Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

Comments

• SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2022
    For graduation, does the game generate a cap & gown for our sims, or do we have to edit them in cas? And if we do, does it matter which category? I'm assuming that outfits for prom would fall under the formal category?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    For graduation, does the game generate a cap & gown for our sims, or do we have to edit them in cas? And if we do, does it matter which category? I'm assuming that outfits for prom would fall under the formal category?

Yes it does!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I don’t understand why they changed it.

Is the potion tied to Realm of Magic?
    I don’t get why I need to wait for my Sim to go to sleep or travel? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. That’s the The Sims 2 system.

Whims were better in that you could cancel them and another would generate.

There should be a choice in options. Keep whims or enable wants/fears. I’m not using fears though.

No it's tied to the base game. There was always a potion to roll whims.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »

Yes it does!

Great! Thanks so much!

• Gamer40008Gamer40008 Posts: 10 New Member
    I’m just wondering if anyone would could confirm about adults going out of the window, or being able to use the football, cheering leading mats, also can they sell clothes on the app or is it just for children
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    I’m just wondering if anyone would could confirm about adults going out of the window, or being able to use the football, cheering leading mats, also can they sell clothes on the app or is it just for children

Football yes. Adults can throw Football to each other.
    There is actual carnival music that plays on the pier. I think it's coming from the ferris wheel. Also you'll occasionally hear sim voices coming out of the live speaker.

Source
    Iron Seagull
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch. But I was watching James Turner latest video and he was able to have a teen in an afterschool activity and also a part-time job.

Initially when he chose the part-time job first it did not work. But after having the afterschool activity he was able to re-sign up for a part-time job after.

If this is a glitch, I hope they don’t fix it.

I think the job and after school activity have to have different hours. IF the times clash, the new choice will replace the old.
    Thanks catloverplayer do you no if cheering leading or the mat works?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2022
    After watching James Turner's video I have some questions.

1. Can we make trendi outfits for the opposite sex? Like if we play as a guy, can we make girl outfits? I want to play a guy so he shaves but I don't want to have to play 2 sims to make the trendi outfits.
    2. When we do a funny or mean message thingie, do we get the comedy or mischief skill?
    3. Can we make outfits for young adults? I like that a lot of the CAS outfits don't show so much skin, I'd love to use them for my young adult sims.
    4. Can we go to high school 4 years? If we can, can we drop out after 3 1/2 years or sooner if we get tired of playing the high school?
    1. Yes. You can swap gender top left of the screen. Make sure the mannequin in nude when you do though, or anything it's already wearing will be unavailable once you switch.
    2. I haven't checked this, sorry. Will try and remember when I play.
    3. Outfits are for anyone Teen+. No kids clothes on Trendi, though.
    4. High school doesn't technically have "years". There are weekly exams/events, but it lasts for the entire time your sim is a teen. The longer the lifespan, the longer school lasts. You can drop out on the first day if you want. Work on skills at home if you plan to make money in a non-employment way. You can get your diploma online later, though I think you may have to wait until you are a YA, as the option doesn't seem to appear on teens. I'm not sure how long it takes to get this way.
    Hi Emma so we can make clothes for adults too? That’s good to no, after you have played the EP do you think it’s worth getting?
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    Thanks catloverplayer do you no if cheering leading or the mat works?

No I don't.
    Carnival Music is from the ferris wheel itself. Iron Seagull also said when he answered my question there is no new radio stations.
  • AndaurilAndauril Posts: 42 Member
    Okay, I'm playing 2 household with teens rotational, and I'd like to know if I will be able to have the teens from both households interact at school?
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    If they are in the same household, you can send up to 8 students to high school. James Turner did it in a video.
  • AndaurilAndauril Posts: 42 Member
    No, they're in different households. I have two households that I play, both with teen sims, and I want to know if I can see my other teen sims at school.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I would guess probably not. Apparently only 20 sims are allowed on lot, including the staff. It appears from videos that I have watched that we have no control over other students appearing in the school, it is random like with NPCs. I saw one where the population in the school changed each week. Disappointing to me as I was looking forward to making friends and seeing them in school. Guess we have to wait until pack is out and see how it works out.
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    - all the new ice creams are vegetarian-friendly (the lighting right in front of the counter is horrible, they look better when your sims walk away)
    - there is one vegetarian-friendly food option on the boba bar at the pier
    - none of the boba flavors indicate that they are vegetarian-friendly or lactose-free, but I haven't tested them
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I don’t understand why they changed it.

Is the potion tied to Realm of Magic?
    I don’t get why I need to wait for my Sim to go to sleep or travel? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️. That’s the The Sims 2 system.

Whims were better in that you could cancel them and another would generate.

There should be a choice in options. Keep whims or enable wants/fears. I’m not using fears though.

No it's tied to the base game. There was always a potion to roll whims.

Thanks. I’ll have a look for it in the rewards panel. I’ve not noticed it before. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    Adults can't do the Sweetheart Dance
    Adults can Pillowfight
    Adults can't sit in bed and use mobile pcs,phones etc
    Adults can cheerlead if they use the cheerleading map.
    The Carnival Rides can be used in other worlds but the lot needs to be large enough.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Did you know that they no longer are advertising that you can use the laptop in bed? This pack is mainly a big list of "Can'ts" and "Nope. Not today little Simmer" and "We didn't have time."
    Can adult sims get out of the window?
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Did you know that they no longer are advertising that you can use the laptop in bed? This pack is mainly a big list of "Can'ts" and "Nope. Not today little Simmer" and "We didn't have time."

Wait that doesn't work??
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently you sim gets locked out of various careers if they're expelled from school via being a high school drop out.

I find that hitting so close to home yet I like that detail.
    5vJrxmT.png