Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fitness improvements and suggestions

bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What do you think should be integrated in game for fitness?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Every once in a while I post a poll with new ideas for packs like this. I usually include some sort of sports pack. I'd like to see anything from a team sport like volley ball (Sims 1) to the acrobat career in TS3. Even different forms of dance would be welcome.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    I would like free weight animations, boxing interactions and/or a career for boxing and martial arts where you can challenge npcs and develop a record. It would also be nice if you can win a belt for each world and have to retain it via constant challenges or surrender it and retire.

It would also be cool to be a personal trainer where you have a non rabbit hole task of helping people eat right or work out and meet their weight loss or gain goals. Going door to door or meeting them where they are would be cool, whether it's cooking for them or training them.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    More multi-sim activities. In addition to the above: TS2 has a soccer goal net, kicky-ball, free roaming pillow fights, and other running around activities. All should be present and contribute at least a little bit. What about hockey for those who have Seasons? Does the skiing in Snowy Escape count? The clilmbing should as well and the hiking trails if they don't already.
    More multi-sim activities. In addition to the above: TS2 has a soccer goal net, kicky-ball, free roaming pillow fights, and other running around activities. All should be present and contribute at least a little bit. What about hockey for those who have Seasons? Does the skiing in Snowy Escape count? The clilmbing should as well and the hiking trails if they don't already.

I'd play hockey if it was in there I guess. I was just sad to see they added a sparring feature for Strangerville but limited it to the sparring target and military career. They should expand on it and add boxing and martial arts or even a sim version of mma ( although I'm a traditional MA guy), I'd take it versus nothing.

They should also brush up on the fitness aspiration and make bodybuilders look like bodybuilders with 3 different variety looks (natural, lean, bulky) to choose to work towards.

• mystang1972mystang1972 Posts: 9 New Member
    I love all of these ideas. But I would be over-the-moon happy if they would just add in walking as an exercise. To include walking with others (maybe by the grouping action) or as a club activity. I would love to see this added for child thru elder and include pets with multiple people (not just one pet, one sim but I understand why they may not want to go back and alter that). This would be a great family activity as well as a non-strenuous exercise for our elders. And not necessarily a "speed walk", just a stroll through the neighborhood, like with hiking in Snowy Escape.
    I love all of these ideas. But I would be over-the-moon happy if they would just add in walking as an exercise. To include walking with others (maybe by the grouping action) or as a club activity. I would love to see this added for child thru elder and include pets with multiple people (not just one pet, one sim but I understand why they may not want to go back and alter that). This would be a great family activity as well as a non-strenuous exercise for our elders. And not necessarily a "speed walk", just a stroll through the neighborhood, like with hiking in Snowy Escape.

Yea walking i.e. taking a Sunday stroll would be nice. It would be nice to gain a lifestyle or sentiment for doing so as well.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'd like a boxing ring to put in a gym. Have trainers, spar partners, and a skill line. The animations are already in the game for the punching bag so, it doesn't seem like it would require a ton of effort to make happen.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    VR sports and real completions for Sims to compete in.
    Arzekial wrote: »
    I'd like a boxing ring to put in a gym. Have trainers, spar partners, and a skill line. The animations are already in the game for the punching bag so, it doesn't seem like it would require a ton of effort to make happen.

You're talking my language Arzekial. I would flip if they (the devs) realized this and added a few more gameplay functionalities.

Imagine training a scrawny sim to be the interworldly champ, fighting sims from all packs with their own unique features as opponents. Also, it would be good to not win so easily gameplay wise and maybe it would require us to master skills, lore or even seek out hidden trainers to beat certain opponents.

Sigh....that would be great gameplay.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited July 2022
    Arzekial wrote: »

You're talking my language Arzekial. I would flip if they (the devs) realized this and added a few more gameplay functionalities.

Imagine training a scrawny sim to be the interworldly champ, fighting sims from all packs with their own unique features as opponents. Also, it would be good to not win so easily gameplay wise and maybe it would require us to master skills, lore or even seek out hidden trainers to beat certain opponents.

Sigh....that would be great gameplay.

It really would be! The boxing ring would also be a great place to "settle disputes" with sim's rivals or enemies... looking at you Agnes!
    A weird thought, but should they allo the sports to be online for actual Simmers to compete? I mean, it's not like it would let them access your world, just take them to a lobby and such.
    A weird thought, but should they allo the sports to be online for actual Simmers to compete? I mean, it's not like it would let them access your world, just take them to a lobby and such.

I wish the Sims had a slither of multiplayer. I would take interaction with another friends sim in boxing competition.

I wish the Sims had a slither of multiplayer. I would take interaction with another friends sim in boxing competition.

I would somewhat like it, too. Still, I fear they would go overboard with it.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    "Run here" option
    Jogger stop freeze to death please. We can't work out outside if it is cool (not even freezing!) Work out should warm your sim! Athlete outfit shouldn't affect by mild weather!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    Simlympics? Running triathlons, archery, swimming races, karate, bike racing?

Charity runs?
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    In sims freeplay we have a lot workout equipment like weight, jump rope, fixed bike, rowing machine and more. Really a lot (they also have beach valley ball and pool valley net)
    I wish we could jog together
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
    Ararine wrote: »
    In sims freeplay we have a lot workout equipment like weight, jump rope, fixed bike, rowing machine and more. Really a lot (they also have beach valley ball and pool valley net)
    I wish we could jog together

Well we should have the same options in the Sims 4
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    Fighting mechanism of course.

I dont know if there is a seperate martial arts skill for that though, I think any sim with high fitness skill can be able to fight.

Gameplay mechanism is similar to sims medieval sword fighting. Attack and defense are automatic, there are some actions that the player can take part in: the fighting stance and special moves. The success or failure of attacks, defenses and special moves is determined by various factors: the Sim's fitness level and mood. There are two bars; health and stamina. Special moves cost stamina but decreases opponents health.

Fighting would be useful if burglars come back. I also want to see some active police career where ypu have to fight with burglars
    JinxIndigo wrote: »
    Fighting mechanism of course.

I dont know if there is a seperate martial arts skill for that though, I think any sim with high fitness skill can be able to fight.

Gameplay mechanism is similar to sims medieval sword fighting. Attack and defense are automatic, there are some actions that the player can take part in: the fighting stance and special moves. The success or failure of attacks, defenses and special moves is determined by various factors: the Sim's fitness level and mood. There are two bars; health and stamina. Special moves cost stamina but decreases opponents health.

Fighting would be useful if burglars come back. I also want to see some active police career where ypu have to fight with burglars

Agree with all of the above. I would love a real police career that you can just patrol in any world at will and find/fight crime.