I was planning to get the pack, but the more info that comes out on it the more you notice that the only thing in it is CAS, BB, and trendi. It feels more like a game pack then it does an expansion back. I bought werewolves b.c I felt they did a good job even though not everything was flushed out, it felt like they really tried to make things cross pack compatible and to make the occult feel different gameplay wise.

While I like the HS pack and would like to get it, the HS pack doesn't feel flushed out at all. I will continue to watch gameplay videos to see if I am wrong, but so far the stuff here for teens doesn't feel any different from playing a young adult sim, and the lack of cross pack integration leaves things feeling shallow.
  • Mr_MuffinTopMr_MuffinTop Posts: 131 Member
    Waiting for a sale.
    sireneiles wrote: »
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. I don't want to give them full price cash for this super limiting pack, especially when they released a game-breaking update. However I still have an itch to make Sims and been waiting for new CAS stuff (mainly HAIRSTYLES) to play around with. Wish I could just use CC but I can't bring myself to.

i can recommend good creators for male CC that looks like maxis made it if you're interested

Can you share with me please, I need some nice male hair and clothes, I've been trying to find nice vest styles as I am a sucker for a good vest. Alas the struggle is real, I've struggled to find nice clothes and hair for my male sims.
  • LadyOracleLadyOracle Posts: 23 Member
    Getting it today.
    > @PinkPaws66 said:
    > I must wait until Wednesday the 3rd - Payday!

Same here, unfortunately! Gotta squeak it out between gas price hikes lol.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,917 Member
    Getting it today.
    Got it, installation was fine, pre-ordered last nite. So far it didnt even break my game !
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Getting it today.
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    This recent patch is a mess but I need a sliver of happiness right now. I've had a cloud of bad luck over my head the majority of this year. I'll take any ounce of joy. 🙃

Wishing you all the best! Times always get better some day. I got Covid (after 3 years of incredible luck) 2 weeks ago and had to spend a felt eternity alone in quarantine. But today I tested negative and feel free and healthy again 😉
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,014 Member
    edited July 2022
    Waiting for fixes
    All of my 22 saves are on long lifespan, so my TS4 game is majorly borked. I could start a new family, but right now I'm too miffed. I'm not even opening the game to try workarounds. The aging glitch and other bugs need to be confirmed as fixed. So, no High School Years until then. I'll just catch up on my reading or play another game ...
  • vampyreluciavampyrelucia Posts: 850 Member
    Waiting for a sale.
    I will buy it when on sale.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2022
    Not buying.
    I looked at the pics in the screenshot thread and it looks like I could have some fun with the pack, but playing high school is still meh. I'm also still so upset about wants & fears not including the previous packs. My game is unplayable too because my only save has a long lifespan. I could start a new test save but don't feel like it. I loved the sims 4 (and I still like it) but after MWS stuff, other bugs and now all this I just feel like... what's the point of spending more money on this game? It looks like not enough effort is put to fend off bugs and fix the game and just new (incomplete) features and packs are added.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Waiting for both a sale and fixes. Let's see which comes first.

I'm not even updating until the game-breaking bugs from the latest patch have been fixed.
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    Not buying.
    Not buying it until there are real fixes.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,860 Member
    Getting it today.
    Not buying it until there are real fixes.

So that would be the waiting for fixes option vs not buying at all.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Waiting for a sale.
    -floats on by on my inflatable tube, sipping on a lemonade-

Always wait for a sale.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • TheGrandTourFanTheGrandTourFan Posts: 33 Member
    Not buying.
    @simgirl1010 Not buying at all. Doesn't matter if there's a sale. No money from me until the game is fixed.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Waiting for fixes
    Thanks to Zerbu's mod, I will buy it as soon as the game is fixed.

Earlier I said I would wait for a sale, but I'm looking forward to it now.

Waiting for the end of next week!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Getting it today.
    I never got a pack the day of release before and technically got this one the day after but that was a technicality, I intended to get it on release day do answered with that. Close enough. Am very much enjoying it, though I hope all the fun doesn't wear off in one sim week. We shall see! I rode all the rides at the midway alone in the middle of the night and hope some of the haunted house functionality of the Halloween festival haunted house would be in this one, but so far, only sound effects. Still holding out hope, but the sound effects are cool! I loved the seasonal festival grounds in sims3, and this adds a few things form that like the haunted venue, the photo booth (which was also a woohoo place in sims3).

It doesn't offer what the Boardwalk and non-rabbithole roller coasters in Roaring Heiggts does in Sims3, nor the fun seasonal fair activities like eating contests and bobbing for apples and picking a pumpkin from a pumpkin patch did in sims3, but it's still an improvement. 😃
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Getting it today.
    telemwill wrote: »

I like Zerbus mod also and it is imo more fun and more realistic than this pack and I am not sorry I bought this pack even at full price though I will admit it's only worth 19.99 and does feel more like a game pack.

But I went looking for zerbus go to school mod and can't find it now? I want to install it again and use it too because even though a lot of social goals for the day like being friendly with staff and students are broken, the school day goals overall are still achievable and I think the custom schools I used with that pack feel way more realistic than this HSY pack. The school also feels more like a school with all the students rushing to class and up stairs together, being able to ask questions in class, go to the library, go to the gym and do goals there like shoot basketball etc.

Where is zerbus mod these days?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited July 2022
    Waiting for fixes
    telemwill wrote: »

I like Zerbus mod also and it is imo more fun and more realistic than this pack and I am not sorry I bought this pack even at full price though I will admit it's only worth 19.99 and does feel more like a game pack.

But I went looking for zerbus go to school mod and can't find it now? I want to install it again and use it too because even though a lot of social goals for the day like being friendly with staff and students are broken, the school day goals overall are still achievable and I think the custom schools I used with that pack feel way more realistic than this HSY pack. The school also feels more like a school with all the students rushing to class and up stairs together, being able to ask questions in class, go to the library, go to the gym and do goals there like shoot basketball etc.

Where is zerbus mod these days?

The one I am using is venue changes which allows you to have clubs at the high school. But there is also a version that allows you to move the school to a different world if you wish.

I did see that the Get to School mod has been updated. It now separates the elementary from the high school. I don't think you are supposed to use the high school portion if you have the new pack. Probably it would conflict.

I am not at my computer right now, so it's hard to do links on my phone. But it should be on page 1 of the Broken Mods thread under updated mods.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    @elanorbreton I play that. Well it's been a while for me as well. I'll have to check it out with the new content. I've playing Medieval Dynasty until I get back into playing Sims. There seems to be several issues people are experiencing so I'm glad I waited. Though I don't want to wait too long and miss out on the bonus content. However, it's not a big deal if I do. Lots of great CC out there.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Getting it today.
    So far so good with my HSY pack. I made sure to turn my aging to normal then turned it off again for all my game saves. Also, I turned off Wants & Fears just in case.
    I've down aged one of my Bella Bachelorette sim to a teen & dressed her as a cheerleader in red for my Testing Game Save. Also, I have made her a round circular home in Copperdale with all the new stuff. I will save my new teen Bella & her new round home in the Gallery soon. ;)