This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Put away the cell phone!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,359 Member
    Yes, please put them away. My sim is walking and constantly pulling out the phone. I could understand once in a while, but it's just happening so frequently...
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    My teen came home from school. She used her phone so much during homework, that it was 6AM before she finished her extra credit. I sent her to her room and removed the doors. Only Maxis can save her now.
  • Options
    Taoron wrote: »
    My teen came home from school. She used her phone so much during homework, that it was 6AM before she finished her extra credit. I sent her to her room and removed the doors. Only Maxis can save her now.

This is horrible. I tried to get my sims on a date at a restaurant, and the whole romantic moment was ruined by cell phones!
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I hear ya. I wish I could disable phones completely. They annoy the HECK out of me. No, I don't want to join your club! No, I don't want to come to your birthday party (and now I feel like a jerk for turning you down)! And I don't care if you know that I made friends with someone!

Although I will say, I don't get texts inviting my Sim to a birthday party anymore. Muting the phones seems to help with *some* things.

That had me laughing with the song in my head finishing for you "No, I don't want your number, No, I don't wanna give you mine/ no, I'm not coming over, No, don't want none of your time "

😁😆
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    Taoron wrote: »

This is horrible. I tried to get my sims on a date at a restaurant, and the whole romantic moment was ruined by cell phones!

I shut off autonomy. I'm not seeing it anymore. They're wetting themselves and my kids go to school stinky now, but at least they're not glued to their phones and they're getting their homework done. Pick your battles. LOL
  • Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    It would be nice if there was a way to just 'tune down' the amount of time they spend using their phones. I still want them to use it, just not like every two seconds. It would also be nice if we could see the million selfies they autonomously take all the time, and if taking the selfies would increase their photography skill.
  • Options
    DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    Since the last patch things seem to be even worse. My sims constantly look at their phones!
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • Options
    I created a bug report about this on the EA forums if you any of you want to add feedback. Please also click the Mee Too" button underneath my post to let them no that you are experiencing this issue too.

Cell Phone Usage Bug Report:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Always-Using-Cell-Phone-During-Interactions/m-p/11675509#M222232